HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,409 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Coffee, Caffeine #117523
08/11/09 10:15 PM
08/11/09 10:15 PM
S
Suzanne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2016

Dedicated Member
Calif. USA
Coffee, Caffeine

The Dangers of Coffee

by Dr. Wu Tao-Wei

Coffee is so much a part of the America "Way of Life" that few people can believe that it is actually an American "way of
Death". Or more precisely, it is an international speculator's
way of death since the coffee tree is not a native American bush and is solely an import-export product. At $6 billion dollars per year, it ranks only behind oil as an import item.

Those who have been addicted to drinking coffee know of the
pleasures that coffee can bring. That hot cup first thing in the morning gets the brain working, opens the eyes, invigorates the heart rate giving a euphoric, happy feeling, and coffee gets the bowels moving.

Those of us who have been addicted to drinking coffee know how we feel if we don't start the day with a cup (or five cups) of
coffee in the morning. Without our coffee, we feel grumpy and
short-tempered, we can't quite shake the sleep from our eyes,
sitting on the toilet takes forever, and we don't really feel
wide awake until nine of ten in the morning.

I got addicted to coffee because it was the beverage that all of my American co-workers drank, and so to be a part of the American morning breakfast ritual, I started drinking it, too. And so, I speak from experience. Being addicted to coffee, is no different than any other drug addiction. Just as a heroin or a morphine junky feels good when he's high and suffers when he can't get his fix, so too with the coffee addict. Even the withdrawal symptoms are similar: splitting headaches, heart palpitations, nausea, general malaise, joint and muscle aches, all lasting severaldays. These kinds of withdrawal symptoms are a result of a build-up of toxins in the body suddenly being released into the blood-stream. When you stop drinking coffee, these toxins are released, causing the above-mentioned feelings.

In future articles, I will explain the yin-yang balance of foods and beverages. But for now, all that you need to know about coffee (a dark, yin beverage) is that it is full of deadly poisons. This is no exageration! In fact, chemical analysis reveals that there are over 600 known toxins in a cup of coffee. Oh, they are in miniscule amounts, but they are a presence that your kidneys and liver must detoxify in order to purify your blood.

You see, when a coffee plantation grows their trees, they use a
variety of herbicides, fungicides, insecticides and synthetic
fertilizers some of which are banned in the United States because they are so toxic but which U.S. chemical manufacturers gladly sell to coffee growing nations since the health laws in those countries are so lax.

In addition, the coffee tree, itself, produces alkaloids and
caffeine. All of these poisons are absorbed by the coffee bean.
When the bean is roasted, the heat causes all of these poisonous chemicals to undergo chemical reaction which produces a stew of side reactions, by-products and recombinations of these poison molecules. Thus, over 600 varieties of deadly poisons are being
synthesized while you are standing in the coffee roasting company and inhaling the fragrance of hot coffee beans.

In the United States every year, are thousands of people whose
liver and kidneys fail. They must endure blood dialysis
treatments or they will die. They join long waiting lists to get expensive kidney and liver transplants. These treatments and transplants are a multi-billion dollar business. And coffee imports are a multi-billion dollar business. And so,
with so much money being made treating sick people and importing coffee, there is no reason for the physicians and bankers to announce the cause of kidney failure.

Caffeine depletes the body of calcium, so old people end up with brittle bones and hip fractures. High intake of caffeine produces symptoms such as anxiety neurosis, nervousness, irritability, tremulousness, occasional muscle twitchings, insomnia, sensory disturbances, tachypnea, heart palpitations,flushing, cardiac arrhythmias, and gastointestinal disturbances, panic attacks, chronic nervousness and irritability; digestive difficulties,
including heartburn, indigestion, and ulcers; fibrocystic breast lumps; migraine headaches; and low blood sugar. It can lead to increased risk of pancreatic and bladder cancers, and, as a heart stimulant, is linked to blood-pressure abnormalities and myocardial infarction, sleeplessness, irritability, anxiety, increased urination, stomach irritation, fibrocystic disease (benign growths) in the breast, and harm to a developing fetus.

