HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,598
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,212 guests, and 21 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 22 of 35 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 34 35
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: NJK Project] #133982
06/01/11 09:58 PM
06/01/11 09:58 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: NJK Project
Mark, as the above EGW quotes show, EGW did not endorse the reapplying of the 1335 days (Dan 12:12). I would natrually, comprehensively understand that this also applies to the closely related 1290 days (Dan 12:11). EGW believe that both of these time elements/prophecies were already completed/fullfilled in 1843 and 1798 respectively. To me this is what she inclusively intended in her ‘longest of these prophecies’ statement.

The mention of the ‘time, times and half a time’ (Dan 12:7) seems to me, in context, to be a direct reference to the historical period of Catholic dominance ad persecutions 538-1798 (=Dan 7:25). It is only because the second coming did not occur in 1844 as it could and should have, that that prophesied Second Coming ending (Dan 12:1-3) did not immediately occur/transpire then.

Furthermore, Daniel was overhearing in this ca. 536 B.C. conversation one asking about the fulfillment of these prophecies. (Dan 12:6), To which another angel responded by restating the indicative historical time period of the 1260 days (Dan 12:7 = Dan 7:25). Daniel however did not understand these times (Dan 12:8-10 = vss. 3, 4).

So I exegetically see that the mention of the ‘1260 days’ in vs. 7 is only a reference to the historical period of persecution of Dan 7:25 and not another post 1798/1844 timed period for the persecutions that will occur, indeed when Dan 11:40-12:3 will then be fulfilled.

Does EGW contradict herself here?

Please note that when speaking of the 1335-days EGW accepted that they were fulfilled and she places them in the LAST DAYS and links them to the time when Satan is blinding the eyes (of God's people).

Originally Posted By: EGW

May the Lord help you to understand His Word. If you will heed and practise this Word, you will become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. Let our ministers and teachers seek knowledge from the one true source. Let them seek the Lord with much prayer, earnestly searching His Word to find the hidden treasure. Now, just now, is the golden opportunity to understand the truths of the Word, and let this opportunity be improved by all. Let the book of Daniel be read, and its instruction heeded. {AUCR, March 11, 1907 par. 8}

"Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand. . . . Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. But go thou (Daniel) thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days." {AUCR, March 11, 1907 par. 9}

Daniel is today standing in his lot, and we are to give him place to speak to the people. Our message is to go forth as a lamp that burneth. "At that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars forever and ever." {AUCR, March 11, 1907 par. 10}

These words present the work that we are to do in these last days. We are not one-half awake. We have not the power that is essential to the doing of the work that must be done. We must come into life, come into union. Now, just now, we must stand in that position where repentance and pardon shall be the striking features of our work. There must be no quarrelling. It is too late to engage with Satan in his work of blinding eyes. It is too late to give heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. {AUCR, March 11, 1907 par. 11}

Again please note the LAST DAYS context:

In his vision of the last days Daniel inquired, "O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand. . . . Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days" [Daniel 12:8-13]. Daniel has been standing in his lot since the seal was removed and the light of truth has been shining upon his visions. He stands in his lot, bearing the testimony which was to be understood at the end of the days. {1SAT 225.5}

"And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased" [Daniel 12:1-4].--Manuscript 50, 1893, September, 1893. (MR 900.33) {1SAT 226.1}

Some may be tempted to assume that the 1335-days are not for the last days, but to be understood in the last days. That view is as Satan would desire it to be, but it contradicts EGW's statement that the light "Daniel received direct from God was given especially for these last days."

Satan is a shrewed foe. Has he stopped trying to bring error into the Church?

At that time [after the 1844 disappointment] one error after another pressed in upon us; ministers and doctors brought in new doctrines. {3SM 31.4}

If the ministers and doctors were doing the work of bringing errors into the church when the prophet was alive, did that process miraculously stop after her death?

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: His child] #133989
06/02/11 12:02 AM
06/02/11 12:02 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
His child, I already responded to these arguments of yours See Post #133952. Just repeating them doesn’t make them so.

