HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,628
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,156 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18
Re: How can it be assured sin won't rise a second time? [Re: Mountain Man] #128681
11/07/10 06:17 AM
11/07/10 06:17 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: MM
Tom, yes, the loyal FMAs chose not to side with Satan and the disloyal angels. You are asking, Why didn't their obedience and faithfulness disprove Satan's accusations? I suspect it's because they weren't sure why their decision disproved his accusations.

I was really asking why you think A&E's obedience would have disproved Satan's false claims against God's character.

Regarding what you just said, however, you're saying that the unfallen world's obedience really did disprove Satan's accusations, but because they weren't aware of this, God, despite having done so millions of times earlier, had to do so one more time, so they could watch a third party. This seems to be assuming that they had no knowledge of each other, but for some reason were aware of Adam and Eve.

I don't think any of this make sense. Here's what I think makes sense:

Quote:
. Rebellion was not to be overcome by force. Compelling power is found only under Satan's government. The Lord's principles are not of this order. His authority rests upon goodness, mercy, and love; and the presentation of these principles is the means to be used. God's government is moral, and truth and love are to be the prevailing power.

It was God's purpose to place things on an eternal basis of security, and in the councils of heaven it was decided that time must be given for Satan to develop the principles which were the foundation of his system of government. He had claimed that these were superior to God's principles. Time was given for the working of Satan's principles, that they might be seen by the heavenly universe.(DA 759)

This explains that time must be given for Satan to develop the principles which were the system of his government. Yet you think if A&E had not eaten of the forbidden fruit, God could have destroyed Satan and ended the Great Controversy.

It doesn't appear to me that you are dealing with the issues involved. Indeed, the only course of action that makes sense to me it just which Ellen White laid out. Here's why.

The claims of Satan had to do with two protagonists: himself and God. The involved the character and government of the respective parties. Satan claimed that God was harsh, and severe, unjust, selfish, and did not have the best interests of His creatures in mind. Satan offered what he claimed was a better alternative. How could it be seen who was right?

Only by allowing his government to develop, and allow his character to be seen.

Now God knew the truth, but God couldn't just say, "No, Satan is wrong. He's lying." and allow Satan to reap the full result of his sin and die, because it would have appeared that God was killing him, and that Satan's accusations were true. So God had to allow the truth to be seen, and that required time.

Quote:
Perhaps this is why God created A&E so soon afterward. Watching a "third party", as it were, deal with Satan's accusations would allow them to be objective about it. A&E's success in Eden would validated their success in heaven. Also, the miserable existence of Satan and the fallen angels would have stood in contrast to the peace and happiness A&E would have been enjoying in Eden.

I don't see the sense in this. There was peach and happiness in the millions of worlds God had created, and they could see this success there.

Quote:
But nothing is more convincing to me than the fact had A&E succeeded in Eden it would have "rendered eternally secure" the entire universe.

I've asked you repeatedly to put forth some sort of explanation as to how A&E would have answered Satan's claims. The only thing I can see going on here is your trying to make a statement which has nothing to do with the topic at hand speak to it when it doesn't.

Quote:
I'm basing this conclusion on the fact it would have placed A&E in "perpetual favor with God and the heavenly angels". The fact Ellen includes "the heavenly angels" clearly means they would have enjoyed perpetual favor with God the same as A&E.

She wasn't talking about the holy angels' perpetual favor with God, but with Adam and Eve's. She wasn't making an argument that A&E would have made the holy angels secure, but that *they* would have been secure, if they have been obedient, the same as the holy angels would be secure if they were obedient, or the "millions of worlds" would be secure if they were obedient. This is a point EGW made over and over again. This isn't dealing with the subject at hand, though, which has to do with Satan's accusations against God.

Quote:
Enjoying "perpetual favor with God" necessarily means they would have been "rendered eternally secure" and would have been "placed beyond [Satan's] power, to enjoy perpetual favor with God". In other words, Satan's accusations would have had no affect on them. They would have been rendered bogus and untrue.

No, not at all. The only way Satan's accusations could be disproved was to do what DA 759 explains.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: How can it be assured sin won't rise a second time? [Re: Tom] #128699
11/08/10 04:21 PM
11/08/10 04:21 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom, I don't understand why you feel "perpetual favor with God and the heavenly angels" and "placed beyond [Satan's] power, to enjoy perpetual favor with God" does not also apply to the angels. Above you wrote, "the holy angels would be secure if they were obedient." Are you saying the angels would not have been "rendered eternally secure"? If so, does it mean you believe A&E and unfallen beings would have enjoyed perpetual favor with God and eternal security and only angels would have remained at risk of rebellion?

1. Also, why do you think the holy angels chose to side with God and not with Lucifer? Was it blind faith? If not, what exactly did they base their loyalty and faithfulness on? And, was it insufficient to render them eternally secure? If so, why?

2. Do you think they were unsure if God was holy, just, and worthy of eternal worship and adoration? Or, were they convinced beyond doubt He is?

3. Were they unsure if Satan's rule was somehow better than God's? Did they suspect things might be much improved under his rule? Or, were they completely convinced God's rule is superior to Satan's?

4. Did A&E's failure shake their confidence in God's rule and cause them to suspect things might be better under Satan's rule? Or, did it have no affect on them and their confidence and convictions regarding God's rule and Satan's rule?

5. What affect did watching Satan cause death and destruction on earth have on them? Did it cause them to wonder if Satan might not be right about God?

6. What affect did Enoch's and Moses' success have on them? Did it do anything to lessen or strengthen their confidence and convictions concerning God and Satan?

7. Why didn't Jesus' success on Calvary render them eternally secure concerning the great controversy? Is there anything about the unsolved questions that has left them at risk of rebellion?

8. Why didn't the great controversy end favorably for God at Calvary when Jesus proclaimed, It is finished? What will the 144,000 accomplish, as it relates to the unsolved questions, that Jesus did not settle while here in the flesh?

