HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,656
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 17
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,724 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: When was the earth really created? [Re: Green Cochoa] #124844
04/18/10 06:46 PM
04/18/10 06:46 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
LOL

Does the waters in Genesis 1:2 presently exist beyond the realm of the heavens and the earth of which were created within the week of creation?

According to Genesis 1:10 the waters were gathered together and called Seas. The seas of the earth are most definitely host to the heavens and the earth. (They do not exist beyond the realm of what was created in the six days of creation.)

If you attempt to claim the seas are not effected and do not exist within the confines of the heavens and the earth you deceive your self. If it were true that the waters are not host to creation, the waters could not be included as part of creation.

Genesis 2:1-3 summarizes Genesis chapter 1. If the waters (of which are host to the heavens and the earth) existed even a single day before the "first day" it would render Genesis 2:2 to be a lie. Verse 3 explains: And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

If the waters existed outside the creation week, its form of time would be fully independent of time as it is measured in our universe. Otherwise, Genesis chapter 2 is a lie. I didn't find any scripture supporting the existence of waters before the beginning. There are multiple texts evidencing the beginning as the beginning of the creation week. I didn't find any texts stating that the waters were not "pre existant" either. But texts like Jer 10:12-14, 51:15-17, Amos 5:7-9, 9:5-7, and 2 Peter 3:4-6 clearly show that God did create the waters spoken of in Gen 1:2.

This implies a very serious problem with Gen 2:3. The problem being that God rested from ALL of his created works on the seventh day. This again shows that if the waters were created before the week that it was in a measure of time fully independent of the week of creation.

Amos 5:7-9 and Amos 9:5-7 evidences God's actual act of creating the waters and then pouring them over the earth.

Acts 15:18 Makes an interesting statement:

"Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world."

All of his works are in direct reference to the beginning of the world.

Isaiah 48:3,16 illustrate even more on God's acts of creation:

"I have declared the former things from the beginning; and they went forth out of my mouth, and I showed them; I did [them] suddenly, and they came to pass."

"Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there [am] I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me."

God's acts of creation are sudden and never in secret.

This is a list of what I considered relevant texts:

Gen 1-2, Ex 20:11, Exodus 31:16-18, Jonah 1:9, Ps 136:5-9, Pro 8: 22-29, Isa 46:10, Is 48:16, Is 48:3, Jeremiah 10:12-14, Jeremiah 51:15-17, Amos 5:7-9, Amos 9:5-7, Acts 14:15, 2 Peter 3:4-6, Acts 15:18, Acts 14:15, Rom 1:20-21, Ephesians 3:8-10, Hebrews 1:9-11, Revelation 3:13-15, Revelation 14:6-8, Rev 22:13

I concede that I can not provide absolute solid proof that the waters did not exist independent of the created universe following your guidelines. The waters could not have been included within the time marking the beginning of creation if they were "pre existant".

This line of thought (the pre existance of waters outside of the created universe) is very problematic but not utterly disproven if you are solely relying on scripture and exact word for word.

Last edited by JCS; 04/18/10 07:12 PM.
Re: When was the earth really created? [Re: JCS] #124857
04/19/10 01:14 PM
04/19/10 01:14 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I had read your link about La Sierra University. It's rather sad, but I do not find it describing me. I'm sorry to be a distraction from your first flash model. All I'm trying to get you to consider is that one of your base assumptions may not be correct. That in no way disqualifies the rest of your model. As you have most recently said, light may not be as constant as textbooks would have us believe. I think that is an important thing to hang in with. Spin affecting the speed of light is another. I'm just trying to say there will come along someone much better than I who may cause you to really consider your base assumption of the whole universe being created at creation is not correct. Will you then throw away your faith? Would it be much better for you to apply your model and say the universe may have been created at creation, but the underlying theories still hold even if it is shown it had already been created previously?

As it is said, Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still. And, of course, the same would apply to me. Just consider the possibility.

Originally Posted By: JCS
"By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth." "For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast." Psalm 33:6, 9. The Bible recognizes no long ages in which the earth was evolved from chaos. CE 191

Another clear statement from SOP.
Yep. I agree. But doesn't address what I was saying. See, we each are so biased by what we believe, we will quote statements that we feel so much directly supports our position, but the other view doesn't see any such support.

Quote:
Relics found in the earth do give evidence of a state of things differing in many respects from the present.
To me, what first comes to mind with relics is man created relics. Although the context suggests to me, fossils. What do you think she means by relics?

Quote:
This implies a very serious problem with Gen 2:3. The problem being that God rested from ALL of his created works on the seventh day.
Possibly a point.

Previous thought: Do other worlds exist? When were they created? or, anticipating, when did they "exist"?
(subquestion: what is "worlds" in this question?)

Another question: Is God light, did He create light at creation?

Re: When was the earth really created? [Re: kland] #124859
04/19/10 02:03 PM
04/19/10 02:03 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Originally Posted By: kland
I had read your link about La Sierra University. It's rather sad, but I do not find it describing me. I'm sorry to be a distraction from your first flash model. All I'm trying to get you to consider is that one of your base assumptions may not be correct. That in no way disqualifies the rest of your model.
An incorrect base assumption would usually bear negative effect to all those parts of the model which is connected with it. By definition a major part of the larger model since a premise with only minor influence on the model hardly would be a "base assumption".
Quote:

Quote:
This implies a very serious problem with Gen 2:3. The problem being that God rested from ALL of his created works on the seventh day.
Possibly a point.

