HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 105 of 105 1 2 103 104 105
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #123925
03/08/10 10:33 PM
03/08/10 10:33 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: MM
Right, you said they don’t consider being deaf a handicap. Does that mean you believe Jesus will resurrect them without the sense of hearing? You have yet to answer this question clearly.

Yes I have, several times. We're told that the wicked will be resurrected with the same bodies that they had when they went to the grave. There's no statement saying they will be healed of handicaps, right?

Quote:
If you think you have, please repost it here. I can’t seem to find it anywhere...

You didn’t answer my question. Do you believe Jesus will communicate verbally, visually, and mind-to-mind? Or, do you think He will only communicate mind-to-mind? If you think you have, please repost it here. I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

I pointed out that you yourself referred to my having stated that there will be visual and audible communication in addition to the individual communication.

You didn't answer any of my questions in your response here. I'll repost them for your convenience.

Quote:
I don't think you understood my question. Or if you did, you still haven't answered it. The SOP said God will show each one where they went astray, making clear to them the sin of their lives, and where He spoke to them. How does God do this? He doesn't publish this publicly, does He, for each one to hear? If He did this, the judgment would take millions of years. He communicates to each one personally, doesn't He?

You appear to think that because you speak a spoken language, then everyone else has to as well. Because you understand things visually, everyone else must as well. You look to be judging the whole world according to your own experience.

I think this idea is simplistic. Consider a deaf mute person. Your idea is that God will raise them from the dead with the ability to see and hear so that He can communicate to them visually, and He will give them the gift of "hearing" so they can hear in their own language, except that they don't have a language, because they don't know any spoken language. So what spoken language would God communicate to them in?

Why would it even cross your mind that this would be a superior solution to God's simply communicating to them the way He did throughout the entirety of their lives? Why would God create a brand new way of communicating to people? For what purpose?

Quote:
They all see the form of God as it really is – like human. They also see Jesus as He really is - like human. I take it you disagree?

I'm not sure. I think I disagree. Are you saying God looks exactly like a human being? If so, yes, I disagree. God is not a human being. Jesus however, is a human being, and will look like a human being.

I think other beings will perceive God as looking like themselves, as opposed to looking like humans.

Quote:
M: And, no, neither Jesus nor the Father nor the Holy Spirit is schizophrenic.

T: I spoke of your views of God's character, not God.

M:No, according to the view of God’s character I have adopted He is not schizophrenic.

I spoke of your views of God's character, not God. Do you not understand this? (i.e., what I'm saying)

I'm saying you hold two views of God's character which seem schizophrenic. I didn't say God is schizophrenic, or that you think God is schizophrenic.

Quote:
What is childlike about believing the Father has a physical form like Jesus’ that we will be able to sit on and listen to Him tell stories? Do you not believe the Father has a lap we will be able to sit on? Or, do you think since He is a “spirit” He doesn’t have a lap we’ll be able to sit on? If you think you’ve already answered this question, please repost it here. I can’t find where you answered it.

Regarding it's being childlike, if you don't perceive this, I don't think I can help. Regarding God's being a "spirit," why did you put that in quotes? I'm sure God is able to manifest Himself physically however He wishes, and if wished for people to be able to sit on His lap, He could certainly accomplish this. After all, He created the universe. Being able to have people sit on His lap would be rather trivial for Him, wouldn't it?

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #123926
03/08/10 10:35 PM
03/08/10 10:35 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: MM
Tom, referring to 123887 (the post above this one), from whence came the fire that burned alive Nadab and Abihu, the 250 men who lamented Korah's death, and the two bands of fifty who sought Elijah?

IIRC, the first one came from the temple, and the last two from above.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #123951
03/09/10 07:13 PM
03/09/10 07:13 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
M: Ellen wrote, "Satan bore not only the weight and punishment of his own sins, but also of the sins of the redeemed host, which had been placed upon him; and he must also suffer for the ruin of souls which he had caused." She is clearly saying Satan will be punished as if he himself committed the sins of the saved.

T: As I understand how you are describing things, this wouldn't be just. Satan suffers according to his responsibility. He doesn't suffer more than what he's responsible for.

I'm sure you agree "Satan bore not only the weight and punishment of his own sins" means Satan will suffer for the sins he himself committed. However, I'm surprised you disagree "not only . . . but also of the sins of the redeemed host" means he will also suffer for the sins the redeemed host committed. And, I'm surprised you don't agree "and he must also suffer for the ruin of souls which he had caused" means he will also suffer for causing the unsaved to be lost. Ellen clearly identifies three separate and distinct things for which Satan will suffer.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #123952
03/09/10 07:54 PM
03/09/10 07:54 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
M: Right, you said they don’t consider being deaf a handicap. Does that mean you believe Jesus will resurrect them without the sense of hearing? You have yet to answer this question clearly.

T: Yes I have, several times. We're told that the wicked will be resurrected with the same bodies that they had when they went to the grave. There's no statement saying they will be healed of handicaps, right?

I'm talking about the first resurrection. Please answer the question with this in mind. Thank you.

