HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,494 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: Kevin H] #134572
06/18/11 03:32 AM
06/18/11 03:32 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Originally Posted By: Kevin H
I understand much of the other to be Mrs. White's use of symbolic writing, maybe even from her sources, for a running natative and the phrases you see as symbolic I understand as her giving what the symbolic language symbolizes.

I can’t figure out what you mean here. Please restate it.

Originally Posted By: Kevin H
Now this has been a debate in the church since before we were born. Elder, I think his last name is Fifefield taught this. He was a friend of Mrs. White's and we do not have record of her correcting his error, but her in such as those phrases you see as more symbolic and I see her as explaining the symbolism, she appears to use her ideas. Lynn Harper Wood developed this in the 1920s. Paul Heubech was one of Wood's students and would teach this. Edwin Heppenstall could not decide between the two views. A number of our leading theologians in the 1950s held this view including some who contributed to the SDABC. And even before Adventism, while I have not seen enought to convince me, I've seen evidence and heard people argue that William Tyndal had a similar if not same view of hell fire as Fifefield, Wood, Heubech and others taught. We need to keep studying and be fair to our understanding of the Bible and Mrs. White.

As for this history of this other view in the SDA Church, I determining truth by in depth current studies and not by such “traditional” understandings. Indeed I have corrected many things through the exegetical ways, that even my own (late 1990's) Andrews University teachers had taught me. The Bible, as it exegetically reads, is my final authority, followed by the direct revelations of EGW. So it would not surprise me if her own views are set right by it, as it occurs in several instances. (By the way you can find George Fifield’s “Character of God” work here. His work had been referred to me by Tom in my discussion on this subject with him, in that other thread.)

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: Mountain Man] #134585
06/18/11 11:10 AM
06/18/11 11:10 AM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
1. The altar of burnt offering links sin, sinners, and hellfire.
The burnt offering(the daily, and other burnt offerings made with other offerings like sin offerings) represented Jesus… Could you elaborate how you see this linking sin, sinners, and hellfire?

2. Unpardoned sinners were led out of the camp with the scapegoat on the day of atonement.

First of all, the red heifer which represented Jesus, was killed and burnt outside the camp. So it was not only the sinners that were sent outside the camp.

Num 19: 2 “:2 This is the ordinance of the law which the LORD hath commanded, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring thee a red heifer without spot, wherein is no blemish, and upon which never came yoke: 3 And ye shall give her unto Eleazar the priest, that he may bring her forth without the camp, and one shall slay her before his face:”

The Scapegoat of Lev 16

Concerning the scapegoat. The Scapegoat is misunderstood. I have posted Doug Goslin study at #Post 124209 here . At first I had misunderstood the meaning of the misunderstood scapegoat and thought that Jesus was Azazel, when according to the Masoretic Text, Jesus was the 2nd goat sent alive FOR Azazel, which I explain this below.

This became clear to me of my misunderstanding when some months ago, I decided to check the Hebrew literal translation of Lev 16:10. Here is what I discovered.

The Literal Hebrew translation of Lev 16:10

Before hand, let me explain in brief that there are two works of Christ to atone for the sins of the world.

1. Justification : accomplish/symbolized by His death
2. Sanctification: accomplish/symbolized by His ressurection and His work in us and His work in destroying the works of the Devil.

The death and resurection of Jesus depicts this two works. This works was reveal in the TYPE with the 2 doves ritual(one dead, the other alive).(Lev 14) The same is depicted in the TYPE with the 2 goats ritual(one dead, the other alive) (Lev. 16).

First of all you have to acknowledge that these two goats were both without blemish for the lot could of fell on either. Right there one of these goats couldn't represent Lucifer, for he is filled with blemish. Both of these animals were without blemish because both represented Christ and His two works to atone for the world.

Lev 16:10 "But the goat, on which the lot fell [to be the] (for) scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the Lord, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go [for a ] (to) scapegoat into the wilderness. "

Notice what I have put in bracket and highlight in red the inaccuracy of the translation. What is in parenthese and in green is what the litteral translation in the original text would say. Do look at the masoretic text with strong code available at www. scripture4all.org. I have their free software download on my computer, which is more detail than the one online. So I'm referring to their software.