9. What will Jesus and the 144,000 have accomplished to end the great controversy favorably for God that A&E could not have done had they succeeded in Eden?

10. Had A&E succeeded in Eden how do you envision things would have played out? What would have happened to prove God's claims and to disprove Satan's accusations? And, where in the universe would it have unfolded?

Re: How can it be assured sin won't rise a second time? [Re: Mountain Man] #128708
11/08/10 06:57 PM
11/08/10 06:57 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: MM
Tom, I don't understand why you feel "perpetual favor with God and the heavenly angels" and "placed beyond [Satan's] power, to enjoy perpetual favor with God" does not also apply to the angels.

She wasn't talking about angels. She was saying that if A&E were faithful, they would have been secure, the same as for any other FMA. To read into this that A&E were rendering secure angels is a prime example of eisegesis. This shouldn't be difficult to see.

The fundamental principles of interpretation include determining the context of a given statement, and narrowing the interpretation of the text to that scope.

Quote:
Above you wrote, "the holy angels would be secure if they were obedient." Are you saying the angels would not have been "rendered eternally secure"?

No. I just said the same thing she did in regards to A&E, but in regards to angels. Same as for any FMA.

Quote:
If so, does it mean you believe A&E and unfallen beings would have enjoyed perpetual favor with God and eternal security and only angels would have remained at risk of rebellion?

No.

Quote:
1. Also, why do you think the holy angels chose to side with God and not with Lucifer?

They weighed the evidence, and decided this was the best thing to do. Just like any other FMA. I already answered this.

Quote:
Was it blind faith?

No. God provided evidence, as He always does. God doesn't ask us to believe without providing evidence.

Quote:
If not, what exactly did they base their loyalty and faithfulness on?

The evidence at hand.

Quote:
And, was it insufficient to render them eternally secure?

According to EGW, without the cross, the angles would be no more secure than before Satan's rebellion.

Quote:
If so, why?

Because of the questions Satan had raised. Think of the parable of the wheat and the tares. The tares had not matured yet.

Quote:
2. Do you think they were unsure if God was holy, just, and worthy of eternal worship and adoration? Or, were they convinced beyond doubt He is?

They were unsure in regards to Satan's accusations.

Quote:
3. Were they unsure if Satan's rule was somehow better than God's? Did they suspect things might be much improved under his rule? Or, were they completely convinced God's rule is superior to Satan's?

They weren't secure until the cross, when Satan's character became unmasked. Then they were absolutely sure God was right and Satan was wrong.

Quote:
4. Did A&E's failure shake their confidence in God's rule and cause them to suspect things might be better under Satan's rule?

No. Why would it?

Quote:
Or, did it have no affect on them and their confidence and convictions regarding God's rule and Satan's rule?

I think they were curious to see what would happen once they fell.

Quote:
5. What affect did watching Satan cause death and destruction on earth have on them? Did it cause them to wonder if Satan might not be right about God?

I would think seeing Satan's government at work would not have helped his cause. But Satan was very clever at shifting the blame. When Christ came, there was no one to shift the blame to, and I think this had to do with there being convinced as to who was right.

Quote:
6. What affect did Enoch's and Moses' success have on them? Did it do anything to lessen or strengthen their confidence and convictions concerning God and Satan?

I doubt it had a great deal of effect. Just watching God deal with humanity, in general, should have had some effect, but I think what really had an effect on them was the Plan of Salvation, and, in particular, the revelation of Jesus Christ during His earthly mission.

Quote:
7. Why didn't Jesus' success on Calvary render them eternally secure concerning the great controversy?

? You mean why did it? EGW explains why it did. "It Is Finished" talks about this.

Quote:
Is there anything about the unsolved questions that has left them at risk of rebellion?

No.

Quote:
8. Why didn't the great controversy end favorably for God at Calvary when Jesus proclaimed, It is finished?

Because humans still haven't made a decision.

Quote:
What will the 144,000 accomplish, as it relates to the unsolved questions, that Jesus did not settle while here in the flesh?

Why do you think are are unsolved questions that Jesus did not settle?

Quote:
9. What will Jesus and the 144,000 have accomplished to end the great controversy favorably for God that A&E could not have done had they succeeded in Eden?

I don't agree with this question. That is, with the way you're lumping the 144,000 with Jesus. Jesus Christ accomplished what needed to be accomplished in regards to ending the great controversy favorably, as far as revealing the truth about God and Satan is concerned.

Also it looks like you're assuming that A&E could not have accomplished what needed to be accomplished. I don't know if that's a valid assumption.

Quote:
10. Had A&E succeeded in Eden how do you envision things would have played out? What would have happened to prove God's claims and to disprove Satan's accusations? And, where in the universe would it have unfolded?

I'm not aware of any statements from inspiration dealing with this.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: How can it be assured sin won't rise a second time? [Re: Tom] #128722
11/09/10 07:05 AM
11/09/10 07:05 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Originally Posted By: Tom

The fundamental principles of interpretation include determining the context of a given statement, and narrowing the interpretation of the text to that scope.

Quote:
7. Why didn't Jesus' success on Calvary render them eternally secure concerning the great controversy?

? You mean why did it? EGW explains why it did. "It Is Finished" talks about this.

Quote:
8. Why didn't the great controversy end favorably for God at Calvary when Jesus proclaimed, It is finished?

Because humans still haven't made a decision.

Quote:
What will the 144,000 accomplish, as it relates to the unsolved questions, that Jesus did not settle while here in the flesh?

Why do you think are are unsolved questions that Jesus did not settle?

Quote:

I don't agree with this question. That is, with the way you're lumping the 144,000 with Jesus. Jesus Christ accomplished what needed to be accomplished in regards to ending the great controversy favorably, as far as revealing the truth about God and Satan is concerned.
Some of the problem in Mikes questions are, in my view, based in eisegesis/bad interpretation of Revelation vis the 144000..

