HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,639
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, TheophilusOne, 2 invisible), 3,125 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 39 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 38 39
Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #115989
07/14/09 04:12 PM
07/14/09 04:12 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
James, please explain in more detail why safety concerns lead you to believe Jesus wants you to work on the Sabbath. Thank you.
and could you explain the reason of the op and the third post, as well as subsequent posts questioning if the "Lords day" is really sunday? smile

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: I have some questions [Re: kland] #116001
07/14/09 10:51 PM
07/14/09 10:51 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: James Saptenno
I preffer to serve the Lord, but I could not deny my responsibility and obligation to my job and people who needs me.
If I deny my job and serve the Lord, I am sure that I will lost my job from this big client. This time, I don't dare to face such risk.

Reading your comment, I feel sorry for you.

I don't think you are understanding. You have judged yourself.

You have said you prefer to serve the Lord, but have chosen man.
You have said you have to serve man or you will lose your job.
You have implied that you are serving man for the big money.

Does anyone else need to judge you what you have admitted yourself?

But I will judge you in this. Even though you fully know which is the Sabbath, you have dishonestly presented that the Sabbath has been changed in order to justify your choices. You have been attempting to mislead others by justifying what you fully know is wrong.

Rather than twisting scriptures to justify your behavior, you could approach it from how health care workers do. I'm sure it would be well for workers of nuclear power plants to work on Sabbath if alternative arrangements could not be made. If you feel justified in working on the Sabbath, I am not judging you as I don't know what is involved in your work. But I do judge you for misrepresenting God's Word as you have freely admitted.

Please, this is none of our business and it is between the Lord and James. Who are we to judge?
Originally Posted By: Bible
Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. (James 4:11, KJV)

James, I read what you shared here and I'm so happy that you had many opportunities to experience God's great love. God is so great and wonderfull to have spare your life after that brutal beating. Yes, I believe, He spared your life for a great purpose. I have total confidence that that love will keep you close to the Lord and His will. There's no necessity to explain your situation here. The Lord is with you and have promised to be with you always(dwell in us, teach us, guide us, etc...) and direct your every steps. And if really need so, He can lead you to someone with His spirit.

Warm Blessings and remain in His love,
Elle

Re: I have some questions [Re: kland] #116009
07/15/09 03:50 AM
07/15/09 03:50 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
I preffer to serve the Lord, but I could not deny my responsibility and obligation to my job and people who needs me.
If I deny my job and serve the Lord, I am sure that I will lost my job from this big client. This time, I don't dare to face such risk.

Reading your comment, I feel sorry for you.

But I will judge you in this. Even though you fully know which is the Sabbath, you have dishonestly presented that the Sabbath has been changed in order to justify your choices. You have been attempting to mislead others by justifying what you fully know is wrong.

Rather than twisting scriptures to justify your behavior, you could approach it from how health care workers do. I'm sure it would be well for workers of nuclear power plants to work on Sabbath if alternative arrangements could not be made. If you feel justified in working on the Sabbath, I am not judging you as I don't know what is involved in your work. But I do judge you for misrepresenting God's Word as you have freely admitted.

Kland.

As I say, you are a very typical SDA's who judge people by their works against the law. This will lead to a cynical and sarcastic person.

You missed what I have said; I have prayed that the job might fall at other days and not at the Sabbath day, but it fell on Sabbath.

I have the responsibility and obligation to conclude the job, which onvolve may people from different institution and also expatriat from Europe who came all the way to supervise the job, which involve a cost of USD. 2.5 Million.

Do you think it is good for me, telling this people, sorry, this is my Sabbath day, the law could not allow me to work today, come back again on Sunday??

In this situation is God happy because I abandon my job and go to the church or I abandon my time to go to the church and do my job? For you, the answer is clear, because your view is solely based on perfect obedience to the law, even it would make many people angry, loosing time and money.

But the real son of God would not do that. His action is base4d on love without sacrificing other people. as long as he had tried all posible way to avoid working on Sabbath, but when it does happened the other way, with such responsibility as mine, then doing the job on Sabbath is what God would me do rather than abandon it and deny my responsibility and obligation. Serving people is serving God, when the job is succesfully done, people will agree that I'm with the Lord.

