HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,617
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Kevin H, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,329 guests, and 23 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 76 of 105 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 104 105
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #122671
01/07/10 12:37 AM
01/07/10 12:37 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Tom
According to GC 543, the lost receive what they voluntarily choose. They are not forced to receive something contrary to their will. They do not wish to spend eternity with God, or those who love Him and His principles.

Tom,

The chapter in the Great Controversy to which you are referring here is significant: "The First Great Deception."

You see, the wicked have been deceived. They still think they would like to go to Heaven. They definitely desire to live forever (who doesn't?). But they are not fit for it, and learn this too late.

Tom, how many of the wicked do you think choose to be left out of Heaven ("voluntary with themselves") during their probationary time here on earth--i.e. before their probation has closed? My answer would be "none of them." But if that is true, does it not seem a bit "unfair" for God to spring upon them the results of their choice by surprise?

When they come with "weeping, and wailing, and gnashing of teeth," saying "Lord, Lord!" and trying to defend themselves (vainly), do you really think that they are wanting and choosing to be lost?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Green Cochoa] #122672
01/07/10 02:02 AM
01/07/10 02:02 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
GC, if the lost were taken to heaven now, they wouldn't want any part of it. Death doesn't change the character. They make the same choice then that they would make now.

God doesn't force the will. God does not force them to do something they do not want to do.

The weeping and gnashing of teeth refers to their realizing that they do not have characters that would allow them to be happy in heaven. They would like to be happy in heaven, and live forever with God, if they could, as there is a part of them which realizes this is what they were created for.

Kevin H. had a post which I copied on this thread awhile back. I don't know if you read it or not, but he explained this concept eloquently.

A key factor to understanding the judgment, as well as the Great Controversy, the atonement, the interpretation of Scripture, and what God is trying to do now during the time of the Day of Atonement is the character of sin. Sin is deadly. God warns us of its deadly effects, not wanting to see us suffer. If suffering only came about because of an arbitrary action on God's part, that would go to show that the problem of sin is not organic to sin, but is simply due to results imposed by God.

The point of DA 764 is that it is sin that is the problem. Sin inevitably results in suffering and death. Thus when people choose sin, they choose suffering and death. Not because God makes those who choose these things suffer and die, but because the principle of sin, which is anti-agape, can do no other but cause suffering and death.

Sin is bad.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #122673
01/07/10 02:31 AM
01/07/10 02:31 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: GC
Of course God allows that which He does.

I didn't say this. I said, "He accepts responsibility for all that happens in His universe. This is why God is often portrayed as doing that which He permits." Do you see the difference?

Quote:
If I am driving down the road, and a friend or family member feels I do not know the way, and thinks to know the way better than I do, I may choose to allow them to test their own judgment, by turning the way they desire to go. I am permitting them to see the results of their course. I am, however, the one at the controls.

God is permitting the destruction of the wicked in the same manner. He is permitting them to have the results of their course, while actively granting them those results Himself.

I agree with this analogy, although the "actively granting them those results Himself" seems a bit unclear. In your analogy, you're allowing a friend drive the car. You're not doing anything arbitrary to punish them if they make a wrong choice. You're actively granting them the results of their choice by letting them drive the car. This fits with what God does. He lets us drive the car.

God grants people the ability to make their own choices, and allows them to experience the result of the choices they've made. This is DA 764.

You missed my point. I must not have been clear. In the above analogy, I never leave the driver's seat. I am turning the wheel in the way the "backseat driver" is wishing to go--that they may see the results of their choice.

The equivalent comparison is that of God giving the Israelites quail. It was a sinful desire on their part to crave flesh foods. However, God gave them this desire. It was not by merely "permitting" them to eat meat. There was no meat anywhere nearby--and in this case, even Moses doubted that God would be able to find meat for the people. This is significant, because it shows exactly where the meat came from--that it was not by God merely stepping back and "allowing" the meat to come, as if it were by "nature running its course." Nay, but God actively gave them their request, in sending them the quail in such quantities that hundreds of thousands of people could eat the quail for an entire month.