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: How can it be assured sin won't rise a second time? [Re: vastergotland] #128725
11/09/10 03:26 PM
11/09/10 03:26 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
The content of this post has been removed while it is being reviewed by the Admin Team.

Last edited by Daryl F; 11/11/10 04:15 PM. Reason: Removed while being reviewed by the Admin Team
Re: How can it be assured sin won't rise a second time? [Re: Tom] #128752
11/10/10 03:16 AM
11/10/10 03:16 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: Tom, I don't understand why you feel "perpetual favor with God and the heavenly angels" and "placed beyond [Satan's] power, to enjoy perpetual favor with God" does not also apply to the angels.

T: She wasn't talking about angels. She was saying that if A&E were faithful, they would have been secure, the same as for any other FMA. To read into this that A&E were rendering secure angels is a prime example of eisegesis. This shouldn't be difficult to see. The fundamental principles of interpretation include determining the context of a given statement, and narrowing the interpretation of the text to that scope.

How could they have enjoyed perpetual favor with the angels if, as you seem to believe, the angels would not have been in perpetual favor with God?

Quote:
M: Above you wrote, "the holy angels would be secure if they were obedient." Are you saying the angels would not have been "rendered eternally secure"?

T: No. I just said the same thing she did in regards to A&E, but in regards to angels. Same as for any FMA.

Ellen said A&E would have been “rendered eternally secure” and would have enjoyed "perpetual favor with God and the heavenly angels" and "placed beyond [Satan's] power, to enjoy perpetual favor with God". Are you saying you apply this to the angels?

Quote:
1. Also, why do you think the holy angels chose to side with God and not with Lucifer?

T: They weighed the evidence, and decided this was the best thing to do. Just like any other FMA. I already answered this.

M: Was it blind faith?

T: No. God provided evidence, as He always does. God doesn't ask us to believe without providing evidence.

M: If not, what exactly did they base their loyalty and faithfulness on?

T: The evidence at hand.

M: And, was it insufficient to render them eternally secure?

T: According to EGW, without the cross, the angles would be no more secure than before Satan's rebellion.

M: If so, why?

T: Because of the questions Satan had raised. Think of the parable of the wheat and the tares. The tares had not matured yet.

I hear you saying, yes, the evidence God provided was insufficient to render them eternally secure. Do you think the death of Jesus was necessary to render the angels eternally secure? What if A&E had succeeded in Eden, would the death of Jesus still have been necessary to render the angels eternally secure?

Quote:

T: They were unsure in regards to Satan's accusations.

But do you think they were unsure if God was holy, just, and worthy of eternal worship and adoration? Or, were they convinced beyond doubt He is?

Quote:

T: They weren't secure until the cross, when Satan's character became unmasked. Then they were absolutely sure God was right and Satan was wrong.

Were they secure before Lucifer rebelled? Were they secure after they warred with Jesus against Satan and the disloyal angels? Were they secure before A&E failed in Eden? Ellen wrote:

Quote:
Angels that were loyal and true sought to reconcile this mighty, rebellious angel to the will of his Creator. They justified the act of God in conferring honor upon Christ, and with forcible reasoning sought to convince Lucifer that no less honor was his now than before the Father had proclaimed the honor which He had conferred upon His Son. They clearly set forth that Christ was the Son of God, existing with Him before the angels were created; and that He had ever stood at the right hand of God, and His mild, loving authority had not heretofore been questioned; and that He had given no commands but what it was joy for the heavenly host to execute. They urged that Christ's receiving special honor from the Father, in the presence of the angels, did not detract from the honor that Lucifer had heretofore received. The angels wept. They anxiously sought to move him to renounce his wicked design and yield submission to their Creator; for all had heretofore been peace and harmony, and what could occasion this dissenting, rebellious voice? {SR 15.2}

Lucifer refused to listen. And then he turned from the loyal and true angels, denouncing them as slaves. These angels, true to God, stood in amazement as they saw that Lucifer was successful in his effort to incite rebellion. He promised them a new and better government than they then had, in which all would be freedom. Great numbers signified their purpose to accept him as their leader and chief commander. As he saw his advances were met with success, he flattered himself that he should yet have all the angels on his side, and that he would be equal with God Himself, and his voice of authority would be heard in commanding the entire host of heaven. Again the loyal angels warned him, and assured him what must be the consequences if he persisted; that He who could create the angels could by His power overturn all their authority and in some signal manner punish their audacity and terrible rebellion. To think that an angel should resist the law of God which was as sacred as Himself! They warned the rebellious to close their ears to Lucifer's deceptive reasonings, and advised him and all who had been affected by him to go to God and confess their wrong for even admitting a thought of questioning His authority. {SR 16.1}

Then there was war in heaven. The Son of God, the Prince of heaven, and His loyal angels engaged in conflict with the archrebel and those who united with him. The Son of God and true, loyal angels prevailed; and Satan and his sympathizers were expelled from heaven. All the heavenly host acknowledged and adored the God of justice. Not a taint of rebellion was left in heaven. All was again peaceful and harmonious as before. Angels in heaven mourned the fate of those who had been their companions in happiness and bliss. Their loss was felt in heaven. {SR 19.1}

Did the angels think and feel the same way (see detailed description above) about Jesus and Satan during and after they warred with Jesus against the evil angels? Did they think and feel the same way about Jesus and Satan after A&E failed in Eden? If not, why not?

Quote:
4. Did A&E's failure shake their confidence in God's rule and cause them to suspect things might be better under Satan's rule?

T: No. Why would it?

M: Or, did it have no affect on them and their confidence and convictions regarding God's rule and Satan's rule?

T: I think they were curious to see what would happen once they fell.

Were they confident God’s rule is better than Satan’s? If so, why do you believe they were at risk of rebelling?

Quote:

T: I would think seeing Satan's government at work would not have helped his cause. But Satan was very clever at shifting the blame. When Christ came, there was no one to shift the blame to, and I think this had to do with there being convinced as to who was right.