Quote:
M: You didn’t answer my question. Do you believe Jesus will communicate verbally, visually, and mind-to-mind? Or, do you think He will only communicate mind-to-mind? If you think you have, please repost it here. I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

T: I pointed out that you yourself referred to my having stated that there will be visual and audible communication in addition to the individual communication.

To whom will He communicate verbally and visually? Will He assemble the verbal and visual people together and communicate to them as a group? Will the mind-to-mind people be assembled elsewhere so His verbal and visual communication does not distract them?

Quote:
T: You didn't answer any of my questions in your response here. I'll repost them for your convenience.

1. The SOP said God will show each one where they went astray, making clear to them the sin of their lives, and where He spoke to them. How does God do this? He doesn't publish this publicly, does He, for each one to hear? If He did this, the judgment would take millions of years. He communicates to each one personally, doesn't He?

2. You appear to think that because you speak a spoken language, then everyone else has to as well. Because you understand things visually, everyone else must as well. You look to be judging the whole world according to your own experience. I think this idea is simplistic. Consider a deaf mute person. Your idea is that God will raise them from the dead with the ability to see and hear so that He can communicate to them visually, and He will give them the gift of "hearing" so they can hear in their own language, except that they don't have a language, because they don't know any spoken language. So what spoken language would God communicate to them in? Why would it even cross your mind that this would be a superior solution to God's simply communicating to them the way He did throughout the entirety of their lives? Why would God create a brand new way of communicating to people? For what purpose?

1. Everyone will be present when Jesus replays earth's history. Each one will see the life they lived and how it impacted others.

2. Jesus will resurrect the wicked with all their senses in working order. He will either resurrect them with the ability to understand the same language or with the ability to hear in their own language.

Quote:
M: They all see the form of God as it really is – like human. They also see Jesus as He really is - like human. I take it you disagree?

T: I'm not sure. I think I disagree. Are you saying God looks exactly like a human being? If so, yes, I disagree. God is not a human being. Jesus however, is a human being, and will look like a human being. I think other beings will perceive God as looking like themselves, as opposed to looking like humans.

Thank you for answering my question. Does God shift shapes so that other species of beings see Him differently than we do?

Quote:
M: And, no, neither Jesus nor the Father nor the Holy Spirit is schizophrenic.

T: I spoke of your views of God's character, not God.

M: No, according to the view of God’s character I have adopted He is not schizophrenic.

T: I spoke of your views of God's character, not God. Do you not understand this? (i.e., what I'm saying) I'm saying you hold two views of God's character which seem schizophrenic. I didn't say God is schizophrenic, or that you think God is schizophrenic.

I'll reword it - No, the two different aspects of God’s character I've been sharing are not schizophrenic or contradictory.

Quote:
M: What is childlike about believing the Father has a physical form like Jesus’ that we will be able to sit on and listen to Him tell stories? Do you not believe the Father has a lap we will be able to sit on? Or, do you think since He is a “spirit” He doesn’t have a lap we’ll be able to sit on? If you think you’ve already answered this question, please repost it here. I can’t find where you answered it.

T: Regarding it's being childlike, if you don't perceive this, I don't think I can help. Regarding God's being a "spirit," why did you put that in quotes? I'm sure God is able to manifest Himself physically however He wishes, and if wished for people to be able to sit on His lap, He could certainly accomplish this. After all, He created the universe. Being able to have people sit on His lap would be rather trivial for Him, wouldn't it?

Does God have a "default" form, a form that is His normal form, one from which He shifts shapes for the benefit of others? If so, what does His default form look like?

Also, I put the word "spirit" in quotes because I was quoting scripture. See John 4:24. I should have capitalized the first letter - "Spirit". Ellen wrote:

Quote:
The mighty power that works through all nature and sustains all things is not, as some men of science claim, merely an all-pervading principle, an actuating energy. God is a spirit; yet He is a personal being, for man was made in His image. As a personal being, God has revealed Himself in His Son. Jesus, the outshining of the Father's glory, "and the express image of His person" (Hebrews 1:3), was on earth found in fashion as a man. As a personal Savior He came to the world. As a personal Savior He ascended on high. As a personal Savior He intercedes in the heavenly courts. Before the throne of God in our behalf ministers "One like the Son of man." Daniel 7:13. {Ed 131.1}

The theory that God is an essence pervading all nature is received by many who profess to believe the Scriptures; but, however beautifully clothed, this theory is a most dangerous deception. . . . If God is an essence pervading all nature, then He dwells in all men; and in order to attain holiness, man has only to develop the power within him. These theories {pantheism, etc.}, followed to their logical conclusion, . . . do away with the necessity for the atonement and make man his own savior. . . . Those who accept them are in great danger of being led finally to look upon the whole Bible as a fiction. {FLB 40.5}

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Mountain Man] #123989
03/10/10 08:48 PM
03/10/10 08:48 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
T: Yes I have, several times. We're told that the wicked will be resurrected with the same bodies that they had when they went to the grave. There's no statement saying they will be healed of handicaps, right?

