HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Kevin H), 3,380 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 103 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 102 103
Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: Tom] #89204
05/25/07 01:20 PM
05/25/07 01:20 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
 Quote:
She compares the risk God the Father took with a heavenly father. *God* permitted His Son to come at the risk of failure and eternal loss. This is obviously speaking of God. God is the subject(!), not a "very remote antecedent."

She’s saying that a human father longs to shield his child from the risk the child will meet in the conflict with Satan, and that God gave His Son to meet a more fearful risk than that of any earthly child. I think the text is clear enough.

“The heart of the human father yearns over his son. He looks into the face of his little child, and trembles at the thought of life's peril. He longs to shield his dear one from Satan's power, to hold him back from temptation and conflict. To meet a bitterer conflict and a more fearful risk, God gave His only-begotten Son, that the path of life might be made sure for our little ones. ‘Herein is love.’ Wonder, O heavens! and be astonished, O earth!” {DA 49.2}

Quote:
I was sort of curious to see if you could admit to being wrong.

I have no problem in admitting being wrong if I think I’m wrong, which is not the case. I’ve read again our whole discussion about probability, and there’s nothing in my position I would change. Although I improved my way of expressing my arguments as the discussion progressed, what I’ve been maintaining from the very beginning of this discussion about probability till now is that the prior probability never ceases to be true, is never invalidated, because it represents the relation of the individual to the rest of the human race or to the group he belongs to, showing the difficulties involved in the process. So, even if the outcome is known beforehand, if you want to stress the difficulties involved in the process you have to express it in terms of the prior probability. Besides, all the examples I gave remain true, in my concept.
Several things you said I also consider wrong, like, for instance, the assertion that an event whose outcome is known is a random event. But, of course, I can’t convince you that you are wrong.

Quote:
If something will happen with a 100% chance, you cannot say it will happen with a 5% chance. 100% chance means 1 in 1. 5% means 1 in 20.

I’m not saying that it will happen with a 5% chance. I’m saying it will happen (which means 100% certainty), although the chance for this would be just 5%. These are two different ways of expressing things, which represent two different perspectives, one ignoring the difficulties, the other expressing them. Besides, coldly expressing things in terms of the final result can give rise to misunderstandings. Like I said previously, in 20 months, the woman could get pregnant in 1, and she got pregnant in this month because there was a combination of all the necessary factors for her to get pregnant. 100% of chance would imply that in 20 months she could get pregnant in all of them, which is patently false.

Quote:
That the result won't change is irrelevant. We were speaking before the fact. The point is, if you know, before the fact, that you have a 100% chance of surviving a given event (it doesn't matter what the event is, nor how you know you will survive), then there is no risk attached to this event.

No risk means either that you are facing no threat or that you are not vulnerable to the threat. If there is a threat and you are vulnerable to it, there is a risk, even if the outcome will be favorable. I think this was well illustrated in the example of the three Hebrews.

Quote:
Had God not intervened, a) would have been the case, and it was the case before God intervened. After God intervened, b) became the case.

Of course not. From the human perspective, a) is the case (risk in the process and risk in the final result). From the divine perspective, c) is the case (risk in the process and no risk in the final result). Certainly there was risk in the process, otherwise there would have been no need for God to intervene; and certainly there was no risk in the final result, for evidently God knew He would intervene.

Quote:
T: Regarding risk, I've been asserting that if an event is certain to occur, then there is no risk that it will not occur. ... Do you agree with this?

R: I do, but saying that there is no risk that an event won't occur is completely different from saying that there is no risk for the person involved in it. It's a paradox, but it's true.

T: How is it different? Why is it a paradox? Why is it true?

This is what I’m trying to show you for a long time. Your premise doesn’t prove what you want it to prove. The risk of something not occurring and the risk for the person involved are two different things.
What you said: If an event is certain to occur, then there is no risk that it will not occur.
What I said: If your death is certain to occur, then there is no risk that it will not occur. But who said there is no risk for you?

Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: Rosangela] #89214
05/25/07 05:09 PM
05/25/07 05:09 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I have no problem in admitting being wrong if I think I’m wrong, which is not the case.

I've not seen you admit to a single error (at least, I can't recall one) in I think it's been 4 years and hundreds of posts between us.