But, Tom, perhaps you have not been aware of the lead-up to this story. Mrs. White gives some precious details to this, and how God was punishing the people who complained.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
Says the psalmist: "They tempted God in their heart by asking meat for their lust. Yea, they spake against God; they said, Can God furnish a table in the wilderness? Behold, He smote the rock, that the waters gushed out, and the streams overflowed; can He give bread also? can He provide flesh for His people? Therefore the Lord heard this, and was wroth." Psalm 78:18-21. Murmuring and tumults had been frequent during the journey from the Red Sea to Sinai, but in pity for their ignorance and blindness God had not then visited the sin with judgments. But since that time He had revealed Himself to them at Horeb. They had received great light, as they had been witnesses to the majesty, the power, and the mercy of God; and their unbelief and discontent incurred the greater guilt. Furthermore, they had covenanted to accept Jehovah as their king and to obey His authority. Their murmuring was now rebellion, and as such it must receive prompt and signal punishment, if Israel was to be preserved from anarchy and ruin. "The fire of Jehovah burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp." The most guilty of the complainers were slain by lightning from the cloud. {PP 379.1}
The people in terror besought Moses to entreat the Lord for them. He did so, and the fire was quenched. In memory of this judgment he called the name of the place Taberah, "a burning." {PP 379.2}

In another passage, Mrs. White clarifies how the people suffered for their sin.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
This murmuring soon infected nearly the whole body of the people. At first, God did not gratify their lustful appetites, but caused his judgments to come upon them, and consumed the most guilty by lightning from heaven. Yet this, instead of humbling them, seemed only to increase their murmurings. When Moses heard the people weeping in the door of their tents, and complaining throughout their families, he was displeased. He presented before the Lord the difficulties of his situation, the unsubmissive spirit of the Israelites, and the position in which God had placed him to the people, that of a nursing father, who should make the sufferings of the people his own. He inquired of the Lord how he could bear this great burden of continually witnessing the disobedience of Israel, and hearing their murmurings against his commands, and against God himself. He declared before the Lord that he would rather die than to see Israel, by their perverseness, drawing down judgments upon themselves, while the enemies of God were rejoicing in their destruction. In his distress he said, I am not able to bear all this responsibility alone, because it is too heavy for me. {1SP 282.1}
The Lord directed Moses to gather before him seventy of the elders, whom he knew to be the elders of the people. They were not only to be those advanced in years, but men of dignity, sound judgment, and experience, who were qualified to be judges, or officers. "And bring them unto the tabernacle of the congregation, that they may stand there with thee. And I will come down and talk with thee there; and I will take of the Spirit which is upon thee, and will put it upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with thee, that thou bear it not thyself alone. And say thou unto the people, Sanctify yourselves against tomorrow, and ye shall eat flesh; for ye have wept in the ears of the Lord, saying, Who shall give us flesh to eat? for it was well with us in Egypt; therefore the Lord will give you flesh, and ye shall eat. Ye shall not eat one day, nor two days, nor five days, neither ten days, nor twenty days; but even a whole month, until it come out at your nostrils, and it be loathsome unto you; because that ye have despised the Lord which is among you, and have wept before him, saying, Why came we forth out of Egypt? And Moses said, The people, among whom I am, are six hundred thousand footmen; and thou hast said, I will give them flesh, that they may eat a whole month. Shall the flocks and the herds be slain for them, to suffice them? or shall all the fish or the sea be gathered together for them, to suffice them? And the Lord said unto Moses, Is the Lord's hand waxed short? Thou shalt see now whether my word shall come to pass unto thee or not." {1SP 282.2}
Moses himself showed a manifest distrust of the power of God, for which the Lord rebuked him. By this question of the Lord to Moses, he was made to understand that nothing was impossible with the great Ruler of the universe. He reproved Moses for his forgetfulness of his miracles. He who could divide the Red Sea, and bind the waters, so that they were like a wall on either side of Israel as they passed through on dry land, and could rain them bread from heaven, and bring them water out of the flinty rock, could provide meat to supply the host of Israel. {1SP 283.1}
"And there went forth a wind from the Lord, and brought quails from the sea, and let them fall by the camp, as it were a day's journey on this side, and as it were a day's journey on the other side, round about the camp, and as it were two cubits high upon the face of the earth. And the people stood up all that day, and all that night, and all the next day, and they gathered the quails; he that gathered least gathered ten homers; and they spread them all abroad for themselves round about the camp. And while the flesh was yet between their teeth, ere it was chewed, the wrath of the Lord was kindled against the people, and the Lord smote the people with a very great plague." {1SP 284.1}
In this instance the Lord gave the people that which was not for their best good, because they would have it. They would not submit to receive from the Lord only those things which would prove for their good. They gave themselves up to seditious murmurings against Moses, and against the Lord, because they did not receive those things which would prove an injury to them. Their depraved appetites controlled them, and God gave them flesh-meats, as they desired, and let them suffer the results of gratifying their lustful appetites. Burning fevers cut down very large numbers of the people. Those who had been the most guilty in their murmurings, were slain as soon as they tasted the meat for which they had lusted. If they had submitted to have the Lord select their food for them, and had been thankful, and satisfied with food of which they could eat freely without injury, they would not have lost the favor of God, and then been punished for their rebellious murmurings, by great numbers of them being slain. {1SP 284.2}

