HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, TheophilusOne, 1 invisible), 3,299 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 34 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 33 34
Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: dedication] #135913
09/04/11 04:21 PM
09/04/11 04:21 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
The reason we are discouraged from this type of prophetic interpretation is because it raises excitement then drops a person cold as yet another and then another and then another prediction fails. It destroys people's regard for prophecy.

Nonsense.

Setting false times and dates does that very thing.

But studying the Word of God to show yourself approved of God and to understand those things that He put in His word for His people weeds out the faithful from the wantabee.

In Christ's day the same feeble argument that you suggest here kept the people from accepting Jesus as the Savior and Satan is using "God's people" to cast their shadow over truth now by the same means.

The four beasts of Daniel 7 depict the world empires --
Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, followed by a divided Europe (ten horns) and the papacy.

That was true in the initial application. But the book of Daniel was sealed until the time of the end. And the world empires were understood in the 2nd century AD, which was 1500-years B 4 the time of the end (1798) when Daniel was unsealed and opened. So to suggest that the understanding that was not closed-up, shut-up, and sealed B 4 the time of the end of kingdoms that do not exist in the time of the end and that it is the interpretation that is the one that applies to the time of the end is foolishness.

Daniel 7:17 clearly states KINGS from the earth. the word for KINGS is kings 2800 times in Scripture and NEVER kingdoms. So to take heaven's interpretation and explain it away is to put a private interpretation in place of Scripture. And in Daniel 7, the 4 beasts that he saw were from the SEA, but HEAVEN'S interpreter states that the interpretation that is given is applicable to the earth-beasts. Heaven is not confused. Earth and Sea are different. And since Daniel 7 and Revelation 13 use the same symbolism, lion, bear, leopard, sea, and earth: it is a gross misapplication of the prophetic symbolism to make the earth and the sea be the same thing in Daniel 7 and different things in Revelation 13.

Originally Posted By: EGW
There should be a settled belief in the divine authority of God's Holy Word. The Bible is not to be tested by men's ideas of science. Human knowledge is an unreliable guide. Skeptics who read the Bible for the sake of caviling, may, through an imperfect comprehension of either science or revelation, claim to find contradictions between them; but rightly understood, they are in perfect harmony. ... All truth, whether in nature or in revelation, is consistent with itself in all its manifestations. {PP 114.1}

I really don't think Obama is the last president of the endtime.

You are welcome to keep your belief, but it is not consistent with the evidence presented. Unless you have prayerfully, earnestly studied the evidence with more than a superficial glance: it comes down to your opinion verses Present Truth. Private interpretations are quite unreliable when it comes to life altering Bible study.
Yes, he is advancing the agenda, but the endtime president will be a RELIGIOUS Christian president.
Someone like Rick Perry

Remember -- the endtime crises is over worship. Worship laws will be enforced that are after the commandments of men,
NOT after the commandments of God.

Worship is the issue, but worship is based on trust, belief, and obedience. Since the word of God states the many things that I have identified; if an individual refuses to believe Present Truth, does not trust the word sufficiently to search out things that are of eternal consequences, that person will not obey the word when it cuts across their personal opinions that they have accepted as being of more value than a sure thus saith the Lord.

Yes, time is running out.

These are flattering words. We accept generalities, but don't bother us with the specifics.

No, we are not to set dates, nor reapply the long time lines of prophecy.

As I read your closing statement, it shows a total lack of understanding of what I have set forth in previous posts.
When the Bible and spirit of Prophecy declare that history will be repeated, the prophecy that foretells the history is repeated. History and prophecy are not divorced one from another.

It is so true that many are called, but few are chosen. When Christ Comes the Virgins that slept too long will see that they relied on sight and did not depend on the Holy Spirit to guide them into all truth.
Christian Regards
Originally Posted By: Daniel 11:33-34
And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days. Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: dedication] #135914
09/04/11 04:38 PM
09/04/11 04:38 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Yes, time is running out.
I won't be surprised at all if Rick Perry gets in, he seems to be groomed to carry out the last day description of the endtimes.

BUT
No, we are not to set dates, nor reapply the long time lines of prophecy.
Henry (His Child) has set dates before that have failed.

Sister U,

Perhaps you would share some evidence to validate your accusation. But please keep it in context. In the past my words have been edited so that my posts ended up saying things that I did not say and when I would post a clarification to correct the corruption, conveniently the moderator(s) would fail to allow the post. Perhaps "God's servants" have cast their shadow over Present Truth and kept it from those that they deemed to feeble minded to view the facts and study them for themselves?

