HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,617
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (Karen Y, Nadi, dedication, Kevin H, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,348 guests, and 23 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 6 39 40
Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: vastergotland] #129300
12/02/10 05:05 PM
12/02/10 05:05 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Kland, you didn't answer the following questions:

1. Why did Jesus command godly people like Moses, Joshua, Samuel, David, and Elijah to kill people?

Again, Jesus commanded godly people to kill ungodly people. He even commanded laws requiring and regulating the execution of capital punishment. In the past, you said commanding and legislating death was not Jesus' will or desire. Seems to me you believe the unholy expectations of God by Jew and Gentile alike forced Jesus to behave uncharacteristically of God. He was willing to compromise in order to win their respect and devotion long enough to wean them from killing people.

2. In light of this insight, do you think killing people in battle and executing capital punishment reflect the principles of God's kingdom or Satan's kingdom?

Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: Mountain Man] #129311
12/03/10 01:07 PM
12/03/10 01:07 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
1. I did. See #129266
2. Which do you think?

Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: kland] #129320
12/03/10 05:17 PM
12/03/10 05:17 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: kland
M: Why did Jesus command godly people like Moses, Joshua, Samuel, David, and Elijah to kill people?

K: See #129266

Here's what you wrote:

Originally Posted By: 129266
I believe he {Tom} believes very similar to what I believe and am shocked that you keep saying you have no idea what he believes when you find nothing else to respond to him with. What I understand Tom to believe is that we should look to Christ to see what God is like, although I understand you disagree with that idea. He does not believe that God uses the methods of Satan nor works with and directs him to destroy those who won't accept Him, nor in any way uses principles of Satan's kingdom. Often times, people refuse God's ideal for them. Rather than zapping them with fire, He works with them as much as they allow in order to bring them back to Him. Saying God works with people who refuses His ideal will is not saying that that is God's ideal will.

1. "You keep saying you have no idea what he believes when you find nothing else to respond to him with." I don't understand how this answers the questions I posted above.

2. "We should look to Christ to see what God is like." I don't understand how this answers the questions I posted above.

3. "He does not believe that God uses the methods of Satan nor works with and directs him to destroy those who won't accept Him, nor in any way uses principles of Satan's kingdom." I don't understand how this answers the questions I posted above.

4. "Often times, people refuse God's ideal for them. Rather than zapping them with fire, He works with them as much as they allow in order to bring them back to Him. Saying God works with people who refuses His ideal will is not saying that that is God's ideal will." I don't understand how this answers the questions I posted above.

M: Again, Jesus commanded godly people to kill ungodly people. He even commanded laws requiring and regulating the execution of capital punishment. In the past, you said commanding and legislating death was not Jesus' will or desire. Seems to me you believe the unholy expectations of God by Jew and Gentile alike forced Jesus to behave uncharacteristically of God. He was willing to compromise in order to win their respect and devotion long enough to wean them from killing people.

In light of this insight, do you think killing people in battle and executing capital punishment reflect the principles of God's kingdom or Satan's kingdom?

K: Which do you think?

When Jesus commanded His chosen children to kill His enemies in battle, He totally expected them to obey Him in every detail. Obedience is a principle of God's kingdom. When King Saul failed to obey Jesus' command to kill every man, woman, and child, Samuel was commanded to rebuke him and to kill King Agag. "Samuel hewed Agag in pieces before the LORD in Gilgal." Disobedience is a principle of Satan's kingdom.

Do you agree?

Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: Mountain Man] #129322
12/03/10 05:24 PM
12/03/10 05:24 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
We should look to Christ to see what God is like, although I understand you disagree with that idea.

Please post a quote[s] where I have written something that led you to believe I disagree with the idea we should look to Jesus to learn what the Father is like. Please bear in mind I believe Jesus demonstrated what the Father is like in both the OT and the NT.

Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: Mountain Man] #129395
12/06/10 03:53 PM
12/06/10 03:53 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Tom has directed you to this idea on multiple threads at multiple times. I have found no where you confirming that was correct, but instead listing contrary things. Maybe you could post a quote which shows you do agree with looking to Jesus when He came to live among the people to find out what God is like in the Old Testament.

Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: Mountain Man] #129397
12/06/10 04:04 PM
12/06/10 04:04 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man

When Jesus commanded His chosen children to kill His enemies in battle, He totally expected them to obey Him in every detail. Obedience is a principle of God's kingdom. When King Saul failed to obey Jesus' command to kill every man, woman, and child, Samuel was commanded to rebuke him and to kill King Agag. "Samuel hewed Agag in pieces before the LORD in Gilgal." Disobedience is a principle of Satan's kingdom.

Do you agree?

Do you agree that hacking people to pieces is a principle of Satan's kingdom?

Regarding to what you earlier said about compromise:
Is it possible to help someone out without compromising one's morals?

Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: kland] #129434
12/07/10 05:15 PM
12/07/10 05:15 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Tom has directed you to this idea on multiple threads at multiple times. I have found no where you confirming that was correct, but instead listing contrary things. Maybe you could post a quote which shows you do agree with looking to Jesus when He came to live among the people to find out what God is like in the Old Testament.

"The Saviour is revealed in the Old Testament as clearly as in the New." {DA 799.2} Do you agree? Or, do you get the impression God is angry and unlovely when you read the OT?

