HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,638
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, TheophilusOne, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,257 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Diabetes #125525
05/22/10 11:26 AM
05/22/10 11:26 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
It began with a irratation, I called it a 'irritated nerve' as no one could tell me what it was. The doctors said my tests were all normal range, no real cause for concern on anything they saw. So I believed them for a while, but then I began having trouble sleeping and could not sleep until I ate something, usually a snack. Then I started to get thirsty and could never get enough to drink and of course had to get up every two hours at night with all that water. Then my eyesight, which had always been excellent, started to fail, and trying to read the tiny serial numbers began to be immpossible. Still the doctors could find nothing, and began to doubt the symptoms I was telling them were real, so I stopped going to them. Then I started to get tremendous pain in my kidneys, and it knotted my back muscles so tight that nothing could relieve it, and I started get pinched nerves in my neck so I could not turn it and to get pain in my nerves that went down into my legs, and one day I went to visit my brother and he asked my why I was dragging my leg. It had basically become dead from the pain, and I was dragging it behind me as it grew worse and barely able to look around without turning my whole body as my neck had become so painful. So I went to the doctors and they just gave medicine for the pain and I let them know that something much more than just pain was happening and if they didnt find it, there was sure to be damage. But the test all showed I was fine, but they did indicate deterioration on my organs and neck, back, etc.., but the doctors said that was just from normal aging.

So I gave up on the doctors and prepared to die, and told my friends that when they found out what I had that make sure every doctor that had failed me got a visit by a lawyer, after 20 years of telling me I had nothing and it was all in my head, I was slightly miffed to say the least. I started to swell and looked like I had gained weight from being so puffy but yet didnt have any real pounds showing on the scale, water was being retained. I started to have trouble healing as I had always been a fast healer, but now it seemed to take a long time. I finally passed out one day and was taken to the emergency room and they did every test but still they said I could go home as they could not find anything, but I did have elevated temperature so they would hold me overnight. In the morning the surgeon came in and said I could go home or he could open me up to check what might be the cause of my illness which I was telling them numerous symptoms. So they opened me up and probed, but still they could not find the cause. So knowing my family history I searched and with my wifes help found I had every sympthom for a disease that ran in my family, Diabetes, and then the Doctors figured out what was wrong with me.......after I did the work and told them, but the damage had been done...

Diabetes is a disease where people do not have enough insulin in their blood, or their body has a problem using the insulin they do have. Glucose level in the blood is controlled by several hormones. Hormones are chemicals in your body that send messages from cells to other cells. Insulin is a hormone made by the pancreas. When you eat, the pancreas makes insulin to send a message to other cells in the body. This insulin tells the cells to take up glucose from the blood. This glucose is used by cells for energy. Extra glucose that is not needed right away is stored in some cells as glycogen. When you are not eating, cells break down glycogen to have glucose to use as energy.

Type 1 diabetes mellitus happens when the part of the pancreas that makes insulin is destroyed by that person’s own immune system. When a person does not make insulin, glucose – sugar – in the blood cannot get into the parts of the body that need sugar to live. In order to live, a person with Type 1 diabetes must take insulin for the rest of their life. They also need to check the amount of sugar in their blood many times each day. Type 1 diabetes happens most of the time in younger people, however it can occur in adults, although this is much less common. About 1 out of every 10 people with diabetes have Type 1 Diabetes.

Type 2 diabetes mellitus is a very different illness from Type 1 diabetes. In Type 2 diabetes, the person makes insulin, but either the insulin does not work in that person’s body as it should, or they do not make enough to process the glucose. When insulin does not work as it should, glucose (sugar) in the blood cannot get into the parts of the body that need sugar. Type 2 diabetes happens most of the time in an older person who is overweight.