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: His child] #133990
06/02/11 12:03 AM
06/02/11 12:03 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Originally Posted By: His child
It is clear from Daniel that the wise will understand,

Seriously, constructively yet frankly speaking Henry, “Wisdom” is transparently and objectively demonstrated and proven and is rooted/derived from actual Truth. So unless your interpretations/views can pass this Truth test, then there is no need to jump to a “Wise One” self-knighting

so I have no illusion that everyone will understand the word of God or even look at truth more than a superficial glance.

For the reason, I state below, I am actually seeing your interpretations as being “superficial”, spiritually speaking. Like most people who are saying that the end is here, e.g., David Gates, see my detailed commentary on him, his views and his ministry here, you “expediently” sacrifice proper and accurate factualization and Biblical exegesis in order to have a timely fulfillment.

There is very little here that I have not already posted on this forum

Re: "Revelation 13 the 7 heads on the papal beast"

I think I started

http://www.maritime-sda-online.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=126838

Some of the posts are redundant, but the content is worthy of consideration if you don't get lost in the dialog.

I may look through that discussion in some detail however your Bible study appraoch and resulting conclusion which I have seen thus far, including the above radio interviews do not impress me as being Biblical.

Not to long ago a U S Secretary of Something or other was fired for making racist comments. After the fact, it was learned that her comments in the 30-second soundbite had been taken out of context and that she was actually deploring racism in her remarks.

I do recall that news story.

Similarly your comments above are an abridged version of a study that has taken almost 20-years and is still on-going. If you understood it, you most certainly would have presented it differently.

I listened to your radio interview in detail. Take it as a warning, but I am sure many people would have come to the same succinct understanding and conclusion as above. There just is not spiritual substance to your view. To me it is like empty (spiritual) calories. Your forced attempt to have all Daniel and Revelation prophecies refulfilled and that with time seems uncalled for and contrived to me.

But since God called me to study and He has preserved and led me all the way, He will get the Present Truth to those that are the called and chosen.

If your read my recounted experience over especially the past 15+ years (i.e., since (Net) 1996), (see here) you’ll see that I also make the same understood statement of being led by God in my present research, writing & ministry work. I have no problem per se of people making such claims, per se, probably out of experiential empathy, however as I showed with David Gate in that blog post, such a claim is Biblically ascertainable/verifiable. The proof is always in the fruits and if God is indeed leading you to present Biblical truth then I should not have any problem having you views easily, clearly and readily proven to be Biblical. However in just this thread, your dating of Ezra’s journey does not pass a Truth test.

And, as a personal advice, from lessons learned in my own experience in research and writing and other, indeed as repeatedly seen in the Bible, both with groups and individuals, just because God calls someone that does not suddenly make them infallible, incapable of doing anything wrong or beyond correction. As I understand it, this “elected”/called has the added duty, burden and responsibility to make their ‘calling and election sure’. As recounted from my experience, when I felt that God was calling me to the ministry, even beyond formal SDA pastoring, I did not have much, if actually any, Scholarly Biblical knowledge beyond just what was said in my NKJV and a concordance. However as my aim was to share Bible truths with non-SDA, I put myself in their shoes and everytime I got to something I did not see was transparently proven, I made it my duty to dig deeper until I arrived at the concrete truth. It has been quite a learning experience. Key to all of this and by God’s guidance was going to Andrews University where I could access their great Seminary Library as well as the more voluminous one at the nearby Notre Dame University when Andrews did not have a resource. So, as I gather you live near Southern Adventist University, I would recommend that you engage in deepening/verifying/validating/substantiating your studies with some of the great resources that it has. (I have visited their Library in the past. Also browsed through it online).

All this to say, and I see signs that you are willing to do the needed work when you discover its necessity, that God does not call us to remain where we were when he called us, including intellectually. And, as seen with the unlearned EGW, if God calls someone to do a work, it is because He saw that this person potentially can fully and properly accomplish their given task. For starters, as you write on the prophecies of Daniel, I recommend the Owusu-Antwi book as it is a great launching pad into deeper scholarly work, as I experienced myself.

