HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,630
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (TheophilusOne, Karen Y, 1 invisible), 3,476 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: Suzanne] #119344
09/17/09 05:34 AM
09/17/09 05:34 AM
C
crater  Offline
Veteran Member
United States
Originally Posted By: Suzanne
Bless your heart, kland. What you say is so true. I'm so concerned for our people (SDAs) who seem for the most part to have abandoned the health message and are suffering the consequences.

Let us not be discouraged, though, but pray that the Lord will awaken us to the need to implement this message. Indeed, the "world" in many instances has been proclaiming the very message God gave us so many years ago. Indeed, He is raising up others to do what we should have been doing. Let us not be left behind as we meet the great challenge of implementing and proclaiming this wonderful message.

Suzanne
I am finding that "others" are taking over in the respect of a health message, and it appears to me that SDA's are being left behind.

There are young people that want to have good physical and spiritual health and are going raw vegan for "health, mental clarity, and spirituality,". What that " spirituality" is I'm not sure, but doesn't seem to be the "christianity" that I know. It seems to be mixed with mysiticism not sure what to call it? Here is just one example from a blog, Vegan Spirituality:
Quote:
Renewal
Today is a day of renewal, of rebirth, a day of new life.

It is a day of resurrection, the resurrection of the Spirit of man up to the mighty Godhead.

Jesus gave a lasting demonstration of this great possibility, the victory of over death, of good over evil, the great triumph of all that is glorious, all that is lasting, a great truth, the great possibility not open to one, some “one and only Son of God” but to all men and to all women, the birthright of every man, woman and child upon the Earth if they but reach up to it, yet reach inwards and grasp this eternal heritage.

Man was not born to die. If he does die, it is his own fault, it because he has broken the Law.

Jesus gave a living, practical demonstration of this, not as a one and only Son of God, but as a man, as a Master, a great Master of Yoga, as a great Mystic of the Occult Science.

Jesus was not the only one to do this, but His example of this great lasting truth is one of the most famous demonstrations of the great possibility for all to see, if they but look with their eyes and ponder, yet look with their Eye and know.

Today is a day of great joy.

Let all be blessed.

Peace

Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: Green Cochoa] #119345
09/17/09 05:47 AM
09/17/09 05:47 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
kland,

Regarding the issue of vaccinations, I also am against them. The pharmaceutical companies (i.e. "big pharma") stand to make a lot of money by lobbying lawmakers to enforce the use of vaccines. Their interest is plainly in their pockets, not in the public health. Thimerosol, a mercury-laced preservative in the vaccines, is pure poison. It is a true "drug" by Ellen White's definition. In her day, mercury was put into medicines which were administered orally (like calomel). Today, we just pump it straight into the bloodstream!

Here are some quotes from Mrs. White regarding the use of mercury--to which our own Adventist hospitals and medical schools seem oblivious.
Originally Posted By: Ellen White
The third case was again presented before me. It was that of the young man to whom was administered calomel. He was a great sufferer. His lips were dark and swollen. His gums were inflamed. His tongue was thick and swollen, and the saliva was running from his mouth in large quantities. The intelligent gentleman before mentioned looked sadly upon the sufferer, and said,-- {2SM 447.2}
"This is the influence of mercurial preparations. This young man had remaining, sufficient nervous energy, to commence a warfare upon this intruder, this drug-poison to attempt to expel it from the system. Many have not sufficient life-forces left to arouse to action, and nature is overpowered and ceases her efforts, and the victim dies." {2SM 447.3}

Note that today's "calomel" no longer contains mercury, but in her day, it did. Any good dictionary will likely reveal this. However, here it is in plain English from Webster's 1828 dictionary:
Originally Posted By: Webster's 1828 Dictionary
CALOMEL, n. A preparation of mercury, much used in medicine. It is called the submuriate or protochloride of mercury, and is prepared in various ways, by sublimation or precipitation, and also in the dry way. The following are the directions given in the last London Pharmacopoeia. Take of muriated quicksilver one pound, and of purified quicksilver, nine ounces; rub them together till the globules disappear; then sublime, and repeat the sublimation twice more successively.