Do you think Jesus would do the same as mine? Please be careful with your answer, otherwise you become like a Pharisian.

In His love

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #116010
07/15/09 03:54 AM
07/15/09 03:54 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Kland, please consider your words carefully. Are you sure you know enough of the details to judge James so harshly?
But apparently does not know enough to remember that it is not his place to judge James or anyone else at all.

James has a choise, which he has made before and will make again. The choise of going to the cross. After that, this all is buisness entierly between James and his Lord, and none whatsoever between James and kland or James and Mike or James and Thomas. Why dont you guys just recognise that you are not James's Lord and leave any necessary conviction and responce in the only hands that are qualified to deal with them?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: I have some questions [Re: vastergotland] #116014
07/15/09 04:18 AM
07/15/09 04:18 AM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
being judgmental, condemning and pharisaical is a universal syndrome equally applicable from the ultra-liberal to the ultra-conservative. pot calling the kettle black comes to mind. smile

james, if you didnt want peoples thoughts on the subject why bring it to a discussion board and ask questions?

and again, why start off with the op and subsequent posts that lead to making sunday look like the "Lords day"?

whats up with that, my brother? smile

it is your life, and you have to live it as you see fit, and no you dont deserve to be judged, but if you had come on here trying to justify killing someone..........

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: I have some questions [Re: vastergotland] #116018
07/15/09 01:56 PM
07/15/09 01:56 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Elle
Please, this is none of our business and it is between the Lord and James. Who are we to judge?
What is this? Your this doesn't seem to be what my this is. As is obvious from your response, you did not understand my this. You have addressed things which I explicitly stated I was not addressing, nor judging James on, yet failed to address what I did address. I thought Teresa, in post #115989, clearly explained what I was saying if I was not clear enough myself. I see you, James, nor västergötland have considered what she asked.

You missed what I have said;
No.
You have failed to see that has nothing to do with what I am talking about. I do not know enough details to judge you on what you are talking about, although your comments regarding it seem to indicate you are uncomfortable with it. But, that's between you and the Lord.

Why have you responded to what I said I was not talking about, but did not respond to Teresa?

Originally Posted By: västergötland
But apparently does not know enough to remember that it is not his place to judge James or anyone else at all.
Judge James about what? What is it I am judging James on?

Re: I have some questions [Re: kland] #116027
07/15/09 03:15 PM
07/15/09 03:15 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Elle and Thomas, it is my understanding that James want to discuss the validity of his choice to work on the Sabbath. Knowing the details is important. I can then share my opinion based on my understanding of the Word and Jesus' example. But I will never judge or condemn him. Never. Thank you, Jesus!

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #116036
07/15/09 04:30 PM
07/15/09 04:30 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
kland, regarding your question as to what you are judging James on, you wrote:

Quote:

Rather than twisting scriptures to justify your behavior, you could approach it from how health care workers do.
I'm sure it would be well for workers of nuclear power plants to work on Sabbath if alternative arrangements could not be made. If you feel justified in working on the Sabbath, I am not judging you as I don't know what is involved in your work. But I do judge you for misrepresenting God's Word as you have freely admitted.

The part in italics looks like it could be judging James. For example:

1.You have dishonestly presented ... to justify your choices
2.You have been attempting to mislead others by justifying what you fully know is wrong.
3.Rather than twisting scriptures to justify your behavior ...

Now I don't know that I've read every post on this thread, so it's possible that I've missed something, but to James admit to these things? That is, is it James' opinion that he was dishonest? Or that he was trying to mislead others? Or that he was twisting scriptures? (If so, I think it would be good if you quoted him doing so).

If *he* has said he has done these things, I can see that what you wrote is not judgmental. However, if he takes issues with what you're writing here, that's another matter. I would, in this case, have couched what you wrote in more qualified language. For example:

Quote:
But I might judge you in this, if this is the case. Even though you apparently know which day is the Sabbath, and that you should keep it, it looks like you have presented that the Sabbath has been changed in order to justify your choices. It looks like you have been attempting to mislead others by justifying what you fully know is wrong.

Rather than trying to make the scriptures say something they don't, to justify your behavior, you could approach it from how health care workers do.