Chronic complications are mostly caused by hyperglycemia (but not high enough to always cause acute complications). It causes damage to blood vessels and nerves. Damage to blood vessels can eventually cause strokes, heart attacks, kidney failure, blindness, slow healing of skin breaks, and so more infections, and even amputations from poor circulation (decreased blood flow, usually to the feet and toes). Damage to nerves can make diabetics not feel pain (when this happens, it's usually in their feet). This causes them to have more injuries and not realize they have hurt themselves. Damage to nerves can also cause pain even when there's no real injury. It's a kind of phantom pain or ghost pain. This can be so bad that people need strong pain medicines. Also excessive thirst and excretion of large amounts of severely diluted urine, and kidney damage.

Last edited by Richard; 05/22/10 11:28 AM.
Re: Diabetes [Re: Rick H] #125526
05/22/10 02:02 PM
05/22/10 02:02 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Richard,

The symptoms you started with sound nothing like diabetes to me. True, I am not a physician, but I come from a family where many of my relatives are in the medical profession: doctors, nurses, dietitians, etc. I've grown up with an above average exposure to such. It may be that you have diabetes on top of another, separate condition. I would strongly urge you to read the testimony of an Adventist lady named Laurie, which you will find here:

http://www.toxicmetals.info/case_laurie.htm

It may not apply in every particular to your case, but learn what the cause of her problems were and ask yourself if you have exposure to the same source of trouble.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Diabetes [Re: Green Cochoa] #125527
05/22/10 02:08 PM
05/22/10 02:08 PM
Tammy Roesch  Offline
North East OHIO
I agree....I sure doesn't sound like Diabetes...

Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own. {COL 69}

Re: Diabetes [Re: Green Cochoa] #125530
05/22/10 08:43 PM
05/22/10 08:43 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Richard,

The symptoms you started with sound nothing like diabetes to me. True, I am not a physician, but I come from a family where many of my relatives are in the medical profession: doctors, nurses, dietitians, etc. I've grown up with an above average exposure to such. It may be that you have diabetes on top of another, separate condition. I would strongly urge you to read the testimony of an Adventist lady named Laurie, which you will find here:

http://www.toxicmetals.info/case_laurie.htm

It may not apply in every particular to your case, but learn what the cause of her problems were and ask yourself if you have exposure to the same source of trouble.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

I thought the same thing for 20 years as the doctors told me over and over there was nothing they could find. But once my wife talked to her sister who is in the medical field and looked at the list of symptoms, I had every single one that a male can have. So she FORCED the doctors to give me the longterm diabetes AIC test, it showed how bad I was and they started treatment immeadiately. Afterwards I went and talked to other diabetics and they knew all the symptoms I was having, and the doctors seems as they were completely in the dark, or knew little of what diabetics suffer. I was shocked and tried to correct the damage as best as I could with natural medicines and good diet, but the damage is extensive, every part of my body was affected, and still the doctors have not changed how they look at and test for diabetes......

The catch-22 is I was athletic and had a balanced vegetarian diet with little to no sweets, so the diabetes was slow and didnt show on the normal test, but I could feel it from when I was young...

Last edited by Richard; 05/22/10 08:48 PM.
Re: Diabetes [Re: Tammy Roesch] #125531
05/22/10 08:49 PM
05/22/10 08:49 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Tammy Roesch
I agree....I sure doesn't sound like Diabetes...

Well with my sugar running over 300 the other week, I can tell you for certainty what it is...

Last edited by Richard; 05/22/10 08:50 PM.
Re: Diabetes [Re: Rick H] #125536
05/23/10 12:33 AM
05/23/10 12:33 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Richard,

Doctors often get it wrong, because they treat symptoms instead of root causes. I am one who looks for the cause, and have studied health extensively, even though I am not a doctor. I hardly ever go to see a doctor, preferring to self-treat when I am ill. Good doctors are rare.

That said, I would invite you to take a look at the list of symptoms for mercury toxicity that you will find at the link below. There are some of those symptoms which might have other causes as well (if someone punched you in the mouth, you'd have a fat lip too, right?), but each of them can be caused by mercury. Note that diabetes is in the list.

http://doctormundall.com/m_symptoms.html

Diabetes is not itself a root cause. It is ultimately a name given for the set of symptoms related to an underlying cause. In this case, I am suggesting to you that you take a close look at mercury as being the possible cause for your condition.