Quote:
Every part of the Bible is given by inspiration of God and is profitable. The Old Testament, no less than the New, should receive attention. As we study the Old Testament we shall find living springs bubbling up where the careless reader discerns only a desert. {CT 462.2}

The Old Testament sheds light upon the New, and the New upon the Old. Each is a revelation of the glory of God in Christ. Christ as manifested to the patriarchs, as symbolized in the sacrificial service, as portrayed in the law, and as revealed by the prophets is the riches of the Old Testament. Christ in His life, His death, and His resurrection; Christ as He is manifested by the Holy Spirit, is the treasure of the New. Both Old and New present truths that will continually reveal new depths of meaning to the earnest seeker. {CT 462.3}

The instruction given in the Old Testament Scriptures is as verily the word of Christ as the instruction in the New Testament. Christ was as verily man's Redeemer in the days when the Old Testament was written as He was when He appeared in the form of humanity. He gave those of ancient Israel just as favorable an opportunity of working out their own salvation as He did those who listened to His words. {12MR 301.1}

Through all Scripture, in both the Old and the New Testaments, Christ himself speaks; for he is the Word of God; and he who communicates his word is only the instrument of his power. {RH, February 12, 1889 par. 2}

It is impossible for them to understand what is truth, what is the sacred, and what is the common, only as they understand the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments. {FE 384.1}

The Lord Jesus is the model teacher, and he has given to the world the Old and New Testaments as a text-book. He who created our world, the Father and King of the heavenly world, knows just how to instruct the human family. {RH, July 3, 1900 par. 16}

The Old and the New Testament are inseparable, for both are the teachings of Christ. The doctrine of the Jews, who accept only the Old Testament, is not unto salvation, since they reject the Saviour whose life and ministry was a fulfillment of the law and the prophecies. And the doctrine of those who discard the Old Testament is not unto salvation, because it rejects that which is direct testimony of Christ. {5BC 1094.1}

Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: kland] #129435
12/07/10 05:34 PM
12/07/10 05:34 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: When Jesus commanded His chosen children to kill His enemies in battle, He totally expected them to obey Him in every detail. Obedience is a principle of God's kingdom. When King Saul failed to obey Jesus' command to kill every man, woman, and child, Samuel was commanded to rebuke him and to kill King Agag. "Samuel hewed Agag in pieces before the LORD in Gilgal." Disobedience is a principle of Satan's kingdom. Do you agree?

K: Do you agree that hacking people to pieces is a principle of Satan's kingdom

Yes. But you didn't address my comment and question. Do you believe Samuel was incorporating the principles of Satan's kingdom when he obeyed Jesus' command to hack Agag to pieces?

Regarding to what you earlier said about compromise: Is it possible to help someone out without compromising one's morals?

Yes. You realize, don't you, that I wasn't saying I believe Jesus compromised truth and principle when He commanded godly people to kill ungodly people and when He commanded rules and regulations regarding capital punishment?

Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: Mountain Man] #129436
12/07/10 05:37 PM
12/07/10 05:37 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: Why did Jesus command godly people like Moses, Joshua, Samuel, David, and Elijah to kill people?

K: See #129266

Here's what you wrote:

Originally Posted By: 129266
I believe he {Tom} believes very similar to what I believe and am shocked that you keep saying you have no idea what he believes when you find nothing else to respond to him with. What I understand Tom to believe is that we should look to Christ to see what God is like, although I understand you disagree with that idea. He does not believe that God uses the methods of Satan nor works with and directs him to destroy those who won't accept Him, nor in any way uses principles of Satan's kingdom. Often times, people refuse God's ideal for them. Rather than zapping them with fire, He works with them as much as they allow in order to bring them back to Him. Saying God works with people who refuses His ideal will is not saying that that is God's ideal will.

1. "You keep saying you have no idea what he believes when you find nothing else to respond to him with." I don't understand how this answers the question I posted above.

2. "We should look to Christ to see what God is like." I don't understand how this answers the question I posted above.

3. "He does not believe that God uses the methods of Satan nor works with and directs him to destroy those who won't accept Him, nor in any way uses principles of Satan's kingdom." I don't understand how this answers the question I posted above.

4. "Often times, people refuse God's ideal for them. Rather than zapping them with fire, He works with them as much as they allow in order to bring them back to Him. Saying God works with people who refuses His ideal will is not saying that that is God's ideal will." I don't understand how this answers the question I posted above.

PS - Why did Jesus command godly people like Moses, Joshua, Samuel, David, and Elijah to kill people?

Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: vastergotland] #129452
12/08/10 01:39 AM
12/08/10 01:39 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
T:When God permits someone to suffer, whether death, or destruction, or any other evil which is the fruit of sin, God is permitting something which He did not cause, nor is responsible for

R:But even if He does not cause the person's death, He would still be letting the person die, and this would still be against His principles.

Why? If we're talking about the first death, I don't see why you would think that allowing a person to die would be against God's principles. If you're talking about the second death, death is what those who die have chosen, so God allows them their choice. That's in harmony with the principle of free will.

Quote:
However, I consider that God is partly responsible for the death of the wicked at the lake of fire, as I believe that the resurrection of the wicked in order to be judged is a step that could be skipped.

I strongly disagree with this. I don't have time to elaborate right now, though. Will soon.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Page 4 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 6 39 40

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 07:26 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!