HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,953 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: Arianism vs the Trinity [Re: Mountain Man] #123771
03/02/10 05:52 PM
03/02/10 05:52 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
The term "everlasting Father" is found here:
Quote:

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be on His shoulder; and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Not only is the Child, as in Jesus Christ, as in the Son of God, is called "The everlasting Father", He is also called "The mighty God".

This says that Christ is actually Jehovah God.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Arianism vs the Trinity [Re: Daryl] #123774
03/02/10 06:42 PM
03/02/10 06:42 PM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec

Hi Daryl,

Yes, everlasting father refers to Christ in Isaiah 9:6. He is our everlasting father, always was our father, and will always be the father of the human race.

We all have access to everlasting life, but this word does not apply to our past, only our future.

While it may seem that Christ is here called Jehovah(3068), it's not the case, as 'God' here is the word 'el'(410).

Part of the Trinity confusion blends the identities of Father and Son, a dangerous twist which I'll attempt to clarify in the following posts. Your questions are important and must be considered in the light of fuller scripture evidence. I'm on a poor connection w/o all customary references, so thank you for your patience.

Re: Arianism vs the Trinity [Re: gordonb1] #123775
03/02/10 07:48 PM
03/02/10 07:48 PM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec

The Father & Son are Separate Persons - l

The Bible describes their differences. The Father is the God of Christ. Never are these positions reversed.

The God of Christ:
  • Ephesians 1:17 – “That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him.”
  • John 20 :17 – “Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.”
  • 1 Peter 1:3 – “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
  • Matthew 27:46 – “My God, my god, why hast thou forsaken me”
  • Hebrews 10:7 – “Then said I, Lo, I come…to do thy will, O God.”
  • Revelation 3:12 – Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God,…and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God
  • 1 Corinthians 11:3 – But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.”

The Son is never God of the Father.

Re: Arianism vs the Trinity [Re: gordonb1] #123776
03/02/10 09:05 PM
03/02/10 09:05 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
We all have access to everlasting life, but this word does not apply to our past, only our future.

However, this does not apply to Jesus.

Hebrews 7:3 Without father, without mother and without descent, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like unto the Son of God, he abideth a priest continually

Quote:
While it may seem that Christ is here called Jehovah(3068), it's not the case, as 'God' here is the word 'el'(410).

Yes, but Christ Himself claimed to be Jehovah.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am!"

I AM means an eternal presence; the past, present, and future are alike to God. He sees the most remote events of past history and the far distant future with as clear a vision as we do those things that are transpiring daily. ... ‘Then said the Jews unto Him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast Thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. Then took they up stones to cast at Him’ because of that saying [verses 57-59]. Christ was using the great name of God that was given to Moses to express the idea of the eternal presence.”{14MR 22.2}

Quote:
The Son is never God of the Father.

God the Father calls Him God.

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son He [God the Father] saith, "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Thy Kingdom”.

As to the passages you quoted, please bear in mind that, until the completion of the plan of salvation at the end of the millennium, Christ must be subordinate to God the Father as the representative of the human race, for He took the place of Adam.

Re: Arianism vs the Trinity [Re: Rosangela] #123789
03/03/10 05:23 AM
03/03/10 05:23 AM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec

The Father & Son are Separate Persons - II

Christ derives from the Greek word Christos,(5547) which means ‘the Anointed One.’
Messiah derives from the Hebrew word Mashiyach,(4899) which means ‘the Anointed One.’

The Son is Christ, ‘the anointed one of God’. The Father is never called the anointed one.

The Christ of God:
  • John 1:41 – “We have found the Messias, which is , being interpreted, the Christ.” (margin ~ the Anointed)
  • Luke 2:26 – “And it was revealed to him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord’s Christ.
  • Luke 9:20 – “He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Peter answering said, The Christ of God.
  • Acts 4:26 – “The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.
  • John 4:25 – “I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ
  • Acts 9:22 – But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.” [truly the Anointed One]
  • Acts 2:36 – “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
  • Revelation 12:10 – “And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ

The Son is ‘the anointed one’, the Christ of God.

The Father is never called Christ or ‘the anointed one’.

The Father anointed His Son.

Re: Arianism vs the Trinity [Re: Rosangela] #123790
03/03/10 06:25 AM
03/03/10 06:25 AM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec
Originally Posted By: Rosangela

Yes, but Christ Himself claimed to be Jehovah.

As to the passages you quoted, please bear in mind that, until the completion of the plan of salvation at the end of the millennium, Christ must be subordinate to God the Father as the representative of the human race, for He took the place of Adam.

Hi Rosangela,

Christ never claimed to be God the Father - please don't confuse their individual persons. There is only one Ancient of Days. The Father alone hath immortality. I hope to make such distinctions more plain in following posts.