As I see it, if you keep asking and duly properly answering the question “why” in Biblical Research, and always give the benefit of the doubt/deference to God, you end up with the concrete Biblical Truth.

The book cover of my latest book might interest you.

Interesting however I would need to see if it and its substantiating details point to a Biblical conclusion.

In regard to Revelation 7' Heads, I have found this rev. 17 Biblical study [36:40ff] by New Zealand SDA Daniel Pel [http://livingwater.no/english/Audio/Revelationseminar6.mp3] to be quite Biblical in that he is both not glibly/surfacely/superficially regarding/looking for a (beast) head as a literal head, but along the symbolic lines of a “power” which I’ll add to be a “controlling mentality”, and he also is rightly looking for the End Time fulfillments from the Historical fulfillment and not entirely new and quasi-arbitrary fulfillment.

By the way, and seriously, your prophetic studies and conclusion strike me as Dispensationalist Christian sensationalist presentations. I.e., As “Fast Food” Prophetic fulfillment vs. a healthy, choicely prepared and well cooked, Biblical “meal”.

On 27 April 2011 a killer tornado decapitated the roof of my house that the Lord gave back to the bank a few months earlier. You can read the story online here is the link

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/echoes-of-doomsday/15838912#

click preview under the blue book "Echoes of Doomsday"
Then use the arrow keys at the top to go to the text

I did read your story before and despite the fact that, unless God actively/targetedly did this tornado event in Alabama/Tennessee, (which I don’t see a extraordinary reason for), and unless there is a meteorological way to see that a tornado will form months in advance and also know its precise path, given my Biblical understanding on God and the Future leads me to understand that this was not necessarily a God warned/preempted development, though a general warning could apply here if weather condition allowed God to see that a tornado would form in your area, however that would actually require that you would have been told/shown in advance to leave that “path of a future tornado house”. I would notwithstandingly say that if this was a preemptive saving action by God, it does not automatically mean that you are right. That is something that is concretely and independently demonstrated by verifiable Biblical facts and sound Biblical conclusion.

(Along these lines, my sister who live in that area was credited, to what due credit reality I am not sure, by her hospital co-worker for saving them from destructions during that tornado storm as when they all saw a tornado coming right at them, she prayed out loud for God to spare them and the tornado ended up changing course.)

Nothing personal here, I just think/see/believe that you could do much more/better.

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: His child] #133991
06/02/11 12:05 AM
06/02/11 12:05 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
His Child, those are good EGW quotes on the refulfillment of prophecies in Post #133976 however for the reasons stated in this thread, I do not see that she also include time elements in the refulfillments. I also do not defaultly see that every single prophecy needs to be refulfilled. For your claim in regards to the 70 Weeks in Post #133977, as there is only one Christ/Messiah, you’ll need Jesus to die again!?? There is also no intermediary events in the related 2300 days except for the end which only is indicating when the Sanctuary will begin to be cleansed from GC defilements. I don’t see a Spiritual/Theological reason why it needs to be refulfilled. This Spiritual/Theological “necessity” is what guides my view on prophecies that are likely to be refulfilled and not a blanket assumption that every single one must be. As seen in the partial fulfillment of the Olivet Discourse first in ca. 70 A.D. and then later also partially in the late 1700's early-mid 1800's a refulfillment needs only to involve pertinently applicable segments of it, and not necessarily every element, especially now the time elements.

The key to all of this, as seen in Church History is to seek to do what God expects of us and adhere to, and advancing in, God Light of Truth. (Cf. Dan 12:10; cf. 3, 4). The applicable portions of prophecies will then be automatically fulfilled by/through God’s guidance.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: His child] #133992
06/02/11 12:06 AM
06/02/11 12:06 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
To misinterpret EGW and declare that EGW stated there are no time prophecies after 1844 is to make her contradict herself and the Bible. She gives two examples of time prophecies that are to come about after 1844. I will site the easiest to see:
Re: no prophetic time after 1844

Ellen white is giving an example of prophetic time being repeated in the last days after 1844. So she cannot be saying there is no prophetic time after 1844 since she is giving an example that includes a time that she has also said was fulfilled 538-1798.