In addition, caffeine is commonly added to various junk foods and colas, so even little children are subjected to this drug at an early age. And yet, the Medical Monopoly pretends with
hypocritical seriousness that they do not know the cause of such things as panic attacks and unruly children. The physicians claim that such children have some (fake) disease that they call "Attention Deficit Disorder" which calls for drugs from the Pharmacological Monopoly. Even though they know from their own research that caffeine has a direct irritant effect on nerves and burns up our precious supply of thiamine, or vitamin B1, the nutrient so necessary for tranquility; even though they know this, they sell you anti-depressants and other drugs, instead.

All of this is just from the caffeine alone without counting the effects in kidney, liver, digestive tract damage and cancer
promotion caused by the over 600 toxins found in a cup of coffee.

To stop drinking coffee is easy to do by switiching to tea. And
once you are confident that you can stay away from coffee, then
you can switch from caffeinated tea to herbal tea. It is up to
each person to take good care of yourself because no one can
manage your health better than yourself.

Proper health care requires accurate knowledge. But you cannot
expect accurate knowledge from those who make money from the
Peoples' ignorance and sickness. We did not get accurate
knowledge from the cigarette manufacturers. Instead, the people
were told lies and deceived on a grand scale. Neither can you
expect accurate knowledge from the coffee importers, bankers and physicians.

Since I stopped drinking coffee, now, when I open my eyes in the morning, I am awake and ready to start the day. I no longer
stumble around trying to wake up long enough to brew a pot of
poison. Herb tea is quite delicious. I grow my own in my garden. Sage tea and peppermint are my favorite. And if I don't drink any tea that day, I don't come down with the splitting migraines and the flu-like feeling of caffeine withdrawals. Really! Once you stop drinking coffee, you won't miss it even a little bit.

--------------------------------------------------------
Second Publication Rights Granted as long as
the following is credited:

First Published in the Chinese Swaztika Newsletter,
for free subscription send blank eMail to:
<chinswaz@bamboo-delight.com> --end of article

Comment: I ran across this article and thought it was worth presenting here.

Suzanne

Re: Coffee, Caffeine [Re: Suzanne] #117524
08/11/09 10:31 PM
08/11/09 10:31 PM
S
Suzanne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2016

Dedicated Member
Calif. USA
Caffeine Risk Study Urged

California--A state advisory board called for a study to determine if sodas and energy drinks containing caffeine pose a risk to pregnant women. The review could lead to warning labels on the drinks under Prop. 65, a 1986 ballot measure that requires the state to identify chemicals that could cause cancer or birth defects.

In arguing for the caffeine review, a board member cited dozens of scientific studies linking the stimulant to miscarriages, premature births and low birth weight. Unfortunately, the label requirement would not cover coffee and tea, which have much higher caffeine levels, because the stimulant occurs naturally in those beverages. Prop 65 only applies to chemicals that are added to foods or products.

The distinction drew criticism from the American Beverage Association, which said the coffee exemption would confuse consumers and unfairly penalize the soft drink industry. --Source: The Assocaited Press.

Comment: Coffee, of course is the major source of caffeine in the American diet. Indeed here is more information about the dangers of this chemical:

Several years ago researchers reported in a study of heart disease in approximately 2,000 Western electric employees in Chicago that the frequency of heart disease was positively and significantly related to the amount of coffee consumed. ("Study of Coronary Heart Disease," Circulation 28:20-31, 1963).

Later other researchers showed that coffee had the direct effect of altering the human glucose response curves so that individuals showed up as "more diabetic" after drinking coffee than before. (Lancet, 527-529, March 11, 1967).

Researchers also showed that coffee drinking increases the free fatty acid levels in the blood. (Metabolism 17: 702-708, 1968). Most are aware of the role that blood fats act in heart disease and other degenerative diseases. Indeed, it immediately becomes clear how coffee drinking can increase the incidence of heart problems.

And caffeine may also plaly a role in the production of cancer. Researchers have shown that caffeine causes chromatoid breakage in human cells, like the breakage that occurs when a person is exposed to radiation. Indeed, they estimate that one cup of coffee is equivalent to .01 roentgens of radiation exposure in the X band. It was noted that "there is a strong likelihood that caffeine may prove to be one of the most dangerous mutagens in man." ("Mutagenifc Action of Caffeine," Cancer Research 28:2375-2389, November 1968).