I’ve read again our whole discussion about probability, and there’s nothing in my position I would change.

Here's some positions I would consider changing if I were you:
a)That the probability of an event, P(A), can equal 1 is a definition that you disagree with.
b)The knowing the event of an outcome before it happens does not impact the "probability index."
c)That a final process can have no risk attached to it, but the process leading to that result can be risky.

Several things you said I also consider wrong, like, for instance, the assertion that an event whose outcome is known is a random event. But, of course, I can’t convince you that you are wrong.

The example I gave was of drawing a marble from a hat. If there are two marbles in a hat, and both of them blue, the probability of drawing a blue marble from the hat is 1 event thou the event is random (either marble can be drawn).

The probability for an event to occur is the number of favorable outcomes over the total number of outcomes. If these two numbers are equal, then the probability of the event occuring is 1, although either marble could be chosen.

Here's another example. There are certain games of chance where there are still random events to occur (drawing of cards), but these events will not change the final result. For example, say in blackjack playing with a single deck of cards, the Aces have all been played. Say you have 21. The dealer has 20. Say there are ten cards left. The last card being drawn is a random event. There are any of ten cards, none of the Aces, which can be drawn. If one were to ask the question, what is the probability that you will win (dealer will bust), the answer is 1 (10 favorable events over 10 possible events), however the drawing of the card is just a random event as it ever was.

Quote:
If something will happen with a 100% chance, you cannot say it will happen with a 5% chance. 100% chance means 1 in 1. 5% means 1 in 20.

I’m not saying that it will happen with a 5% chance. I’m saying it will happen (which means 100% certainty), although the chance for this would be just 5%.

The chance is 5% but it is 100%. You don't see this is a contradiction?

These are two different ways of expressing things, which represent two different perspectives, one ignoring the difficulties, the other expressing them. Besides, coldly expressing things in terms of the final result can give rise to misunderstandings. Like I said previously, in 20 months, the woman could get pregnant in 1, and she got pregnant in this month because there was a combination of all the necessary factors for her to get pregnant. 100% of chance would imply that in 20 months she could get pregnant in all of them, which is patently false.

You only have to get pregnant once. Saying she will get pregnant with 100% probability means before dying she will give birth to a child. It has nothing to do with getting pregnant in any month.

You need to be more careful in defining what you are talking about. To assert there is a 5% chance of getting pregnant in a given month is very different than asserting that a woman will certainly become pregnant in her lifetime. This is jumping horses again.

You need to define what event you are talking about. Anyway, this is not the issue we were discussing before. We were discussing the idea that you can say that a favorable event will occur with certainty, yet there can be risk attached to it (i.e., it is possible for an unfavorable event to occur). These are mutualy exclusive.

Quote:
That the result won't change is irrelevant. We were speaking before the fact. The point is, if you know, before the fact, that you have a 100% chance of surviving a given event (it doesn't matter what the event is, nor how you know you will survive), then there is no risk attached to this event.

No risk means either that you are facing no threat or that you are not vulnerable to the threat.

Let's use precise language. No risk means there is no possibility of loss, or, synonymously, no chance that an unfavorable event will occur. (where "favorable" and "unfavorable" are dealing with something specific, the same specific thing, such as losing one's life.)

If there is a threat and you are vulnerable to it, there is a risk, even if the outcome will be favorable.

Only if "threat" means "the possibility of the unfavorable event occuring is greater than 0." Otherwise this is jumping horses, using "threat" to mean something different than what's under discussion. A similar comment applies to "vulnerable."

Changes words does not impact the concept under discussion. The concept is exceedingly simple:

*If the possibility of an unfavorable event occuring is greater than 0 (i.e. there is risk), then it cannot be the case that the favorable event will certainly occur.*

I think this was well illustrated in the example of the three Hebrews.

If God had not intervened, the Hebrews would have died. There was the possibility of an unfavorable event occuring. Given that God intervened, that possibility (and the associated risk) vanished.

Quote:
Had God not intervened, a) would have been the case, and it was the case before God intervened. After God intervened, b) became the case.

Of course not. From the human perspective, a) is the case (risk in the process and risk in the final result). From the divine perspective, c) is the case (risk in the process and no risk in the final result).

c) is impossible! I've demonstrated this in several different ways. You cannot have risk no risk in the final result unless there is no risk in any of the steps of the process.