For example, when Elijah prayed and fire came down from above and burned alive the two bands of fifty, do you think Satan tried to make it look as though Jesus was to blame? By the way, do you think Jesus commanded the holy angels to withdraw their protection and permit evil angels to cause fire to come down from above and burn alive the two bands of fifty?

Quote:

T: I doubt it had a great deal of effect. Just watching God deal with humanity, in general, should have had some effect, but I think what really had an effect on them was the Plan of Salvation, and, in particular, the revelation of Jesus Christ during His earthly mission.

I mean, what did they think about Jesus admitting Enoch and Moses into heaven? Still, little effect?

Quote:

T: You mean why did it? EGW explains why it did. "It Is Finished" talks about this.

M: Is there anything about the unsolved questions that has left them at risk of rebellion?

T: No.

Ellen made it clear in DA “It Is Finished” the holy angels were not rendered eternally secure as it relates to unsolved questions concerning the great controversy. Here’s what she wrote about it:

Quote:
Yet Satan was not then destroyed. The angels did not even then understand all that was involved in the great controversy. The principles at stake were to be more fully revealed. And for the sake of man, Satan's existence must be continued. Man as well as angels must see the contrast between the Prince of light and the prince of darkness. He must choose whom he will serve. {DA 761.3}

In the opening of the great controversy, Satan had declared that the law of God could not be obeyed, that justice was inconsistent with mercy, and that, should the law be broken, it would be impossible for the sinner to be pardoned. Every sin must meet its punishment, urged Satan; and if God should remit the punishment of sin, He would not be a God of truth and justice. When men broke the law of God, and defied His will, Satan exulted. It was proved, he declared, that the law could not be obeyed; man could not be forgiven. Because he, after his rebellion, had been banished from heaven, Satan claimed that the human race must be forever shut out from God's favor. God could not be just, he urged, and yet show mercy to the sinner. {DA 761.4}

. . .

Another deception was now to be brought forward. Satan declared that mercy destroyed justice, that the death of Christ abrogated the Father's law. Had it been possible for the law to be changed or abrogated, then Christ need not have died. But to abrogate the law would be to immortalize transgression, and place the world under Satan's control. It was because the law was changeless, because man could be saved only through obedience to its precepts, that Jesus was lifted up on the cross. Yet the very means by which Christ established the law Satan represented as destroying it. Here will come the last conflict of the great controversy between Christ and Satan. {DA 762.5}

That the law which was spoken by God's own voice is faulty, that some specification has been set aside, is the claim which Satan now puts forward. It is the last great deception that he will bring upon the world. He needs not to assail the whole law; if he can lead men to disregard one precept, his purpose is gained. For "whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." James 2:10. By consenting to break one precept, men are brought under Satan's power. By substituting human law for God's law, Satan will seek to control the world. This work is foretold in prophecy. Of the great apostate power which is the representative of Satan, it is declared, "He shall speak great words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand." Daniel 7:25. {DA 763.1}

Do you believe the holy angels were rendered eternally secure at the cross even though there are aspects of the great controversy they are unclear about?

Quote:

T: Because humans still haven't made a decision.

M: What will the 144,000 accomplish, as it relates to the unsolved questions, that Jesus did not settle while here in the flesh?

T: Why do you think are are unsolved questions that Jesus did not settle?

Because Ellen said so. See passage above.

Quote:

T: I don't agree with this question. That is, with the way you're lumping the 144,000 with Jesus. Jesus Christ accomplished what needed to be accomplished in regards to ending the great controversy favorably, as far as revealing the truth about God and Satan is concerned. Also it looks like you're assuming that A&E could not have accomplished what needed to be accomplished. I don't know if that's a valid assumption.

Ellen made it clear the holy angels were unclear concerning certain aspects regarding the great controversy. The 144,000 will clear up the confusion. Also, do you suspect A&E would have settled the great controversy had they succeeded in Eden? If so, please explain how.

Quote:

T: I'm not aware of any statements from inspiration dealing with this.

Okay. But how do “you” envision things would have played out?

Re: How can it be assured sin won't rise a second time? [Re: Mountain Man] #128754
11/10/10 04:32 AM
11/10/10 04:32 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
M: Tom, I don't understand why you feel "perpetual favor with God and the heavenly angels" and "placed beyond [Satan's] power, to enjoy perpetual favor with God" does not also apply to the angels.

T: She wasn't talking about angels. She was saying that if A&E were faithful, they would have been secure, the same as for any other FMA. To read into this that A&E were rendering secure angels is a prime example of eisegesis. This shouldn't be difficult to see. The fundamental principles of interpretation include determining the context of a given statement, and narrowing the interpretation of the text to that scope.

M:How could they have enjoyed perpetual favor with the angels if, as you seem to believe, the angels would not have been in perpetual favor with God?

As I've explained several times, she wasn't discussing angels. As I also explained several times, if the angels remained faithful, they too, like A&E, would remain secure, as is the case for any other free moral agent.

You haven't offered any explanation as to why A&E's remaining faithful would have answered Satan's questions.

Also, I explained that the principles of interpretation are to limit the scope of a comment to the point being made, not to amplify it as wide as possible. I'm curious as to if you understand what I'm saying here. If not, I can explain it further. In point of fact, what you're doing here is a classic example of amplifying scope as opposed to limiting it.

Quote:
M: Above you wrote, "the holy angels would be secure if they were obedient." Are you saying the angels would not have been "rendered eternally secure"?

T: No. I just said the same thing she did in regards to A&E, but in regards to angels. Same as for any FMA.

M:Ellen said A&E would have been “rendered eternally secure” and would have enjoyed "perpetual favor with God and the heavenly angels" and "placed beyond [Satan's] power, to enjoy perpetual favor with God". Are you saying you apply this to the angels?

?

Quote:

T: No. God provided evidence, as He always does. God doesn't ask us to believe without providing evidence.

T: According to EGW, without the cross, the angels would be no more secure than before Satan's rebellion.

T: Because of the questions Satan had raised. Think of the parable of the wheat and the tares. The tares had not matured yet.