Basically the translation error(& bias) is that the second goat was for Azazel and not to be Azazel.

Let me paraphrase from the literal text by only giving the literal translation provided by this software where I will supply the strong codes with it. Please go check the Masoretic text yourself at Scripture4All Link if you really want to be objective about this and know the truth about God's plan of salvation.

Lev 16:10 "But the goat, on which the lot fell over-him (5921) for-goat-of-departure (5799) shall be presented alive before the Lord, to make an atonement with him and to-send-away-of[/i] (7971) him (853) to-goat-of-departure (5799) the-wilderness-ward (4057)"

Above is the literal translation of the Hebrew are in bold and italic font. As you can see the goat that the lot fell on was FOR the scapegoat. It was not the scapegoat itself. And in the later half of the text, that goat (that the lot fell on) was sent away TO the scapegoat in the wilderness.

This was fufilled when Jesus was baptised(=death of 1st goat for the Lord) and then the Holy Spirit(the fit man) led him(live 2nd goat for Azazel) in the wilderness to be tempted by Satan(Azazel).

Blessings
Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: Elle] #134700
06/25/11 01:56 AM
06/25/11 01:56 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
bump

Here I go bumping this again to keep it in the active list of topics to be read and responded to.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: Elle] #134901
07/02/11 09:42 PM
07/02/11 09:42 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
I'm bumping this in case this got burried and you haven't read my reply to you MM.

Originally Posted By: Elle
The burnt offering(the daily, and other burnt offerings made with other offerings like sin offerings) represented Jesus… Could you elaborate how you see this linking sin, sinners, and hellfire?

2. Unpardoned sinners were led out of the camp with the scapegoat on the day of atonement.

First of all, the red heifer which represented Jesus, was killed and burnt outside the camp. So it was not only the sinners that were sent outside the camp.

Num 19: 2 “:2 This is the ordinance of the law which the LORD hath commanded, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring thee a red heifer without spot, wherein is no blemish, and upon which never came yoke: 3 And ye shall give her unto Eleazar the priest, that he may bring her forth without the camp, and one shall slay her before his face:”

The Scapegoat of Lev 16

Concerning the scapegoat. The Scapegoat is misunderstood. I have posted Doug Goslin study at #Post 124209 here . At first I had misunderstood the meaning of the misunderstood scapegoat and thought that Jesus was Azazel, when according to the Masoretic Text, Jesus was the 2nd goat sent alive FOR Azazel, which I explain this below.

This became clear to me of my misunderstanding when some months ago, I decided to check the Hebrew literal translation of Lev 16:10. Here is what I discovered.

Before hand, let me explain in brief that there are two works of Christ to atone for the sins of the world.

2. Sanctification: accomplish/symbolized by His ressurection and His work in us and His work in destroying the works of the Devil.

The death and resurection of Jesus depicts this two works. This works was reveal in the TYPE with the 2 doves ritual(one dead, the other alive).(Lev 14) The same is depicted in the TYPE with the 2 goats ritual(one dead, the other alive) (Lev. 16).

First of all you have to acknowledge that these two goats were both without blemish for the lot could of fell on either. Right there one of these goats couldn't represent Lucifer, for he is filled with blemish. Both of these animals were without blemish because both represented Christ and His two works to atone for the world.

Lev 16:10 "But the goat, on which the lot fell [to be the] (for) scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the Lord, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go [for a ] (to) scapegoat into the wilderness. "

Notice what I have put in bracket and highlight in red the inaccuracy of the translation. What is in parenthese and in green is what the litteral translation in the original text would say. Do look at the masoretic text with strong code available at www. scripture4all.org. I have their free software download on my computer, which is more detail than the one online. So I'm referring to their software.

Basically the translation error(& bias) is that the second goat was for Azazel and not to be Azazel.

Let me paraphrase from the literal text by only giving the literal translation provided by this software where I will supply the strong codes with it. Please go check the Masoretic text yourself at Scripture4All Link if you really want to be objective about this and know the truth about God's plan of salvation.