One's perspective of things does not change reality. Reality is how God perceives things. We can, in ignorance, perceive risk where there is none. I've given examples of this as well.

Certainly there was risk in the process, otherwise there would have been no need for God to intervene; and certainly there was no risk in the final result, for evidently God knew He would intervene.

This is jumping horses. By the same logic that you assert that there was no risk in the final result, because God knew He would intervene, there was no risk in the process, because God knew he would intervene. The process in which God intervened was the Hebrew's not burning up, even though there were in a fire! The risk in this process was exactly the same as the risk of the final result. If you are going to allow the final result to be impacted by God's foreknowledge of what He would do, you need to do the same thing for the process.

Quote:
T: Regarding risk, I've been asserting that if an event is certain to occur, then there is no risk that it will not occur. ... Do you agree with this?

R: I do, but saying that there is no risk that an event won't occur is completely different from saying that there is no risk for the person involved in it. It's a paradox, but it's true.

T: How is it different? Why is it a paradox? Why is it true?

This is what I’m trying to show you for a long time. Your premise doesn’t prove what you want it to prove. The risk of something not occurring and the risk for the person involved are two different things.
What you said: If an event is certain to occur, then there is no risk that it will not occur.
What I said: If your death is certain to occur, then there is no risk that it will not occur. But who said there is no risk for you?

Have to go now. I'll come back to this when I have time.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: Tom] #89227
05/26/07 01:12 AM
05/26/07 01:12 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
 Quote:
I've not seen you admit to a single error (at least, I can't recall one) in I think it's been 4 years and hundreds of posts between us.

Curious. Neither have I seen you admit to a single error (at least, I can’t recall one). And it’s not 4 years, but 2.

Quote:
Here's some positions I would consider changing if I were you:
a)That the probability of an event, P(A), can equal 1 is a definition that you disagree with.

I said I would no longer discuss this. If you want to re-read what I said, the post numbers are 88446, 88741, 88787, 88822, 88837.

Quote:
b)The knowing the event of an outcome before it happens does not impact the "probability index."

I don’t know how many times now I’ve made clear that by “probability index” I meant the probability of something in relation to the general population, which is nothing but the prior probability. Another thing I will not discuss any more.

Quote:
c)That a final process can have no risk attached to it, but the process leading to that result can be risky.

Again, I don’t know how many times now I’ve made clear that I was not discussing that. Re-read, for instance, my post #88528, or better yet, my post # 88657, where I say, “So, let it be clear that God's foreknowledge has to do with no risk that the result will change, not with the fact that the process is or is not risky.” This is another thing I will not discuss any more.

Quote:
R: Several things you said I also consider wrong, like, for instance, the assertion that an event whose outcome is known is a random event. But, of course, I can’t convince you that you are wrong.

T: The example I gave...

It’s not possible to give an example which can demonstrate that an event whose outcome is certain is a random event, since a random event is, by definition, one whose outcome is uncertain. If all the marbles in a hat are blue, drawing a blue marble from the hat is not a random, but a certain event, whose probability is 1; there is a different probability for which marble will be drawn, and in this case it's not 1. If you have the necessary points to win the game, the fact that you will win is not a random, but a certain event, whose probability is 1; there is another probability, which is not 1, for the sequence in which the cards will be drawn.

Quote:
The chance is 5% but it is 100%. You don't see this is a contradiction?

The prior probability is 5% and the posterior probability is 100%. Where is the contradiction?

Quote:
If God had not intervened, the Hebrews would have died. There was the possibility of an unfavorable event occuring. Given that God intervened, that possibility (and the associated risk) vanished.

If this is the case, what is the problem, then? In every temptation Christ could have failed, but God intervened supplying His power for Him to be victorious. Given that God intervened, that possibility (and the associated risk) vanished.

Quote:
One's perspective of things does not change reality. Reality is how God perceives things. We can, in ignorance, perceive risk where there is none.

You are basing the whole defense of your view in the use of the word “risk” by Ellen White, but this, then, is a mistake. Ellen White said the Hebrews’ lives were at stake. Ellen White said Christ’s life was at stake. If, as you said, we can in ignorance perceive risk where there is none, then she was in ignorance perceiving risk where there was none.