I had already explained why I don’t see EGW’s mentioning of a prophecy that has a time element as a belief that the time element in it is to be refulfilled. Read on and see my response.

The proof texts cited from EGW to prove that she contradicts herself are out of context - pretexts.

The 2SM 73 (1885) passage is a rebuke to those that are reinterpreting the 2300-days to make them end in 1884. Thus they are moving the pins and waymarks of Bible prophecy.

I had also already explained the 2SM 73 (1885) “1884" claim. It involved 40 years of probation and not the 2300 days. You need to substantiate your claim that it involves the 2300 days.

The 10MR 270 passage in context is correcting an error "The world placed all time-proclamation on the same level" when EGW gave the correct view. Then she clearly links her statement of time prophecy specifically to the day and hour of Christ's appearing. The context clearly differentiates between the world's view of ALL TIME PROPHECY and time prophecy that sets the day and hour of Christ's Coming. "We have not cast away our confidence [because of the 1844 disappointment], neither have we a message dependent upon definite time [our proclamation of the Second Advent is Bible truth not one that is dependent on knowing the exact day and hour of His appearing], but we are waiting and watching unto prayer, looking for and loving the appearing of our Saviour, and doing all in our power for the preparation of our fellow men for that great event." Since EGW was clearly correcting the world's error about ALL TIME PROPHECY, it cannot be understood that she was teaching the (all time prophecy) error that she was correcting. "I would not be inclined to set time for Christ to come, and thus place myself under the same condemnation with those whom I was reproving." {LS80 221.1}

In my expounding on all EGW quotes that I found on this issue and your view of ‘other times than the Second Coming’s’ I indeed I had left out this 10MR 270 quote as it relates to the Second Coming. If you are going to make delayed answers, you need to first read through the end of the thread before replying as you are readdressing already dealt with issues.

And the 7BC 971 (1900) about "definite time" is also removed from its context. SDA's once preached that a text removed from its context is a pretext. "After this period of time, reaching from 1842 to 1844, there can be no definite tracing of the prophetic time. The longest reckoning reaches to the autumn of 1844." {7BC 971.7} As noted EGW is not talking about ALL PROPHETIC TIME but the the tracing of the period of prophetic time to the Advent of Jesus in 1844.

As I already said and in more detail, you need to explain why EGW says “the longest reckoning” among other things.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: kland] #134002
06/02/11 01:36 AM
06/02/11 01:36 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Quote:
Daniel is standing in his lot and in his place. The prophecies of Daniel and of John are to be understood. They interpret each other. They give to the world truths which every one should understand. These prophecies are to be witnessed in the world. By their fulfilment in these last days, they will explain themselves. {KC 105.2}

. . . If the last days were done before she wrote this, how could it be fulfilled in the future?

Those are more examples kland of statements that we find hard to accept as they read.

But notice what happens if I insert two words into her quote.
Quote:
The prophecies of Daniel and of John are to be understood. They interpret each other.. . These prophecies are to be [the two] witnesses in the world. By their fulfilment in these last days, they will explain themselves.

That insertion seems consistent with other SOP statements that Daniel is to stand in his lot along with John at the end.

Here's another quote that we should all humbly bare in mind.
Quote:
Study Revelation in connection with Daniel, for history will be repeated. . . . We, with all our religious advantages, ought to know far more today than we do know. {TM 116.3}

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Mountain Man] #134024
06/02/11 08:37 AM
06/02/11 08:37 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Originally Posted By: kland
I'm not aware where EGW applied the 1335 days. Could you quote where she applied 1335 days to a time other than the future?

