HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,601
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,952 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 82 of 105 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 104 105
Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: kland] #133019
04/28/11 02:39 PM
04/28/11 02:39 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Originally Posted By: kland
Quote:
(actually “indifferently”) continue to seek to impinge me with ‘having a violent/force view, and for, God’. LOL!)
Could you give an example of a view that would be a violent/force view, and for, God?

I thought this was made clear in the discussions with Tom, (at least from what he “noticed/recalled” to respond to):

-Since I first posted it, my “War in Heaven” blog post Theological View;
-The Inevitable Ten Plague, retributive Judgement
-The 2 Clearing/Cleansings of the Temple by Jesus;
-The “days” even “age” lasting of the wicked in Hell’s Fire;
-God wanting to punish Israel for their sins and thus acting to send a swarm of venomous serpents to immediately, and at a large scale, achieve that punishment;
-Christ’s Great Wish in Luke 12:49;
-Christ’s Ministry-wide designings against the Jewish leaders (cf. Matt 13:10-17 = Isa 6:9-13);
etc.

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: NJK Project] #133030
04/28/11 09:13 PM
04/28/11 09:13 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Quote:
You’re the one who chose to unbelievingly, extraneous parenthetical, truncate my explanation of the steps involved to simply ‘copy and paste’.
I wish there was a way to make notes on these forums. I'll try to remember, but MM wants the whole quote quoted rather than the relevant portion and now it looks like you do to.

So for MM and NJK:
Click to reveal..
Originally Posted By: NJK Project
kland: No, I am not familiar with the Bibleworks interface. Why did you assume I was? I went back and read what you wrote and maybe your verbosity, with which you seem to have no issue in reducing the amount of time spent doing it, and making it harder for others to read and comprehend what you are saying (much like this statement with phrases within phrases), got in the way from you saying you copy and paste in a different way than normal people do. Why, I still do not know. What is so unusual of this interface which makes it so cumbersome to use?

NJK: -“If” is for a conditional statement, and not a ‘believed assumption.’ I certainly, for manifested reasons, do not see a need to presume that you are experientially familiar with Bibleworks, the leading exegetical Biblical software resource.

-For the sake of my time I’ll skip detailing what is involved in copying from Bibleworks, especially as this here will not make difference in my opting not to include texts or not.

I understand conditional sentences. Except I was referring to your previous statement, or lack thereof, of your assumption that I was familiar with it. Now that you have confirmed that I am indeed not familiar with it, why do you not explain why this software is so much harder to use. It would save you precious time from having to read yet another request for the same thing. Instead, you come across as puffed up.

With nothing more to go on, I suspect you need to take a computer course on how to copy and paste.

Quote:
And after such an elaborate intervention for kland’s view which he did not bother to defend, what makes you think that your right. Perhaps kland realized that it was a moot point following my provided exegetical element.
Perhaps kland had no comprehension, and certainly saw no sign of exegetical, of what you were talking about and figured it was another tactic to blow him off since he had made a good point and you had nothing with which to object to it.

You’re the one who chose to unbelievingly (as if I am so defeated by you that I need to lie to you, LOL) truncate my explanation of the steps involved to simply ‘copy and paste’. Hence my: “If you’re familiar...” (or it should have been: ‘If you were familiar...’). And if making this request so bothers you, then don’t ask it again. Like I said, it won’t change anything. (And... and I can’t believe I am even remotely honoring this ignorant statement of yours, a “course in copy/pasting” won’t help. In fact the more formal way of copying a pasting in Bibleworkis more time consuming, and is actually better for the copying of large amounts of varying texts and/or from various Bible versions.)

By the way, I actually don’t see that ‘you had made a good point.’ Most of them are irrational and illogical to me, particular as they are usually hypothetical and that based on false realities. So that assumption of yours here is only your personal esteem of your statements.

Now everyone else can join in:
Quote:
my explanation of the steps involved to simply ‘copy and paste’.
I wasn't asking what the steps were as you explained how cumbersome it was. I was asking, why? Why isn't it normal? If it isn't normal, maybe it's not so great of software. But seriously, I would be surprised that you can't do a normal copy and paste. Have you tried? I would have hoped so. Is it a Windows program and are you using Windows?

Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: NJK Project] #133031
04/28/11 09:17 PM
04/28/11 09:17 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Quote:
(actually “indifferently”) continue to seek to impinge me with ‘having a violent/force view, and for, God’. LOL!)
Could you give an example of a view that would be a violent/force view, and for, God?

I thought this was made clear in the discussions with Tom, (at least from what he “noticed/recalled” to respond to):

-God wanting to punish Israel for their sins and thus acting to send a swarm of venomous serpents to immediately, and at a large scale, achieve that punishment;
-Christ’s Ministry-wide designings against the Jewish leaders (cf. Matt 13:10-17 = Isa 6:9-13);
etc.
So do you or not have a violent/force view, and for, God? Because I thought that was what he was saying you had of God. If you don't believe your view is a violent/force view, then could you give an example of a view that would be a violent/force view, and for, God?

Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: kland] #133033
04/28/11 09:38 PM
04/28/11 09:38 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Quote:
You’re the one who chose to unbelievingly, extraneous parenthetical, truncate my explanation of the steps involved to simply ‘copy and paste’.
I wish there was a way to make notes on these forums. I'll try to remember, but MM wants the whole quote quoted rather than the relevant portion and now it looks like you do to.

So for MM and NJK:
Click to reveal..
kland: No, I am not familiar with the Bibleworks interface. Why did you assume I was? I went back and read what you wrote and maybe your verbosity, with which you seem to have no issue in reducing the amount of time spent doing it, and making it harder for others to read and comprehend what you are saying (much like this statement with phrases within phrases), got in the way from you saying you copy and paste in a different way than normal people do. Why, I still do not know. What is so unusual of this interface which makes it so cumbersome to use?

NJK: -“If” is for a conditional statement, and not a ‘believed assumption.’ I certainly, for manifested reasons, do not see a need to presume that you are experientially familiar with Bibleworks, the leading exegetical Biblical software resource.

-For the sake of my time I’ll skip detailing what is involved in copying from Bibleworks, especially as this here will not make difference in my opting not to include texts or not.

I understand conditional sentences. Except I was referring to your previous statement, or lack thereof, of your assumption that I was familiar with it. Now that you have confirmed that I am indeed not familiar with it, why do you not explain why this software is so much harder to use. It would save you precious time from having to read yet another request for the same thing. Instead, you come across as puffed up.

With nothing more to go on, I suspect you need to take a computer course on how to copy and paste.

Quote:
And after such an elaborate intervention for kland’s view which he did not bother to defend, what makes you think that your right. Perhaps kland realized that it was a moot point following my provided exegetical element.
Perhaps kland had no comprehension, and certainly saw no sign of exegetical, of what you were talking about and figured it was another tactic to blow him off since he had made a good point and you had nothing with which to object to it.

You’re the one who chose to unbelievingly (as if I am so defeated by you that I need to lie to you, LOL) truncate my explanation of the steps involved to simply ‘copy and paste’. Hence my: “If you’re familiar...” (or it should have been: ‘If you were familiar...’). And if making this request so bothers you, then don’t ask it again. Like I said, it won’t change anything. (And... and I can’t believe I am even remotely honoring this ignorant statement of yours, a “course in copy/pasting” won’t help. In fact the more formal way of copying a pasting in Bibleworkis more time consuming, and is actually better for the copying of large amounts of varying texts and/or from various Bible versions.)

By the way, I actually don’t see that ‘you had made a good point.’ Most of them are irrational and illogical to me, particular as they are usually hypothetical and that based on false realities. So that assumption of yours here is only your personal esteem of your statements.

Now everyone else can join in:
Quote:
my explanation of the steps involved to simply ‘copy and paste’.
I wasn't asking what the steps were as you explained how cumbersome it was. I was asking, why? Why isn't it normal? If it isn't normal, maybe it's not so great of software. But seriously, I would be surprised that you can't do a normal copy and paste. Have you tried? I would have hoped so. Is it a Windows program and are you using Windows?

(Factually spurious justifying attempt (backtrack to initial post), and a waste of my time.)