Even this seems a bit direct to me. I think my approach in a case like this would be to ask questions.

E.g. James, is the reason you are asking these questions because you are trying to justify behavior you know to be wrong?

The reason I'm bringing these things up, kland, is because you've been asking for feedback.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: I have some questions [Re: Tom] #116043
07/15/09 08:45 PM
07/15/09 08:45 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Tom
The reason I'm bringing these things up, kland, is because you've been asking for feedback.

Thank you. That is what I've been asking for. Others have judged me, but failed to address what I said. By no one addressing it, I would assume I was correct.

Quote:
The part in italics looks like it could be judging James. For example:

1.You have dishonestly presented ... to justify your choices
2.You have been attempting to mislead others by justifying what you fully know is wrong.
3.Rather than twisting scriptures to justify your behavior ...

Now I don't know that I've read every post on this thread, so it's possible that I've missed something, but to James admit to these things? That is, is it James' opinion that he was dishonest? Or that he was trying to mislead others? Or that he was twisting scriptures? (If so, I think it would be good if you quoted him doing so).
This is the quote I am referring to:

1. You are correct, I did conclude he dishonestly presented it. He was arguing kuriake hemera when that wasn't his intent at all. I got that from, "I preffer to serve the Lord, but I could not deny my responsibility and obligation to my job and people who needs me". It appears to me that he admitted he really had no question about kuriake hemera. It appears to me, he fully is convicted of what is the Sabbath day, but has justified it. So while he may not have said his original post was dishonest, he did admit his real reason. Is that correct?

2. "I preffer to serve the Lord,", does that not admit he knows which day the Sabbath is? Otherwise, why would he make such a statement? Unless someone can guide me differently, he as said nothing differently than he would prefer to serve the Lord, but has chosen to serve man instead. That takes care of the justification part. Misleading others...that's back with the kuriake hemera which has nothing to do with what Mountain Man may have perceived as his real question: "the validity of his choice to work on the Sabbath".

3. Actually, now that I look at these, the first part is my conclusion to his admission of the second part which I listed individually right above the conclusion paragraph. Was I unclear on that part of what I was saying? I judged (which I stated that I did) by making a conclusion concerning his admissions.

Quote:
Even this seems a bit direct to me. I think my approach in a case like this would be to ask questions.
Too direct? I guess I felt he was reeling us in by going on about kuriake hemera all the while knowing what he was doing was wrong (at least he thought it was wrong according to his above quotes). If he wanted "to discuss the validity of his choice to work on the Sabbath", then ask. Don't try to deceive people and continue attempting to do so even when his error had been pointed out. I felt duped. I have been forever changed as the next person who asks something like he started out with, I will ask, why do you ask that, before ever getting sucked into kuriake hemera or some other non-relevant distraction. That would be better, huh?

But none of these three things has anything to do with what he and others are accusing me of judging him of, are they?

Re: I have some questions [Re: kland] #116045
07/15/09 10:20 PM
07/15/09 10:20 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Tom
Too direct? I guess I felt he was reeling us in by going on about kuriake hemera all the while knowing what he was doing was wrong (at least he thought it was wrong according to his above quotes). If he wanted "to discuss the validity of his choice to work on the Sabbath", then ask. Don't try to deceive people and continue attempting to do so even when his error had been pointed out. I felt duped. I have been forever changed as the next person who asks something like he started out with, I will ask, why do you ask that, before ever getting sucked into kuriake hemera or some other non-relevant distraction. That would be better, huh?

But none of these three things has anything to do with what he and others are accusing me of judging him of, are they?

Kland, love is absent in your reply. When there's no love, then your reply has nothing.

God invites us to come and reason with him. That includes any question as tabou as "Are you really there God? " Just because you know this answer and don't need to ask that question, we shouldn't judge the one who sincerely ask.

To me James was honest and even said something quite personal to us as he opened up. How many people here would make themselves vulnerable and confess? Such a delicate matter that should only be said to God as He would reply with care and never pass any judgment. There's many ways to respond without passing accusation. To me, that's where you are wrong and have judge your brother.

Blessings
Page 7 of 39 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 38 39

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/20/24 12:54 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!