Lev 16:10 "But the goat, on which the lot fell over-him (5921) for-goat-of-departure (5799) shall be presented alive before the Lord, to make an atonement with him and to-send-away-of[/i] (7971) him (853) to-goat-of-departure (5799) the-wilderness-ward (4057)"

Above is the literal translation of the Hebrew are in bold and italic font. As you can see the goat that the lot fell on was FOR the scapegoat. It was not the scapegoat itself. And in the later half of the text, that goat (that the lot fell on) was sent away TO the scapegoat in the wilderness.

This was fufilled when Jesus was baptised(=death of 1st goat for the Lord) and then the Holy Spirit(the fit man) led him(live 2nd goat for Azazel) in the wilderness to be tempted by Satan(Azazel).

Blessings
Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: Elle] #135061
07/09/11 09:22 PM
07/09/11 09:22 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
bump

As this is about to drop from the seven days active topics list, I am bumping this again.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: Daryl] #135070
07/09/11 10:15 PM
07/09/11 10:15 PM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Perhaps, as I had Biblically pointed out in Post #134293, (which is still unanswered), this ‘Law of Moses (Gen-Deu) constraint’ is indeed an artificial (i.e., non-hermeneutical) one, and so this is effectively merely like, and just as futile as, ‘trying to disprove a negative’.

“Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.” Matt 25:45 NJK Project
Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: Elle] #135187
07/16/11 04:48 PM
07/16/11 04:48 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
MM, I would appreciate a respond if you can.

I'm bumping this in case this got burried and you haven't read my reply to you MM.

The Scapegoat of Lev 16

Blessings
Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: NJK Project] #135199
07/16/11 11:51 PM
07/16/11 11:51 PM
E
Elle  Offline OP
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: NJK Project
Limiting types to only the law of Moses is, as confirmed by exegesis, not accurate as even God’s dealings with, and the experiences of, Israel recorded in those books, as well as the rest of the OT, even NT with NT Israel, serves as types and examples (e.g., Early Rain, 70 A.D. destruction). E.g, 1 Cor 10:11 (“example” Greek typikos #5917a; cf. the uses of #5917b hyptypikos in e.g., 1 Cor 10:6; Rom 5:14; 1 Thess 1:7; 2 Thess 3:9; 1 Tim 4:12; Tit 2:7; 1 Pet 5:3).

In this reply, I will only focuss on establishing the principle of the TYPE, and when time permits, I will address your specific examples which all refers to the TYPE.

There’s only one basic Type and the antitype that is fulfilled can be fulfilled in one era, or in another. Also it can re-occur in different era or several times in one era. No matter how many times the antitype occurs down the line, all point back to the foundational Type. There’s only one foundation or one TYPE of the plan of salvation and it was given to Moses in the Pantateuch. It is from the TYPE that we can define if a person claiming to be a prophet is true or not.

Defining a true prophet – Isa 8:20
How can we know if someone claiming to be a Prophet is true or not? There’s only one way,

Isa 8:20 “To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them.”
In Isa 8:20 we have two main word to consider.

#1. Law = 8451 = Torah => “a precept or statute, especially Decalogue or Pentateuch.
It's root word is 3384, yarah (to flow as water (i.e. to rain); transitively, to lay or throw (especially an arrow, i.e. to shoot); figuratively, to point out (as if by aiming the finger), to teach.)

Torah is mainly used to mean all the Laws of Moses giving at Mt. Sinai. It is translated 219 times as Law referring to the whole law of Moses. It is also used to refer to a single law as the Feast of Unleavened Bread(Ex 13:9); the Passover(Ex 12:49); law of burnt offering(Le 6:9; 7:7,etc). It also refers to the decisions of Moses(Ex 18:16,20); for the content of the book of the convenant(Ex 24:12). I know we SDAs have always used this to mean the Decalogue. If I recalled I found maybe 1 or 2 texts used for that purpose; however, the decalogue is part of the Laws of Moses just as much as the other single laws.

#2 Testimony -- 8584 - tecuwdah => attestation, i.e. a precept, usage.
from 5749 = witness = uwd => “to duplicate or repeat; by implication, to protest, testify (as by reiteration); intensively, to encompass, restore (as a sort of reduplication).