Comment: The warnings are clear. Indeed, we Seventh-day Adventist have the counsel of the Spirit of Prophecy, as well the scientific information as to the dangers of caffeine containing beverages.

Suzanne

Re: Coffee, Caffeine [Re: Suzanne] #117525
08/11/09 10:41 PM
08/11/09 10:41 PM
S
Suzanne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2016

Dedicated Member
Calif. USA
An article in the March 2003 issue of Prevention, gives several medically proven drugless ways to lower your blood pressure. One important point is to understand how coffee affects blood pressure.

Researachers at Duke University Medical Center found that caffeine consumption of 500 mg --roughly three 8-oz cups of coffee--increased blood pressure considerably and the effect lasted until bedtime. Caffeine can raise blood pressure by tightening blood vessels and by magnifying the effects of stress, according to Jim Lane, PhD, associate research professor at Duke and the lead author of the study. "When you're under stress, your heart starts pumpiong a lot more blood, boosting blood pressure," he warns. "And caffeine exaggerates that effect."

Suzanne

Re: Coffee, Caffeine [Re: Suzanne] #117527
08/11/09 10:52 PM
08/11/09 10:52 PM
S
Suzanne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2016

Dedicated Member
Calif. USA
Coffee and caffeine can cause many other health problems besides high blood pressure. Like most drugs, caffeine has many "side effects." My research has shown that it is a strong inducer of chromosomal damage which can cause birth defects in babies whose mother's indulge while pregnant. Other negative effects:

* Coffee consumption is assocaited with heart disease, pancreatic cancer and cystic breast disease.--Reversing Heart Disease, by Dean Ornish, MD.

* Long-term caffeine use--the amount in just a few cups of coffee per day--can boost blood pressure, heart rate and stress levels enough to increase the risk of heart disease, according to researchers at North Carolina's Duke University. --Psychom. Med. 60:327, 1998.

* James Balch, MD, writing in Prescription for Natural Healing, cautions that coffee robs the body of nutrients, including biotin, inositol, potassium, B-1, (thiamin), zinc and other B-vitamins. Interestingly the B-vits are involved in helping the hair maintain its natural color...University of Wisconsin scientists turned animal hair gray with large amounts of coffee.

* Other articles note that caffeine stimulates the ovaries to produce more estrogen and causes unnatural cellular growth and fluid accumulation. The result: breast cysts, menstrual cramps, PMS and water retention. Caffeine's cousin, the methylyanthines--are found in tea, some asthma and cold medications.

* Caffeine has a powerful pharmacological effect, stimulating the central nervous system. It has an addictive effect and many find that giving up coffee is harder than stopping smoking.

* Other Prevention, articles warn that coffee is a common culprit in many tinnitus patients (ringing in ears); can cause arrhythmia in upper chambers of the heart, can produce anxiety and stress, hand tremors, panic attacks, miscarriage, bladder cancer; can raise blood pressure as much as 10 points, etc. And like smoking caffeine stimulates adrenalin, which sensitizes to pain.

* More research in health journals show caffeine contributes to formation of fibrous tissue. Sugar and coffee kick the body into a stress response, resulting from a depletion of the B-vitamins. Caffeine is also a calcium foe, making it bad for the bones.

* Prevention, magazine warns that this substance is a surefire palpitation producer in some.

* An article in Let's Live, Oct. 1995, notes that caffeine in as little as 2 to 3 cups raises blood pressure. Giving up coffee could mean the difference between needing blood pressure medication and not needing it.

* And what about coffee drinking as an Alzheimer's preventative. Conside this: The U.S. is the leading consumer of coffee in the world--downing 400 million cups a day. At the same time the incidence of Alzheimer's Disease is increasing, affecting younger and younger folk. Go figure.

* Some are so sensitive that one cup of coffee in the morning can lead to a wakeful night.

* Let's Live, points out that there are over 1,000 chemicals identified in roasted coffee. Only 26 have been tested for carcinogenesis in rodents, but 19 turned out to cause cancer.

* And to cap it all off, Ellen White, writing in Counsels on Diet and Foods, p. 424 warns: "The continued use of these nerve irritants (tea and coffee) is followed by headache, wakefulness, palpitation of the heart, indigestion, trembling and many other evils, for they wear away the life forces. Tired nerves need rest and quiet instead of stimulation and overwork."