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: kland] #133034
04/28/11 09:42 PM
04/28/11 09:42 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Quote:

etc.

So do you or not have a violent/force view, and for, God? Because I thought that was what he was saying you had of God. If you don't believe your view is a violent/force view, then could you give an example of a view that would be a violent/force view, and for, God?

In the sense that God uses force (“violence”) to compel people to obey him “NO”

In the sense that God uses force (“violence”) to effectuate a judgement/punishment, (as in my examples cited) which itself is fully deserved and just then “Yes”.

In Tom’s view, God can’t do such judgement acts in any way as that would be “evil”. Ironically enough, it is actually only “evil” (not in regards to God as actually He never has been required to curtail His '"passion" for truth' in order to be merciful towards sinners) when God just lets Satan freely and fully have his way.

I understand EGW statement in GC 35.3 to mean that God does not force (i.e., by a freewill violating decree) people who otherwise would not, experience a judgement. Their own waywardness brought that judgement upon them. Satan however tries to make it seem that the people who are suffering have done nothing to deserve this and this is just an unjust act of God. However I don’t see this to mean that God will never work/design to have that distinctly deserved punishment to come to pass, even if it is by simply withdrawing his protection. So it is again when he allows Satan to have full control that Satan could act wantonly and of course unmercifully and therein cause these people to receive specific undeserved punishments.

Indeed EGW’s “forging your fetters” implying ‘making yourself remain in jail for a wrong more than you should have’ and also “filling the cup of vengeance’ involves/implies this cup (God’s cup Jer 25:15; Rev 14:10; cf. 16:19) had always been there and the wine in it is actually the wrong doer’s own deserved concoction. So God does not have to invent an irrelevant method of punishment. Even in e.g, the Sodom and Gomorrah destruction, it was a type of people “burning in their (fleshly) desire” (Rom 1:27) and thus reaping what the full effect of that behavior when God will cast all sinners in Hell Fire who could, at a certain point, also be naturally self-combustedly destroyed by just His Presence.

Last edited by NJK Project; 04/28/11 10:06 PM.

Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: NJK Project] #133040
04/29/11 03:00 PM
04/29/11 03:00 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Click to reveal..

[quote=kland]
Quote:

etc.

In the sense that God uses force (“violence”) to compel people to obey him “NO”

In the sense that God uses force (“violence”) to effectuate a judgement/punishment, (as in my examples cited) which itself is fully deserved and just then “Yes”.

In Tom’s view, God can’t do such judgement acts in any way as that would be “evil”. Ironically enough, it is actually only “evil” (not in regards to God as actually He never has been required to curtail His '"passion" for truth' in order to be merciful towards sinners) when God just lets Satan freely and fully have his way.

I understand EGW statement in GC 35.3 to mean that God does not force (i.e., by a freewill violating decree) people who otherwise would not, experience a judgement. Their own waywardness brought that judgement upon them. Satan however tries to make it seem that the people who are suffering have done nothing to deserve this and this is just an unjust act of God. However I don’t see this to mean that God will never work/design to have that distinctly deserved punishment to come to pass, even if it is by simply withdrawing his protection. So it is again when he allows Satan to have full control that Satan could act wantonly and of course unmercifully and therein cause these people to receive specific undeserved punishments.

Indeed EGW’s “forging your fetters” implying ‘making yourself remain in jail for a wrong more than you should have’ and also “filling the cup of vengeance’ involves/implies this cup (God’s cup Jer 25:15; Rev 14:10; cf. 16:19) had always been there and the wine in it is actually the wrong doer’s own deserved concoction. So God does not have to invent an irrelevant method of punishment. Even in e.g, the Sodom and Gomorrah destruction, it was a type of people “burning in their (fleshly) desire” (Rom 1:27) and thus reaping what the full effect of that behavior when God will cast all sinners in Hell Fire who could, at a certain point, also be naturally self-combustedly destroyed by just His Presence.
[/quote]

Quote:
I understand EGW statement in GC 35.3 to mean that God does not force...people who otherwise would not, experience a judgement.

, even if it is by simply withdrawing his protection. So it is again when he allows Satan to have full control
How do you see this different than what Tom has been saying?

Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: kland] #133041
04/29/11 03:01 PM
04/29/11 03:01 PM
Mountain Man  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: Also, do you think the father teaching his son how to hunt humanely is the same thing as Jesus commanding Moses to stone to death the Sabbath-breaker and the blasphemer? Is hunting animals and killing humans equal in the eyes of God? Did the father command his son to hunt humanely?

K: Why do you think that is what Tom is comparing?

What did Tom say? Please include the entire exchange. Thank you.

Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: kland] #133043
04/29/11 04:55 PM
04/29/11 04:55 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Originally Posted By: NJK Project (originally partially quoted by kland)
I understand EGW statement in GC 35.3 to mean that God does not force...people who otherwise would not, experience a judgement.

, even if it is by simply withdrawing his protection. So it is again when he allows Satan to have full control

For all of the reasons that you spuriously selectively left out in your shoddy quoting!!? Rather than arbitrarily and uniformedly leaving out texts which distort my statement, why don’t you just quote the whole thing and highlight the text that you want to have considered however leaving them in their defining context. Indeed your editing really has no beneficial worthwhileness other than revealing your actual attitude here.* And even if you don’t agree with and/or want to accept my, even parenthetically, supplied explanation it does not give you the discretionary authority to excise/correct them to have your own version of reality.

*Indeed you are really something else kland. And your manifest utter obliviousness to this really is even moreoverly “taking the cake”. I perceive and inherent, default and fundamental rebelliousness to anything that claims to be authoritative above humanistic reasoning. At the very least, do allow other people, or at least me to speak for myself and according to my view. With those methods of yours it is really hard for me to figure out if your being sincere and honest in your objections and question, or actually just vexatiously, impishly mischievous, and thus if it is even worthwhile to take you seriously.

So after re-reading all that I had collectively said in regards to this issue, if you then have a valid and realistic objection vs. your spuriously manufactured ones, them I’ll respond to it.

(And what’s with the “Yikes my eyes” quip, let alone the calculated push-bottom gimmick??? Is it referring to content or format. Why not simply and straightforwardly say so rather than make these ambiguously vacuous statements.?!!)

Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: NJK Project] #133046
04/29/11 08:51 PM
04/29/11 08:51 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Click to reveal.. (NJK)

For all of the reasons that you spuriously selectively left out in your shoddy quoting!!? Rather than arbitrarily and uniformedly leaving out texts which distort my statement, why don’t you just quote the whole thing and highlight the text that you want to have considered however leaving them in their defining context. Indeed your editing really has no beneficial worthwhileness other than revealing your actual attitude here.* And even if you don’t agree with and/or want to accept my, even parenthetically, supplied explanation it does not give you the discretionary authority to excise/correct them to have your own version of reality.

*Indeed you are really something else kland. And your manifest utter obliviousness to this really is even moreoverly “taking the cake”. I perceive and inherent, default and fundamental rebelliousness to anything that claims to be authoritative above humanistic reasoning. At the very least, do allow other people, or at least me to speak for myself and according to my view. With those methods of yours it is really hard for me to figure out if your being sincere and honest in your objections and question, or actually just vexatiously, impishly mischievous, and thus if it is even worthwhile to take you seriously.

So after re-reading all that I had collectively said in regards to this issue, if you then have a valid and realistic objection vs. your spuriously manufactured ones, them I’ll respond to it.

(And what’s with the “Yikes my eyes” quip, let alone the calculated push-bottom gimmick??? Is it referring to content or format. Why not simply and straightforwardly say so rather than make these ambiguously vacuous statements.?!!)

[/quote]

Quote:
spuriously selectively left out in your shoddy quoting
I don't believe I left out anything. What did I leave out?

Re: Why did God command people to stone, scorch, and smite sinners to death? [Re: kland] #133049
04/29/11 10:45 PM
04/29/11 10:45 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Quote:
Click to reveal.. (NJK)

Quote:
spuriously selectively left out in your shoddy quoting
I don't believe I left out anything. What did I leave out?

Seriously kland... ‘you didn’t leave out anything in your quoting’????

Page 82 of 105 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 104 105

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 04/29/24 09:07 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!