HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,609
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, dedication, 2 invisible), 2,936 guests, and 16 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 39 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 38 39
Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #118274
08/27/09 09:18 PM
08/27/09 09:18 PM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
your questions, mm, are really statements of your beliefs presented as questions and therefore answerable only by you.

ellen white was quite clear in treating of the thief that he experienced deep repentance as did the publican and therefore was "justified".

since he didnt live to practice "sanctification" it seems rather impossible to discuss what applies to those who continue living with those who experience repentance then die soon afterward.

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #118291
08/28/09 01:45 AM
08/28/09 01:45 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
1) Do you believe the thief on the cross "attained" unto the experience, before he died, which everyone "must have" to be saved?

2)Do you think the following inspired insights [quoted above] describe his experience?

3)Or, do you think such a state can be attained only after years of hard work?

1)Yes

2)Yes -- He met Jesus fully and accepted him.
He was changed from a man reviling and cursing into a man bearing incredible pain with peace in his heart.
Yes, I believe his whole attitude to everything was changed their on the cross when accepted Jesus.

3) No -- at every point, when we claim Christ's merits, repented of sins, and are walking with Christ in humble obedience we are accounted righteous.

Sanctification being the work of a lifetime does not mean we need a long life to achieve sanctification, but that each day for the rest of our lives we are to walk with Christ as ones "set apart for holy purpose" -- sanctified by His grace.

Re: I have some questions [Re: dedication] #118303
08/28/09 02:53 PM
08/28/09 02:53 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Ded:Sanctification being the work of a lifetime does not mean we need a long life to achieve sanctification, but that each day for the rest of our lives we are to walk with Christ as ones "set apart for holy purpose" -- sanctified by His grace.

This is a nice way of putting this.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: I have some questions [Re: Tom] #118311
08/28/09 04:13 PM
08/28/09 04:13 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: teresaq
since he didnt live to practice "sanctification" it seems rather impossible to discuss what applies to those who continue living with those who experience repentance then die soon afterward.

There is a difference between our "title" to heaven and our "fitness" for heaven. The "must have" quotes I posted above refer to our title to heaven. And, yes, you're right our fitness for heaven is forever changing. However, it does not add to or take away from our title to heaven. Our title to heaven is forever unchanging. The thief was just as entitled to heaven as was Paul and for the same reasons. The fact Paul was more fit for heaven doesn't mean he was more entitled. Seasoned saints are not more righteous or less sinful than babes in Christ.

Everyone who enters heaven "must" be without spot or blame in the sight of sight. Not in the legal sense only, but also in the real sense. The difference between Paul and the thief has to do with depth and degree of righteousness, not with more or less sin. In other words, yes, Paul was more mature in the fruits of the Spirit than the thief, but this isn't saying the thief had unconquered sins he didn't have time to confess and crucify. He was just as sinless as Paul. The only difference between the two is how mature each will be on the day they are resurrected.

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #118312
08/28/09 04:17 PM
08/28/09 04:17 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Dedication
Sanctification being the work of a lifetime does not mean we need a long life to achieve sanctification, but that each day for the rest of our lives we are to walk with Christ as ones "set apart for holy purpose" -- sanctified by His grace.

I agree with Tom. Very nicely worded. I also agree with the answers you gave above to the three questions.

Re: I have some questions [Re: James Saptenno] #118360
08/29/09 03:11 PM
08/29/09 03:11 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: James Saptenno
Good point! But, in any case, if even we had prayed, but the answer is not as what we want, and Sabbath comes in between, what is your choice?? To stay and die or to save your life?

I asked this because, some times it happens when I must work on Sabbath, even though I had prayed that my work would not fall on Sabbath day. I could not leave my job, because it is an all important job and everybody is looking for me. In fact, the job could not started or running without my presents. So, i have a responsibility, obligation to people of some institutions gathering together at the location, people who are engaged in this job, everybody with their own job and responsibility.

I think, my case could be compared with those who must flight but Sabbath comes in between. What is my choice? I preffer to serve the Lord, but I could not deny my responsibility and obligation to my job and people who needs me.

And the reality I did so far, I do my job! Is God happy with this? If I deny my job and serve the Lord, I am sure that I will lost my job from this big client. This time, I don't dare to face such risk.

In His love

James,

Apparently Mrs. White ran into a case very much like yours (at least the part about the job falling on Sabbath). I just came across this story, and thought you might like to see it.
Originally Posted By: Ellen White
Another man and his wife was at the meeting at Napier. He had been in a responsible position, doing the highest duties as a police officer. He has been convicted and accepted the theory of the Sabbath; but his duties have to be done on Sabbath as on any other day, and arrests made. Now the inquiry is, What shall this man do? His wife is the main stay of the little flock at Palmerston. He attended the camp-meeting, and was deeply wrought upon. He is educated and of good intelligence: his library contains the best of histories and authors. But he was a card player and a gambler, and when his wife supposed herself well situated), she found herself and five children without shelter, her property gambled away, and her husbands bills flowing in from every quarter for settlement. He has left gambling, and given up drinking. He received as his wages $25.00 per week, but he has been reduced to $13.00 per week, and he has sent in his resignation because he cannot keep the Sabbath and hold his situation. He knows nothing of the horrors of debt. They have not known what economy is, and now this particular case is being closely watched by the world, to see what the truth will do for such a man. What can we do with him. The canvassing field is open to him, that is all the chance we can see. This and much more of the same order I might relate, has befouled this field. We are going to do what which heavenly wisdom will point out to do. This wisdom we must have or we can do nothing. {1888 1176.2}

I see the design of Satan is to put such apparent objections in the way that this field shall be left in his possession, and under his control. Now it must be taken from his hand. {1888 1177.1} [The Ellen G. White 1888 Materials (1987)]

Ellen White is here recommending that this man take up the work of selling our books. In other words, it is simply unacceptable to continue working on the Sabbath, even if debt may result due to loss of income. She puts the Sabbath on a higher priority than keeping one's job.

