HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,628
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,109 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 39 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 38 39
Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #122077
12/06/09 03:46 PM
12/06/09 03:46 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Tom and Rosangela, salvation is based on two things, namely, the imputed and imparted righteousness of Jesus. Sinning cancels the privileges of salvation. Experiencing the gift of repentance restores it. In the same way sinning would have disqualified Jesus, so too, sinning disqualifies us. Moses sinned and died in a save state because he repented.

Had he refused to repent he would have died lost. But it was his custom to repent. Had he died in the throes of sinning, I have no doubt God would have imputed repentance. "Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin." (Rom 4:7, 8) "All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death." (1 John 5:17)

“All that man can do without Christ is polluted with selfishness and sin; but that which is wrought through faith is acceptable to God. {FW 94.1} “While good works will not save even one soul, yet it is impossible for even one soul to be saved without good works. {FW 111.1} “Our good works alone will not save any of us, but we cannot be saved without good works. {AG 309.3}

“Faith and works go together, believing and doing are blended. The Lord requires no less of the soul now, than He required of Adam in Paradise before he fell -- perfect obedience, unblemished righteousness. {1SM 373.1} “Those who profess great faith, yet have not works, will not be saved by their faith. {2T 657.2}

“All who are saved must fight manfully as soldiers of Jesus Christ; then they will be registered in heaven's books as true and faithful. They are to work the works of Jesus Christ, fight the good fight of faith. {UL 377.6} “Keeping the commandments of God requires of us good works, self-denial, self-sacrifice, and devotion for the good of others, not that our good works alone can save us, but that we surely cannot be saved without good works. {TMK 334.3}

If God would have imputed repentance to Moses, then he didn't lose his salvation when he sinned. It seems to be clear this is what you believe. I don't understand your reticence in answering my question "No, Moses did not lose his salvation."

Just to be clear, this *is* what you believe, isn't it? Moses did not lose his salvation when he sinned.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: I have some questions [Re: Tom] #122078
12/06/09 03:48 PM
12/06/09 03:48 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Regarding how a person is saved, the clearest explanation I've seen of this, from the SOP, is the following:

Quote:
How, then, are we to be saved? "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness," so the Son of man has been lifted up, and everyone who has been deceived and bitten by the serpent may look and live. "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." John 1:29. The light shining from the cross reveals the love of God. His love is drawing us to Himself. If we do not resist this drawing, we shall be led to the foot of the cross in repentance for the sins that have crucified the Saviour. Then the Spirit of God through faith produces a new life in the soul. The thoughts and desires are brought into obedience to the will of Christ. The heart, the mind, are created anew in the image of Him who works in us to subdue all things to Himself. Then the law of God is written in the mind and heart, and we can say with Christ, "I delight to do Thy will, O my God." Ps. 40:8. (DA 175.5)

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: I have some questions [Re: Tom] #122085
12/07/09 03:30 AM
12/07/09 03:30 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
We only lost our salvation at the day when our "door of mercy" is closed, while we are still a sinner. But when it closes while we are a righteous man, then we have succeeded in maintaining our salvation.

Anyway, Christ had saved us till eternal life in heaven and the new world, his work was complete and perfect. Nothing else could be added to what he has done for men, as a perfect free gift. The matter is only: Can we maintain this free gift in our possession till the end of our day or the end of time? How to maintain it? Through faith in Jesus Christ!

And during that time in our daily life, when we sinned, we are not lost, but we are not righteous anymore, till the time we repent and ask God forgiveness. The process of sanctification of a believer since the day he was made new, is not a perfect sinless life all the time, but a life that was messed with sins, some times very cruel sins. But he was not lost, not yet, only until the day God closed "the door of mercy" for him.

At least this is what I believe.

In His love

Re: I have some questions [Re: James Saptenno] #122106
12/08/09 09:53 AM
12/08/09 09:53 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Any comment MM of my idea? Are we still in disagreement about salvation as an on/off switch? How about you Tom?

In His love

Re: I have some questions [Re: James Saptenno] #122108
12/08/09 04:01 PM
12/08/09 04:01 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
James, I disagree that one can be simultaneously saved but not righteous. However, I agree with you that salvation is not like a yo-yo, or an on-off switch.

Re: I have some questions [Re: James Saptenno] #122188
12/13/09 10:32 PM
12/13/09 10:32 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: James Saptenno
M: Judas sinned and was not saved. King Saul sinned and was not saved. And the list goes on. However, Moses sinned and was saved. King David sinned and was saved. And the list goes on. So, what makes the difference? Sinning is sinning, so there's no difference on that account. "All have sinned." And the wages of sin is damnation and death not pardon and salvation.

I believe the difference has to do with the person who sins. If it is in their heart to repent the moment they sin, if it is their habit to repent the moment they sin, then it stands to reason they do not forfeit their salvation when they sin. Technically, I suppose, they are lost while in the throes of sinning, but in practicality they are saved since inevitably they will repent. The same thing applies if they should die while in the throes of sinning.

J: How could a person repent the MOMENT he sinned? I never hear such thing!! He may repent but at least some minutes later, or maybe hour or days.

Technically they repent a second after they sin. But anyone who waits minutes or hours or days to repent must explain to God why they waited, why they didn't repent immediately.

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #122189
12/13/09 10:35 PM
12/13/09 10:35 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
If God would have imputed repentance to Moses, then he didn't lose his salvation when he sinned. It seems to be clear this is what you believe. I don't understand your reticence in answering my question "No, Moses did not lose his salvation." Just to be clear, this *is* what you believe, isn't it? Moses did not lose his salvation when he sinned.

Moses didn't lose his salvation because he repented. Had he not repented he would have been lost.

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #122190
12/13/09 10:46 PM
12/13/09 10:46 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: James Saptenno
Are we still in disagreement about salvation as an on/off switch?

You wrote, "We only lost our salvation at the day when our 'door of mercy' is closed, while we are still a sinner." I believe we can shut the "door of mercy" before we die or before probation closes for mankind. In this sense, we turn off the switch.

You also wrote, "And during that time in our daily life, when we sinned, we are not lost, but we are not righteous anymore, till the time we repent and ask God forgiveness." How can we be saved and unrighteous at the same time?

Re: I have some questions [Re: Mountain Man] #122211
12/14/09 10:41 PM
12/14/09 10:41 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
T:If God would have imputed repentance to Moses, then he didn't lose his salvation when he sinned. It seems to be clear this is what you believe. I don't understand your reticence in answering my question "No, Moses did not lose his salvation." Just to be clear, this *is* what you believe, isn't it? Moses did not lose his salvation when he sinned.

M:Moses didn't lose his salvation because he repented. Had he not repented he would have been lost.

What I was asking is if Moses was lost *before* he repented. I was very clear about this. Before Moses repented, he hadn't repented, so you can't say he wasn't lost because he repented, because he hadn't. It sounded to me like you were saying earlier that God imputed repentance to Moses. Isn't this what you said? If this is the case, then Moses didn't lost his salvation, but not because he had repented, since he hadn't.

Re: I have some questions [Re: Tom] #122223
12/15/09 03:26 AM
12/15/09 03:26 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I don't believe God imputed repentance in Moses' case. I believe Moses was repentant the instant he sinned.

Page 22 of 39 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 38 39

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!