HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,062 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 39 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 38 39
Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #122019
12/04/09 03:38 AM
12/04/09 03:38 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
MM, regarding #122015, I don't see that you answered my question, which is, "Did he lose his salvation when he lost his temper and struck the rock? What's your answer? Is it 'yes'?" Please answer the question "yes" or "no," and then explain your answer.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: I have some questions [Re: Tom] #122020
12/04/09 04:32 AM
12/04/09 04:32 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Originally Posted By: Tom
Originally Posted By: James Saptenno
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
[quote=James Saptenno]We may sinned, we may fall from time to time, but as long as we repent and ask God forgiveness, he would forgive us, and we are still a just and righteous person.

If we fall into sin, do you think we are still "just and righteous" before we repent, before God forgives us?

Of course when we sinned we are no longer righteous. The moment we repent and ask God forgiveness, when he forgives, we are just and righteous again. And how many times a day we pray asking God forgiveness whether we sinned or not? I my self at least 5 x a day.

In His love

Is this like a yo-yo? Sin and no longer righteous = not saved. Repent = forgiven = saved again? This happens at least 5 times a day, being in and out of salvation?

[/quote]

It become a yo-yo when as MM said, our salvation is like a on/off switch. But I don't feel my salvation is like a yo-yo or an on/off switch, because, I have anchored my faith in Christ and ask his forgiveness more than one time a day whether I sinned or not, thus, salvation for me is a fix and concrete thing. Anyway we are saved by the grace of God through faith. Which tome means:
1. An Objective truth, that Christ had saved me through his redemption death, that gives life to sinners
2. A subjective truth, that salvation is secured as long we anchored our faith in Christ.

"But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him. But we are not those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who BELIEVE AND ARE SAVED. - Hebrews 10:38, 39.

In His love

Re: I have some questions [Re: James Saptenno] #122021
12/04/09 04:34 AM
12/04/09 04:34 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
James, I'm asking this because you wrote, "Of course when we sinned we are no longer righteous. The moment we repent and ask God forgiveness, when he forgives, we are just and righteous again."

If we're not righteous the moment we sin, then how can we be saved? That would mean that one is saved, but not righteous. Is that what you mean to say?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: I have some questions [Re: Tom] #122031
12/04/09 03:46 PM
12/04/09 03:46 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
MM, regarding #122015, I don't see that you answered my question, which is, "Did he lose his salvation when he lost his temper and struck the rock? What's your answer? Is it 'yes'?" Please answer the question "yes" or "no," and then explain your answer.

It depends on the person. Judas sinned and was not saved. King Saul sinned and was not saved. And the list goes on. However, Moses sinned and was saved. King David sinned and was saved. And the list goes on. So, what makes the difference? Sinning is sinning, so there's no difference on that account. "All have sinned." And the wages of sin is damnation and death not pardon and salvation.

I believe the difference has to do with the person who sins. If it is in their heart to repent the moment they sin, if it is their habit to repent the moment they sin, then it stands to reason they do not forfeit their salvation when they sin. Technically, I suppose, they are lost while in the throes of sinning, but in practicality they are saved since inevitably they will repent. The same thing applies if they should die while in the throes of sinning.

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #122039
12/04/09 07:47 PM
12/04/09 07:47 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
If this is your view, then I'm confused for, according to this view, a comparison of salvation with a light switch does not make sense. It didn't work like a light switch for Moses, and it doesn't work like that for other sincere Christians.

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #122043
12/05/09 12:36 AM
12/05/09 12:36 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas

It depends on the person. Judas sinned and was not saved. King Saul sinned and was not saved. And the list goes on. However, Moses sinned and was saved. King David sinned and was saved. And the list goes on. So, what makes the difference? Sinning is sinning, so there's no difference on that account. "All have sinned." And the wages of sin is damnation and death not pardon and salvation.

I believe the difference has to do with the person who sins. If it is in their heart to repent the moment they sin, if it is their habit to repent the moment they sin, then it stands to reason they do not forfeit their salvation when they sin. Technically, I suppose, they are lost while in the throes of sinning, but in practicality they are saved since inevitably they will repent. The same thing applies if they should die while in the throes of sinning.

Let me try asking the question another way. Had Moses hit the rock, and died, before having a chance to repent, would have he have been lost? I'm guessing you would say, no, he would have been lost, because God knew that had he lived, he would have repented. Is this right? If so, then doesn't it follow that Moses did not lose his salvation?