M:I hear you saying, yes, the evidence God provided was insufficient to render them eternally secure.

Why? I simply stated what EGW said. Is this what you hear her saying? If not, why not? I quoted her faithfully, didn't I?

Quote:
Do you think the death of Jesus was necessary to render the angels eternally secure?

Isn't this what the EGW quote says?

Quote:
What if A&E had succeeded in Eden, would the death of Jesus still have been necessary to render the angels eternally secure?

You mean if there were no fallen beings other than Satan and the angels which followed him? No, I don't think so.

Quote:

M:But do you think they were unsure if God was holy, just, and worthy of eternal worship and adoration? Or, were they convinced beyond doubt He is?

I can't think of anything to reply than what I said before, that they were unsure as to Satan's accusations. Why isn't this a clear answer to your question? I'm not understanding that.

Quote:

T: They weren't secure until the cross, when Satan's character became unmasked. Then they were absolutely sure God was right and Satan was wrong.

M:Were they secure before Lucifer rebelled?

I've already commented on this. What does the EGW quote say?

[qutoe]Were they secure after they warred with Jesus against Satan and the disloyal angels? Were they secure before A&E failed in Eden? Ellen wrote: ...

Did the angels think and feel the same way (see detailed description above) about Jesus and Satan during and after they warred with Jesus against the evil angels? Did they think and feel the same way about Jesus and Satan after A&E failed in Eden? If not, why not?
[/quote]

You're asking if A&E's failure changed the way the faithful angels thought about God? If so, no, I don't think it made a difference. I think they were interested to see how things would play out, however.

Quote:

M: Or, did it have no affect on them and their confidence and convictions regarding God's rule and Satan's rule?

M:Were they confident God’s rule is better than Satan’s? If so, why do you believe they were at risk of rebelling?

What are you referring to here? The EGW quote? Or something I said? If it's something I said, please quote it.

Quote:

T: I would think seeing Satan's government at work would not have helped his cause. But Satan was very clever at shifting the blame. When Christ came, there was no one to shift the blame to, and I think this had to do with there being convinced as to who was right.

M:For example, when Elijah prayed and fire came down from above and burned alive the two bands of fifty, do you think Satan tried to make it look as though Jesus was to blame?

Yes, no doubt.

Quote:
By the way, do you think Jesus commanded the holy angels to withdraw their protection and permit evil angels to cause fire to come down from above and burn alive the two bands of fifty?

I think the principles of GC 35-37 apply. There's different ways that could have happened. I think God did not send from heaven with the intent of killing Elijah's enemies. They could have put themselves in harm's way.

Quote:

T: I doubt it had a great deal of effect. Just watching God deal with humanity, in general, should have had some effect, but I think what really had an effect on them was the Plan of Salvation, and, in particular, the revelation of Jesus Christ during His earthly mission.

M:I mean, what did they think about Jesus admitting Enoch and Moses into heaven? Still, little effect?

Why do you think it would have had much effect? I think what had a great effect is what is explained in "It Is Finished."

Quote:

T: You mean why did it? EGW explains why it did. "It Is Finished" talks about this.

M: Is there anything about the unsolved questions that has left them at risk of rebellion?

M:Ellen made it clear in DA “It Is Finished” the holy angels were not rendered eternally secure as it relates to unsolved questions concerning the great controversy. Here’s what she wrote about it:

That can't be, because she wrote in the quote I supplied that there were rendered secure. Viz:

Quote:
That which alone can effectually restrain from sin in this world of darkness, will prevent sin in heaven. The significance of the death of Christ will be seen by saints and angels...The angels ascribe honor and glory to Christ, for even they are not secure except by looking to the sufferings of the Son of God. It is through the efficacy of the cross that the angels of heaven are guarded from apostasy. Without the cross they would be no more secure against evil than were the angels before the fall of Satan. Angelic perfection failed in heaven ...The plan of salvation, making manifest the justice and love of God, provides an eternal safeguard against defection in unfallen worlds, as well as among those who shall be redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. The Signs of the Times, December 30, 1889

I'm not understanding here what you're thinking. Isn't it clear from this quote that she's saying that the angels were rendered secure by the cross? Why are you saying they weren't?

Quote:
Do you believe the holy angels were rendered eternally secure at the cross even though there are aspects of the great controversy they are unclear about?

Sure. The quote I cited is clear about this. It says, "It is through the efficacy of the cross that the angels of heaven are guarded from apostasy. Without the cross they would be no more secure against evil than were the angels before the fall of Satan." This seems very clear to me that it is the cross which renders them secure, as opposed to something else.

Quote:

M: What will the 144,000 accomplish, as it relates to the unsolved questions, that Jesus did not settle while here in the flesh?

M:Because Ellen said so. See passage above.

I think you're misunderstanding the passage. What's an example of an unsettled question that Satan raised in regards to God's character which Jesus Christ did not answer? I'm sure you can't think of anything.

Quote:

T: I don't agree with this question. That is, with the way you're lumping the 144,000 with Jesus. Jesus Christ accomplished what needed to be accomplished in regards to ending the great controversy favorably, as far as revealing the truth about God and Satan is concerned. Also it looks like you're assuming that A&E could not have accomplished what needed to be accomplished. I don't know if that's a valid assumption.

M:Ellen made it clear the holy angels were unclear concerning certain aspects regarding the great controversy.

She doesn't say that they have any doubt regarding God's character, or the accusations which Satan raised regarding God's character or government. There are some things they don't understand, but this is in relation to how things will be done, not in regards to God's character or Satan's accusations. She doesn't say this in the quote you cited, but she does say in the quotes I have cited that Satan's accusations were answered.

Quote:
The 144,000 will clear up the confusion. Also, do you suspect A&E would have settled the great controversy had they succeeded in Eden? If so, please explain how.

That the great controversy would have been settled by A&E was your idea. I've been asking you for quite some time now how this would have happened, but you've declined to address the question. Why are you asking me? Why not answer my question?