Note several things from the above:

1) God provided the quails by a manifest miracle, and so great was this miracle (read: so far from possible by natural means), that Moses himself doubted how God would do it.
2) Before coming down to this level, God had killed the worst offenders Himself, by lightning from the cloud. This lightning cannot have been a result of merely withdrawing His protection. Had He withdrawn, the cloud would not have been there--for that cloud was His presence. In the case of Miriam's leprosy--that cloud did withdraw. Further, Satan could not be said to have cast out bolts of lightning from the very presence of God, unless we are forced to accept that Satan is God's imp and servant (which of course is wholly untrue and a great perversion of truth).
3) Natural plagues take down anyone in their path. They don't just select the worst sinners. Furthermore, if the plague came from eating the flesh, how can the disease grow to have almost instant fever and death--killing some of the Israelites before they had even swallowed? "Those who had been the most guilty in their murmurings, were slain as soon as they tasted the meat for which they had lusted." Diseases require an incubation period before onset of symptoms. Ellen White says that on the diet of manna, they were free of disease, healthy and strong. So we know that God did not feed them diseased manna for this to have already been in their system. Even acute septicemia and botulism require hours before the onset of symptoms--and, for this to have happened by "natural causes," it had to come from the mere "taste" of the quail.
4) Note the word usage here of "slain." This is not the same as "died." Slain is used when they have been killed by other than natural causes. It is synonymous to "murder", except it is broadened to include acts of justice and war. Goliath was "slain" by David. Goliath did not die of natural causes.

God takes full responsibility for having slain certain of the Israelites, who had kindled "the wrath of the Lord."

Tom, do you really think God needs you to defend His actions? Do you think God sinned if He killed people? If not, why can He not do this? How is it against the principles of God's government to protect the righteous from the wicked?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Green Cochoa] #122674
01/07/10 03:42 AM
01/07/10 03:42 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
In your analogy, you're in the front seat driving the car, and the people choose where to go. You drive them there, even if they choose to go to a destination that you know is wrong. This analogy fits with my perception of reality. God permits us to go places (or helps us get there, if you wish to make that point) even though He knows the destination is not one we should choose. Up to here this makes sense.

Then it seems your saying what happens is after you get to the wrong destination, you take out a machine gun and kill your friend or family member. If this was your plan, why didn't you just do that in the first place? Why wait until your friend or family member gets to the wrong destination?

(In case the reasoning here isn't clear, you seem to be making the point that God killed the Israelites that ate the meat. This is analogous to your killing your friend or family member after getting to the wrong destination; wrong destination = the sending and eating of the quail.)

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #122676
01/07/10 05:29 AM
01/07/10 05:29 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
In your analogy, you're in the front seat driving the car, and the people choose where to go. You drive them there, even if they choose to go to a destination that you know is wrong. This analogy fits with my perception of reality. God permits us to go places (or helps us get there, if you wish to make that point) even though He knows the destination is not one we should choose. Up to here this makes sense.

Then it seems your saying what happens is after you get to the wrong destination, you take out a machine gun and kill your friend or family member. If this was your plan, why didn't you just do that in the first place? Why wait until your friend or family member gets to the wrong destination?

(In case the reasoning here isn't clear, you seem to be making the point that God killed the Israelites that ate the meat. This is analogous to your killing your friend or family member after getting to the wrong destination; wrong destination = the sending and eating of the quail.)

You've distorted what I wrote.