Re: I have some questions [Re: Tom] #122051
12/05/09 01:46 AM
12/05/09 01:46 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom and Rosangela, salvation is based on two things, namely, the imputed and imparted righteousness of Jesus. Sinning cancels the privileges of salvation. Experiencing the gift of repentance restores it. In the same way sinning would have disqualified Jesus, so too, sinning disqualifies us. Moses sinned and died in a save state because he repented.

Had he refused to repent he would have died lost. But it was his custom to repent. Had he died in the throes of sinning, I have no doubt God would have imputed repentance. "Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin." (Rom 4:7, 8) "All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death." (1 John 5:17)

“All that man can do without Christ is polluted with selfishness and sin; but that which is wrought through faith is acceptable to God. {FW 94.1} “While good works will not save even one soul, yet it is impossible for even one soul to be saved without good works. {FW 111.1} “Our good works alone will not save any of us, but we cannot be saved without good works. {AG 309.3}

“Faith and works go together, believing and doing are blended. The Lord requires no less of the soul now, than He required of Adam in Paradise before he fell -- perfect obedience, unblemished righteousness. {1SM 373.1} “Those who profess great faith, yet have not works, will not be saved by their faith. {2T 657.2}

“All who are saved must fight manfully as soldiers of Jesus Christ; then they will be registered in heaven's books as true and faithful. They are to work the works of Jesus Christ, fight the good fight of faith. {UL 377.6} “Keeping the commandments of God requires of us good works, self-denial, self-sacrifice, and devotion for the good of others, not that our good works alone can save us, but that we surely cannot be saved without good works. {TMK 334.3}

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #122052
12/05/09 01:56 AM
12/05/09 01:56 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
“All that man can do without Christ is polluted with selfishness and sin; but that which is wrought through faith is acceptable to God. {FW 94.1}

"Nothing less than repentance, confession, and forsaking of sin is acceptable to God. {1T 536.2}

"Only the service that is performed in sincerity, with a humble, contrite heart, is acceptable to God. {UL 73.5}

"We need to realize the necessity of exercising that faith which is acceptable to God -- the faith which works by love and purifies the soul. {UL 75.3}

"The root must be holy, else there can be no sound, healthy fruit, which alone is acceptable to God. The heart must be converted and consecrated. The motives must be right. {7T 248.3}

"In order to serve Him aright, we must be born of the divine Spirit. This will purify the heart and renew the mind, giving us a new capacity for knowing and loving God. It will give us a willing obedience to all His requirements. This is true worship. It is the fruit of the working of the Holy Spirit. By the Spirit every sincere prayer is indited, and such prayer is acceptable to God. {DA 189.2}

PS - Some say all such fruit bearing is unacceptable to God. The evidence suggests otherwise.

Re: I have some questions [Re: Tom] #122072
12/06/09 10:18 AM
12/06/09 10:18 AM
J
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
James, I'm asking this because you wrote, "Of course when we sinned we are no longer righteous. The moment we repent and ask God forgiveness, when he forgives, we are just and righteous again."

If we're not righteous the moment we sin, then how can we be saved? That would mean that one is saved, but not righteous. Is that what you mean to say?

When we sinned we are no longer a righteous person, the wage of sin is death, we deserve to die, but Christ has died for us in order we may live. He had saved us unto eternal life, it is only a question of: could we maintain this salvation in our life? How? Through faith!

Does a person lost his salvation the moment he sinned? I think, NO! He is not lost yet, TILL the time God closed "the door of mercy" for him. Until then, he was still safe but not righteous, he becomes righteous again the moment he repent!!

In His love

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #122073
12/06/09 10:24 AM
12/06/09 10:24 AM
J
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia

I believe the difference has to do with the person who sins. If it is in their heart to repent the moment they sin, [i]if it is their habit to repent the moment they sin,[/i] then it stands to reason they do not forfeit their salvation when they sin. Technically, I suppose, they are lost while in the throes of sinning, but in practicality they are saved since inevitably they will repent. The same thing applies if they should die while in the throes of sinning.

How could a person repent the MOMENT he sinned? I never hear such thing!! He may repent but at least some minutes later, or maybe hour or days...

In His love

Page 21 of 39 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 38 39

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!