Quote:

M:Okay. But how do “you” envision things would have played out?

Somehow God would have devised a way to answer Satan's accusations. I don't know what God would have done.

I'd like to point out that you've been asking question after question here, and I've been answering them, one after another, but you've neglected to answer a single question I've asked repeatedly over a couple of weeks now on another thread. Namely, I've been asking you if the future is, in reality, single-threaded or multi-threaded.

Re: How can it be assured sin won't rise a second time? [Re: Tom] #128777
11/10/10 10:01 PM
11/10/10 10:01 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA

M: How could they have enjoyed perpetual favor with the angels if, as you seem to believe, the angels would not have been in perpetual favor with God?

T: As I've explained several times, she wasn't discussing angels. As I also explained several times, if the angels remained faithful, they too, like A&E, would remain secure, as is the case for any other free moral agent. You haven't offered any explanation as to why A&E's remaining faithful would have answered Satan's questions. Also, I explained that the principles of interpretation are to limit the scope of a comment to the point being made, not to amplify it as wide as possible. I'm curious as to if you understand what I'm saying here. If not, I can explain it further. In point of fact, what you're doing here is a classic example of amplifying scope as opposed to limiting it.

1. “Rendered eternally secure.”
2. “Perpetual favor with God and the heavenly angels.”
3. “Placed beyond Satan's power.”

Ellen includes God, heavenly angels, Adam and Eve, and Satan in her comments. Involving holy angels in my comments does not violate any rules. The words “eternal” and “perpetual” are unconditional. In other words, Ellen is saying if A&E had succeeded in their first encounter with Satan they would have been placed beyond Satan’s power forever and would have enjoyed unconditional favor and security with God and holy angels forever, eternally, perpetually. To use your words, the future would not have included the possibility of men or angles sinning or rebelling.

Quote:

M: Ellen said A&E would have been “rendered eternally secure” and would have enjoyed "perpetual favor with God and the heavenly angels" and "placed beyond [Satan's] power, to enjoy perpetual favor with God". Are you saying you apply this to the angels?

T: ?

You said “secure” whereas Ellen said “eternally secure”. I think it means one act of obedience (resisting Satan’s initial attempt to ensnare and enslave them) would have rendered A&E unconditionally, perpetually, eternally secure and in favor with God and the holy angels (which necessarily implies the holy angels would have enjoyed the same status). You, on the other hand, seem to think their security was conditional, contingent, dependent, subject to ongoing, continuous, repetitious obedience. Do you see any difference?

Quote:

T: According to EGW, without the cross, the angels would be no more secure than before Satan's rebellion.

M: I hear you saying, yes, the evidence God provided was insufficient to render them eternally secure.

T: Why? I simply stated what EGW said. Is this what you hear her saying? If not, why not? I quoted her faithfully, didn't I?

I’m talking about the evidence provided before A&E failed in Eden. You and I both agree the death of Jesus would have been unnecessary if A&E had succeeded in Eden. Do you believe the evidence God provided before A&E failed would have been sufficient to render the angels unconditionally, perpetually, eternally secure (no chance of them rebelling in the future) if A&E had succeeded in Eden?

Quote:
M: Do you think the death of Jesus was necessary to render the angels eternally secure?

T: Isn't this what the EGW quote says?

Yes. But she wasn’t talking about if A&E had succeeded in Eden. Just to be sure you understand my question I’ll reiterate it: Do you believe the evidence God provided before A&E failed would have been sufficient to render the angels unconditionally, perpetually, eternally secure (no chance of them rebelling in the future) if A&E had succeeded in Eden?

Quote:
M: What if A&E had succeeded in Eden, would the death of Jesus still have been necessary to render the angels eternally secure?

T: You mean if there were no fallen beings other than Satan and the angels which followed him? No, I don't think so.

I suspect your answer does not include your thoughts on whether or not A&E’s success in Eden (meaning there would have been no other fallen beings other than Satan and the evil angels who rebelled with him) would have (in addition to making Jesus’ death unnecessary) rendered the holy angels unconditionally, perpetually, eternally secure (no chance of them rebelling in the future).

Quote:

M: But do you think they were unsure if God was holy, just, and worthy of eternal worship and adoration? Or, were they convinced beyond doubt He is?

T: I can't think of anything to reply than what I said before, that they were unsure as to Satan's accusations. Why isn't this a clear answer to your question? I'm not understanding that.

I’m asking about God. You’re answering about Satan. I’ll ask it another way: Before the A&E failed, do you think the holy angels were 100% certain God is holy, just, and good, worthy of eternal worship and adoration?

Quote:

M: Were they secure before Lucifer rebelled?

T: I've already commented on this. What does the EGW quote say?

M: Were they secure after they warred with Jesus against Satan and the disloyal angels? Were they secure before A&E failed in Eden? Ellen wrote: [omitted by Tom]. Did the angels think and feel the same way (see detailed description above) about Jesus and Satan during and after they warred with Jesus against the evil angels? Did they think and feel the same way about Jesus and Satan after A&E failed in Eden? If not, why not?

T: You're asking if A&E's failure changed the way the faithful angels thought about God? If so, no, I don't think it made a difference. I think they were interested to see how things would play out, however.

Please articulate what the holy angels believed about God’s claims and Satan’s accusations. And then state whether or not you think they continued to believe that way before, during, and after the war in heaven. If their beliefs remained unchanged, what, then, is the basis of your belief they were at risk of rebelling until Jesus died on the cross?

Quote:

M: Were they confident God’s rule is better than Satan’s? If so, why do you believe they were at risk of rebelling?

T: What are you referring to here? The EGW quote? Or something I said? If it's something I said, please quote it.

Before and after A&E failed, were the holy angels 100% certain God’s rule is better than Satan’s?

Re: How can it be assured sin won't rise a second time? [Re: Mountain Man] #128778
11/10/10 10:02 PM
11/10/10 10:02 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA

M: For example, when Elijah prayed and fire came down from above and burned alive the two bands of fifty, do you think Satan tried to make it look as though Jesus was to blame?