The meaning of tecuwdah hear means a testimony—eg. a custom. By someone who affirms that it is true(in their attestation) by repeating the rule of conduct(the precept) as a custom. This is also known as a disciple who are living according to the Laws of Moses will be a testimony to all.

tecuwdah is used 3 times in the Bible
Is 8:16 " Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples."
Ruth 4:7 " Now this was the manner in former time in Israel concerning redeeming and concerning changing, for to confirm all things; a man plucked off his shoe, and gave it to his neighbour: and this was a testimony in Israel. 8. Therefore the kinsman said unto Boaz, Buy it for thee. So he drew off his shoe."

Deut 18 and 13 defines how to know if a person is a true prophet or not. Deut 13 adds the feature, "because he has counseled rebellion against the Lord your God."
Originally Posted By: Deut 13
(1) If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, (2) And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; (3) Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. (4) Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and [/u]keep his commandments[/u], and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

The primary concern was about prophets attempting to get people to serve other gods (vs. 2). It is not a matter if the signs and a wonder comes to pass as we SDAs defines a true prophets or not. Deut 13:1,2 says that a false prophets sign and wonders may come to pass. Verse 3 God takes credit for sending the false prophets for the purpose in testing you if you will follow him(do his laws) or not(v.4). It is a test so we might see the state of our own heart and come to repentance.

So the measure of if a person is a true prophet or not is if he speaks according to the laws which was given to Moses. Wonders and signs is not what defines a prophets, but rather if they promote LAWLESSNESS.

Deut 13:5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

Such a prophet is to be put to death, not because their signs didn’t come to pass, but because of his lawless teaching. Jesus referred to this law when he said in Mat 7:22 “Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in your name perform many miracles?' (23) And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you who practice lawlessness" [anomia].

anomia is from the word nomos, "law." Lawlessness was the big problem in the Old Testament, and persist still today.

Moses more than a Prophet

Moses was the figure of Christ who received face to face the word of God. There’s no other man or woman on this earth beside Christ that God spoke face to face like Moses. Even God set Moses above any prophets by saying Num 12: 6 “ And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream. (7) My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house. (8) With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

All prophets are to be measured against the Laws given to Moses which is the TYPE of the plan of salvation of what is to come. Plainly, if there’s no Type there is no truth like EGW said.

Blessings
Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: Elle] #135208
07/17/11 09:11 AM
07/17/11 09:11 AM
NJK Project  Offline
Banned Member
Dedicated Member
Laval, Quebec
Interesting exposition on the Law and the Testimony, Elle. I still see that this is simply defined as The Law (indeed the books of Moses) and the Testimony, everything else that is derived from those works. In fact the work of a prophet of God was to bring “Testimonies” from God which were to lead the people of God back to the proper observance of God Law, as given in the books of Moses. In fact that is how the Testimonies given to EGW worked as they were to people lead back to the Bible.

In regards to the Hell Doctrine, the books of Moses are filled with examples of God using fire to execute judgement on rebellious people, burning them alive. When God does something it becomes a sort of binding “Case Law”, even if it is only Him who can or will do it. The legislated capital punishment act of stoning also involved great suffering and was a slow death. It is the combination of these two punishment execution acts, as well as other elements in those acts that are found in the Final Hell Fire judgement, as depicted in vision (i.e., a testimony) to both John the Revelator and EGW, let alone Jesus’ many statements on this in the Gospels.

I personally think, like Paul, that anything that is found in Scripture (i.e., beyond the books of Moses, is profitable for Doctrine (2 Tim 3:16) as I see that it has already passed the test of being a valid “testimony”. Since God inspired all Bible writers, then what they word is defaultly, generally speaking, indeed a “testimony”.

So, I think this all satisfies your “type” requirement and the final judgement will be as described in the Bible and SOP - the supernatural mental and physical suffering and then burning up of the wicked. (In fact I see the fire aspect as mostly/practically a tangible necessity to rid the earth of all such tangible traces of sin, just like God need a violent wind to bury all of the strewn dead bodies after the flood judgement PP 107.4.)

I also think that the “Plan of Salvation” is distinct from God “Ministry of Wrath” under which the Hell Reality falls.