Tom, I think we have already discussed things extensively and, of course, will not reach an agreement. I may reply to a point or another if necessary, but I’m trying to draw my participation in this discussions to a close.

Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: Rosangela] #126836
08/22/10 10:55 AM
08/22/10 10:55 AM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
I'm bringing the forward to make it easier for me to access and read it. smile

Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: Charity] #126837
08/22/10 02:01 PM
08/22/10 02:01 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Again, just because Jesus possessed the ability and potential to fail on the cross, it in no way meant the Father was uncertain Jesus would succeed. The fact He said so many times Jesus would succeed is proof. Not once did the Father intimate Jesus would fail. Whatever Ellen White meant when she employed the word "risk" cannot be construed to imply the Father was unsure Jesus would succeed. To say otherwise is to say she contradicts the many places in the Bible where the Father clearly says Jesus would succeed.

Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: Mountain Man] #126862
08/23/10 12:55 PM
08/23/10 12:55 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
That's good you say the Bible trumps Ellen White. We should all keep that in mind lest we become like some accuse us of, of being a cult.

I haven't found any place where she disagrees with the Bible. Which is what I hear you trying to say. But, to say that her use of "risk" must not mean "risk" because you say the Bible says there was no "risk" is assuming something that isn't established.

Do you find anywhere in the Bible where it does mean there was a risk? Contrast that by asking if there's any place in the Bible which says we will succeed and with others who would succeed, but some failed.

Something else to think about is if there was no risk, was this just some ritual God had to do? Some appeasement? Which comes down to, if there was no risk, was any sacrifice made? Did He really offer His Son? If it was a sure thing, was anything given? Why did Jesus have to die?

Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: kland] #126869
08/23/10 03:19 PM
08/23/10 03:19 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Nowhere in the Bible does it represent the Father feeling unsure Jesus would succeed on the cross. Can we agree on this foundational point? If so, then we should be able to explore how a person can know if a prophey is conditional or unconditional.

Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: Mountain Man] #126894
08/24/10 08:46 PM
08/24/10 08:46 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: MM
Nowhere in the Bible does it represent the Father feeling unsure Jesus would succeed on the cross.

This doesn't matter.

Quote:
Can we agree on this foundational point?

This isn't a foundational point. The foundational point regards risk. Does God take risks? *That's* the foundational point.

We can address this from the standpoint of Scripture or the SOP. The SOP makes clear that God takes risks, and did so specifically in regards to sending Christ. Whether the Bible addresses this point has no bearing on whether or not what the SOP says is true or not.

Regarding whether or not the Bible presents God as taking risks is a foundational point we may consider.

Quote:
If so, then we should be able to explore how a person can know if a prophecy is conditional or unconditional.

Certainly how one can determine if a prophecy is condition or unconditional is not dependent upon whether or not Scripture addresses the specific point of God's taking a risk in sending Christ. However, I can say there are people who believe this is the case (that God took a risk in sending Christ) who are not believers in the SOP (i.e., their belief that it is the case that God took a risk in sending Christ is based solely on Scripture).

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: Tom] #126895
08/24/10 09:14 PM
08/24/10 09:14 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
T:Here's some positions I would consider changing if I were you:

R:I said I would no longer discuss this. If you want to re-read what I said, the post numbers are 88446, 88741, 88787, 88822, 88837.

The post I had in mind was 88407:

Quote:
T:An event *can* have a probability of 1. There’s no problem with that.

R:Although the concept is sometimes used, I disagree.

As I explained:

Quote:
It’s not “sometimes” used; it’s always used. I provided the formula for you; P(A) = The Number Of Ways Event A Can Occur /The Total Number Of Possible Outcomes. For example, what’s the probability of a die coming up with a number between 1 and 6? It’s 1.
This isn’t a “concept” that you can disagree with. What you are asserting is something like the following “While the concept that 5 is an integer is sometimes used, I disagree.”

Quote:
R: Several things you said I also consider wrong, like, for instance, the assertion that an event whose outcome is known is a random event. But, of course, I can’t convince you that you are wrong.

It’s not possible to give an example which can demonstrate that an event whose outcome is certain is a random event, since a random event is, by definition, one whose outcome is uncertain. If all the marbles in a hat are blue, drawing a blue marble from the hat is not a random, but a certain event, whose probability is 1; there is a different probability for which marble will be drawn, and in this case it's not 1. If you have the necessary points to win the game, the fact that you will win is not a random, but a certain event, whose probability is 1; there is another probability, which is not 1, for the sequence in which the cards will be drawn.

