HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,638
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, TheophilusOne, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,257 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 39 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 38 39
Re: I have some questions [Re: Green Cochoa] #116328
07/19/09 03:07 PM
07/19/09 03:07 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, I am deeply concerned for you. It seems to me, from what you've posted here, that your reasons for working on the Sabbath are "personal" (your word) rather than biblical. Please take a closer look at the reasons why you are willing to work on the holy and sacred Sabbath day. Please, brother, you owe it to yourself and to those of us (family, friends, and the onlooking universe) who love and care about you. As always, you are in my most heartfelt prayers.

Re: I have some questions [Re: James Saptenno] #116346
07/19/09 08:09 PM
07/19/09 08:09 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: James Saptenno
Originally Posted By: teresaq
Therefore, my question is: what will do, even we had prayed but our flight falls on the Sabbath day?? Will we honor Sabbath and die, or will we take the flight?

Jesus said, pray for your flight would not fall on Sabbath, but if it happens? What then? Take the flight or stay??
i see this as a false dilemma question.

it puts God in a very bad light. it portrays Him as telling us to pray that our flight be not on the sabbath nor in the winter, but when the time comes, saying, to the effect, "gotcha" as if He asked us to do something with no intentions on His part of fulfilling the request.

but in this case, with this particular point we have a precedent.

when the followers of Christ had to flee jerusalem, was their flight in the winter or on the sabbath?

that alone tells us if He will be faithful and true, today, also.

Maybe, because there is a difference between the matters of live and death and a job at risk???

If the 1st, God will definetely answer,
If the 2nd, maybe yes may be no

???

In His love
God always answers. take it to Him in prayer. dont ask Him to work out the sabbath thing, just talk to Him as if you were talking to any person. tell Him how you feel, that you dont want to lose your job, etc. just take it to Him and see what happens.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: I have some questions [Re: James Saptenno] #116347
07/19/09 08:18 PM
07/19/09 08:18 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Their real reason of neglecting Sabbath and accepting Sunday as the Day of the Lord is that Christ himself has made an end to the Torah by crucifiying the law to his cross. Crucifying the law means ALL laws, including the Ten Commandment, because according to them, there is no separation of the Law. Torah contains of 613 Mitzvoh and all has been nailed to the cross. They do not accept a separation of the Ten Commandments with other law of the Torah. As according to them, it is not biblical and there is no evidence.

This what I tried to explain to them and got a very hot argumentationa and counters. After using many verses from the bible (which I always can explain to them the true meaning or intention of those verses), it came to Rev. 1:10, which knock me off a little.

I will put some of these difficult replies from their side that was hard for me to reply.

In His love
what usually works for me is when i start asking them does that mean that it is now ok to steal, or to kill, etc. i have a "presentation". they usually get angry and do not reply. unfortunately it doesnt make them think.

my "presentation". feel free to adapt or disregard.
no, brother, we are not under the law. but, perhaps, we need that mindshift as in those pictures that are 2-in-1. you know, like the one that when you look at it it is a vase, but if you keep looking it changes into a woman? there are several like it. it takes a mindshift to be able to see both.

as for us "lawkeepers", actually were not. we break the law moment by moment, hourly and daily. by the law i mean the one written by Gods own finger.

i would like to ask you which of those 10 commandments are we free to disregard, now? Jesus summarized them as supreme love for God and love our fellowman as for ourselves. if we should get confused as to what that means then we have the 10 commandments, if were still not sure how deep that goes, the whole bible explains it with all the
subdivisions of that law.

lets start with the last 6-love for our fellowman.

Exo 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

is it now ok to dishonor our parents because we are no longer "under law"? or should we seek to honor them even more because we are now a child of God and want to glorify Him?

how about, Exo 20:13 Thou shalt not kill? Jesus said if we hate in our heart we have broken this commandment. is it now ok to act out our anger when it wasnt ok before Jesus death? wasnt Jesus death caused by anger and hatred which led the people to kill Jesus?

Exo 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery. is it now ok for you to have affairs? or is it now ok for your wife to have affairs?

Exo 20:15 Thou shalt not steal. can i now go take whatever i want from whoever i want?

