HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: Will] #119229
09/15/09 05:23 PM
09/15/09 05:23 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Will
Kland,
In order to be consistent, you should have included genetically modified vegetables which are in the food chain. Any reason you left those out?

I'm not sure why you would think genetically modified vegetables would not be included? If you think there should be an inclusive list, aren't there quite a few additional things you could have listed? I was trying to say that our health was being attacked from any and all angles as much as the Sabbath has been and will be. I'm sorry that wasn't clear. Thanks for pointing it out.

In fact, the genetically modified vegetables is very much related to the CDC experiments with attempting to create the swine flu and others as from my recombinomics reference, if you think through it.

Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: vastergotland] #119232
09/15/09 05:57 PM
09/15/09 05:57 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: västergötland

k: Do you eat meat?
v: the answer is: sometimes.
Why?

Quote:
Never is a very strong word to use. Perhaps this was true in Ellens day, maybe, but I do not think you could be both honest and informed and accept this as true today.
Maybe that's why.
You have decided Ellen White is irrelevant for today.

Quote:
If your child has a fever, do you give him/her an aspirin or do you stick to principle and refrain?
No.
Use of water works wonders. Aspirin masks the symptoms.
Though, I may consider giving him willow bark.

Quote:
If he/she is biten by a rattlesnake, do you take him/her to hospital to get an antivenom or do you stick to principle and do nothing while the poison does its work?
No.
Rattlesnakes rarely give a lethal dose. Usually they give what's called "dry bites". Injecting horse serum or what not only opens them up for much worse problems. A recombinomics reference seems fresh in my mind.
Charcoal works wonders.

Quote:
If your child gets a blood poisoning, do you take him/her to hospital where they will get an antibiotic or do you stick to principle and keep your child at home?

If it was a virus, antibiotics would do no good. Depending upon the circumstances, I may to help relieve the symptoms realizing it would not cure the problem. Of course, why did it occur in the first place? Maybe there is a bigger problem which should not have happened.

Quote:
If your child has a appendicitis, do you take him/her to hospital where different drugs will surely be part of the treatment or do you keep him/her at home waiting for come whatever may?

What do you recommend - remove a "useless" body organ? I wouldn't. Again, why the situation, and charcoal, hot and cold water treatments, various other natural treatments would work wonders.

Quote:
How strong are your principles?

Sounds like stronger than some. But all of what I've said sounds rather off the wall and foreign to you, doesn't it? You have discounted Ellen White and called her irrelevant for today. We are approaching things from two completely different perspectives. If you live like the Egyptians, you will suffer the diseases of the Egyptians. You can justify it all you want, and you can blame God for the results of the choices.

But, that doesn't change the cause and effect.

Obviously, what I say won't change your mind.

Best thing I can suggest is for you to do your own research. Find a scientific study (not to be confused with correlations) which determines the effectiveness of vaccinations. Not a news media piece, but one with materials, methods, procedure, results. Or, if you can't find one, consider how one would go about setting up such an experiment.

Your future health depends upon it.

Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: kland] #119235
09/15/09 06:21 PM
09/15/09 06:21 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: västergötland

k: Do you eat meat?
v: the answer is: sometimes.
Why?
Because finding both good and vegetarian food at restaurants may be quite a hassle.
Quote:

Quote:
Never is a very strong word to use. Perhaps this was true in Ellens day, maybe, but I do not think you could be both honest and informed and accept this as true today.
Maybe that's why.
You have decided Ellen White is irrelevant for today.
Now you are generalizing again. I only said that Ellens advice on this particular question is likely outdated. I said nothing about her work on other topics here.
Quote:

Quote:
If your child has a fever, do you give him/her an aspirin or do you stick to principle and refrain?
No.
Use of water works wonders. Aspirin masks the symptoms.
Though, I may consider giving him willow bark.
And why would you give him willow bark? The active substance is the same. Is there something about the methods of extracting it from the bark that makes it unacceptable to you? If it is merely a question of drugs, willow bark should be out of question aswell, if you are a purist in your antidrug principle.
Quote:

Quote:
If he/she is biten by a rattlesnake, do you take him/her to hospital to get an antivenom or do you stick to principle and do nothing while the poison does its work?
No.
Rattlesnakes rarely give a lethal dose. Usually they give what's called "dry bites". Injecting horse serum or what not only opens them up for much worse problems. A recombinomics reference seems fresh in my mind.
Charcoal works wonders.
What about other kinds of snakes, who dont bite for scare?
How would you apply charcoal? Poison injected through a snakebite would be expected to go into the bloodstream, while charcoal would stay on the skin or in the stumach. So I am interested in how it would work wonders for this particular malady?
Quote:

Quote:
If your child gets a blood poisoning, do you take him/her to hospital where they will get an antibiotic or do you stick to principle and keep your child at home?

If it was a virus, antibiotics would do no good. Depending upon the circumstances, I may to help relieve the symptoms realizing it would not cure the problem. Of course, why did it occur in the first place? Maybe there is a bigger problem which should not have happened.
One way of attracting blood poisoning is by getting deep wounds from rusty iron. For instance by stepping on a rusty spike.
Quote:

Quote:
If your child has a appendicitis, do you take him/her to hospital where different drugs will surely be part of the treatment or do you keep him/her at home waiting for come whatever may?