She applied the 1335 to the past as fulfilled. She wrote:

Quote:
One week ago, last Sabbath, we had a very interesting meeting. Brother Hewit from Dead River was there. He came with a message to the effect that the destruction of the wicked and the sleep of the dead was an abomination within a shut door that a woman Jezebel, a prophetess had brought in and he believed that I was that woman, Jezebel. We told him of some of his errors in the past, that the 1335 days were ended and numerous errors of his. It had but little effect. His darkness was felt upon the meeting and it dragged. {16MR 208.3}

"the 1335 days were ended"

EGW Estates comment
Thank you for contacting the Ellen G. White Estate. Here is what I have sent to others who asked this question:

Other than in places where Mrs. White quotes a longer passage in Daniel which includes mention of the 1335 days, I know of only one reference to the 1335 days in her writings, though it appears in several places in her published writings (and on the CD-ROM). Here it is:

Manuscript Releases Volume Sixteen, p. 208

Title: To the Church in Brother Hastings' House

One week ago, last Sabbath, we had a very interesting meeting. Brother Hewit from Dead River was there. He came with a message to the effect that the destruction of the wicked and the sleep of the dead was an abomination within a shut door that a woman Jezebel, a prophetess had brought in and he believed that I was that woman, Jezebel. We told him of some of his errors in the past, that the 1335 days were ended and numerous errors of his. It had but little effect. His darkness was felt upon the meeting and it dragged.

This comes from Ellen G. White's Letter 28, 1850. She did not elaborate further here on the matter of the 1335 days.

The question for us is, Is the reference to the 1335 days part of the list of errors of Brother Hewit, or is it a correction to one of those errors? In other words, do we read the sentence as, "We told him of some of his errors in the past, [including the one] that the 1335 days were ended . . .", or do we read it as, "We told him of some of his errors in the past, [and] that the 1335 days were ended . . ."? If we understand her statement the first way, she is saying that in 1850 the 1335 days were not yet ended. If we take her statement the second way, she is asserting that they were already ended. Which way is it?

I believe that we should understand this statement in the second of the two ways--as an assertion from her that the 1335 days were already ended. I base this belief on two lines of evidence. First, a quick scan of the "Words of the Pioneers" database on our CD-ROM, which gives us convenient access to the writings of many other early Adventists (Seventh-day and otherwise), revealed that William Miller and Uriah Smith both taught that the 1335 days began at the same time as the 1290 days, that is, in AD 508. This would bring them to a close in the year 1843-1844. James White affirmed the same interpretation in the Review and Herald in the 1850s (and perhaps beyond, but the "Words of the Pioneers" thus far only takes the Review to 1863). So both before and after this statement by Mrs. White in 1850, prominent leaders in the Advent movement, including her own husband, were saying that the 1335 years had ended. Shall we understand Mrs. White, then, to be calling this belief an error? If so, why didn't she rebuke it in James White and in Uriah Smith?

Second, we have Mrs. White's own statements about prophetic time. Three of the most relevant appear together in the recent compilation, "Last Day Events," pp. 35-36. Here they are:

No Time Prophecy Beyond 1844

I plainly stated at the Jackson camp meeting to these fanatical parties that they were doing the work of the adversary of souls; they were in darkness. They claimed to have great light that probation would close in October, 1884. I there stated in public that the Lord had been pleased to show me that there would be no definite time in the message given of God since 1844.--2SM 73 (1885).

Our position has been one of waiting and watching, with no time-proclamation to intervene between the close of the prophetic periods in 1844 and the time of our Lord's coming.--10MR 270 (1888).

The people will not have another message upon definite time. After this period of time [Rev. 10:4-6], reaching from 1842 to 1844, there can be no definite tracing of the prophetic time. The longest reckoning reaches to the autumn of 1844.--7BC 971 (1900).

In light of these two lines of evidence, I believe we are on firm ground if we read Mrs. White's statement in 1850 as affirming, not denying, that the 1335 years had ended.

I hope you will find this helpful. Thank you for writing. God bless.

--------

William Fagal

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Charity] #134025
06/02/11 08:56 AM
06/02/11 08:56 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
Sabbath blessings. I have some extra time I wasn't expecting.

NJK, the Lord advised both us and the early church to study the abomination of desolation in Daniel. Why? What were the results of the study of Daniel's abomination in the early church? What did they conclude? Didn't their study tell them when to flee? Is it a large leap that His counsel to study the abomination in Daniel is the same for our time? If so, is it wise disassociating the time elements of these prophecies from the context?