Re: Is the Hell Doctrine depicted in the TYPE (Laws of Moses)? [Re: Elle] #135214
07/17/11 03:24 PM
07/17/11 03:24 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
MM, I would appreciate a respond if you can. I'm bumping this in case this got burried and you haven't read my reply to you MM:

M: The altar of burnt offering links sin, sinners, and hellfire.

E: The burnt offering(the daily, and other burnt offerings made with other offerings like sin offerings) represented Jesus… Could you elaborate how you see this linking sin, sinners, and hellfire?

Yes, it represents Jesus’ sacrifice on our behalf. It also represents the fate of sinners in hellfire. Jesus took our sins upon Himself and suffered in our place. However, He stopped short of perishing forever in the flames of perdition. Satan is the scapegoat, and as the scapegoat he will suffer in the lake of fire with the sins and second death of the saved.

Quote:
M: Unpardoned sinners were led out of the camp with the scapegoat on the day of atonement.

E: First of all, the red heifer which represented Jesus, was killed and burnt outside the camp. So it was not only the sinners that were sent outside the camp.

The Scapegoat of Lev 16

Here's what Ellen wrote about the red heifer:

Quote:
The children of Israel were anciently commanded to make an offering for the entire congregation, to purify them from ceremonial defilement. For the sacrifice a red heifer was offered, representing the more perfect offering that should redeem from the pollution of sin. This was an occasional sacrifice for the purification of all those who had necessarily or accidentally touched the dead. All who came in contact with death in any way were considered ceremonially unclean. Thus the minds of the Hebrews were forcibly impressed with the fact that death came in consequence of sin, and therefore is a representative of sin. The one heifer, the one ark, the one brazen serpent, impressively point to the one great offering, the sacrifice of Christ. {RH, January 9, 1883 par. 2}

This heifer was to be red without spot, which was a symbol of blood. It must be without blemish, and one that had never borne a yoke. Here again Christ was typified. The Son of God came voluntarily to accomplish the work of atonement. There was no obligatory yoke upon him, for he was independent and above all law. The angels, as God's intelligent messengers, were under the yoke of obligation; no personal sacrifice of theirs could atone for the guilt of fallen man. Christ alone was free from the claims of the law to undertake the redemption of the sinful race. He had power to lay down his life and to take it up again. "Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God." {RH, January 9, 1883 par. 3}

Yet this glorious being loved the poor sinner, and took upon himself the form of a servant, that he might suffer and die in man's behalf. Jesus might have remained at his Father's right hand, wearing his kingly crown and royal robes. But he chose to exchange all the riches, honor, and glory of Heaven for the poverty of humanity, and his station of high command for the horrors of Gethsemane and the humiliation and agony of Calvary. He became a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief, that, by his baptism of suffering and blood, he might purify and redeem a guilty world. "Lo, I come," was the joyful assent, "to do thy will O God!" {RH, January 9, 1883 par. 4}

The sacrificial heifer was conducted without the camp, and slain in the most solemn manner. Thus Christ suffered without the gates of Jerusalem, for Calvary was outside the city walls. This was to show that Christ did not die for the Hebrews alone, but for all mankind. He proclaims to a fallen world that he has come to be their Redeemer, and urges them to accept the salvation which he offers. {RH, January 9, 1883 par. 5}

The heifer having been slain, the priest, clothed in pure white garments, took the blood in his hands as it issued from the body of the victim, and cast it toward the temple seven times. Thus Christ in his own spotless righteousness, after shedding his precious blood, entered into the heavenly sanctuary to minister in the sinner's behalf. And there the crimson current is brought into the service of reconciling God to man. "And having a high priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart, in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water." {RH, January 9, 1883 par. 6}

The body of the heifer was burned to ashes, which signified a whole and ample sacrifice. The ashes were then gathered up by a person uncontaminated by contact with the dead, and laid up in a clean place without the camp. When the ceremony of cleansing was to be performed, these were placed in a vessel containing water from a running stream. This clean and pure person then took a cedar stick with scarlet cloth and a bunch of hyssop and sprinkled the contents of the vessel upon the tent and the persons therein. This ceremony was repeated several times in order to be thorough, and was done as a purification from sin. {RH, January 9, 1883 par. 7}