T: Yes, no doubt.

M: By the way, do you think Jesus commanded the holy angels to withdraw their protection and permit evil angels to cause fire to come down from above and burn alive the two bands of fifty?

T: I think the principles of GC 35-37 apply. There's different ways that could have happened. I think God did not send from heaven with the intent of killing Elijah's enemies. They could have put themselves in harm's way.

You mean like the Quaker who warned the thief robbing his house, “Sir, I mean thee no harm, but I am about to shoot where thou standest”? Did God send the fire from heaven? Or, did God permit Satan to do it? Did Elijah attempt to save the two bands of fifty by warning them not to stand in the wrong spot?

Quote:

M: I mean, what did they think about Jesus admitting Enoch and Moses into heaven? Still, little effect?

T: Why do you think it would have had much effect? I think what had a great effect is what is explained in "It Is Finished."

But, again, she was talking about what happened on the cross years later. I’m asking you about something that happened years before Jesus died on the cross. Were the holy angels totally cool with Enoch and Moses being in heaven? If, as you seem to believe, the holy angels were at risk of rebelling it stands to reason they would have questioned the right and wisdom of God granting Enoch and Moses unconditional eternal life.

Quote:

M: Ellen made it clear in DA “It Is Finished” the holy angels were not rendered eternally secure as it relates to unsolved questions concerning the great controversy. Here’s what she wrote about it: [quoted omitted by Tom]

T: That can't be, because she wrote in the quote I supplied that there were rendered secure. Viz:

Quote:
That which alone can effectually restrain from sin in this world of darkness, will prevent sin in heaven. The significance of the death of Christ will be seen by saints and angels...The angels ascribe honor and glory to Christ, for even they are not secure except by looking to the sufferings of the Son of God. It is through the efficacy of the cross that the angels of heaven are guarded from apostasy. Without the cross they would be no more secure against evil than were the angels before the fall of Satan. Angelic perfection failed in heaven ...The plan of salvation, making manifest the justice and love of God, provides an eternal safeguard against defection in unfallen worlds, as well as among those who shall be redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. The Signs of the Times, December 30, 1889

I'm not understanding here what you're thinking. Isn't it clear from this quote that she's saying that the angels were rendered secure by the cross? Why are you saying they weren't?

M: Do you believe the holy angels were rendered eternally secure at the cross even though there are aspects of the great controversy they are unclear about?

T: Sure. The quote I cited is clear about this. It says, "It is through the efficacy of the cross that the angels of heaven are guarded from apostasy. Without the cross they would be no more secure against evil than were the angels before the fall of Satan." This seems very clear to me that it is the cross which renders them secure, as opposed to something else.

In the quote you posted above it says the “plan of salvation” will provide “an eternal safeguard against defection in unfallen worlds.” As you know, the plan of salvation encompasses more than what Jesus accomplished while here in the flesh. It also includes what Jesus will accomplish in and through the 144,000. Not until all questions relating to the great controversy are answered will the universe be rendered eternally secure. If, as you seem to believe, the unfallen worlds were rendered eternally secure at the cross, why, then, do you think Ellen said unanswered questions relating to the great controversy remained after the cross?

Quote:

M: Because Ellen said so. See passage above.

T: I think you're misunderstanding the passage. What's an example of an unsettled question that Satan raised in regards to God's character which Jesus Christ did not answer? I'm sure you can't think of anything.

The quote you omitted spelled it out. Ellen spoke out Satan’s accusations regarding the law. Jesus’ example and experience did not address this aspect of the great controversy. Please refer to the passage I posted.

Quote:

M: Ellen made it clear the holy angels were unclear concerning certain aspects regarding the great controversy.

T: She doesn't say that they have any doubt regarding God's character, or the accusations which Satan raised regarding God's character or government. There are some things they don't understand, but this is in relation to how things will be done, not in regards to God's character or Satan's accusations. She doesn't say this in the quote you cited, but she does say in the quotes I have cited that Satan's accusations were answered.

M: The 144,000 will clear up the confusion. Also, do you suspect A&E would have settled the great controversy had they succeeded in Eden? If so, please explain how.

T: That the great controversy would have been settled by A&E was your idea. I've been asking you for quite some time now how this would have happened, but you've declined to address the question. Why are you asking me? Why not answer my question?

Do you think the great controversy could have ended at the cross so far as the angels were concerned? If not, what exactly do you think it was the angels did not understand about it? Please cite inspired quotes to support your answer. Thank you. Also, you and I both agree Jesus’ death would not have been necessary had A&E succeeded in Eden. I realize, though, that you firmly believe A&E’s success wouldn’t have settled the great controversy so far as the angels were concerned. Your devotion to this idea, without knowing what else God could have done, is baffling. It’s unlike you to be so adamant about an idea without being able to logically explain why.

Quote:

M: Okay. But how do “you” envision things would have played out?

T: Somehow God would have devised a way to answer Satan's accusations. I don't know what God would have done.

What about the loyal FMAs in the meantime? Would they, including A&E, have been in peril and at risk of rebelling until God succeeded at proving His claims about Himself and disproving Satan’s accusations about Him?

Re: How can it be assured sin won't rise a second time? [Re: Mountain Man] #128779
11/10/10 11:31 PM
11/10/10 11:31 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Regarding the Elijah questions, Elijah was not sent to reveal God's character: Christ was. If we wish to see what God is like, we should look at Jesus Christ while hear in the flesh. That's why He came.

Quote:
M: I mean, what did they think about Jesus admitting Enoch and Moses into heaven? Still, little effect?

T: Why do you think it would have had much effect? I think what had a great effect is what is explained in "It Is Finished."

M:But, again, she was talking about what happened on the cross years later. I’m asking you about something that happened years before Jesus died on the cross. Were the holy angels totally cool with Enoch and Moses being in heaven? If, as you seem to believe, the holy angels were at risk of rebelling it stands to reason they would have questioned the right and wisdom of God granting Enoch and Moses unconditional eternal life.