There are certain fields which enter the "ministry" category whose work must continue on the Sabbath. Mrs. White addresses these, and says the money collected from such work should be given to the Lord, for it is His day. This would include doctors, nurses, etc. who must continue to provide care for the sick. People may not choose to become ill on the Sabbath day--but if they are not well, there is no reason to make them suffer another day because you cannot help them on Sabbath. Jesus healed on the Sabbath day.

But other kinds of work such as ordinary business have no place in our duties or thoughts during the Sabbath day. Anything which can be arranged for another day, should be. Mrs. White even says that if it is not necessary to wash the dishes on the Sabbath (i.e. you have enough dishes to last three meals), they can be left to clean after the Sabbath has past!

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
Sabbath Dishes.-We would charge all not to wash their dishes on the Sabbath if this can possibly be avoided. God is dishonored by any unnecessary work done on His holy day. It is not inconsistent, but proper, that the dishes should be left unwashed till the close of the Sabbath, if this can be managed.--Letter 104, 1901. {3SM 258.4}

Many of us likely break the Sabbath out of ignorance of just how carefully God wants us to keep it. I include myself in that.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: I have some questions [Re: Green Cochoa] #118416
08/30/09 06:00 PM
08/30/09 06:00 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
GC, nice find.

Re: I have some questions [Re: teresaq] #118452
08/31/09 03:27 AM
08/31/09 03:27 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Originally Posted By: teresaq
your questions, mm, are really statements of your beliefs presented as questions and therefore answerable only by you.

ellen white was quite clear in treating of the thief that he experienced deep repentance as did the publican and therefore was "justified".

I agree with Teresaq, the thief was justified because of his faith without sanctification process.

His faith that saved him, as the bible said" For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith..... it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8.

That's what happened to the thieff, nothing more.

In His love

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #118456
08/31/09 03:44 AM
08/31/09 03:44 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Having a sinful flesh is not the reason we choose to sin, never, but if we sinned, it is because we have this sinful body, we ara slave to sin in our sinful body. Can you see the difference?

Are you saying we sin "because we have this sinful body" but "having a sinful flesh is not the reason we choose to sin"? Or, are you saying we sin because we are "a slave to [the] sin" that resides in our sinful body?

No! I disagree! It is a lie!

I take it you strongly disagree with the idea that we dethrone the Holy Spirit and revert back to the mind of the old man the moment we sin. I take it you also disagree with the idea that repentance gives the Holy Spirit the right to ascend the throne of our soul temple and resume empowering us from within to use our faculties of mind and body to be like Jesus.

When a believer is justified, he has piece with God, for he has a new mind (the mind of Christ) and a new heart, ready to learn the love of God, but still the same old sinful flesh.

The source of sin is no longer his mind, or his heart, but his sinful flesh. It is clear for me what Paul said in Roman 7. So, when we sinned, it is because we follow the desires of the flesh. Now, if you take out this sinful flesh (at Jesus 2nd coming) and transformed in to a new holy body, you have taken out the source of sinful desires.

Therefore, what is important in order to be saved, is keeping the mind of Christ and love your neighbors, waiting the time to be transformed in a holy body. if you sin from time to time, are you to be blamed? No! It is the sinful body to be blamed! Therefore, it must be changed. Otherwise, all those who could lead a sinless life in this sinful body don't need transformation. But there is no exception, ALL will be changed.

Sanctification is a lifetime process to bring dead the sinful desires with the mind of Christ, but the goal is not you must be perfect and sinless, the goal is you must have the love of God in your heart, the mind of Christ that lead your life till the end of your day. With this, you are ready to be transformed and FIT for heaven. Simple as that!

In fact, we are all saved by grace thorugh our faith in Christ, not because we are sinless and perfect.

If the goal is a sinless perfect life in order to be fit to enter heaven, i disagree!

And the thief on the cross had shown that as a proof, that the grace of God, theough his faith in Christ that made him FIT to enter heaven. And if one man had this priveledge, why not all of us?

In His love

Re: I have some questions [Re: James Saptenno] #118486
08/31/09 03:04 PM
08/31/09 03:04 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
James, I think you make some good points, but I'm troubled by the following:

Quote:
If you sin from time to time, are you to be blamed? No! It is the sinful body to be blamed!

To me, this seems to be a very dangerous position to take. To point out just one problem, doesn't this position imply that the sinful body is more powerful than the Holy Spirit? To put the question another way, isn't the Holy Spirit powerful enough to keep us from sinning, in spite of our having a sinful body?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Page 14 of 39 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 38 39

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!