Furthermore, instead of waiting until the affected member of the mixed multitude got to a "destination," the Bible and Ellen White have both told us that God killed those who were complaining. If you read the quotes I posted, God was striking them with lightning before they ate the meat--just for complaining.

Tom, even if you paint a picture of God's withdrawing His protection, instead of killing them Himself (which is clear from the quotes), it seems rather harsh to withdraw protection for a few complaints, doesn't it? I mean, whatever happened to "freedom of speech?" Tom, you can't dodge the facts forever. God has killed people. God will again do this. Hell will be the last stand for the wicked. God's side will be victorious. That will end the controversy forever. The weapons of the wicked will be no match for God's weapon--Eternal Fire.

Instead of discussing ad infinitum whether or not God will do what He has said He will do, we should be discussing a bigger question: "Why?" If you knew the answer to the "why" question, this question of whether or not God will destroy the lost would be settled.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Green Cochoa] #122679
01/07/10 02:20 PM
01/07/10 02:20 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Ok, let's leave aside the killing-them-for-complaining question for a moment, as this doesn't correspond to the driving analogy. Let's consider the driving analogy.

1.You drive the car.
2.Your friend or family member wants to go to a wrong destination.
3.You oblige them.

This corresponds to:

1.God is taking care of the Israelites
2.They want meat.
3.He gives them quail.

In addition, in your view:

4.After giving them quail, God kills them.

This would correspond to, in the driving analogy:

4.After getting to the wrong destination, you kill your friend or family member.

I'm puzzled as to why you would think this is distorting what you wrote. Clearly this is being true to your analogy.

I'll consider the quail issue separately.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #122680
01/07/10 02:25 PM
01/07/10 02:25 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Satan, the author of disease and misery, will approach God's people where he can have the greatest success. He has controlled the appetite in a great measure from the time of his successful experiment with Eve, in leading her to eat the forbidden fruit. He came with his temptations first to the mixed multitude, the believing Egyptians, and stirred them up to seditious murmurings. They would not be content with the healthful food which God had provided for them. Their depraved appetites craved a greater variety, especially flesh-meats.(1SP 281)

Who is the author of disease and misery? God? No! Satan.

It makes no sense at all that God would:

1.Prefer that the people eat good food rather than the bad food their depraved appetites desired.
2.Give them the food they wanted.
3.And then arbitrarily send fevers upon them to kill them for eating the bad food.

First of all, God isn't the author of misery and disease. Satan is. Satan does these things. Not God. God may permit these things to happen, but God did and does the things that Jesus Christ did, because when we've seen Jesus Christ, we've seen the Father. Jesus Christ did and said the things He saw God doing. He acted and spoke no differently than God.

Secondly, if the fevers that came upon the people (I'll continue the thought in a moment; let me quote the passage)

Quote:
Their depraved appetites controlled them, and God gave them flesh-meats, as they desired, and let them suffer the results of gratifying their lustful appetites. Burning fevers cut down very large numbers of the people. (ibid)

If the burning fevers came as a result of an arbitrary action on God's part, this would do nothing to show that the foods they desired were unhealthful. It makes no sense to suggest that God would allow the people to choose to eat what they wanted, to choose unhealthful food, and then kill them arbitrarily when they make that choice, as this would not show a link between eating unhealthful food and suffering the natural consequences of eating unhealthfully.

The next sentence says:

Quote:
Those who had been the most guilty in their murmurings, were slain as soon as they tasted the meat for which they had lusted.

Your idea is that people wouldn't die this quickly, so God must have killed them. This shows you believe God to be capable of this illogical and uncharacteristic behavior. But this is not according to God's character, but Satan's. Satan is the destroyer. He is the author of sin and all its results.

Quote:
Satan, the author of sin and all its results, had led men to look upon disease and death as proceeding from God,--as punishment arbitrarily inflicted on account of sin.(DA 471)

This is precisely what you're suggesting, as I understand what you wrote, that God caused the diseases and death that came upon the people as a result of their sin. This is just what Satan is trying to lead men to believe, that their disease and death proceeded from God, arbitrarily inflicted upon them on account of sin.

God wants us not to sin because the *sin* is harmful. Not because He is.

