HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Daryl, Karen Y, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 2,978 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: What Denomination Do You Think The Early Believers Would Feel Most At Home In? [Re: Mountain Man] #117304
08/09/09 01:19 PM
08/09/09 01:19 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Thomas, it seems to me Jesus embraced those who embraced Him. Yes, some of them were grievous sinners, but while in His presence they did not practice their sins. IOW, He didn't hang out with them while they were practicing their sins. They hung out with Him on His terms.

Also, I think it is pretty clear that "the church" quotes posted above are referring to the SDA church exclusively. I don't think she had in mind other churches. I suppose this sounds like another eye sore, but I think it is clear she believed the "remnant" (Rev 12:17) applied to the SDA church in the same way Jesus believed "salvation is of the Jews". (John 4:22)

But if you read the entire thought to the finnish, you will find that "salvation is of the jews" is already a thing of the past..

21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

There was a time when salvation was of the jews, but now it is not so confined anymore.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: What Denomination Do You Think The Early Believers Would Feel Most At Home In? [Re: teresaq] #117390
08/10/09 03:15 PM
08/10/09 03:15 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: teresaq
M: Thomas, it seems to me Jesus embraced those who embraced Him. Yes, some of them were grievous sinners, but while in His presence they did not practice their sins. IOW, He didn't hang out with them while they were practicing their sins. They hung out with Him on His terms.

t: its going to be extremely difficult to find where people were not practicing their sins in Jesus presence.

actually it is extremely difficult to find a person past, living, or future, who has not/is not/will not practice sins in the presence of God.

the building of war implements with the resulting march on the new jerusalem will be "practiced" in the presence of God.

"Jesus embraced those who embraced Him." I wasn't talking about God being omnipresent and the fact no one can sin apart from His presence.

Re: What Denomination Do You Think The Early Believers Would Feel Most At Home In? [Re: vastergotland] #117391
08/10/09 03:24 PM
08/10/09 03:24 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: västergötland
Thomas, it seems to me Jesus embraced those who embraced Him. Yes, some of them were grievous sinners, but while in His presence they did not practice their sins. IOW, He didn't hang out with them while they were practicing their sins. They hung out with Him on His terms.

Also, I think it is pretty clear that "the church" quotes posted above are referring to the SDA church exclusively. I don't think she had in mind other churches. I suppose this sounds like another eye sore, but I think it is clear she believed the "remnant" (Rev 12:17) applied to the SDA church in the same way Jesus believed "salvation is of the Jews". (John 4:22)

But if you read the entire thought to the finnish, you will find that "salvation is of the jews" is already a thing of the past..

21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

There was a time when salvation was of the jews, but now it is not so confined anymore.

I think it is clear (in the quotes posted awhile ago) she believed the "remnant" (Rev 12:17) applied to the SDA church in the same way Jesus believed "salvation is of the Jews". (John 4:22) IOW, a complete knowledge of salvation is only available through the SDA Church in the same way it was only available through the Jews. Again, please keep in mind what I've said so many times before, namely, people can experience rebirth through the incomplete knowledge available in other Christian churches. Nevertheless, they cannot complete the process of converting to obeying and observing everything Jesus commanded through these churches. Why? Because their knowledge of everything Jesus commanded is either incorrect or incomplete.

Matthew
28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

Re: What Denomination Do You Think The Early Believers Would Feel Most At Home In? [Re: Mountain Man] #117405
08/10/09 05:55 PM
08/10/09 05:55 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Quote:
M: Thomas, it seems to me Jesus embraced those who embraced Him. Yes, some of them were grievous sinners, but while in His presence they did not practice their sins. IOW, He didn't hang out with them while they were practicing their sins. They hung out with Him on His terms.

Now when the Pharisee which had bidden Him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This Man, if He were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth Him; for she is a sinner." {ST, May 9, 1900 par. 5}... Reading Simon's thoughts, Christ answered them before he had spoken, thus showing that He was a prophet of prophets. "Simon," He said, "I have somewhat to say unto thee. . . . There was a certain creditor which had two debtors; the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty. And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most? Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And He said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged." {ST, May 9, 1900 par. 8}

This had led to questioning as to who should fill the highest offices. On Peter's return from the sea, the disciples told him of the Saviour's question, and at last one ventured to ask Jesus, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" {DA 435.1}

According to their custom, His disciples sat close about Him, and "there were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by, which were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judea, and Jerusalem." These had come as spies, seeking an accusation against Jesus. Outside of these officials thronged the promiscuous multitude, the eager, the reverent, the curious, and the unbelieving. ...{DA 267.5}...
They marked the interest with which all were watching the scene, and they felt a terrible fear of losing their own influence over the people. {DA 268.5}
These dignitaries did not exchange words together, but looking into one another's faces they read the same thought in each, that something must be done to arrest the tide of feeling. Jesus had declared that the sins of the paralytic were forgiven. The Pharisees caught at these words as blasphemy, and conceived that they could present this as a sin worthy of death. They said in their hearts, "He blasphemeth: who can forgive sins but One, even God?" Mark 2:7, R. V. {DA 269.1}
Fixing His glance upon them, beneath which they cowered, and drew back, Jesus said, "Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts? For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk? But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins," He said, turning to the paralytic, "Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house." {DA 269.2}

t: its going to be extremely difficult to find where people were not practicing their sins in Jesus presence.