With that definition in mind, let's look at some more statements:
Drugs.
806. This is the effect of calomel. . . . It frequently manifests itself in tumors, ulcers, and cancers, years after it has been introduced into the system.--H. to L., Chap. 3, p. 59. {HL 190.5}
807. The disease, which the drug was given to cure may disappear, but only to reappear in a new form, such as skin diseases, ulcers, painful, diseased joints, and sometimes in a more dangerous and deadly form.--H. to L., Chap. 3, p. 61. {HL 190.6}

"The physician's last resort was calomel. For some time she seemed to be between life and death. She was thrown into convulsions. As these most distressing spasms ceased, we were aroused to the painful fact that her intellect was weakened. She began slowly to improve, although still a great sufferer. Her limbs were crippled as the effect of the powerful poisons which she had taken. She lingered a few years a helpless, pitiful sufferer, and died in much agony."

My attention was then called to still another case. I was introduced into the sick room of a young man who was in a high fever. A physician was standing by the bedside of the sufferer with a portion of medicine taken from a vial upon which was written Calomel. He administered this chemical poison, and a change seemed to take place, but not for the better. {2SM 445.3}

The third case was again presented before me, that of the young man to whom had been administered calomel. He was a pitiful sufferer. His limbs were crippled, and he was greatly deformed. He stated that his sufferings were beyond description, and life was to him a great burden. The gentleman whom I have repeatedly mentioned, looked upon the sufferer with sadness and pity, and said,-- {2SM 449.2}
"This is the effect of calomel. It torments the system as long as there is a particle left in it. It ever lives, not losing its properties by its long stay in the living system. It inflames the joints, and often sends rottenness into the bones. It frequently manifests itself in tumors, ulcers, and cancers, years after it has been introduced into the system." {2SM 449.3}

And here is my personal favorite on this topic. I will highlight the more potent statements here, because they are of such a nature that our own medical schools stand condemned by them. How can we advocate vaccines when they contain so much mercury? How can we advocate amalgam tooth fillings, when they are more mercury than silver?

Mercury, calomel, and quinine have brought their amount of wretchedness, which the day of God alone will fully reveal. Preparations of mercury and calomel taken into the system ever retain their poisonous strength as long as there is a particle of it left in the system. These poisonous preparations have destroyed their millions, and left sufferers upon the earth to linger out a miserable existence. All are better off without these dangerous mixtures. Miserable sufferers, with disease in almost every form, mis-shapen by suffering, with dreadful ulcers, and pains in the bones, loss of teeth, loss of memory, and impaired sight, are to be seen almost every where. They are victims of poisonous preparations, which have been, in many cases, administered to cure some slight indisposition, which after a day or two of fasting would have disappeared without medicine. But poisonous mixtures, administered by physicians, have proved their ruin. {4aSG 139.2}
The endless variety of medicines in the market, the numerous advertisements of new drugs and mixtures, all of which, as they say, do wonderful cures, kill hundreds where they benefit one. Those who are sick are not patient. They will take the various medicines, some of which are very powerful, although they know nothing of the nature of the mixtures. All the medicines they take only make their recovery more hopeless. Yet they keep dosing, and continue to grow weaker, until they die. Some will have medicine at all events. Then let them take these hurtful mixtures and the various deadly poisons upon their own responsibility. God's servants should not administer medicines which they know will leave behind injurious effects upon the system, even if they do relieve present suffering. {4aSG 139.3}

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: Will] #119346
09/17/09 05:48 AM
09/17/09 05:48 AM
C
crater  Offline
Veteran Member
United States
Will, you might find these books interesting, since you have a young child.
Confessions of a Medical Heretic How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor. by M.D. Robert S. Mendelsohn

Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: Green Cochoa] #119348
09/17/09 08:10 AM
09/17/09 08:10 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Hi Crater,
Yes this is my first, and even though I would like to have more I don't think that will happen, well I am pretty sure it won't but who knows smile
When my son came into the world I was thinking he will be seeing Jesus Christ coming in the clouds of Glory. We are at the very end here.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: Will] #119349
09/17/09 08:14 AM
09/17/09 08:14 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Hi GreenCochoa,
Now that you mentioned it, the brain was the key body part that had to be kept from overheating, and when it overheats thats where the convulsions come in.
I don't think I would use aspirin to reduce a fever if its above 101, and water\ice seem to be much more appropriate and effective.
Thanks for the info.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: Will] #119350
09/17/09 08:16 AM
09/17/09 08:16 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
I will be placing an order for these two books Crater, I love reading about this stuff, Thanks!! I will also be preparing the baby food when he can eat, just using a blender really. There is a book on making baby food at home which is really interesting.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: Will] #119352
09/17/09 08:36 AM
09/17/09 08:36 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Ugh. I just saw our Dr. Handysides? on Hope Channel spouting big pharma's party line of "better get your flu shots each year," and he had the gall to advocate these more especially for those with asthma.

As King Solomon said...."the simple pass on and are punished."

Asthma is related to the body's toxic burden, including the mercury in those shots. Anyone who suffers from allergies and asthma would be far better off without those shots.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

EDIT: It may have been Dr. Landless. I'm only able to get the "dialup" quality of internet video stream which means I cannot make out the facial features well.

Last edited by Green Cochoa; 09/17/09 09:35 AM. Reason: Update

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: Green Cochoa] #119371
09/17/09 02:27 PM
09/17/09 02:27 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Yes, Will, there is a point at which it is appropriate to bring the fever down. Cold water is a harmless way of doing so, but putting a feverish child into ice water will seem like cruel treatment to the child.

As to ice water, I'm not a doctor, but I'll repeat what I heard. Take it with a grain of salt.
The water should be at first just a little cooler than the normal body temperature, and you can cool it further gradually. It seems that if the water is too cold to begin with, the initial reaction of the body is to raise its temperature in order to counter the external cold. Anyway, the contrast will be too great and this may cause a shock and be cruel. In the case of one of my friends, her child had a convulsion when placed in cold water. It may have been just a coincidence, but I think it's safer to cool the water gradually. I used to do this with my own son when he was a little child. And after the bath or shower, when the temperature had already dropped, I would use a cold wet towel around his abdomen with dry cloths or a woolen fabric over it to prevent the temperature from rising too much again.

Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: Rosangela] #119378
09/17/09 03:51 PM
09/17/09 03:51 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
I would agree with that, Rosangela. I didn't make it clear in my earlier post, but I probably wouldn't think of using ice unless the cold water had failed to bring the fever to a safe level, and the fever were going above 106. Hospitals might also be using ice by this point, in addition to drugs. However, it appears that the conventional wisdom may be shifting on this. I just read some very nice points regarding fever, apparently posts by medical folk, here:

http://allnurses.com/general-nursing-discussion/packing-child-ice-285582.html

On another note, for those who suffer with asthma, I have learned that when a child is suffering enough from an asthma attack as to be breathing retractively (quick, shallow breaths more like gasps, which are getting insufficient air), a sudden, "cruel" dip in cold/ice water can clear up the asthma and, at least for a time, open up the airways. The child, of course, will cry to be treated this way, but it's a good thing to keep in mind in the absence of more "comfortable" treatments (e.g. inhalers). The drugs in the inhalers have some distinct side effects which few people bother to focus on because, of course, the alternative to using them during a severe attack can be much worse.

Off-topic, but interesting: Here in Taiwan, they say that 90% of asthmatic children are allergic to dust mites. Stores here will sell things like mite-free pillowcases and bedding, etc. to help reduce the mite problem. I never remember hearing much about dust mites before coming to Taiwan. In America, we usually think of pollen and peanuts.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: Green Cochoa] #119382
09/17/09 05:12 PM
09/17/09 05:12 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Reading one of the articles indicated in that page, I saw you don't call it convulsions, but seizures.

Dust mites is the main asthma trigger here in Brazil. We never think of pollen here.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!