If the reason the people got sick and died is because of an arbitrary action God took, then:

1.This has God acting precisely as Satan wants men to think he acts.
2.This makes not the unhealthful food responsible for their bad health, but God.

How can God make the point that the food is unhealthful is He arbitrarily kills people who eat unhealthy food? All this would accomplish would be to make people terrified of God. And hate Him.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #122688
01/07/10 05:18 PM
01/07/10 05:18 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Kland
Saying punishment, retribution, vengeance is not quite what most people would say is a "result". Wouldn't you say those terms have a negative connotation? By the way, how is punishment different than discipline? I don't recall seeing an answer to that from before. I think of punishment as a means of correction. I think of retribution and vengeance as acts for self satisfaction. It wouldn't seem logical for a self-sacrificing God to do something like that.

Capital punishment is the result of murder. Discipline is designed to eliminate bad behavior. Punishment is designed to eliminate bad people. Retribution and vengeance are aspects of justice. Revenge is evil and self-serving.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #122689
01/07/10 05:19 PM
01/07/10 05:19 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Tom,

There were some among the Israelites which did die of a plague, likely a disease of some sort brought on by their consumption of the quail. I do not deny that this plague may have been authored by Satan, and certainly, he delighted in the deaths of the Israelites. However, this does bring up a question: Why would God provide "Trojan horses" to his people? (In other words, it seems that God, the author of perfection, would have provided pure, undiseased quail, just as Jesus provided pure, unfermented wine at the wedding.)

Regardless of your answer on that, there were a separate class of the murmurers who died, according to the record, as soon as they had but tasted the meat. Tell me: do you know of any single substance that would kill you the moment you tasted it?

Perhaps my earlier analogy of God being at the controls, like driving a car, falls short, because it does not address itself to this issue. What is the issue here? The issue is not the murmurers. It is the preservation of the remnant. God must destroy those who would tempt His true people, in order to protect them. If we were to use the car analogy, we would have to convert it to a bus, in which many people were riding, and the driver seeing, via his rearview mirror, a passenger in the back of the bus pull out a switchblade and shout out some threats to the others, then suddenly go on the rampage. The driver then pulls out his weapon and, for the safety and protection of the passengers, eliminates the threat of the one who sought their destruction.

You see, Tom, you have focused so much on pleading the cause of the wicked, that you have adopted much of Satan's cry of "foul!" God has the best interests of His own people at heart in doing the unpleasant duties, the "unnatural acts," which He does. It is more similar to a thief breaking into one's home, and going into the children's room to rape, plunder, steal and kill. Would you, as the man of the house, just let the thief do what he wanted? Would you betray the trust of those innocent children, while letting the robber have his way? Or would you pull out your weapon, and preserve their lives in the only way possible? That is God's position. Satan does not play fair. Satan provokes God to these actions, and then cries foul. But God must set limits. Satan does not like the limits. But this does not mean the limits are actually unfair, as Satan claims. On the contrary, they are the best, most-loving, and wisest boundaries which can possibly be set, for God knows and reads the hearts. He knows what the future ramifications of each action will be. The course which He steers is that with the best possible outcome, the least fatalities. Some must die. God Himself must act. Praise the Lord we have a loving God who is both capable and willing to defend His people!

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #122691
01/07/10 05:31 PM
01/07/10 05:31 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
GC: If I am driving down the road, and a friend or family member feels I do not know the way, and thinks to know the way better than I do, I may choose to allow them to test their own judgment, by turning the way they desire to go. I am permitting them to see the results of their course. I am, however, the one at the controls. God is permitting the destruction of the wicked in the same manner. He is permitting them to have the results of their course, while actively granting them those results Himself.

T: I agree with this analogy, although the "actively granting them those results Himself" seems a bit unclear. In your analogy, you're allowing a friend drive the car. You're not doing anything arbitrary to punish them if they make a wrong choice. You're actively granting them the results of their choice by letting them drive the car. This fits with what God does. He lets us drive the car. God grants people the ability to make their own choices, and allows them to experience the result of the choices they've made. This is DA 764.

The friend isn't driving the car; rather, the driver follows his directions so he can see the error of his way. But I like your twist, that is, let the friend drive the car and discover the error of his way. Another twist is for God to open up the earth and to swallow guy up with the car (punishing him like Korah and company).

Page 76 of 105 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 104 105

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 07:26 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!