HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,638
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, TheophilusOne, 2 invisible), 3,232 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 25 1 2 21 22 23 24 25
Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: Tom] #129669
12/16/10 10:47 PM
12/16/10 10:47 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
So, now that your research and mine turned out opposing results, whence to?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: mtimber] #129676
12/16/10 11:24 PM
12/16/10 11:24 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: mtimber
MM: You said believers can be like Jesus. When does it happen?

MT: There are the stages of the Christian experience we have to go through which was given in the chronology of the Disciples experience.

It all relates to the Holy Spirit.

1. They walked with Jesus for 3 1/2 years, but did not have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

2. They received the "indwelling" of the Holy Spirit in the upper room, after Christ's ascencsion (the former rain).

3. They prayed and fasted for 40 days and were taught about the "kingdom of God" by Jesus (the indwelling of the Holy Spirit).

4. They then received the outpouring of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost (the latter rain), which was to give them power for evangelism.

Now most of our brethren are still in stage 1.

Some of us have moved to stage 2 & 3.

When we have learnt stage 3, we will be ready for stage 4.

The outpouring.

At that time, the Loud Cry swells and goes to the whole world.

So we have to figure out individually where we are and where we should be...

I've never heard anything like this before. It sounds like you're saying believers cannot be like Jesus until after 3 1/2 years and several more time consuming stages of growth. Where in the Bible and the SOP is this idea taught?

Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: Mountain Man] #129683
12/17/10 12:44 AM
12/17/10 12:44 AM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Thomas
So, now that your research and mine turned out opposing results, whence to?

I suggest looking into the 3 1/2 month drought.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: Tom] #129689
12/17/10 06:20 AM
12/17/10 06:20 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
The one occurring between the late rains and the early rains (if biblical terminology is used) and between "early" rains and "late" rains if teachinghearts.org terminology is used?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: vastergotland] #129700
12/17/10 09:03 PM
12/17/10 09:03 PM
Tom  Offline OP
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
The Hebrews had more than one season, which is what makes things confusing. It's like we have calendar years and fiscal years.

In terms of prophecy, the order of events is:

a.Early rain
b.3 1/2 month drought (become 3 1/2 years = 1260 days = 1260 years)
c.Latter rain (brings in the harvest)

The autumn to autumn year was used for this reckoning, which had a 3 1/2 month drought between the early and latter rain.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: Tom] #129703
12/17/10 10:27 PM
12/17/10 10:27 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Tom,

Lets try the biblical approach. Can you make your a-b-c case above by the bible?

Galatians 2

Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: Mountain Man] #129721
12/19/10 11:52 AM
12/19/10 11:52 AM
M
mtimber  Offline
Posting New Member
Cambs, Peterborough
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man

MT: There are the stages of the Christian experience we have to go through which was given in the chronology of the Disciples experience.

1. They walked with Jesus for 3 1/2 years, but did not have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

2. They received the "indwelling" of the Holy Spirit in the upper room, after Christ's ascencsion (the former rain).

3. They prayed and fasted for 40 days and were taught about the "kingdom of God" by Jesus (the indwelling of the Holy Spirit).

4. They then received the outpouring of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost (the latter rain), which was to give them power for evangelism.

Now most of our brethren are still in stage 1.

Some of us have moved to stage 2 & 3.

When we have learnt stage 3, we will be ready for stage 4.

The outpouring.

At that time, the Loud Cry swells and goes to the whole world.

So we have to figure out individually where we are and where we should be...

I've never heard anything like this before. It sounds like you're saying believers cannot be like Jesus until after 3 1/2 years and several more time consuming stages of growth. Where in the Bible and the SOP is this idea taught?

This is all biblical, no external sources.

It is relating to the disciples experience, which can be tracked.

Would you like me to point to the texts?

Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: mtimber] #129724
12/19/10 06:20 PM
12/19/10 06:20 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA

Now most of our brethren are still in stage 1. Some of us have moved to stage 2 & 3. When we have learnt stage 3, we will be ready for stage 4. The outpouring. At that time, the Loud Cry swells and goes to the whole world. So we have to figure out individually where we are and where we should be...

MM: I've never heard anything like this before. It sounds like you're saying believers cannot be like Jesus until after 3 1/2 years and several more time consuming stages of growth. Where in the Bible and the SOP is this idea taught?

MT: This is all biblical, no external sources. It is relating to the disciples experience, which can be tracked. Would you like me to point to the texts?

Mark, I'm fairly familiar with the disciples experience, but thank you for offering to post the texts. I guess what I'm asking is - Where in the Bible or the SOP does it say believers cannot be like Jesus until after 3 1/2 years and several more time consuming stages of growth? I am not aware of any texts which describe the "process of conversion" in this way. Seems to me that on the day of Pentecost thousands experienced rebirth. What do you think?

Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: Mountain Man] #129725
12/19/10 06:28 PM
12/19/10 06:28 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA

The official SDA position concerning the "latter rain" prophecy/experience makes it clear it hasn't happened yet. Do you agree with this position?

You might want to join the study on this link.

Re: Is there a relation between Christ's assumed human nature and rightesousness by faith? [Re: Mountain Man] #129737
12/20/10 09:13 AM
12/20/10 09:13 AM
M
mtimber  Offline
Posting New Member
Cambs, Peterborough
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man

Now most of our brethren are still in stage 1. Some of us have moved to stage 2 & 3. When we have learnt stage 3, we will be ready for stage 4. The outpouring. At that time, the Loud Cry swells and goes to the whole world. So we have to figure out individually where we are and where we should be...

MM: I've never heard anything like this before. It sounds like you're saying believers cannot be like Jesus until after 3 1/2 years and several more time consuming stages of growth. Where in the Bible and the SOP is this idea taught?

MT: This is all biblical, no external sources. It is relating to the disciples experience, which can be tracked. Would you like me to point to the texts?

Mark, I'm fairly familiar with the disciples experience, but thank you for offering to post the texts. I guess what I'm asking is - Where in the Bible or the SOP does it say believers cannot be like Jesus until after 3 1/2 years and several more time consuming stages of growth? I am not aware of any texts which describe the "process of conversion" in this way. Seems to me that on the day of Pentecost thousands experienced rebirth. What do you think?

I do not think it is a specific time period, rather a stage if that helps. :-)

This is the only detailed description we have of rebirth in the scripture.

The disciples did not have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit whilst they walked with Jesus.

They received that in the upper room after Jesus' ascenscion.

Yet they were walking with Jesus, but not converted.

They then spent 40 days praying and fasting, once they received the breath of life (confession and repentance), and education about the "indwelling" of the Holy Spirit.

Then at Pentecost they received the outpouring, specifically for evangelism.

I believe each of us goes through a similar experience, but not identical in length of time etc.

I hope that clarifies the point?

Mark

Page 23 of 25 1 2 21 22 23 24 25

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/19/24 01:25 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!