"Jesus embraced those who embraced Him." I wasn't talking about God being omnipresent and the fact no one can sin apart from His presence.
i deleted my other two points so that it wouldnt be so confusing. and have reinstated the examples of the constant sinning in Christs presence. smile

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: What Denomination Do You Think The Early Believers Would Feel Most At Home In? [Re: vastergotland] #117413
08/10/09 08:50 PM
08/10/09 08:50 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Originally Posted By: Thomas
Originally Posted By: MM

I haven't been following thid thread, but it seems to me the concept of the remnant has nothing to do with salvation. It has to do with a message to the world.

Re: What Denomination Do You Think The Early Believers Would Feel Most At Home In? [Re: Rosangela] #117421
08/10/09 09:40 PM
08/10/09 09:40 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Originally Posted By: Thomas
Originally Posted By: MM

I haven't been following thid thread, but it seems to me the concept of the remnant has nothing to do with salvation. It has to do with a message to the world.
could you elaborate on that more. i didnt quite understand it.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: What Denomination Do You Think The Early Believers Would Feel Most At Home In? [Re: teresaq] #117479
08/11/09 01:03 PM
08/11/09 01:03 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Mike, We may have to agree on cordial disagreement here.

Rosangela, you should be telling that to Mike. Just refer to his post two posts before yours.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: What Denomination Do You Think The Early Believers Would Feel Most At Home In? [Re: teresaq] #117486
08/11/09 01:48 PM
08/11/09 01:48 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA

t: i deleted my other two points so that it wouldnt be so confusing. and have reinstated the examples of the constant sinning in Christs presence. smile

Are you talking about the same type of people I am? Please note that I am referring specifically to those who embraced Jesus. Are you saying Jesus hung out with them while they were in the throes of willfully practicing their grievous sins?

Re: What Denomination Do You Think The Early Believers Would Feel Most At Home In? [Re: Rosangela] #117488
08/11/09 02:22 PM
08/11/09 02:22 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
M: Also, I think it is pretty clear that "the church" quotes posted above are referring to the SDA church exclusively. I don't think she had in mind other churches. I suppose this sounds like another eye sore, but I think it is clear she believed the "remnant" (Rev 12:17) applied to the SDA church in the same way Jesus believed "salvation is of the Jews". (John 4:22)

V: There was a time when salvation was of the jews, but now it is not so confined anymore.

R: I haven't been following this thread, but it seems to me the concept of the remnant has nothing to do with salvation. It has to do with a message to the world.

Can we divorce the mission and message of the Remnant Church from salvation? I am using the word "salvation" in the same sense Jesus did - "Salvation is of the Jews". In other words, isn't it true that Jesus raised up the SDA Church to preach and proclaim the 3AMs? Who else did He commission to do it? And, doesn't the salvation of souls depend on their reception or rejection of the 3AMs during the final hours earth's history? Ellen White wrote:

"In a special sense Seventh-day Adventists have been set in the world as watchmen and light bearers. To them has been entrusted the last message of mercy for a perishing world. On them is shining wonderful light from the Word of God. {HP 314.2}

The whole world is to be stirred with enmity against Seventh-day Adventists, because they will not yield homage to the papacy, by honoring Sunday, the institution of this antichristian power. It is the purpose of Satan to cause them to be blotted from the earth, in order that his supremacy of the world may not be disputed. {TM 36.2}

If ever there was a time in the history of Seventh-day Adventists when they should arise and shine, it is now. No voice should be restrained from proclaiming the third angel's message. Let none, for fear of losing prestige with the world, obscure one ray of light coming from the Source of all light. {UL 171.2}

The Lord calls upon you, oh, church that has been blessed with the truth, to give a knowledge of this truth to those who know it not. From one end of the world to the other must the message of Christ's soon coming be proclaimed. The third angel's message--the last message of mercy to a perishing world --is so precious, so glorious. Let the truth go forth as a lamp that burneth. Mysteries into which angels desire to look, which prophets and kings and righteous men desired to know, the church of God is to make known. {MM 333.4}

When Christ entered the most holy place of the heavenly sanctuary to perform the closing work of the atonement, He committed to His servants the last message of mercy to be given to the world. Such is the warning of the third angel of Revelation 14. Immediately following its proclamation, the Son of man is seen by the prophet coming in glory to reap the harvest of the earth. {SR 379.1}

Had Adventists, after the great disappointment in 1844, held fast their faith and followed on unitedly in the opening providence of God, receiving the message of the third angel and in the power of the Holy Spirit proclaiming it to the world, they would have seen the salvation of God, the Lord would have wrought mightily with their efforts, the work would have been completed, and Christ would have come ere this to receive His people to their reward. {Ev 695.3}

While the work of salvation is closing, trouble will be coming on the earth, and the nations will be angry, yet held in check so as not to prevent the work of the third angel. At that time the "latter rain," or refreshing from the presence of the Lord, will come, to give power to the loud voice of the third angel, and prepare the saints to stand in the period when the seven last plagues shall be poured out. {Mar 259.1}

Re: What Denomination Do You Think The Early Believers Would Feel Most At Home In? [Re: vastergotland] #117490
08/11/09 02:27 PM
08/11/09 02:27 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: västergötland
Mike, We may have to agree on cordial disagreement here.

Okay. If Jesus' coming is really and truly nigh at hand, then we shall know soon enough if Seventh-day Adventists are God's chosen vessels to disseminate "the last message of mercy to a perishing world."

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!