HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,401 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Re: Behold the Lamb #13299
05/10/05 01:04 PM
05/10/05 01:04 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
quote:
The wicked suffer in proportion to how well they knew the truth. The more truth they knew, the more painful beholding the lamb will be.
Of course the punishment will be proportional to the light received, but the duration of their punishment will be decided at the judgment during the millennium, characterizing an imposed punishment.
quote:
The corporate forensic justification of Christ comes into play in this life.
What is this corporate forensic justification and what is its purpose?

Re: Behold the Lamb #13300
05/10/05 11:03 PM
05/10/05 11:03 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
The title of this topic is Behold the Lamb.

In what way are you all actually beholding the Lamb in this topic?

In other words, what is your focus on beholding the Lamb in this topic?

As a Saviour, as a Judge, as a wrathful God, or all of these?

Re: Behold the Lamb #13301
05/13/05 02:08 AM
05/13/05 02:08 AM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
When I think of beholding the lamb, I think of him as Savior and Judge.

This in context of him who said it:

Joh 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Re: Behold the Lamb #13302
05/14/05 11:39 PM
05/14/05 11:39 PM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
When I "Behold the Lamb", I also see that he came to dispel the image of a "wrathful God".

Re: Behold the Lamb #13303
05/15/05 01:14 AM
05/15/05 01:14 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Psalm 18 says:

25 With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright; 26 With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward.

This illustrates the principle that our own character impacts how we perceive God. If we are merciful, we will perceive Him as merciful. If we are froward (crooked) we will perceive Him in as froward.

We see many examples of this in the threads here. We are all looking at the same evidence (Bible and Spirit of Prophesy), yet we see totally different things. What is the wrath of God? What is the atonement? Very different pictures of God emerge from the posts written on this subject.

When John was in heaven, he was told noone could open the scroll except for the Lion from the tribe of Judah. He looked and looked and couldn't find a lion. He finally saw a lamb. Aha! That's who they were talking about! It's not a lion, but a lamb.

This is one of my favorite depictions in Scripture. John's perception of Christ was a lamb slain whereas those speaking to him saw Him as a lion. This is an example of the principle that our character and experience shape our perception of God's character.

Re: Behold the Lamb #13304
05/15/05 03:54 AM
05/15/05 03:54 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Old Tom: The wicked suffer in proportion to how well they knew the truth. The more truth they knew, the more painful beholding the lamb will be.

R: Of course the punishment will be proportional to the light received, but the duration of their punishment will be decided at the judgment during the millennium, characterizing an imposed punishment.

Tom: No, it's decided now. It's determined by the light rejected. It's not an arbitrary determination on the part of God, as if the rejection of light had nothing to do with the suffering the wicked will endure in the end, but it's that very rejection which determines the suffering.

For example, when Adam and Eve sinned in Eden, they fled God's presence. They were uncomfortable around Him. The moneychangers ran from Christ.

quote:

Overpowered with terror, the priests and rulers had fled from the temple court, and from the searching glance that read their hearts. In their flight they met others on their way to the temple, and bade them turn back, telling them what they had seen and heard. Christ looked upon the fleeing men with yearning pity for their fear, and their ignorance of what constituted true worship. (DA 162)

The principle of selfishness cannot abide with self-sacrificing love. It's very uncomfortable to be in God's presence in a state of unbelief. To sin, wherever it is found, God is a consuming fire.

Here is the principle again:

quote:

Could those whose lives have been spent in rebellion against God be suddenly transported to heaven and witness the high, the holy state of perfection that ever exists there,-- every soul filled with love, every countenance beaming with joy, enrapturing music in melodious strains rising in honor of God and the Lamb, and ceaseless streams of light flowing upon the redeemed from the face of Him who sitteth upon the throne,--could those whose hearts are filled with hatred of God, of truth and holiness, mingle with the heavenly throng and join their songs of praise? Could they endure the glory of God and the Lamb?

No, no; years of probation were granted them, that they might form characters for heaven; but they have never trained the mind to love purity; they have never learned the language of heaven, and now it is too late. A life of rebellion against God has unfitted them for heaven. [u]Its purity, holiness, and peace would be torture to them; the glory of God would be a consuming fire. They would long to flee from that holy place. They would welcome destruction, that they might be hidden from the face of Him who died to redeem them.[/u] The destiny of the wicked is fixed by their own choice. Their exclusion from heaven is voluntary with themselves, and just and merciful on the part of God. (GC 542)

Old Tom:The corporate forensic justification of Christ comes into play in this life.

R: What is this corporate forensic justification and what is its purpose?

Tom: The principle of corporate forensice justification is that God treats all people as if they had never sinned. By the gift of Christ, God's grace is communicated to all. All live physically by virture of God's grace manifest in Christ.

quote:
Our Lord has said, "Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink His blood, ye have no life in you. . . . For My flesh is meat indeed, and My blood is drink indeed." John 6:53-55. This is true of our physical nature. To the death of Christ we owe even this earthly life. The bread we eat is the purchase of His broken body. The water we drink is bought by His spilled blood. Never one, saint or sinner, eats his daily food, but he is nourished by the body and the blood of Christ. The cross of Calvary is stamped on every loaf. It is reflected in every water spring. (DA 660)
Because of God's grace, those who reject the Holy Spirit's invitations do not feel the result of God's agape against their sin. In the judgment, they will come face to face with God, and the light of His glory, which gives life to the righteous, will cause them pain, suffering, and ultimately death. It's not an arbitrary imposition on the part of God, but the inevitable consequence of sin coming face to face with God's glory apart from the healing which takes place in Christ.

Re: Behold the Lamb #13305
05/15/05 12:58 PM
05/15/05 12:58 PM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
quote:
Psalm 18:25 With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright; 26 With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward.

This illustrates the principle that our own character impacts how we perceive God. If we are merciful, we will perceive Him as merciful. If we are froward (crooked) we will perceive Him in as froward.

Therefore, it is vital that we allow the revelation of God in the face of Jesus to do its work in us, so that we may behold him as he is, rather than see him as we are.

Re: Behold the Lamb #13306
05/15/05 01:02 PM
05/15/05 01:02 PM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
Joh 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
Joh 18:38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.

Do we see the truth as it is in Jesus?
Do we still expect his servants to fight at the end of time?

Re: Behold the Lamb #13307
05/15/05 09:06 PM
05/15/05 09:06 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Tom,

My reply is in the thread "Destruction of the Wicked".

Re: Behold the Lamb #13308
05/16/05 04:56 AM
05/16/05 04:56 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
quote:
Therefore, it is vital that we allow the revelation of God in the face of Jesus to do its work in us, so that we may behold him as he is, rather than see him as we are.
Yes. Given the deceitfulness of our hearts, it's amazing God makes any progress at all. On the other hand, given how good God is, it's amazing so few have any conception of His character that is even remotely like that which was revealed in Jesus Christ.

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!