Did you read the story about Laurie I referenced above? Mercury causes so many problems that doctors almost never trace them back to their true cause. If it causes osteoporosis for you, why does it cause epilepsy and seizures for someone else? Doctors just cannot fathom one element causing such a myriad of disorders and diseases. But we as Adventists need not be in the dark.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
Mercury, calomel, and quinine have brought their amount of wretchedness, which the day of God alone will fully reveal. Preparations of mercury and calomel taken into the system ever retain their poisonous strength as long as there is a particle of it left in the system. These poisonous preparations have destroyed their millions, and left sufferers upon the earth to linger out a miserable existence. All are better off without these dangerous mixtures. Miserable sufferers, with disease in almost every form, mis-shapen by suffering, with dreadful ulcers, and pains in the bones, loss of teeth, loss of memory, and impaired sight, are to be seen almost every where. They are victims of poisonous preparations, which have been, in many cases, administered to cure some slight indisposition, which after a day or two of fasting would have disappeared without medicine. But poisonous mixtures, administered by physicians, have proved their ruin. {4aSG 139.2}

NOTE: "Calomel" was a preparation of mercury used as an oral drug in Mrs. White's day.

So, while Mrs. White does not specify every disease form attributable to mercury, she does give quite a list, and say that it presents in "almost every form." Again, I urge you to take a closer look at it in your case.

If you would like some recommendations on good mercury-aware doctors, PM me.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Diabetes [Re: Green Cochoa] #125544
05/23/10 11:37 AM
05/23/10 11:37 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Richard,

Doctors often get it wrong, because they treat symptoms instead of root causes. I am one who looks for the cause, and have studied health extensively, even though I am not a doctor. I hardly ever go to see a doctor, preferring to self-treat when I am ill. Good doctors are rare.

That said, I would invite you to take a look at the list of symptoms for mercury toxicity that you will find at the link below. There are some of those symptoms which might have other causes as well (if someone punched you in the mouth, you'd have a fat lip too, right?), but each of them can be caused by mercury. Note that diabetes is in the list.

http://doctormundall.com/m_symptoms.html

Diabetes is not itself a root cause. It is ultimately a name given for the set of symptoms related to an underlying cause. In this case, I am suggesting to you that you take a close look at mercury as being the possible cause for your condition.

Did you read the story about Laurie I referenced above? Mercury causes so many problems that doctors almost never trace them back to their true cause. If it causes osteoporosis for you, why does it cause epilepsy and seizures for someone else? Doctors just cannot fathom one element causing such a myriad of disorders and diseases. But we as Adventists need not be in the dark.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
Mercury, calomel, and quinine have brought their amount of wretchedness, which the day of God alone will fully reveal. Preparations of mercury and calomel taken into the system ever retain their poisonous strength as long as there is a particle of it left in the system. These poisonous preparations have destroyed their millions, and left sufferers upon the earth to linger out a miserable existence. All are better off without these dangerous mixtures. Miserable sufferers, with disease in almost every form, mis-shapen by suffering, with dreadful ulcers, and pains in the bones, loss of teeth, loss of memory, and impaired sight, are to be seen almost every where. They are victims of poisonous preparations, which have been, in many cases, administered to cure some slight indisposition, which after a day or two of fasting would have disappeared without medicine. But poisonous mixtures, administered by physicians, have proved their ruin. {4aSG 139.2}

NOTE: "Calomel" was a preparation of mercury used as an oral drug in Mrs. White's day.

So, while Mrs. White does not specify every disease form attributable to mercury, she does give quite a list, and say that it presents in "almost every form." Again, I urge you to take a closer look at it in your case.

