HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Daryl, Karen Y, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 2,978 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 36 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 35 36
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #124741
04/14/10 08:26 PM
04/14/10 08:26 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
My recomendation is that you adopt a more humble attitude, and consider that since it is founded in the grammar of a language that has only survived as a liturgical language for more than the last 3000 years or so, that Greenie might be right and you be wrong, or even that the correct reading might be one neither of you have adopted.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: vastergotland] #124742
04/14/10 08:38 PM
04/14/10 08:38 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
I do lack humility on occasion. Comparing scripture with scripture and relying on SOP as is the stance of the SDA church in accordance to the 28 fundimental beliefs, Greenie's stand point remains in error.

The fact that uniting Einstien's Special theory of Relativity (regarding aspects of time-space relative to light) with General Relativity (regarding properies of time-space relative to curvature) generates a cosmological model supporting a 6000 year old universe should evidence the possibility that the clear unaltered text of Genesis may actually be fact.

Last edited by JCS; 04/14/10 08:51 PM.
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #124743
04/14/10 08:50 PM
04/14/10 08:50 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: JCS
On the issue of "did the earth or water exist before the week of creation?" Genesis 1:2 proves this just as much as it disproves it.
I don't know, but saying something was moving over the surfaces of the waters before God said, "Let there be", does sound to me that it is intended to have already been in existence at that point in time. (Though I do agree, time may be undefined at that point, but I don't see how any could say it wasn't "before" "Let there be".

Quote:
I understand why modern creationists want to conform to statements made by the scientific community.
Much to the criticism of evolutionists, that does not describe me. I hold the Bible first, and then try to conform science to the Bible. But, "conform" is probably not the correct word as much as observe that science does match the Bible.

Quote:
Here's the issue I have with GC. My stance is that the beginning of the heavens and the earth is the beginning of creation week. Biblicaly, all of the evidence is on my side of the fence.
And I agree, the beginning of the heavens and the earth is the beginning of creation week.

But, I noticed you did not address God's definition of heaven and earth. To me, it was important that you address it. Maybe you accidentally skipped it rather than avoided it? Of particular interest is 2 Peter 3:7 speaking of the heavens and earth being reserved for fire.
Quote:
Ellen White clearly defines what you and GC claim as false.

Quote:
Infidel geologists claim that the world is very much older than the Bible record makes it. They reject the testimony of God’s Word because of those things which are to them evidences from the earth itself that it has existed tens of thousands of years. And many who profess to believe the Bible are at a loss to account for wonderful things which are found in the earth, with the view that Creation week was only seven literal days, and that the world is now only about six thousand years old. These, to free themselves from difficulties thrown in their way by infidel geologists, adopt the view that the six days of Creation were six vast, indefinite periods, and the day of God’s rest was another indefinite period; making senseless the fourth commandment of God’s holy law. Some eagerly receive this position; for it destroys the force of the fourth commandment, and they feel a freedom from its claims upon them. {BLJ 154.2}

I'm not sure. She says world. Could be world as created life groaning. However she does say this earth and tens of thousands. Would that be science's definition of "earth" or God's definition of earth? Perhaps you'd like to expand on this from her writings. But, this world or earth being about 6,000 years old doesn't seem to match, which if I understood what you wrote correctly, 4,000?

Quote:

Thus far in our country, we have the freedom of religion. If you wish to believe the Earth existed before the week of creation, fine. If you want to be a true SDA who looks upon scripture and SOP as foundational truth, you are in dire conflict. I would rather you reject this belief while holding to the Adventist faith or reject the faith completely. You are luke warm.
I'm not sure that was a wisely made statement.
Again, perhaps you could shed some light with further expansion from Ellen White on the age of the physical earth versus created life. Or somewhere else in the Bible. Genesis 1 does not support anything other than when life was created. Which again, is what the Bible involves itself with.

Quote:
The first part of Genesis 1:16 answers this question without a hitch.

"And God made two great lights;"
Actually:
he-shall-become luminaries in·atmosphere-of the·heavens to·to-cseparate-of between the·day and· between the·night and·they-become for·signs and·for·appointments and·for·days and·years

Doesn't say "when". Actually speaks of separating and becoming signs.