True, when these prophecies were first fulfilled in 70 AD, there was no time element. But that can be viewed in two ways: It can be viewed as support for a time-free end time application, or it can be viewed as support for taking the entire prophecy together because the time elements have never been fulfilled in the end-time context. We'd agree that these prophecies are especially for the final generation, right?

It's also true that the 1260 days mentioned in a number of places were fulfilled in the dark ages but according the Christ's statements and other scripture, the abomination of desolation applies especially to the end, not to the dark ages. Are we safe in assuming that this most important application - to the final generation - can be severed from its time elements? What scriptural authority do we have to sever elements of this prophecy from its most important application?

NJK, I believe in outpost ministry. But even those in remote outposts will still have to flee. I admit I'm not sure myself how to apply the time elements. I'm studying them. The actual flight may be at the end of the 1260 days. This is what I tend to think. That's why understanding when the prophecy begins could be a matter of life and death.

On a related topic, can you tell me in simple words that all our readers can understand why you think Revelation 11 applies to leaders and who the two witnesses are? I've said above, I think the two witnesses are those who give the measuring/three angel's messages. You're saying the measuring message is for the leaders, right? Don't John's instructions to measure the temple and those who worship there include the entire church - that is all who take the name of Christ? What group is in the outer court that John is told not to measure?

But regarding EGW's prohibitions on time setting, I have addressed that in other posts but you don't see it the same way which is fine. However, you err in attributing base motives to those who don't share your views. smile

This is a great post.

The two witnesses in the endtime are Daniel and Revelation.

The prophecies of Daniel and of John are to be understood. They interpret each other. They give to the world truths which every one should understand. These prophecies are to be witnesses in the world. By their fulfillment in these last days they will explain themselves. {7BC 949.6}

My study has identified the endtime fulfillment of the literal 1260, 1290, and 1335 days. And we are now in the time of trouble spoken of by Daniel the prophet.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: Mountain Man] #134026
06/02/11 10:15 AM
06/02/11 10:15 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
1. Our position has been one of waiting and watching, with no time-proclamation to intervene between the close of the prophetic periods in 1844 and the time of our Lord's coming. {10MR 270 (1888)}

But those waiting and watching saints in 1888 were totally unprepared for the message of Righteousness by faith when it came. Thus we are warned to be cautious. And this quote is referring not to all prophecies relating to a definite time, but specifically to a definite time to intervene between 1844 that gives the day and hour of Christ's Advent.

2. The people will not have another message upon definite time. After this period of time [Revelation 10:4-6 this has been erroneously added to her comment AFTER THIS PERIOD OF TIME REFERS TO THE 2300-DAYS], reaching from 1842 to 1844, there can be no definite tracing of the prophetic time. The longest reckoning reaches to the autumn of 1844. {7BC 971 (1900)}

The term "definite time" as used by EGW refers to the hour of Christ's Advent not ALL TIME PROPHECY.

The world placed all time-proclamation on the same level and called it a delusion, fanaticism and heresy. Ever since 1844 I have borne my testimony that we were now in a period of time in which we are to take heed to ourselves lest our hearts be overcharged with surfeiting and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon us unawares. Our position has been one of waiting and watching, with no time-proclamation to intervene between the close of the prophetic periods in 1844 and the time of our Lord's coming. We do not know the day nor the hour, or when the definite time is, and yet the prophetic reckoning shows us that Christ is at the door. {10MR 270.1}

"I would not be inclined to set time for Christ to come, and thus place myself under the same condemnation with those whom I was reproving." {LS80 221.1}

In the context above she was reproving the world that placed all time proclamation on the same level and she was distinguishing that from the specific time proclamation that identifies the day and hour of Christ's Advent.