Exo 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. can i now go about slandering whomever?

werent the 10 commandments meant to prevent this: Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and
to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

if i am stealing, killing and destroying my neighbor how is he going to have life and that more abundantly?

so, yes, my dear brother, i think the 10 commandments are still in effect. i think they are very good laws and see no reason why they should be nailed to the cross. if the united states decided to do away with all its laws that protect us i would run as fast as i could hoping i could get out before a person who is into murdering got me. as for my possessions im sure the thieves would have taken them the second the laws were repealed.

teresa

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: I have some questions [Re: James Saptenno] #116352
07/19/09 09:19 PM
07/19/09 09:19 PM
B
Bobryan  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2015
Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: Bobryan
I've some questions that needed to be clarified.

1. Is the "Lord's Day" in Rev. 1:10 refers to Sabbath day or to Sunday?

In His love

Sabbath - if you take it from Isaiah 58 or Mark 2:27-28.

However - there are "traditions" that have developed from supposed 2nd and 3rd century sources that apply it (in those later centuries) to Sunday.

So it depends on whether you want to rely on later century custom and tradition to answer the question - or the Word of God.

in Christ,

Bob

What you said is our SDA's view.

But non SDA's is holding this verse that Lord's Day is Sunday because it's original Greek version stated "kuriake hemera" that is accepted till today as Sunday.

So,according to them, we might change the the wording of the verse asf:

Rev. 1:10 - I was in the Spirit on Sunday, and I heard behind me a great voice like the calling of a war trumpet, .....

In His love

Then they have to wonder that KJV, NKJV, NASB, NIV, YLT etc Bible translaters do not leap off of that cliff with them and declare that the word used there is "Sunday".

Also as pointed out in Acts and in 1cor 16 where ALL agree that week-day-one is being identified - Kuriake is not used at all.

All Greek Lexicons agree - Kuriakos - "belonging to the Lord or related to the Lord ". It would be hard for them to argue that the reason all Greek Scholars agree on this is because they are all Seventh-day Adventists or that SDAs are the authors of all Greek Lexicons.

As Rosangela pointed out already - a late 6th century "custom" was to also label week-day-one with that term. But since John was not writing his letter in the 6th century A.D we don't bother with that point.

Did they ever come up with a response to this point?

in Christ,

Bob

Last edited by Bobryan; 07/19/09 09:20 PM.
Re: I have some questions [Re: James Saptenno] #116353
07/19/09 09:24 PM
07/19/09 09:24 PM
B
Bobryan  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2015
Georgia, USA
Matthew 12::5 - Or have you never read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple violate the sanctity of the Sabbath [breaking it] and yet are guiltless?

Here is one text that justify non SDA's to neglect Sabbath. This counter came from the same guy who brought the subject of "Kuriake hemera."

He said that because Christ (the Temple of God) is in him and he in Christ (the temple of God), breaking Sabbath is guiltless. He is just the same as those priests in the temple of God, breaking Sabbath but guiltless.

What is your answer?

In His love

In Galatians 4 Paul makes the argument that Christ was "born under the law" and kept the law perfectly.

In Matt 5 Christ stated "I did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill the law" thus He too claimed he would be keeping the Law perfectly.

There is no point in Christ's statement above where he argues that "I am teaching people to break the law just as I do for breaking the law is the perfect way to fulfill the law". Rather Christ argues that since the time of Moses at Sinai the priests were obligated to serve/minister before God on Sabbath and that it was part of their holy obligation on Sabbath. That was an OT age when even the most wildly speculative evangelical today would admit that the law of God was in full force. Christ argues that such godly service on Sabbath did not violate the intent on that day. He also argues that when he or his disciples do work on Sabbath in preaching the Gospel they too qualify just as priests before God since HE IS the Messiah.

Those who argue that Christ needed to come "teach us" how to break His Sabbath are not reading all the Bible that could be read on that point.

As it turns out - mankind has never needed "help" in finding ways to break the law of God. And that was not Christ's mission according to scripture.

in Christ,

Bob

Last edited by Bobryan; 07/19/09 09:27 PM.
Re: I have some questions [Re: teresaq] #116374
07/20/09 01:28 PM
07/20/09 01:28 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
James, what if Revelation 1:10 said, I was in the Spirit on Tuesday?