Quote:
(Stop relying on weak crutches to support your faith.)
What weak crutches? Relying on what the Bible says?
Evolutionists have accused me of the same thing.

Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #124744
04/14/10 08:53 PM
04/14/10 08:53 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
In comparing scripture with scripture, experience shows that you will always prioritise some verses above others, even while others may do the oposite view. This all being founded in what you bring to the bible, which understandings you start out with. It does not make either of you less sincere, but it does make both of you biased. Recognising ones own bias is one step forward IMO.

If you are relying on Ellens writings as a final arbiter on scripture, you are even there showing that your reading is biased, since you will only be able to proceed through ignoring her own repeated statements saying her work should not be used in such a way.

As for the 28th beliefs, I was not aware they had been adopted as a creed..

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: kland] #124745
04/14/10 09:14 PM
04/14/10 09:14 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
Quote:
But, this world or earth being about 6,000 years old doesn't seem to match, which if I understood what you wrote correctly, 4,000?

If I made a typo saying 4000 years I stand corrected. This isn't my stance on the event of creation. If your regarding my statement of 4124 B.C. then your math is flawed. The time between 4124 BC and 2010 AD is actually more than 6000 years time.

I am admittedly loosing interest in discussing trivial contensions. The idea that earth or water or whatever existed before the beginning of creation week is fully dispeled with in Exodus 20:11. I agree to disagree with you on this subject. I need say nothing more of this.

If you have a superior cosmological model I'd love to hear it. Dr. Russell Humphrey is thus far the only physicist out there with a Genesis aged Universe model that attempts to use solid physics. I take issue with his model becuase it relies on some very strange ideas like that a white hole exists near the Earth to explain the distant starlight problem.

Instead of fearing genuine science, my model embraces it.

Last edited by JCS; 04/14/10 09:16 PM.
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #124746
04/14/10 09:21 PM
04/14/10 09:21 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
I'm starting to see the armies of stawmen building. Dispel of this. Prove your own points. I need not argue with myself to make facts evident.

Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #124747
04/14/10 09:37 PM
04/14/10 09:37 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
Quote:
What weak crutches? Relying on what the Bible says?
Evolutionists have accused me of the same thing.

The context of my own statement reveals that the "crutches" do not have anything to do with relying on scripture. A person uses crutches when he lacks faith in the strength of his own legs to walk. The man's legs represent your faith in scripture as it is stated. The use of crutches would indicate a lack of faith requiring a weak alternative for support of your faith.

Your greater faith in the studies of men has injured your legs. The strange modifications in meaning in scripture serves for crutches. I falsely assumed such a clear analogy would be easily comprehended.

Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #124748
04/14/10 09:43 PM
04/14/10 09:43 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
Quote:
Actually:
he-shall-become luminaries in·atmosphere-of the·heavens to·to-cseparate-of between the·day and· between the·night and·they-become for·signs and·for·appointments and·for·days and·years

Doesn't say "when". Actually speaks of separating and becoming signs.

What is your end conclusion in regard to this exscript?

Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #124749
04/14/10 09:59 PM
04/14/10 09:59 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
Studying the recent comments made by vaster and kland seem to reveal an intent to "flame" as its called in internet lingo. Is this the common manner to which Adventists peers revert to when they are in conflict with another's point of view?

Last edited by JCS; 04/14/10 10:01 PM.
Re: A New Creationist Cosmological Model "The First Flash" [Re: JCS] #124750
04/14/10 10:34 PM
04/14/10 10:34 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
Quote:
But, I noticed you did not address God's definition of heaven and earth. To me, it was important that you address it. Maybe you accidentally skipped it rather than avoided it? Of particular interest is 2 Peter 3:7 speaking of the heavens and earth being reserved for fire.

The heavens and the earth discribed in 2 Peter 3:7 are the same heavens and earth mentioned in Genesis chapters 1 & 2, Exodus 20:11, Joel 2:10, Revelation 14:7, 20:11, and 21:1.

The entire visible universe created in Genesis will be recreated as is described in Revelation. The universe of Heaven is not part of the visible universe according to Ellen White. If the sea of glass is the light horizon, scripture confirms this.

Page 22 of 36 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 35 36

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!