What do you recommend - remove a "useless" body organ? I wouldn't. Again, why the situation, and charcoal, hot and cold water treatments, various other natural treatments would work wonders.
The organ isn't useless, unless of course it bursts through the infection and kills you with intestinal fauna. Dead people have no use of organs. Would you take the risk?
Quote:

Quote:
How strong are your principles?

Sounds like stronger than some. But all of what I've said sounds rather off the wall and foreign to you, doesn't it? You have discounted Ellen White and called her irrelevant for today. We are approaching things from two completely different perspectives. If you live like the Egyptians, you will suffer the diseases of the Egyptians. You can justify it all you want, and you can blame God for the results of the choices.
Why would I blame God?
Quote:

But, that doesn't change the cause and effect.

Obviously, what I say won't change your mind.

Best thing I can suggest is for you to do your own research. Find a scientific study (not to be confused with correlations) which determines the effectiveness of vaccinations. Not a news media piece, but one with materials, methods, procedure, results. Or, if you can't find one, consider how one would go about setting up such an experiment.

Your future health depends upon it.
You make it sound like your choises above are supported by published scientific articles. But you have yet to refer to any such material. Why?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: vastergotland] #119248
09/15/09 09:42 PM
09/15/09 09:42 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Quote:
Now you are generalizing again. I only said that Ellens advice on this particular question is likely outdated. I said nothing about her work on other topics here.

Again?
Whether you are now generalizing or I am, I was referring to the topic you were. But, how do you decide which topic she is "right" on and which one she isn't?

When did her advice become outdated? When they shipped her off to Australia?

Quote:
You make it sound like your choises above are supported by published scientific articles. But you have yet to refer to any such material. Why?

If I am hearing you correctly, you are saying I cannot support my choice of the null hypothesis through published scientific articles?

Or are you merely saying that my choice to believe Ellen White is wrong?

Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: kland] #119251
09/15/09 11:51 PM
09/15/09 11:51 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada

I'm not sure why you would think genetically modified vegetables would not be included? If you think there should be an inclusive list, aren't there quite a few additional things you could have listed? I was trying to say that our health was being attacked from any and all angles as much as the Sabbath has been and will be. I'm sorry that wasn't clear. Thanks for pointing it out.

In fact, the genetically modified vegetables is very much related to the CDC experiments with attempting to create the swine flu and others as from my recombinomics reference, if you think through it.

Because your premise is based largely on meat eating, junk food is thrown in there and refined sugars, but how many SDA's are aware of GMO found in cereals, baking materials, vegetables, beverages etc.
Its like trying to lead someone into an ambush. I agree about the ills of vaccination, and fortunately youc an choose to do what you want.
The reason you don't hear many SDA's talking about GMO foods is cause there is no one educating on the ills of it. Of course you see soy laden foods at potluck, and plastic storage containers which are hormone disruptor's i.e. leaks estrogen into the male body.

It comes off as not being honest the way you presented your topic.
God Bless,
-Will

Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: kland] #119269
09/16/09 04:09 AM
09/16/09 04:09 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Quote:

Again?
Whether you are now generalizing or I am, I was referring to the topic you were. But, how do you decide which topic she is "right" on and which one she isn't?
When the world which she was commenting on is no longer comparable with the one we live in now. Drugs used 200 years ago share little resemblence with the ones used today. For instance, today we require that they do not cause the things which she spoke against.
Quote:

When did her advice become outdated? When they shipped her off to Australia?

Quote:

If I am hearing you correctly, you are saying I cannot support my choice of the null hypothesis through published scientific articles?

Or are you merely saying that my choice to believe Ellen White is wrong?
I am merely asking why you have not done so already? Considering your claim to be able to do it.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: Will] #119270
09/16/09 04:12 AM
09/16/09 04:12 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden

Because your premise is based largely on meat eating, junk food is thrown in there and refined sugars, but how many SDA's are aware of GMO found in cereals, baking materials, vegetables, beverages etc.
Its like trying to lead someone into an ambush. I agree about the ills of vaccination, and fortunately youc an choose to do what you want.
The reason you don't hear many SDA's talking about GMO foods is cause there is no one educating on the ills of it. Of course you see soy laden foods at potluck, and plastic storage containers which are hormone disruptor's i.e. leaks estrogen into the male body.

God Bless,
-Will
Am interested in reading support for this claim aswell.

Galatians 2

Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: vastergotland] #119280
09/16/09 07:05 AM
09/16/09 07:05 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Here are a couple:
Plastic

BPA

God Bless,
Will

Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: Will] #119283
09/16/09 11:31 AM
09/16/09 11:31 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden

Galatians 2

Re: Your health is under attack! [Re: Will] #119284
09/16/09 11:46 AM
09/16/09 11:46 AM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

God Bless,
-Will

Sorry, I must not have been clear. My premise was that our health was under attack. In any and all directions. I don't see how you can say, "based largely on meat eating" with other items thrown in. I only mentioned meat once. I did mention vaccines many times. If you had said, based largely against vaccinations, I would agree.

Do you eat meat?

I had thought GMOs were well known. But then, maybe you could say that is my premise, that if we are still doing the things we have been told not to do for over 100 years, how can we be aware of current things that are causing problems? I noticed you did not mention microwaving food. Especially with plastic. Would that give me a right to call you dishonest?

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!