Would that change the meaning of the message? Would that make a difference?

Re: I have some questions [Re: kland] #116375
07/20/09 01:30 PM
07/20/09 01:30 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
James,

In looking back to where you asked the second question, I see where I messed up. Everyone continued talking about your first question and it wasn't until two pages later did someone respond to your second question. By that time.... the two became one in my mind.

Their real reason of neglecting Sabbath and accepting Sunday as the Day of the Lord is that Christ himself has made an end to the Torah by crucifiying the law to his cross. Crucifying the law means ALL laws, including the Ten Commandment, because according to them, there is no separation of the Law. Torah contains of 613 Mitzvoh and all has been nailed to the cross. They do not accept a separation of the Ten Commandments with other law of the Torah. As according to them, it is not biblical and there is no evidence.

This what I tried to explain to them and got a very hot argumentationa and counters. After using many verses from the bible (which I always can explain to them the true meaning or intention of those verses), it came to Rev. 1:10, which knock me off a little.

I will put some of these difficult replies from their side that was hard for me to reply.

In His love
what usually works for me is when i start asking them does that mean that it is now ok to steal, or to kill, etc. i have a "presentation". they usually get angry and do not reply. unfortunately it doesnt make them think.

James, it seems to me you have implied that the people you have been talking to have disagreed with the Bible (up to Rev 1:10), been difficult to reason with, argumentative, "hot". Teresa responds when she discusses similar things with others, they become angry.

As you have seen here, neither the Bible nor history supports Sunday being the Sabbath (Rev 1:10 included). Only late tradition. Why do you think people become unreasonable and angry when you suggest the Sabbath isn't Sunday?

What do you think is their motivation?

Re: I have some questions [Re: kland] #116381
07/20/09 02:00 PM
07/20/09 02:00 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
as for us "lawkeepers", actually were not. we break the law moment by moment, hourly and daily. by the law i mean the one written by Gods own finger.

no, brother, we are not under the law.

People who sin are “under the law”. We are under condemnation of law when we break the law. And, according to you, “we break the law moment by moment, hourly and daily”. According to your own testimony, therefore, we are “under the law” all the time. How, then, can you confidently say, “no, brother, we are not under the law”? Do you see the problem with your words?

i would like to ask you which of those 10 commandments are we free to disregard, now?

so, yes, my dear brother, i think the 10 commandments are still in effect.

Your testimony above seems to imply that we are free to break the law all the time, in spite of the fact the law is still very much in effect. If, as you say, we break the law all time, how can we be free to keep it? And, if we are not free to keep it, what difference does it make?

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #116393
07/20/09 03:58 PM
07/20/09 03:58 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
They do not accept a separation of the Ten Commandments with other law of the Torah. As according to them, it is not biblical and there is no evidence.

God's writing the Ten Commandments with His finger seems to be evidence.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #116396
07/20/09 05:49 PM
07/20/09 05:49 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man

no, brother, we are not under the law.

People who sin are “under the law”. We are under condemnation of law when we break the law. And, according to you, “we break the law moment by moment, hourly and daily”. According to your own testimony, therefore, we are “under the law” all the time. How, then, can you confidently say, “no, brother, we are not under the law”? Do you see the problem with your words?

i would like to ask you which of those 10 commandments are we free to disregard, now?

so, yes, my dear brother, i think the 10 commandments are still in effect.

Your testimony above seems to imply that we are free to break the law all the time, in spite of the fact the law is still very much in effect. If, as you say, we break the law all time, how can we be free to keep it? And, if we are not free to keep it, what difference does it make?
my brother if anyone is under any kind of illusion-delusion-that they do not sin they are in for a rude awakening when Christ returns. their estimation of the law and Christlikeness is very, very low.

aaron probably has a better understanding of what all the law and gospel entails than one who thinks they do not sin.
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

i know a man who honestly did not believe he sinned. everyone around him knew he had particular sins but he had blinded and deceived himself. i hope noone here has reached that state.

Page 11 of 39 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 38 39

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/19/24 01:25 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!