HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 40 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 39 40
Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: Mountain Man] #131121
02/21/11 06:48 PM
02/21/11 06:48 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: GC
To my view, acts are not defined by motives. Therefore, if the Pharisees gave, yes, those were "acts of giving," regardless of their reasons for having given. Even if they made a big pretense of it, and gave for the applause of men, it was still an "act of giving." Albeit, it may also have been an "act of pride." One act does not cancel another act. A motive may cancel the reward, however. God will reward each act, not on the basis of the act itself, but on the basis of the heart behind the act.

That is my perspective. What's yours?

I think it's often difficult to detach the motive from the act. There's a nice story that illustrates this. It goes something like this.

There was a man who started out on his quest for the holy grail, in Medieval times, who say a beggar, and, with arrogance and disdain, tossed him a coin, as the beggar was nobody, but he was a man starting a great and important task. Many years later, he returned in defeat, and saw the same beggar, and once again tossed him a coin, but this time his heart was in it, as he realized that he was no better than this man; the beggar turned into Jesus Christ, and the man on the quest found what he had been looking for.

In both cases we have the act of tossing a coin, but there are profound differences in the two cases.

Regarding your final sentence, you write:

Quote:
God will reward each act, not on the basis of the act itself, but on the basis of the heart behind the act.

I would express this so:

Quote:
God will reward each act, not merelyon the basis of the act itself, but on the basis of the heart behind the act.

That is, I agree with you that the heart behind the act is the crucial thing, but the act itself is also important.

It seems to me that there can be acts which are bad, regardless of the motive, but the converse is not true (i.e., there are no acts which are good, irrespective of the motive.) Do you agree?

It could be you may wish to express the concept I'm getting at differently, given your statement that you don't see acts as being defined by their motives. If that's the case, please feel free to do so. I think what I'm getting at is clear. I'm not trying to ask the question so that it's expressing things in a way you wouldn't agree with, but trying to see if you agree with the general concept I'm getting at.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: Tom] #131126
02/21/11 08:52 PM
02/21/11 08:52 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
So, coming back to an earlier point, your view would be that everything that a bad person does is bad, no matter what the actual deeds are? In other words, bad people cannot do even a single good thing, because since they are bad, the deed is infected by their impure motives, is that right?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: Green Cochoa] #131132
02/21/11 10:28 PM
02/21/11 10:28 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
So, coming back to an earlier point, your view would be that everything that a bad person does is bad, no matter what the actual deeds are? In other words, bad people cannot do even a single good thing, because since they are bad, the deed is infected by their impure motives, is that right?

I think we're all bad by nature, and can only do good things by the help of God. I think God is willing to help anybody, and that the Holy Spirit strives with all. Jesus Christ is the light that lightens every man that comes into the world.

If a person who does an act while striving against the Holy Spirit, then that act could be infected by their impure motives. If God is in no way involved, then the act could not be a good act. This is the way it seems to me.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: Tom] #131133
02/21/11 10:59 PM
02/21/11 10:59 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Tom

I think we're all bad by nature, and can only do good things by the help of God. I think God is willing to help anybody, and that the Holy Spirit strives with all. Jesus Christ is the light that lightens every man that comes into the world.

If a person who does an act while striving against the Holy Spirit, then that act could be infected by their impure motives. If God is in no way involved, then the act could not be a good act. This is the way it seems to me.

It looks like we may finally be coming to the answers I was looking for about fifty posts back. In response to one of your statements I had asked for clarification:
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Originally Posted By: Tom
If the act is a good act, then God was behind it.

Do you believe this is true 100% of the time?

To which you responded, at that time, noncommittally, so I followed up with this question:
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Considering Jesus' teaching for a moment, that we should deal our bread to the hungry, visit the sick and imprisoned, and clothe the naked, is God always behind such acts of kindness?

What the world might term "altruistic" and we might think of as "Christian," do these acts always come from above?

Do you think, Tom, that if a heathen did these things, it was, as Mrs. White referred to in Mike's quote above, prompted by the Holy Spirit? Do you think it would always be from God when acts of kindness or mercy such as these are done?