Here was the example given:

Quote:
T:That an event can have a probability of 1 is not being controverted here. Indeed, this is a fundamental principle of probability theory. For example, consider the event of choosing a marble from a hat, two of which are blue and two of which are white....

R:No, this is not the right example. The right example is this: consider the event of choosing a marble from a hat. Which is the probability of choosing a blue marble if all of the marbles are blue? Is this a random event? Repeating what the quote says: “A phenomenon is called random if the outcome of an experiment is uncertain.”

T:Yes, it's a random event! The example is fine. Which marble will be chosen is random; it's uncertain. That the marble will be blue is known, hence the probability is 1.

I put this here as it seemed to fit. I looked over the posts you cited, and didn't see any recognition of the basic concept that the probability of an event can be 1 (or 0). The only post which looked to deal specifically with the subject was the last one you cited:

Quote:
I will say it once more, and let the subject rest. I didn’t question that an event can be assigned the probability of 0 or 1 in the probability theory. I questioned that an event whose probability is 0 or 1 is a random event, which it isn’t.

However, this assertion isn't true. What you said was this:

Quote:
T:An event *can* have a probability of 1. There’s no problem with that.

R:Although the concept is sometimes used, I disagree.

This says nothing about an event being random. It's just the definition of the probability of an event occurring. Indeed, I checked to see if there was anything in the immediate context (going back through the previous page of posts), and couldn't find anything discussing an event being random.

Quote:

R:It’s not possible to give an example which can demonstrate that an event whose outcome is certain is a random event, since a random event is, by definition, one whose outcome is uncertain. If all the marbles in a hat are blue, drawing a blue marble from the hat is not a random, but a certain event, whose probability is 1; there is a different probability for which marble will be drawn, and in this case it's not 1. If you have the necessary points to win the game, the fact that you will win is not a random, but a certain event, whose probability is 1; there is another probability, which is not 1, for the sequence in which the cards will be drawn.

Here's the example:

Quote:
The example I gave was of drawing a marble from a hat. If there are two marbles in a hat, and both of them blue, the probability of drawing a blue marble from the hat is 1 even though the event is random (either marble can be drawn).

The probability for an event to occur is the number of favorable outcomes over the total number of outcomes. If these two numbers are equal, then the probability of the event occurring is 1, although either marble could be chosen.

What are you disagreeing with?

Re: How Can a Person Know if a Prophecy is Conditional or Unconditional? - Part 2 [Re: Tom] #126896
08/24/10 09:22 PM
08/24/10 09:22 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
T:If God had not intervened, the Hebrews would have died. There was the possibility of an unfavorable event occurring. Given that God intervened, that possibility (and the associated risk) vanished.

R:If this is the case, what is the problem, then? In every temptation Christ could have failed, but God intervened supplying His power for Him to be victorious.

This is apples and oranges. That should be obvious.

Quote:
Given that God intervened, that possibility (and the associated risk) vanished.

Again apples and oranges.

Christ could have failed because there was a possibility that He might choose to give in to the temptation. His risk of failure had nothing to do with whether or not God would take action.

Quote:
T:One's perspective of things does not change reality. Reality is how God perceives things. We can, in ignorance, perceive risk where there is none.

R:You are basing the whole defense of your view in the use of the word “risk” by Ellen White,

No, this isn't true. For example, in Christ's Object Lessons she writes that all heaven was imperiled for us. Also, the view isn't dependent upon Ellen White at all.

Quote:
but this, then, is a mistake. Ellen White said the Hebrews’ lives were at stake. Ellen White said Christ’s life was at stake. If, as you said, we can in ignorance perceive risk where there is none, then she was in ignorance perceiving risk where there was none.

I believe Ellen White was correct in her assessment that risk was involved.

Quote:
Tom, I think we have already discussed things extensively and, of course, will not reach an agreement. I may reply to a point or another if necessary, but I’m trying to draw my participation in this discussions to a close.

I let you have the last word on this years ago, but Mark resurrected it, so have fun!

Page 40 of 103 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 102 103

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!