Comment: A word to the wise.

Suzanne

Re: Coffee, Caffeine [Re: Suzanne] #117609
08/13/09 06:54 AM
08/13/09 06:54 AM
C
crater  Offline
Veteran Member
United States
Seems like there is always some study coming out the telling us how wonderful coffee, tea, and chocolate are for us, with their high amounts of antioxidants.

As you indicated, there are studies showing "coffee drinking as an Alzheimer's preventative", but the studies don't mention the "side effects".

I have found coffee to have a diuretic effect on me.

Nothing beats water for a beverage.

Have you done any research on chocolate?

Last edited by crater; 08/13/09 06:54 AM.
Re: Coffee, Caffeine [Re: Suzanne] #117610
08/13/09 07:02 AM
08/13/09 07:02 AM
C
crater  Offline
Veteran Member
United States
Suzanne,

In the article by Dr. Wu Tao-Wei, did you include your experience with drinking coffee or was the author of the article telling theirs?

Re: Coffee, Caffeine [Re: crater] #117617
08/13/09 10:27 AM
08/13/09 10:27 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
In the first article, the author refered to yin/yang. In other threads any such links would have been seen as highly damaging to its credibility (see the music thread for instance). Is it a case of "I already agree with this so I can overlook the eastern religion connection"?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Coffee, Caffeine [Re: vastergotland] #117638
08/13/09 10:22 PM
08/13/09 10:22 PM
S
Suzanne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2016

Dedicated Member
Calif. USA
Crater, the article you referred to is by Dr. Wu Tao-Wei and gives his experience with coffee.

Vastergotland, I too, had reservations about the ying-yang statement but the article was so timely otherwise, I presented it anyway.

As a born and bred SDA, (from the "old school") I did not drink coffee until I was grown, where I succumbed to the temptation to do what everyone around me at work were doing. After indulging for a short period I gave it up and now enjoy my Postum and herb teas.

Suzanne

Re: Coffee, Caffeine [Re: Suzanne] #117639
08/13/09 10:51 PM
08/13/09 10:51 PM
S
Suzanne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2016

Dedicated Member
Calif. USA
Coffee: How to Quit

This information was posted some time ago on another forum by jps:

Quote:
"I used to be an extreme coffee drinker...1 pot of very dark coffee every day. I had tried to quit several times but got the kind of headaches you are talking about.

"One day I tuned in to 3-ABN on the web and the show about stopping smoking was on. For some reason I felt compelled to watch it even though I didn't/don't smoke. After a while he started talking about caffeine and its effect on the body....Most of this I already knew but chose to ignore...but when I heard it this time I decided to seek the Lord in giving me the strength to quit.

"For the next week I drank huge amounts of water as my only beverage...more than a gallon a day. In the morning I would have a couple of glasses of hot water and then tepid or cool water throughouit the day. That and prayer enabled me to get through it without one headache! An absolute miracle!

"If you are going to try it, I suggest loading up on lots of distilled water and drinking that if possible. If not distilled, make sure it's at least some form of purified water. To help with the constipation, eat lots of raw fiberous veggies and cut down on the starches and fats during the withdrawal time."

Suzanne

Re: Coffee, Caffeine [Re: Suzanne] #117640
08/13/09 11:03 PM
08/13/09 11:03 PM
S
Suzanne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2016

Dedicated Member
Calif. USA
Brothers and sisters, our health message is right on target. Here is more info re: coffee:

Caffeine and Ovarian Cancer

The International Journal of Cancer reported a correlation between ovarian cancer and daily caffeine intake. Researchers found that coffee and caffeine in general was linked to an increased risk of ovarian cancer in pre-menopausal women. This is not the first study to show the connection between regular coffee consumption and reproductive cancers.

Coffee increases estradiol levels and estrogen makes cells grow. Coffee contributes to other estrogen dominant conditions like endometriosis, uterine fibroids, lumpy breasts, heavy periods, and more. --The Woman's Word, Issue #1, June 2009.

Comment: Avoid coffee to fight estrogen dominance and pour yourself a cup of herb tea.

Suzanne

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!