HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,630
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (TheophilusOne, Karen Y, 1 invisible), 3,476 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: THE NEW AMALGAMATION [Re: Elle] #122860
01/12/10 10:18 PM
01/12/10 10:18 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Elle
BTW. I never thought of this until I looked at this text yesterday. To me this is not a salvation issue and I'm not going to make a big fuss about this nor worth while to repeat this. However, if you go by what Gen 6 says, to me this kind of thinking goes with the context, makes sence and has more Biblical support the idea that their was an amalgamation between fallen angels and man.

Elle, according to Genesis 6, who did wrong, who was being "punished"?

Re: THE NEW AMALGAMATION [Re: kland] #122861
01/12/10 10:58 PM
01/12/10 10:58 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Of course they can mate. But, are they fertile like some mules?
Or keeping in mind that some places outlaw owning crosses of bobcats and cats.
Would by any chance you be starting to define what a "species" is?

Zonkey, Zorses, and Mules, Ligers and Tigons and Wolphins.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/aid/v3/n1/zonkeys-ligers-wholphins

Here's an interesting Zorse photo:
http://www.dailycognition.com/index.php/2007/06/28/a-zebra-horse-hybrid-comes-to-life.html

Re: THE NEW AMALGAMATION [Re: kland] #122873
01/13/10 08:34 AM
01/13/10 08:34 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: Elle
BTW. I never thought of this until I looked at this text yesterday. To me this is not a salvation issue and I'm not going to make a big fuss about this nor worth while to repeat this. However, if you go by what Gen 6 says, to me this kind of thinking goes with the context, makes sence and has more Biblical support the idea that their was an amalgamation between fallen angels and man.

Elle, according to Genesis 6, who did wrong, who was being "punished"?

Hi Kland, I'm surprise you formulated the question as "who was being "punished""? Maybe that's why you put it in quotes right? smile
However, for the sake of the discussion, I think that's a good question.
Quote:
And GOD saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually." Gen 6:5

First we see what concerns God -- It is the level of wickedness. I think this is the main issue of the destruction and even I would suggest that it was what caused the expanse above the earth to break.

There's many things in the world of science we do not understand despite our high technology. I saw a creationist/scientist video explaining that the expanse of water above the earth was condensed and compacted water molecules. Today in the lab, they can condense water molecules under high pressure that becomes hard like steel. This creationist scientist went on to explain that the water from the flood came from this steel shield (expanse of compacted water) which was broken and released.

Broken by what? He explained that it could of came from the intensity of the combined wicked spirit which was no longer in harmony with the heavenly spirit that was on the outside of the shield, which caused a clash. I don't know physic enough to know what two opposite forces can do, but this creationist said that it weakened the shield over time.

Quote:
"In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened." Gen 7:11

"The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained;" Gen 8:2

Take note that there was also "the fountain of the great deep" that broke off. According to the order these are mentioned, it's very possible that the fountain of the great deep broke off first. This Creationist mentions something about under the crust of the earth there was an abondance of water type of system which differs from todays. It's been almost 15 years since I've saw his video tape; so forgive me for not remembering all the details.

However, he explained that because of the force of wicked spirit that first weakened the shield(expanse) and somehow caused these fountains to brake, and then the fountains shoot with great force up and broke the shield which at the impact caused the decompaction of the water molecules of the shield.

I haven't looked into this much beside verify that it is true that water can be compacted into metal like form. However, this showed me that there's much that man today don't understand. Most people today assume that it is God that caused the flood and destroy man and all animals; however, how do we base this conclusion? With what we know of today? Naaaw! I rather stick believing what Jesus manifested about the Father's character when he offered to Judas to drink the wine at the last supper. God does not punish -- he forgaved the whole world.

Quote:
it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart." Gen 6:6

And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them." Gen 6:7

Does God need to repent? This word here and most of the time employed in referring to God, means "a deep breath" or a "Sigh". Why is God sighing? Because he knows we are but dust : very influenceable and vulnerable to outside forces which includes evil spirit. I don't see that the Bible says in any way their was any blame pointed on anyone and they needed to be punished, but just telling what happened and a big "SIGH" from the Creator. Then we see our wonderful Creator taking full responsibility of what is happening, by saying "I will destroy...". All over the Bible this is depicted when other verses says the other side of the story. Our God is great and took full responsibility because he is the Creator and ultimatly is responsible for everything by creating us and the angels as free chosing being.

What do we know about the world of the Angels? Not very much as the Bible doesn't say much and it's focuss is for the salvation of man. We know that man was made a little lower than the angels. Maybe we are very similar in kin? What do we know about the creation of the angels? Maybe God used the same method of creation, making 1 male and 1 female, and having them populate the heavens? Is that too far fetch of a thought? Isn't that His way for man to populate the earth? And the same for the animals? Maybe the offsprings of angels and man would be sterile like a mule. Anyway, we just don't know much.