M:I'm talking about the first resurrection. Please answer the question with this in mind. Thank you.

The first resurrection everyone will receive resurrection bodies, not the bodies they went to the grave with. We'll have good knees, good backs, all senses in tact, working as designed, and won't get tired or need sleep.

M: You didn’t answer my question. Do you believe Jesus will communicate verbally, visually, and mind-to-mind? Or, do you think He will only communicate mind-to-mind? If you think you have, please repost it here. I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

T: I pointed out that you yourself referred to my having stated that there will be visual and audible communication in addition to the individual communication.

M:To whom will He communicate verbally and visually?

To those present who hear and see things.

Quote:
Will He assemble the verbal and visual people together and communicate to them as a group? Will the mind-to-mind people be assembled elsewhere so His verbal and visual communication does not distract them?

No to both. The visual and audible communication is global in scope. It's what seen and heart in the sky. It's not individual. That would be impossible.

Quote:
MM:1. Everyone will be present when Jesus replays earth's history. Each one will see the life they lived and how it impacted others.

How will they see this? Isn't it because God makes this clear to them?

Quote:

2. Jesus will resurrect the wicked with all their senses in working order. He will either resurrect them with the ability to understand the same language or with the ability to hear in their own language.

If they're deaf, their own language is sign language. They don't need to hear to understand sign language.

This whole conversation seems funny to me. At times, they're are the simplest things to understand, yet you insist upon some text saying the simple to understand thing. For example, we're told that God offered Lucifer pardon again and again, and you wanted some statement saying Lucifer had sinned. Obviously he had sinned or he wouldn't need pardon. But you wouldn't accept this. You wanted a specific statement that didn't involve having to reason.

Here you have an elaborate theory which not only is not stated anywhere, it's based on assumptions which are obviously false, and actually contrary to what inspiration has told us, which is that the wicked are raised with the same bodies they went to the grave with.

Quote:
At the close of the thousand years, Christ again returns to the earth. He is accompanied by the host of the redeemed and attended by a retinue of angels. As He descends in terrific majesty He bids the wicked dead arise to receive their doom. They come forth, a mighty host, numberless as the sands of the sea. What a contrast to those who were raised at the first resurrection! The righteous were clothed with immortal youth and beauty. The wicked bear the traces of disease and death. {GC 662.1}

If a deaf person were raised with the ability to hear, they still wouldn't be able to speak or understand a spoken language.

Quote:
Thank you for answering my question. Does God shift shapes so that other species of beings see Him differently than we do?

No. People, or beings, perceive things differently. Here's an example of the principle:

Quote:
5And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

6And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. Rev. 5

Quote:
I'll reword it - No, the two different aspects of God’s character I've been sharing are not schizophrenic or contradictory.

They seem very contradictory to me. On the one hand is a view of God which is very endearing and kind. On the other hand is a view of God which is harsh, severe and cruel.

Quote:
Does God have a "default" form, a form that is His normal form, one from which He shifts shapes for the benefit of others? If so, what does His default form look like?

Also, I put the word "spirit" in quotes because I was quoting scripture. See John 4:24. I should have capitalized the first letter - "Spirit". Ellen wrote:

Jesus referred to His form in John 4. We know angels can appear in different forms. I'm sure God could if He wanted to. This all seems rather speculative.

I hadn't read the FLB 40 statement. That's nicely explained.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #123992
03/10/10 09:12 PM
03/10/10 09:12 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
M: Ellen wrote, "Satan bore not only the weight and punishment of his own sins, but also of the sins of the redeemed host, which had been placed upon him; and he must also suffer for the ruin of souls which he had caused." She is clearly saying Satan will be punished as if he himself committed the sins of the saved.

T: As I understand how you are describing things, this wouldn't be just. Satan suffers according to his responsibility. He doesn't suffer more than what he's responsible for.

M:I'm sure you agree "Satan bore not only the weight and punishment of his own sins" means Satan will suffer for the sins he himself committed.

He'll suffer for his responsibility regarding those sins.

Quote:
However, I'm surprised you disagree "not only . . . but also of the sins of the redeemed host" means he will also suffer for the sins the redeemed host committed.

I don't disagree. He'll suffer for his responsibility for those sins as well.

Quote:
And, I'm surprised you don't agree "and he must also suffer for the ruin of souls which he had caused" means he will also suffer for causing the unsaved to be lost.

This is what I said. I don't see what you're surprised about what I said. Of course Satan suffers for what he did to the lost. The reason I brought this up to you is because you omitted it. You spoke of his bearing the sins of the saved, as if there was some arbitrary transfer of sins going on. What I was pointing out is that Satan suffers because of his responsibility, whether in regards to the saved or the unsaved.

Quote:
Ellen clearly identifies three separate and distinct things for which Satan will suffer.

Which are all based on the same principle: responsibility.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #124019
03/12/10 03:02 AM
03/12/10 03:02 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, thank you for the dialog.

Page 105 of 105 1 2 103 104 105

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!