But of course making honest mistakes in Bible interpretation puts me in good company:

William Miller said Christ would come in 1843.
Christ did not come in 1843.

William Miller said Christ would come in 1844.
Christ did not come in 1844.

And like Wm Miller, I was close to having all the truth before the fact and able to study to understand more as prophecy and history continued to merge because God is merciful and He has a message that He is going to get out at the APPOINTED TIME in spite of "His Servants" that would cast their long shadows over it!

Last edited by His child; 09/04/11 04:43 PM.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: Mountain Man] #135917
09/04/11 05:16 PM
09/04/11 05:16 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Originally Posted By: His Child
. . . I had to go back to the drawing board and study the prophecy to see if I was a little off course or way off course.

It was back to the prophecy again.

History and prophecy are aligning to explain Daniel and Revelation. Unless something has been overlooked or is not in focus yet.

Better to study to show yourself approved of God and be in that number than to try to explain away the sure word of God as it is fulfilling around you.

You are very good at recalculating prophecy to accommodate changes. You sound absolutely certain you are right this time, you even lament the fact so few people are willing to agree with your current revision of prophecy, but it is very likely things will not unfold according to your view, and then what? - you will probably discover a mistake, find a rational reason for it, and then present yet another revision with the same fervor as before. Do you see the dilemma?

Mountain Man,

I am human and I am not all-knowing.

But to use my humanity, frailness, and lack of knowledge as an excuse to remain in darkness when light is shining about you won't cut it.

"There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Ignorance is no excuse for error or sin, when there is every opportunity to know the will of God. A man is traveling, and comes to a place where there are several roads, and a guide-board indicating where each one leads. If he disregards the guide-board, and takes whichever road seems to him to be right, he may be ever so sincere, but will in all probability find himself on the wrong road. {RH, June 28, 1906 par. 5}

You have access to what I have shared. Confirm it or disprove it. Truth will withstand scrutiny. Error will be seen for what it is. But to discount it or reject it because it does not fit into you scheme of things is to your peril.

The man who rejects the word of the Lord, who endeavors to establish his own way and will, tears to pieces the messenger and message which God sends in order to discover to him his sin. His own inclinations have influenced his conduct, and he has built himself up in a wrong way. The divine rule is, "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." But he would not do this. As a man thinketh, so is he. From within, out of the heart, proceed evil thoughts inspired by Satan. He begins to quibble at technicalities and manners. The spirit of Satan links him up with the enemy to bear a word of criticism on less important themes. The truth becomes of less and still less value to him. He becomes an accuser of his brethren, etc., and changes leaders. The outside world has a greater weight with him than has the flood of light that God has poured in upon the world in messages that He has given, and which he once rejoiced in. {TM 408.3}

The dilemma is as it was in the days of Noah: rightly receiving the message and getting into the ark of safety or choosing to stay outside. It is as it was in Jeremiah's day: 2 men with different messages - one was of God and the other was not. Who to believe?

From your posts and your tone, it appears that you have made up your mind and are simply trying to justify your decision.

But as for me; I will follow the word of God as I understand it and continue watching, waiting, praying, and studying and if that means growing from light unto light so be it. But I won't assume that light that God has given in the past is all sufficient and that it will not yield to more light as the Day of the Lord nears.

Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: Mountain Man] #135919
09/04/11 05:41 PM
09/04/11 05:41 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
His Child, how many people agree with your interpretation of prophecy? Are you the only one? I understand numbers doesn't matter, but it seems unlikely the final warning message will be rejected by all save you and a small handful. ...

You didn't answer my question - How many people agree with your current revision of prophecy?

That is a judgmental phrasing "your current revision of prophecy."

I don't know how many. I have given numerous talks, books, e-books, 1 on 1 chats and it is a split house. But there are those who are circulating my material, and people are coming up to me out of the blue all the time praising God that they have found this light. The numbers are growing.

And since God knows who needs the message and how His word is to go forth so that it does not return to Him void, I am confident that it will do what He sends it to do for those who have an ear and hear the wee small voice.
I am frequently encountering SDA ministers, elders, and deacons that are praising God for the study.

Does the following passage describe your movement?