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying about the scapegoat. Do you agree with Ellen in the following passages:

Quote:
Once a year, on the great Day of Atonement, the priest entered the most holy place for the cleansing of the sanctuary. The work there performed completed the yearly round of ministration. On the Day of Atonement two kids of the goats were brought to the door of the tabernacle, and lots were cast upon them, "one lot for the Lord, and the other lot for the scapegoat." Verse 8. The goat upon which fell the lot for the Lord was to be slain as a sin offering for the people. And the priest was to bring his blood within the veil and sprinkle it upon the mercy seat and before the mercy seat. The blood was also to be sprinkled upon the altar of incense that was before the veil. {GC 419.1}

"And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness: and the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited." Verses 21, 22. The scapegoat came no more into the camp of Israel, and the man who led him away was required to wash himself and his clothing with water before returning to the camp. {GC 419.2}

Important truths concerning the atonement are taught by the typical service. A substitute was accepted in the sinner's stead; but the sin was not canceled by the blood of the victim. A means was thus provided by which it was transferred to the sanctuary. By the offering of blood the sinner acknowledged the authority of the law, confessed his guilt in transgression, and expressed his desire for pardon through faith in a Redeemer to come; but he was not yet entirely released from the condemnation of the law. On the Day of Atonement the high priest, having taken an offering from the congregation, went into the most holy place with the blood of this offering, and sprinkled it upon the mercy seat, directly over the law, to make satisfaction for its claims. Then, in his character of mediator, he took the sins upon himself and bore them from the sanctuary. Placing his hands upon the head of the scapegoat, he confessed over him all these sins, thus in figure transferring them from himself to the goat. The goat then bore them away, and they were regarded as forever separated from the people. {GC 420.1}

It was seen, also, that while the sin offering pointed to Christ as a sacrifice, and the high priest represented Christ as a mediator, the scapegoat typified Satan, the author of sin, upon whom the sins of the truly penitent will finally be placed. When the high priest, by virtue of the blood of the sin offering, removed the sins from the sanctuary, he placed them upon the scapegoat. When Christ, by virtue of His own blood, removes the sins of His people from the heavenly sanctuary at the close of His ministration, He will place them upon Satan, who, in the execution of the judgment, must bear the final penalty. The scapegoat was sent away into a land not inhabited, never to come again into the congregation of Israel. So will Satan be forever banished from the presence of God and His people, and he will be blotted from existence in the final destruction of sin and sinners. {GC 422.2}

In the typical service the high priest, having made the atonement for Israel, came forth and blessed the congregation. So Christ, at the close of His work as mediator, will appear, "without sin unto salvation" (Hebrews 9:28), to bless His waiting people with eternal life. As the priest, in removing the sins from the sanctuary, confessed them upon the head of the scapegoat, so Christ will place all these sins upon Satan, the originator and instigator of sin. The scapegoat, bearing the sins of Israel, was sent away "unto a land not inhabited" (Leviticus 16:22); so Satan, bearing the guilt of all the sins which he has caused God's people to commit, will be for a thousand years confined to the earth, which will then be desolate, without inhabitant, and he will at last suffer the full penalty of sin in the fires that shall destroy all the wicked. Thus the great plan of redemption will reach its accomplishment in the final eradication of sin and the deliverance of all who have been willing to renounce evil. {GC 485.3}

Now the event takes place foreshadowed in the last solemn service of the Day of Atonement. When the ministration in the holy of holies had been completed, and the sins of Israel had been removed from the sanctuary by virtue of the blood of the sin offering, then the scapegoat was presented alive before the Lord; and in the presence of the congregation the high priest confessed over him "all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat." Leviticus 16:21. In like manner, when the work of atonement in the heavenly sanctuary has been completed, then in the presence of God and heavenly angels and the hosts of the redeemed the sins of God's people will be placed upon Satan; he will be declared guilty of all the evil which he has caused them to commit. And as the scapegoat was sent away into a land not inhabited, so Satan will be banished to the desolate earth, an uninhabited and dreary wilderness. {GC 658.1}

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!