Previous thought: Do other worlds exist? When were they created? or, anticipating, when did they "exist"?
(subquestion: what is "worlds" in this question?)

Another question: Is God light, did He create light at creation?

What about John 5:17 Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working." ?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: When was the earth really created? [Re: vastergotland] #124861
04/19/10 02:58 PM
04/19/10 02:58 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
Well, I'm glad to see we still have stuff to question. This topic of whether or not preexistent waters were used in the creation of our visible universe does NOT effect any base assumptions supporting FF.

One of FF's reverse engineered calculations determines how long ago the time space manifold of our universe started expanding from a point. There's nothing in it prohibiting the introduction of foreign material. (Meaning: any form of "matter" composed of time space fabric independent of the time space fabric defining the visible universe in which we exist.)

This is the one reason why I've started this separate tread. As interesting as this idea is, it is still a distraction as far as my focus is concerned in my original topic covering FF.

Last edited by JCS; 04/19/10 03:02 PM.
Re: When was the earth really created? [Re: JCS] #124863
04/19/10 03:29 PM
04/19/10 03:29 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
One way someone could intoduce an idea that would conflict with an FF base assumption would be to claim that the heavens (defining our visible universe's expanse of time space) existed long before the week of creation approximately 6000 years ago.

Without any doubt, such an idea would be easily debated scripture wise. The origin of the waters, as Greenie points out, is seemingly different. Curiously, preexistant waters isn't disproven (as far as I can tell) by the Bible, nor does it damage FF. Just because I oppose the idea doesn't mean it isn't possible.

Yeah, I don't like admitting it, but I'm changing my tune.

Last edited by JCS; 04/19/10 03:34 PM.
Re: When was the earth really created? [Re: JCS] #124865
04/19/10 03:49 PM
04/19/10 03:49 PM
JCS  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
Colorado, USA
vaster
Quote:
What about John 5:17 Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working." ?

Are you claiming then that Jesus lied or that God didn't rest from his work on the Sabbath? As flawed human beings with finite avenues for communication, we often over generalize or fail to consider context. Lets say I was at work and my boss asks me if I finished my assigned task and I respond, "Yep, I finished everthing." Does that mean I'm claiming to have accomplished everything that I ever will in my entire life?

Try to avoid overgeneralizing and focus more on context for answers.

Last edited by JCS; 04/19/10 03:58 PM.
Re: When was the earth really created? [Re: JCS] #124866
04/19/10 04:02 PM
04/19/10 04:02 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
One way someone could intoduce an idea that would conflict with an FF base assumption would be to claim that the heavens (defining our visible universe's expanse of time space) existed long before the week of creation approximately 6000 years ago.

Without any doubt, such an idea would be easily debated scripture wise. The origin of the waters, as Greenie points out, is seemingly different. Curiously, preexistant waters isn't disproven (as far as I can tell) by the Bible, nor does it damage FF. Just because I oppose the idea doesn't mean it isn't possible.

Yeah, I don't like admitting it, but I'm changing my tune.

Hey, if you're going to accept the Bible in place of opinion, sometimes opinions must change as we are educated by it. It shows a broad mind to be able to accept new truths against former beliefs. No one knows everything, and it is highly probable that many things tradition hands us are just as incorrect as our own formulated opinions can be. Most Adventists really have not sat down and considered Genesis 1 from a truly Biblical perspective. They tend to "interpret" based on the oral tradition we have been handed down. My own Grandmother eschews the view that I have been forced to arrive at based on the Bible that matter pre-existed Creation Week.

Ellen White tells us that truth is progressive. If we hold the exact same beliefs today that our Adventist pioneers held, we haven't learned much.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: When was the earth really created? [Re: vastergotland] #124867
04/19/10 05:21 PM
04/19/10 05:21 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: västergötland
An incorrect base assumption would usually bear negative effect to all those parts of the model which is connected with it. By definition a major part of the larger model since a premise with only minor influence on the model hardly would be a "base assumption".

I had in mind such as 1844. Their base assumption was that cleansing the sanctuary was the 2nd coming. Their assumption was incorrect, but that didn't discredit the rest of their calculations nor what actually occured.

Re: When was the earth really created? [Re: JCS] #124868
04/19/10 05:28 PM
04/19/10 05:28 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
vaster
Quote:

Are you claiming then that Jesus lied or that God didn't rest from his work on the Sabbath? As flawed human beings with finite avenues for communication, we often over generalize or fail to consider context. Lets say I was at work and my boss asks me if I finished my assigned task and I respond, "Yep, I finished everthing." Does that mean I'm claiming to have accomplished everything that I ever will in my entire life?

I believe your point is his point. He was responding to:
Quote:
The problem being that God rested from ALL of his created works on the seventh day.

Which I took to mean that "ALL his created works" were to be taken in context -- creation. Which I took him adding another question to my two.

However, I don't believe that was why you used it. Would you then agree with him and I that we should focus on context?

Re: When was the earth really created? [Re: JCS] #124871
04/19/10 06:06 PM
04/19/10 06:06 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
vaster
Quote:

Context is the sabbath. The sabbath is generally closely linked with creation in these discussions. Where did I fail to focus?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Messages for This Time
by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:44 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/28/24 02:32 PM
Meaning of Lazarus and the Rich Man
by dedication. 05/27/24 10:56 PM
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by dedication. 05/27/24 01:26 AM
Soul and Body sleep
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:15 AM
The Flood
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:12 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:50 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by dedication. 05/29/24 01:05 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/28/24 12:05 AM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!