Quote:
The great work of the gospel is not to close with less manifestation of the power of God than marked its opening. The prophecies which were fulfilled in the outpouring of the former rain at the opening of the gospel, are again to be fulfilled in the latter rain at its close. . . . {FLB 332.5}

Servants of God, with their faces lighted up and shining with holy consecration, will hasten from place to place to proclaim the message from heaven. By thousands of voices, all over the earth, the warning will be given. Miracles will be wrought, the sick will be healed, and signs and wonders will follow the believers. Satan also works with lying wonders, even bringing down fire from heaven in the sight of men. Thus the inhabitants of the earth will be brought to take their stand. {FLB 332.6}

The message will be carried not so much by argument as by the deep conviction of the Spirit of God. . . . The rays of light penetrate everywhere, the truth is seen in its clearness, and the honest children of God sever the bands which have held them. {FLB 332.7}

God has a work for His people to do for the world, and if they will work in harmony with one another and with heaven, He will demonstrate His power in their behalf as He did for His first disciples on the day of Pentecost. {FLB 332.8}

When the Holy Spirit is poured out in the latter rain, this will be fulfilled. The fulfillment of Daniel and Revelation as seen in our day will coincide with the Loud Cry against the Mark of the Beast.

Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: His child] #135921
09/05/11 01:10 AM
09/05/11 01:10 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Br. H.
I have read many of your posts for many years on more than one forum.
Remember Clinton and Gore and how you had Daniel 11 outlining their lives. Clinton was supposed to "fall" and Gore was to take over. That was back about 1995.
I haven't kept track of all the details, just seen enough of the strong declarations that whatever you saw in scripture and your connecting it to the local news was "present truth" essential for salvation, only to have it revamped as the local news didn't line up with the predictions.

I have no problems with looking at local news and seeing things shaping up, with the thought that yes MAYBE this will bring the end very, very soon.

But constantly re-organizing prophecy to fit current news and each time coming with absolute positiveness that THIS TIME it is absolutely right, just isn't the way to go.
Not only does it cause people to stop taking prophecy seriously, it also destroys the SURE WORD OF PROPHECY that is the very foundation of our belief system as Seventh-day Adventists.

We should take James White more seriously.
U. Smith was following a path similar to yours during the Russian/Turkish wars in 1877, using the then current news to interpret prophecy.

James White wrote:

"Positions taken upon the Eastern question
are based upon prophecies which have not yet
their fulfillment
. Here we should tread lightly,
and take positions carefully, lest we be found
removing the landmarks fully established in the
advent movement
But what
will be the result of this positiveness in unfulfilled
prophecies should things not come out as
very confidently expected
, is an anxious question.
Wars, pestilences, famines, and earthquakes
are not the surest signs of the end. These have
ever existed. We may have war, then peace,
pestilence, then health, famine, then plenty,
earthquakes, then the bowels of the earth may
be quiet ; but the message of the third angel is
given but once. The progress of this work in
fulfillment of prophecy is the highest and brightest
light now shining in the religious heavens

Those looking at the Eastern question will probably
be disappointed ; but we may bear our
whole weight upon the last message without
fear of disappointment
....." (Review and Herald November 29, 1877 p172)

James White was right -- U. Smith's predictions failed.

While your predictions are different, the principle of James White's message still applies today.

Those looking at your predictins will probably
be disappointed ; but we may bear our
whole weight upon the last message (the third angel's message) without
fear of disappointment
....."

Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: dedication] #135927
09/05/11 01:10 PM
09/05/11 01:10 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Br. H.
I have read many of your posts for many years on more than one forum....
We should take James White more seriously.

Sister U,

Communication is an art that is not mastered rapidly by all.

When studying Bible prophecy, it is possible to correctly align history and prophecy as far as they go.

The example that you cite is one of my following prophecy as far as it could be followed at the time and wondering aloud if it will turn this way or that. And giving reasonable insights as to why it could go this way or that based on the meaning of texts that had not then fulfilled.

At the time, I repeatedly asked for feedback and got very little from you as I recall. And as things unfolded, and history fulfilled prophecy, my understanding was able to mature and keep abreast with prophecy and history.

Unfortunately, your decision was not only one of withholding feedback, but also one of not keeping up with the prophecy. And then to obstruct any light that did not fit your stationary understanding.