I'm using the word "always" here because I'm hoping to understand the principle of the matter in your mind. Some might accept "situational ethics" where there are no absolutes. Others tend to see things in black and white and for always. It has seemed to me that sometimes you tend toward the latter, considering your view that God does nothing to harm or punish people, but lets Satan work his woes as the natural course of sin. But other times it seems you present both sides as possibilities and I'm not sure I quite understand you correctly.

Do you have a firm stance on this? or do you tend to be more flexible and think that God might be able to execute harsh judgments and/or that the devil might be able to do some good things?

And now it seems you finally have an answer to these questions, in the form of, to summarize: Any act done "while striving against the Holy Spirit" is bad, because "If God is in no way involved, then the act could not be a good act."

That is a definitive statement. Thank you.

From that statement, it is then possible to get round to Mike's earlier discussion regarding bad people doing good things. Apparently, to your way of thinking, they cannot do good things.

For example, if a devil-led individual feeds the hungry, the act was bad on account of the source of their inspiration.

This is interesting. I may not agree, but I am glad to understand more clearly your perspective. Thank you for being clear.

God bless,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: Green Cochoa] #131149
02/22/11 08:12 AM
02/22/11 08:12 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
From that statement, it is then possible to get round to Mike's earlier discussion regarding bad people doing good things. Apparently, to your way of thinking, they cannot do good things.

I don't see what I said that would lead you to this conclusion. I wrote:

Quote:

Is there something here you're disagreeing with? If so, what? And why? Also, what of what I wrote here would lead you to conclude, "Apparently, to your way of thinking, they cannot do good things."?

I said that without God, one cannot do good things, and also that God is striving with all, as well as that an act committed while striving against the Holy Spirit would not be a good act. I don't understand how, from these statements, you would conclude that "they" cannot do good things. What was your logic please?

You wrote:

Quote:
T:If the act is a good act, then God was behind it.

GC:Do you believe this is true 100% of the time?

To which you responded, at that time, noncommittally, so I followed up with this question:

I believe I reaffirmed the statement I made several times. Indeed, isn't my statement, "If God is in no way involved, then the act could not be a good act," simply a paraphrase of the same idea?

Do you disagree with this point? Do you believe that we human beings, with our sinful natures, are capable of doing good acts without God being involved? In reviewing this tread, I see that you've questioned me regarding this, but I don't recall your making a direct statement.

Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: Tom] #131150
02/22/11 11:52 AM
02/22/11 11:52 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Tom,

Perhaps I am much better acquainted with non-Christian peoples than you have had opportunity for. I always think of them in discussions like this. I have a great many dear friends who do not believe in God at all. They are not Christians. They have their own religions, such as Buddhism or Taoism, etc., but some of my dearest friends have plainly told me that they have no interest in Christianity.

Yet these people do good things. They are good people. Some of them are more "Christian" than the "Christians" I know.

That is why my definitions of good acts versus bad acts may be shaped a little differently than yours. You said "If God is in no way involved, then the act could not be a good act." But I can name examples for you, even Biblical ones, where people led of the devil have done good things.

Philanthropists can be spiritualists. Wineries can, and have at times, give generous contributions to charitable causes, or even the church. (We are told by Mrs. White not to accept their "blood money," but that is another matter.)

The act may be good. But the motive is not. As such, God does not accept it. However, this does not change the nature of the act itself, only the worth of it. This is my view.

Consider the parable that Jesus told about the man with two sons.
Originally Posted By: Jesus
But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard. (Matthew 21:28)

He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went. (Matthew 21:29)

And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not. (Matthew 21:30)

Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you. (Matthew 21:31)

Who was good according to His parable? The religious leaders? or the prostitutes? Which was commended here in the story? Motives, or acts?

It seems that the one who did the work, albeit reluctantly, is more highly commended than the one who was happy to do it, but did it not. There are some lessons here on the value of the deed itself. There are also lessons here on the importance of repentance in spite of past wrongs.

It is my view that acts can be good acts even though the motives are impure. Also motives can be good motives even though the acts are not good. Motives and acts are distinct from each other.

However, the best is to have both good motives and good acts together. This is the most acceptable to God. Secondarily, I believe God accepts as our best service even our imperfect acts or motives if we have done our best to try to please Him.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: Green Cochoa] #131152
02/22/11 03:23 PM
02/22/11 03:23 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
GC, perhaps this question may help you understand what Tom is saying: Do bad people always strive against the Holy Spirit?

Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: kland] #131159
02/22/11 10:19 PM
02/22/11 10:19 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
GC, thank you for your detailed response. It's given me food for thought, which is appreciated.

Here are a couple of points that we agree on:

Quote:
However, the best is to have both good motives and good acts together. This is the most acceptable to God.

I've said this several times in this thread.

Quote:
Yet these people do good things. They are good people. Some of them are more "Christian" than the "Christians" I know.

I agree with this, and have been coming from this perspective. (However, I believe these people do good things because they are responding to the Holy Spirit, a point regarding which we appear to disagree.)

Where we appear to disagree in our definition of what a "good act" is. To your way of thinking, the motive is distinct from the act, whereas to mine, the act encompasses the motive. So I would not characterize the Pharisees giving offers to the temple as a good act, for example.

I looked around in the SOP a bit, and this was the closest thing that addressed the points I've been trying to make.

Quote:
The Saviour called His disciples to Him, and bade them mark the widow's poverty. Then His words of commendation fell upon her ear: "Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all." Tears of joy filled her eyes as she felt that her act was understood and appreciated. Many would have advised her to keep her pittance for her own use; given into the hands of the well-fed priests, it would be lost sight of among the many costly gifts brought to the treasury. But Jesus understood her motive. She believed the service of the temple to be of God's appointment, and she was anxious to do her utmost to sustain it. She did what she could, and her act was to be a monument to her memory through all time, and her joy in eternity. Her heart went with her gift; its value was estimated, not by the worth of the coin, but by the love to God and the interest in His work that had prompted the deed. {CS 175.1}

Jesus said of the poor widow, She "hath cast in more than they all." The rich had bestowed from their abundance, many of them to be seen and honored by men. Their large donations had deprived them of no comfort, or even luxury; they had required no sacrifice, and could not be compared in value with the widow's mite. {CS 175.2}

It is the motive that gives character to our acts, stamping them with ignominy or with high moral worth. Not the great things which every eye sees and every tongue praises does God account most precious. The little duties cheerfully done, the little gifts which make no show, and which to human eyes may appear worthless, often stand highest in His sight. A heart of faith and love is dearer to God than the most costly gift. {CS 175.3}

In particular:

Quote:
It is the motive that gives character to our acts, stamping them with ignominy or with high moral worth.

Given this statement, it doesn't appear to me that an act can be "good" independent of our motive, since it is our motive that "gives character" to our act (which seems to be meaning it determines whether it is "good" or not).

Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: Tom] #131160
02/23/11 12:00 AM
02/23/11 12:00 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Those are good points, Tom, yet I might point out that the "character" of an act is still not the act itself. Even in this association, we see two distinct parts.

A real conundrum that would merit some study in relationship to this has to do with the prophet who prophesied against Jeroboam's altar, and then the other "prophet" who invited him home to eat. Was it good to feed the hungry prophet? Was it good to lie to him? Yet in the end, as the story goes, it seems the second prophet has taken the "high road." He then condemns the first prophet, whilst at the same time affirming the veracity of his message--and taking on the role of a true prophet himself.

Meanwhile, and this touches on the original topic for this thread, God has arranged the death of the first prophet for having disobeyed Him. Not an ordinary death. Not the sort of death that one would easily account to the devil as having been in charge of. No, this is an unusual one, in which a lion specifically targets the prophet and then guards his body harmlessly, without eating, while animals and people pass by and gawk.

I don't know why the devil would choose to lend credence to the honor of one of God's messengers by inspiring a lion to give such a testimony. It is clearly, as the Bible says, the Lord's own doing.

Originally Posted By: The Bible
And when the prophet that brought him back from the way heard thereof, he said, It is the man of God, who was disobedient unto the word of the LORD: therefore the LORD hath delivered him unto the lion, which hath torn him, and slain him, according to the word of the LORD, which he spake unto him. (1 Kings 13:26)