Let's settle something first. I simply quoted from Ellen White. She said:

Quote:
“That which alone can effectually restrain from sin in this world of darkness, will prevent sin in heaven. The significance of the death of Christ will be seen by saints and angels...The angels ascribe honor and glory to Christ, for even they are not secure except by looking to the sufferings of the Son of God. It is through the efficacy of the cross that the angels of heaven are guarded from apostasy. Without the cross they would be no more secure against evil than were the angels before the fall of Satan. Angelic perfection failed in heaven. The plan of salvation, making manifest the justice and love of God, provides an eternal safeguard against defection in unfallen worlds, as well as among those who shall be redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.” The Signs of the Times, December 30, 1889)

You're asking me questions as if I had penned this. Do you think I'm interpreting something wrong here? As far as I know, I've simply quoted this. And you're asking asking me questions about what I quoted as if the ideas originated from me. I can understand you're asking for clarification if I'm interpreting something she wrote differently than you think it should be interpreted, but I think, up to this point, I've simply quoted what she said. Is that not correct?

If it's not correct, what am I interpreting in a way that you think is incorrect?

Regarding Moses and Elijah being in heaven, and how the angels would receive them, I would think that would depend upon their (M&E) character. As long as they acted like citizens of heaven, I don't see why the angels would have a problem with them being there.

Quote:
In the quote you posted above it says the “plan of salvation” will provide “an eternal safeguard against defection in unfallen worlds.” As you know, the plan of salvation encompasses more than what Jesus accomplished while here in the flesh. It also includes what Jesus will accomplish in and through the 144,000. Not until all questions relating to the great controversy are answered will the universe be rendered eternally secure. If, as you seem to believe, the unfallen worlds were rendered eternally secure at the cross, why, then, do you think Ellen said unanswered questions relating to the great controversy remained after the cross?

As I seem to believe? Here's the quote:

Quote:
That which alone can effectually restrain from sin in this world of darkness, will prevent sin in heaven. The significance of the death of Christ will be seen by saints and angels.

I'm not understand what's not clear here. Again:

Quote:
The angels ascribe honor and glory to Christ, for even they are not secure except by looking to the sufferings of the Son of God. It is through the efficacy of the cross that the angels of heaven are guarded from apostasy. Without the cross they would be no more secure against evil than were the angels before the fall of Satan.

I'm not following the difficulty here. What do you think this is saying?

Quote:
T: I think you're misunderstanding the passage. What's an example of an unsettled question that Satan raised in regards to God's character which Jesus Christ did not answer? I'm sure you can't think of anything.

M:The quote you omitted spelled it out. Ellen spoke out Satan’s accusations regarding the law. Jesus’ example and experience did not address this aspect of the great controversy. Please refer to the passage I posted.

This is the passage, right?

Quote:
Yet Satan was not then destroyed. The angels did not even then understand all that was involved in the great controversy. The principles at stake were to be more fully revealed. And for the sake of man, Satan's existence must be continued. Man as well as angels must see the contrast between the Prince of light and the prince of darkness. He must choose whom he will serve. {DA 761.3}

If so, I don't see in this passage the things you're suggesting. This says the angels did not then understand all that was involved in the great controversy. It doesn't say they still had questions that only the 144,000 could resolve. I don't understand why you think this idea makes sense. The GC has to do with Satan's accusations against God, regarding His character. What could the 144,000 do to resolve angels' questions in this regards that Christ couldn't?

Quote:
M: The 144,000 will clear up the confusion. Also, do you suspect A&E would have settled the great controversy had they succeeded in Eden? If so, please explain how.

T: That the great controversy would have been settled by A&E was your idea. I've been asking you for quite some time now how this would have happened, but you've declined to address the question. Why are you asking me? Why not answer my question?

M:Do you think the great controversy could have ended at the cross so far as the angels were concerned?

If what you're asking is if the angels at this point in time were completely convinced that God was right and Satan was wrong, and were the eternally secure against rebellion at this time, then yes.

Quote:
If not, what exactly do you think it was the angels did not understand about it? Please cite inspired quotes to support your answer. Thank you. Also, you and I both agree Jesus’ death would not have been necessary had A&E succeeded in Eden. I realize, though, that you firmly believe A&E’s success wouldn’t have settled the great controversy so far as the angels were concerned.

No, I didn't say this. In fact, I very clearly said, at least twice, that this idea of yours (i.e. your idea that this is my idea) is incorrect.

Quote:
Your devotion to this idea, without knowing what else God could have done, is baffling.

It's baffling to me why you ignore what I say. Again, I said clearly, on at least two different occasions, that I was not saying that had A&E been successful that this would not have ended the Great Controversy. I have said nothing one way or the other. *You* made the claim, and I have been asking you to back up your claim. You still haven't answered my questions, though. Instead, you are "baffled" by positions I haven't taken, despite my making this clear repeatedly.

Quote:
M: Okay. But how do “you” envision things would have played out?

T: Somehow God would have devised a way to answer Satan's accusations. I don't know what God would have done.

M:What about the loyal FMAs in the meantime? Would they, including A&E, have been in peril and at risk of rebelling until God succeeded at proving His claims about Himself and disproving Satan’s accusations about Him?

I think they were waiting for a resolution. Satan had made claims, and the angels were forced to take sides. The onlooking worlds resisted Satan's temptations, and were watching from the sidelines. When man joined Satan, man became involved in the battle, earth became home ground for the controversy, and that's where the focus of attention has been. Had man also resisted, and there was no one on Satan's side besides the angels that joined him, I don't know how God would have proven His case, although it seems from the DA quote from "It Is Finished," the wheat and tares idea would have had to develop. That is, Satan needed to have time to develop the principles of his kingdom so they could be seen by all. Without man's involvement on his side, this would have had to have progressed in some other manner.

Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!