Thus when I understood the Spirit of Prophecy statement:

The prophecies of Daniel and of John are to be understood. They interpret each other. They give to the world truths which every one should understand. These prophecies are to be witnesses in the world. By their fulfillment in these last days they will explain themselves. {7BC 949.6}

I was able to wonder aloud as to what to expect (less) and watch how the prophecies were explaining themselves (more).

But since you did not understand what I said in the past and when you at times "explained my positions" to others on your forum, you gave it your twist and would not allow me to correct your erroneous take on my views. That was unfortunate because by doing so you placed your shadow between light from heaven and individuals that were seeking for light.

And now that I am more in tune with James White's counsel that you kindly shared, you are more opposed to considering how prophecy has been fulfilled in current events. That is probably because you have made up your mind and no matter what the facts are, you will hold to your opinion. You once wrote me, "No American Presidents are identified in Daniel 7." So now that prophecy is verifiable and the American Presidents are identifiable and confirmed, you can't see how "Daniel and Revelation are explaining themselves by their fulfillment in these last days."

I truly regret that you did not understand what I was writing at the time and that you did not see the merit of giving feedback that could have blessed my searching for truth. I had always thought that you were intelligent and had insights that were a blessing. But when you took the position that things were cut and dry that were not so cut and dry, it came across as your way or the highway. That was not very helpful.

Christian Regards

Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: His child] #135929
09/05/11 01:35 PM
09/05/11 01:35 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: His Child
From your posts and your tone, it appears that you have made up your mind and are simply trying to justify your decision.

You are constantly revising your views to justify failed predictions and to accommodate current events. You firmly believe each revision is "present truth" and lament those who do not wholeheartedly embrace it. Each time your predictions fail you figure out a way to explain it rationally and then come up with "new light" and describe the process as advancing from "light to light". It doesn't ring right, brother. I am completely comfortable with the way Ellen White left it in the book The Great Controversy. If we as individuals and a church continue to proclaim the truth about Jesus, victorious living, and the Sabbath - we are doing the will of God.

Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: kland] #135933
09/05/11 03:57 PM
09/05/11 03:57 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Sounds like you are saying there is no more definite time prophecy. smile
What about Daniel 12? One had objected to those time prophecies because they have no begin nor end dates - no definite time. Would you agree this is still prophetic time, but not definite time just like the 1000 years, which are yet to be fulfilled?

Yesterday, the Lord blessed my study of "No prophetic time after 1844" related to Daniel 12's 1335-days.

Some SDA's teach that Sister White states that there is no prophetic time past 1844.

But EGW does not contradict herself.

I would not be inclined to set time for Christ to come, and thus place myself under the same condemnation with those whom I was reproving. And I had no vision until 1845, which was after the passing of the time of general expectation in 1844. I was then shown what I have here stated. {1T 72.3}

Since Ellen White had no visions until after 1844, all of her Heaven inspired views on prophetic time were given after 1844.

But since 1798 the book of Daniel has been unsealed, knowledge of the prophecies has increased, and many have proclaimed the solemn message of the Judgment near. {GC88 356.2}

In 1888, Ellen White stated that the book of Daniel was unsealed since 1798 and knowledge of the prophecies has increased.

Blessed are the eyes which saw the things that were seen in 1843 and 1844. The message was given. And there should be no delay in repeating the message, for the signs of the times are fulfilling; the closing work must be done. A great work will be done in a short time. A message will soon be given by God's appointment that will swell into a loud cry. Then Daniel will stand in his lot, to give his testimony. [Ms 122, 1903, pp. 1-4. ("The Time of the End," Oct. 9, 1903.)] {2MR 20.1}

In this 1903 statement, Ellen White began at 1843-44 and states "A great work will be done" thus putting that work in the future "will be done" after 1844. She continues "A message will soon be given by God's appointment" further placing that message in the future from the time of her statement in 1903. This message is to swell into the LOUD CRY: Then Daniel will stand in his lot, to give his testimony. Also note that this is "the closing work." The closing work does not link to the beginning of the opening of the book of Daniel but to the ending or the closing of the work of Daniel.

Thus after making the statement in 1888 that Daniel was standing in his lot in 1798, Ellen White clearly states that Daniel will stand in his lot after 1903. But if Daniel was standing in his lot in 1798 how can she say that he will stand in his lot in the future after 1903?

The statement about 1798 gives some insight: "knowledge of the prophecies has increased." As knowledge of Daniel's prophecy has increased since 1798, it is to increase further after 1903.

This is evident from Revelation 10.