3. We are not to be engrossed with speculations in regard to the times and the seasons which God has not revealed. Jesus has told his disciples to "watch," but not for definite time. His followers are to be in the position of those who are listening for the orders of their Captain; they are to watch, wait, pray, and work, as they approach the time for the coming of the Lord; but no one will be able to predict just when that time will come; for "of that day and hour knoweth no man." You will not be able to say that he will come in one, two, or five years, neither are you to put off his coming by stating that it may not be for ten or twenty years. {RH, March 22, 1892}

The quote above omits the context "in regard to a man who was setting time in 1884, and sending broadcast his arguments to prove his theories. The report of what he was doing was brought to me at the Jackson, Mich., camp-meeting, and I told the people they need not take heed to this man's theory; for the event he predicted would not take place. The times and the seasons God has put in his own power, and why has not God given us this knowledge?--Because we would not make a right use of it if he did. A condition of things would result from this knowledge among our people that would greatly retard the work of God in preparing a people to stand in the great day that is to come. We are not to live upon time excitement. "

mm, point #3 is specific counsel given regarding a man that was setting dates in 1884. He was in error. But to extrapolate this counsel from its setting and apply it to every person in every age is a pretext. Though we do not know the day and the hour, from Bible study, we can know that the abomination of Desolation spoken of by Daniel has been set up, Pope Benedict XVI is the last pope identified in Bible prophecy, Mr. Obama is identified in Bible prophecy as the last king from the earth (Daniel 7:17) and that the time of trouble has begun spoken of by Daniel the prophet.

But when this counsel is wrenched from its setting and presented as it is here, it is akin to crying "peace and safety" on the eve of sudden destruction. It is a false peace that is not of God, but that leads to the sleep of eternal death.

Insights like the ones posted above make it difficult to believe the Bible contains time prophecies that will be fulfilled sometime after 1844 and sometime before Jesus returns. To what purpose would they serve? Since we cannot know Jesus will return in "one, two, or five years" what good would it do us to know a specified period of time (1260 days, 1290 days, 1335 days) has finished fulfilling? Seems to me we would be no better off than knowing the 1260 and 2300 days ended in 1798 and 1844. That is, knowing those dates for the last 150 years hasn't helped us as it relates to the nearness of Jesus' second coming.

In another post I showed that EGW states the 42-months of Rev 13 were fulfilled in the past and the final fulfillment is to come in the last days. That is an instant of EGW citing definite time to intervene between 1844 and Christ's Advent. And above I have shown that she corrected the world's error of lumping all time prophecy together and that she separates time prophecy relating to the Second Advent of Christ from other time prophecies. So when we lump together what she separates, that action makes the Spirit of Prophecy contradict itself and the Bible.

The one instance where she cites a time prophecy that is to be applied after 1844 proves that she was not saying ALL TIME PROPHECY STOPPED IN 1844

The 3rd angel's message is not hung of time, but it is time to understand the Present Truth of this hour to give the right warning at the right time. The parable of the 10 virgins shows that 5 of the virgins did not wake in time. When it was too late they saw what their faith needed to see sooner. But for them it was too late!

De 29:29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Re: Obscure Prophetic Statements by EG White [Re: NJK Project] #134027
06/02/11 10:29 AM
06/02/11 10:29 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: NJK Project
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
If the church undergoes 3.5 years of persecution, that doesn't set a date for any of the times or seasons that Christ and Ellen White said we're not to know.

As I understand the fulfillment of Bible prophecy it is according to a sequential pattern, irrespective of time elements that may or may not be present. And that is all due to a inherent spiritual cause and effect order and also a desired order in which God desires for things to develop and be dealt with. And, as shown in this post, eve the SOP Final Events prophecies follow this sequential template found in the intricately structured book of revelation as EGW’s revelation on the Shaking perfectly follows the cross-sectional disposition of Revelation’s prophecies which are all dealing with various aspects of the Remnant Work/Church.