The prophet had been deceived by the other "prophet," who claimed to have instructions from God for him. The prophet's motives were pure. But he was simply mistaken in his act, and did not follow the original course. And does not God sometimes change our course? Sometimes new instructions come, and we are led a different direction. I've experienced this in my life more than once. And does not God use others to communicate with us at times? Perhaps the prophet was already acquainted with the other prophet, and supposed him to be a true man of God. How was he to know that this was not God's message for him to go and eat at the man's house? (At my present age and maturity I would never have accepted the dinner invitation. However, in my younger years I was much less self-confident and more gullible and vulnerable. Perhaps this was just a young prophet in tender youth.) We simply do not know all of what went on in the poor prophet's mind. But God is not to be trifled with. That much is clear. And here, it was the act that counted most, above any motive that may have been present.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: "God destroys no man" explained [Re: Green Cochoa] #131162
02/23/11 12:56 AM
02/23/11 12:56 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Those are good points, Tom, yet I might point out that the "character" of an act is still not the act itself. Even in this association, we see two distinct parts.

If the motive gives character to an act, then the character is an attribute of the act. An attribute of something, and the thing itself, cannot be spoken of as "two distinct parts."

Quote:
A real conundrum that would merit some study in relationship to this has to do with the prophet who prophesied against Jeroboam's altar, and then the other "prophet" who invited him home to eat. Was it good to feed the hungry prophet? Was it good to lie to him? Yet in the end, as the story goes, it seems the second prophet has taken the "high road." He then condemns the first prophet, whilst at the same time affirming the veracity of his message--and taking on the role of a true prophet himself.

Meanwhile, and this touches on the original topic for this thread, God has arranged the death of the first prophet for having disobeyed Him. Not an ordinary death. Not the sort of death that one would easily account to the devil as having been in charge of. No, this is an unusual one, in which a lion specifically targets the prophet and then guards his body harmlessly, without eating, while animals and people pass by and gawk.

I don't know why the devil would choose to lend credence to the honor of one of God's messengers by inspiring a lion to give such a testimony. It is clearly, as the Bible says, the Lord's own doing.

To interpret things this way, one would have to have the idea that God's character is such that He would do such a thing. Reading certain accounts in the Old Testament, one could certainly get the impression that God would do something like this, and even much worse things. But when considering the revelation of Jesus Christ, whose "whole purpose" in His earthly mission was "the revelation of God," one could hardly arrive at such a conclusion, it seems clear to me.

There's a disconnect between how we read the Old Testament, and the revelation of Jesus Christ. How should we determine what God's character is really like? Do we take what Jesus Christ lived and taught as the complete picture? Or a partial picture, which needs to be supplemented?

This to me seems the crux of the issue.

EGW, speaking of Christ's earthly mission, wrote that all that we can know of God was revealed in the life and character of His Son. This is how I read the New Testament witness as well. In times past, God communicated to us in different way, but now He has spoken to us through His Son. No one has seen God at any time, but His only Son, who knew Him best, has shown us what God was really like.

Until Christ came, we didn't know what God was really like. We thought He was one way, when He was really another. Even angels were amazed by the revelation of Christ.

Quote:
But God is not to be trifled with. That much is clear. And here, it was the act that counted most, above any motive that may have been present.

It seems to me this is the wrong lesson to be drawn. Rather than the idea that God is not to be trifled with, the lesson is that Satan is not to be trifled with. Satan is the devouring lion that destroys, not God. We need protection from him, not from God.

When the prophet departed from the word of the Lord, he lost God's protection from the devouring lion. It's the same principle that took place in the destruction of Jerusalem.

Quote:
The Jews had forged their own fetters; they had filled for themselves the cup of vengeance. In the utter destruction that befell them as a nation, and in all the woes that followed them in their dispersion, they were but reaping the harvest which their own hands had sown. Says the prophet: "O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself;" "for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity." Hosea 13:9; 14:1. Their sufferings are often represented as a punishment visited upon them by the direct decree of God. It is thus that the great deceiver seeks to conceal his own work. By stubborn rejection of divine love and mercy, the Jews had caused the protection of God to be withdrawn from them, and Satan was permitted to rule them according to his will.(GC 37)

As to why Satan does things like this, the answer is easy. Misrepresenting God's character is his most effective means of fighting the Great Controversy.

Quote:
He sought to gain control of heavenly beings, to draw them away from their Creator, and to win their homage to himself. Therefore he misrepresented God, attributing to Him the desire for self-exaltation. With his own evil characteristics he sought to invest the loving Creator. Thus he deceived angels. Thus he deceived men. (DA 21)

Page 20 of 40 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 39 40

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!