To get back to your question, I see that the Bible focuss on man and it relates that the problem was that the wickedness of man has reached the maximum level that caused many problems including the increased violence within the animals. Negative thoughts within our very own body, destroys our very own cells. However, our thoughts has not reached that level of wickedness yet. Imagine the possible effect if every man on earth having continually wicked thoughts, what would be the possible effect on the behavior of the animals?

I believe the flood was a consequential result of the level of wickedness reached by all men, and the vulnerable state the earth was at that time -- fresh from creation with a shield covering it. Probably, Satan knew about this also and it was his tentative to destroy all mankind with the flood. However, the ark was built to save one family and animals from every specie to restart the earth population. The flood was not an act of destruction of God, but rather God forsaw what was coming and saved what He could save.

Who knows, that maybe after the flood, Satan and the angels lost some priviledges and couldn't anymore co-habit (or whatever they might been able to do) with men anymore. God couldn't remove all priviledges from the evil angels right away and we see in the Bible as the Great controversy unfolds, the evil angels increasingly looses their priviledges and right now they are not allow to presents themselves in heaven and are no longer visible on earth. They have been put in the bottomless pit under key. Rev 12:7-9 However, they will be allow to come out again and be visible amoungst us. Rev 9:1,2,3,11

Blessings
Re: THE NEW AMALGAMATION [Re: Elle] #122874
01/13/10 11:02 AM
01/13/10 11:02 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Elle,

Jesus told us we will be as the angels in Heaven, i.e. without marriage. Ellen White has told us Jesus' statement on this is too clear to be misunderstood. She also tells us in clear terms that the "sons of God" who married the "daughters of men" referred to the sons of Seth marrying the daughters of Cain.

To me it is clear. There is no need to be questioning these points.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: THE NEW AMALGAMATION [Re: Green Cochoa] #122876
01/13/10 02:53 PM
01/13/10 02:53 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Jesus told us we will be as the angels in Heaven, i.e. without marriage. Ellen White has told us Jesus' statement on this is too clear to be misunderstood. She also tells us in clear terms that the "sons of God" who married the "daughters of men" referred to the sons of Seth marrying the daughters of Cain. To me it is clear. There is no need to be questioning these points.

This type of approach in understanding Scriptures makes us good Mormons as they put Smith( and who ever is their current prophets at the time) interpretations and writings above scriptures.

They slack in studying themselves and not seeking to be taught by God 1Jn2:27; this brings us one step away from being a good catholic. Relying on "what others says" is great training to get round up by the beast of Rev 13, in accepting whatever the pope says.

With all respect, we need to be able to prove our beliefs with scriptures.

Blessings
Re: THE NEW AMALGAMATION [Re: Elle] #122878
01/13/10 03:33 PM
01/13/10 03:33 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Yes, Elle, everything I quoted there was from inspiration. Jesus is the one who said that angels do not marry. So that statement does not come from "others" but from the Source of truth.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: THE NEW AMALGAMATION [Re: Green Cochoa] #122879
01/13/10 03:57 PM
01/13/10 03:57 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Yes, Elle, everything I quoted there was from inspiration. Jesus is the one who said that angels do not marry. So that statement does not come from "others" but from the Source of truth.

Scriptures needs to be read with the Spirit of God. How did you read those Scriptures Green? Are you sure it is really that what Jesus was saying? How do you read the following?
Quote:
"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: " Mt 5:27

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Mt 5:28

"And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not [that] thy whole body should be cast into hell." Mt 5:29

Do you still have both eyes Green? I haven't met one man that did what Jesus said here. Why is so?

Blessings
Re: THE NEW AMALGAMATION [Re: Elle] #122883
01/13/10 05:39 PM
01/13/10 05:39 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Elle, maybe I wasn't clear or specific enough.
According to Genesis 6, most specifically, the first few verses regarding man and "angels",
who did wrong, who was being "punished"?

Re: THE NEW AMALGAMATION [Re: kland] #122884
01/13/10 05:52 PM
01/13/10 05:52 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Elle, maybe I wasn't clear or specific enough.
According to Genesis 6, most specifically, the first few verses regarding man and "angels",
who did wrong, who was being "punished"?
I know kland my answer was too long, but I did answer your question. I said that there wasn't any finger pointing, but just a telling of what happened and God is very concern with the level of wickedness in ALL men. And that God takes full responsibility despite that He was not the cause of all this.

Now, you tell me who you think did wrong and who was being "punished"?

Blessings
Re: THE NEW AMALGAMATION [Re: Elle] #122887
01/13/10 08:44 PM
01/13/10 08:44 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Did these "angels" do anything wrong?

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!