So, though I do not believe that any prophecy will be refulfilled with the involvement of definite time, I do see that the Historical events that were involved in the fulfilling of the (1) 1260 [538-1798]; (2) 1290 [508-1798]; and (3) 1335 [508-1843] days will have a future, eschatological re-occurrence. That is namely and respectively:
(1) there will again be an organized period of various oppositions to work [= 538-1798];
(2) that period will be preceded by decided and seemingly non-related/non-religious based organizational efforts [= 508-538];
(3) there will be a relatively brief, post persecution “respite” [=1798-1843]
(4) then there will be a very brief, post close of probation period that mirrors a “living” without an intercessor time” [= 1843-1844]

All this to say, that if one knows the time when the period of 1260days = 42 months will take place, they can easily figure out when the Second Coming should typologically occur.

Also, as seen inn the Historical Fulfillement of the 1260 days, [538-1798] there were not persecutions by the Catholic Church throughout. They started with the Inquisitions around the 12th century. (I believe this curtailing of persecutions is all in fulfillment of Matt 24:32 “for the sake of the elect.”) So the 1260 days involve much more than persecutions. And I see these various events to have clearly been listed in the prophecy of Dan 7 in vss. 8b|20b-21|25. This is namely (and not necessarily in order) to:

-Papal Establishment - “speak out against the Most High”
-Changes in Religious Time and Laws - vs. 10 Commandments
-Persecution of non-conformers

In the same way, a (non-definite time) of 1260days/42 months in the future will involve period for these three distinct actions. (cf. Rev 13:3-7) So, as I see it even believing that this will be a definite time of 3.5 years, would not indicate either when actual persecutions would begin nor how long they would last since the could start and end at any time during that period. Just like Catholic done persecution in Church History was from ca. The 1100's-1600's. That indeed led to the mass exodus for North America starting around the 1640's. (cf. Rev 12:15, 16|13:11a) So long before that prophecy’s time end of 1798.

Again, my view is those time mentions in Revelation in prophecies that will be eschatologically fulfilled are referential indicators to the Historical fulfillment to show what to expect to transpire. So just like these time prophecies started in History with definite movement to establish the Catholic Church as a more authoritative and far reaching temporal power, (ca. 508 [1290&1335]), it would be expected that those time prophecies would begin to occur when the Modern Catholic Church will begin to make moves to exercise more authoritative temporal and that through its members in various countries. Indeed this can be peacefully and even quite fairly, democratically be done. Once its establish and has removed any remaining opposing world powers as with the historical achievements by 538, it will then begin to take its various actions religiously through that obtained civil power. It is sometime during that time, when those who truly observe God’s Law and Sabbath will be standing in the way of its total sway of power and even declared to be dangerous that persecutions will begin. I have not done the detailing/ “template-filling” of the rest of these Final Events however, I tentatively see that the falling of the Last Plagues will be in the equivalent time of the Historical 1798-1843 period and then then will come the utter end. [=1843-1844].

So as I see it, even if the 1260/42 month period is figured out, if it was actually applicable, it still would not be known when exactly the persecutions would begin or even end. The key is to have heeded SOP counsels long before the 508 A.D. mirroring establishment movement.

Furthermore, I see it as quite wise on God’s part to not involve definite time in the end. (1) Because, as I theologically believe, that end will occur whenever conditions on the ground come to necessitate it. So if men act to pass a Sunday and death decree with a month, then God would do His completing part to wrap things up long before a 3.5 year period (=Matt 24:32). And (2) it is much more hopeful to know that those persecutions could end at anytime, even soon, depending on how things actually advance/develop, rather than know from an ascertained day one that there inevitably are 1259 more days to go, no matter what.

Hope all this is helpful.

This power, the last that is to wage war against the church and the law of God, was symbolized by a beast with lamblike horns. The beasts preceding it had risen from the sea, but this came up out of the earth, representing the peaceful rise of the nation which is symbolized. The "two horns like a lamb" well represent the character of the United States Government, as expressed in its two fundamental principles, Republicanism and Protestantism. These principles are the secret of our power and prosperity as a nation. Those who first found an asylum on the shores of America rejoiced that they had reached a country free from the arrogant claims of popery and the tyranny of kingly rule. They determined to establish a government upon the broad foundation of civil and religious liberty. {ST, November 1, 1899 par. 4}

Page 22 of 35 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 34 35

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/28/24 02:30 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!