Christ is subject to the Father, and always will be, demonstrating the order of Heaven. He delights to carry out Father's will.

"Nearly two thousand years ago, a voice of mysterious import was heard in heaven, from the throne of God, "Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart."...Christ was about to visit our world, and to become incarnate." - Desire of Ages 23.

Christ remains subject to the Father once the Great Controversy closes:

"And when all things shall be subdued unto5293 him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto5293 him that put all things under5293 him, that God may be all in all." 1 Corinthians 15:28

Re: Arianism vs the Trinity [Re: gordonb1] #123795
03/03/10 04:01 PM
03/03/10 04:01 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Gordon, I would appreciate hearing your response to the comments and questions I posed to Elle (post #123741 toward the bottom of the previous page). Thank you.

Re: Arianism vs the Trinity [Re: Mountain Man] #123804
03/03/10 06:54 PM
03/03/10 06:54 PM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec

The Father & Son are Separate Persons - III

The Father anointed the Son, and for this reason, Jesus is called the Christ, the Anointed One.

The Son never anointed the Father.

The Father anoints the Son:

• Acts 10:38 – “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost [Spirit] and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”
  • John 3:34 – “For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.”
  • Acts 4:27 – “For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together”
  • Psalms 2:7 – “Yet have I set (5258 – margin – anointed) my king upon my holy hill of Zion.”
  • Hebrews 1:9 – “Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.”
  • Isaiah 61:1 - The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek.”

“The Father gave His Spirit without measure to His Son,
and we may also partake of its fullness.”
Great Controversy 477

Philippians 2:5 - "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus."

Numbers 11:29 – “And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? Would God that all the LORD’S people were prophets, and that the LORD would put his spirit upon them.”

Re: Arianism vs the Trinity [Re: Mountain Man] #123806
03/03/10 07:51 PM
03/03/10 07:51 PM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec

Hi Mike, It seems you had scripture for Elle, but then you offered 'stands to reason'. If there is no scripture then we should not speculate. However, the doctrine of Christ (2 John 9) is a matter of Biblical record. Not everyone chooses to believe that God gave His Only Begotten Son. But this is the theme of the New Testament, the Desire of all Nations. The Jews also denied the Son:

"Christ claimed to be the Only Begotten of the Father, but men encased in unbelief, barricaded with prejudice, denied the Holy and the Just One." - 1 Selected Messages 271.

If the Bible states that God sent His Son, then He had a Son to send. More on this. If you study (not skim) Proverbs 8: 22-30, it becomes apparent that the Son was brought forth in the days of eternity. Ellen White testifies the same. For those who are vacillating, please read the Epistles of John & John 17.

The opening chapters of Patriarchs & Prophets, as well as the Story of Redemption, make this case quite plainly. Christ was God's Son before creation. It's not 'merely a title' Mike, it's both the foundation of the gospel and the root of the Great Controversy. (Matthew 4:3 - "If thou be the Son of God...")

"Before the assembled inhabitants of heaven the king declared that none but Christ, the Only Begotten of God, could fully enter into his purposes, and to Him it was comitted to execute the mighty counsels of His will. The Son of God had wrought the Father's will in the creation of all the host of heaven, and to Him, as well as to God, their homage and allegiance were due." - Patriarchs & Prophets 36.

We must seek the weight of evidence Mike, not traces of doubt.

Re: Arianism vs the Trinity [Re: gordonb1] #123811
03/04/10 02:13 AM
03/04/10 02:13 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Just a brief answer, as it's too late here.

Quote:
R: Yes, but Christ Himself claimed to be Jehovah.
G: Christ never claimed to be God the Father - please don't confuse their individual persons.

Gordon, I'm not confusing their individual persons. The name Jehovah means "the Self-Existent One," and is not applied exclusively to the Father. Jesus claimed to be the "I AM" of Ex 3:14, and the Jews understood this perfectly. The Bible text is clear and the Ellen White passage is clear. You can't quote just some passages and ignore others.

“The name of God [I AM], given to Moses to express the idea of eternal presence, had been claimed AS HIS OWN by this Galilean Rabbi [Jesus]. He had announced Himself to be the Self-existent One…” (Desire of Ages p. 469-70)

Quote:
R: As to the passages you quoted, please bear in mind that, until the completion of the plan of salvation at the end of the millennium, Christ must be subordinate to God the Father as the representative of the human race, for He took the place of Adam.
G: Christ is subject to the Father, and always will be, demonstrating the order of Heaven. He delights to carry out Father's will.

Gordon, 1 Cor. 15:28 says Christ will subject Himself to the Father at the end of the millennium, in order to close the history of sin. It doesn't say Christ will be subject to the Father during all eternity.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!