If you would like some recommendations on good mercury-aware doctors, PM me.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Yes, I researched to see if some toxin had come into play, but if you break the symptoms down, you get the answer....so here they are:

Type 1 Diabetes
Frequent urination
Unusual thirst
Extreme hunger
Unusual weight loss
Extreme fatigue and Irritability
Type 2 Diabetes*
Any of the type 1 symptoms
Frequent infections
Blurred vision
Cuts/bruises that are slow to heal
Tingling/numbness in the hands/feet
Recurring skin, gum, or bladder infections
*Often people with type 2 diabetes have no symptoms

http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/symptoms/

Last edited by Richard; 05/23/10 11:38 AM.
Re: Diabetes [Re: Rick H] #125545
05/23/10 11:55 AM
05/23/10 11:55 AM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
This is what I have come across:
Frequent urination/Unusual thirst- I dont know why but the symtoms are under Diabetes insipidus (DI) , a condition characterized by excessive thirst and excretion of large amounts of severely diluted urine, with reduction of fluid intake having no effect on the latter. There are several different types of DI, each with a different cause. The most common type in humans is neurogenic DI, caused by a deficiency of arginine vasopressin (AVP), also known as antidiuretic hormone (ADH). The second common type of DI is nephrogenic diabetes insipidus, which is caused by an insensitivity of the kidneys to ADH. It can also be an iatrogenic artifact of drug use.

Extreme fatigue and Irritability- I slept 9-11 hours and still felt tired and the irritability I could not pinpoint but you felt as you were on pins and needles all during the day. The doctors were never able to explain this symptom, so I am not sure the cause in the body.

Frequent infections- As the body begins to break down it is not able to fight off infections as effectively so this is understandable.

Blurred vision- This one my eye doctor explained, as the sugar levels rise and lower the eye changes shape and your vision goes off or becomes blurred then seems to come back.

Cuts/bruises that are slow to heal- This one is related to frequent infections but most doctors miss it.

Tingling/numbness in the hands/feet- This is the irritation that I first felt when I was young, the high sugar levels left me tingly then numb, and the doctors knew this one and just told me to eat a proper diet since the test didnt show them I was 'diabetic'.

Recurring skin, gum, or bladder infections- I can only say that I would get kidney pain that seemed to be directly correlated to the high sugar levels, when the levels went down so did the pain.

Now I had damage to blood vessels and nerves which caused other symtoms including the leg and neck pain, and damage to the heart from diabetes which caused the water retention. So the effects are often misdianosed as something else, and I was sent to chiropractors and cardiologist but they never found the cause, and only treated the effect. Now you have to remember that everyone has a different reaction, and some people with type 2 diabetes have no symptoms

Last edited by Richard; 05/23/10 11:57 AM.
Re: Diabetes [Re: Rick H] #125548
05/23/10 02:28 PM
05/23/10 02:28 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
I still recommend that you find a good toxicologist and get the results from one or both of two tests: an HMA (hair mineral analysis) test, or a provocative urine test for mercury. Of course, insurance companies generally don't pay for such, and consequently most doctors will not order these tests. You must find a toxicologist, and will likely pay out of pocket. If they find high levels, however, there is nothing else that will cure you better than to get the treatments to remove the toxins.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Diabetes [Re: Green Cochoa] #125551
05/23/10 07:14 PM
05/23/10 07:14 PM
Rick H  Offline
OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
I still recommend that you find a good toxicologist and get the results from one or both of two tests: an HMA (hair mineral analysis) test, or a provocative urine test for mercury. Of course, insurance companies generally don't pay for such, and consequently most doctors will not order these tests. You must find a toxicologist, and will likely pay out of pocket. If they find high levels, however, there is nothing else that will cure you better than to get the treatments to remove the toxins.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

That is the route my wife wanted to go, so I went halfway and got on the diet to clear out toxins, and flush out my system and I have been stable for 10 years. But now with the health of my father detoriating from diabetes also, the stress seems to have set it off and I am striving to get it back under control. But all the old symptoms have come back, and this time I am not 21 and strong as an ox, more like a old mule with a lame leg..... eek

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/19/24 01:25 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!