Originally Posted By: Revelation 10:7-11
the mystery of God should be finished, as He hath declared to His servants the prophets.
8 ¶ And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.
9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
10 And I took the little book out of the angel’s hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

The little book that was opened was the sealed book of Daniel that had been opened around 1798. Thus when John was commanded to eat the little book of Daniel, he was prophesying about the 1843-44 period when preaching that the fulfillment of Daniel's prophesy was a sweet message that turned sour when Jesus did not come as anticipated. Then comes the command "Thou must prophesy again."

The books of Daniel and the Revelation are one. One is a prophecy, the other a revelation; one a book sealed, the other a book opened. (MS 59, 1900). {7BC 971.5}

Thus when the command was given, "Thou must prophesy again" it is true that both Daniel and Revelation (as one book) are being commanded by order of Heaven to "prophesy again." But in another sense, Daniel, which is the prophecy "must prophesy again." So after the 1844 disappointment, the book of Daniel is to repeat its prophecy when it is to "prophesy again."

In his vision of the last days Daniel inquired, "O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? ...the wise shall understand. . . . Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days" [Daniel 12:8-13]. Daniel has been standing in his lot since the seal was removed [1798] and the light of truth has been shining upon his visions. He stands in his lot [now in 1893], bearing the testimony which was to be understood at the end of the days. {1SAT 225.5}
"And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased" [Daniel 12:1-4].--Manuscript 50, 1893, September, 1893. (MR 900.33) {1SAT 226.1}

Thus Daniel continues standing in his lot in 1893 that he began to do in 1798. But in 1893 Daniel is standing in his lot with instructions from Heaven that had not been given to him in 1798; (Daniel) You must prophesy again. Thus in 1893 Daniel stands in his lot bearing his testimony (A message will soon be given by God's appointment the closing work that will swell into a loud cry).

And the timing of Daniel's standing in His lot to give this closing message is linked to Michael standing for His people. Thus Ellen White is linking heaven's command for Daniel to prophesy again to Daniel's giving a special message at God's appointed time just before Christ stands for His people at His Second Advent. Daniel's message is at God's appointed time not at a vague unspecified time. And the message that EGW links to Daniel standing with the closing message is linked to the 1335-days of Daniel 12.

The 1335-days in Daniel 12 is an important message that needs to be understood.

The words of the angel to Daniel relating to the last days were to be understood in the time of the end. At that time, "many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." "The wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand." Daniel 12:4, 10. {DA 234.4}

Thus Ellen White gives sufficient counsel that the 1335-days of Daniel will be in the last days after 1903 and that they will be understood by the wise. But her teaching is made void by a teaching that there is no prophetic time after 1844 to intervene to Christ's Second Advent that is after 1903. This is confusion to make EGW contradict herself and it is not of God. It is a satanic shadow cast over truth so that God's people will be kept in darkness until it is too late for the knowledge that they need to understand will be kept from them until it is to late to do them any good.

Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: Mountain Man] #135953
09/06/11 05:45 PM
09/06/11 05:45 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Sometimes wrong impressions are formed in ignorance. If only the voice of the Good Shepherd could be heard, things might be different. (See 1888 836.3)

pray

Re: No Prophetic Time after 1844 [Re: His child] #135975
09/07/11 05:32 AM
09/07/11 05:32 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: His child

Quote:

I would not be inclined to set time for Christ to come, and thus place myself under the same condemnation with those whom I was reproving. And I had no vision until 1845, which was after the passing of the time of general expectation in 1844. I was then shown what I have here stated. {1T 72.3}

Since Ellen White had no visions until after 1844, all of her Heaven inspired views on prophetic time were given after 1844.

????
Yet all her APPLICATIONS of those time lines showed they had ended in 1844 and were NOT to be reapplied.

Here's the full quote

Quote:
These statements relative to time setting were printed about thirty years ago, and the books containing them have been circulated everywhere; yet some ministers claiming to be well acquainted with me, state that I have set time after time for the Lord to come, and those times have passed, therefore my visions are false. No doubt these false statements are received by many as truth; but none who are acquainted with me or with my labors can in candor make such report. This is the testimony I have ever borne since the passing of the time in 1844: "Time after time will be set by different ones, and will pass by; and the influence of this time setting will tend to destroy the faith of God's people." If I had in vision seen definite time, and had borne my testimony to it, I could not have written and published, in the face of this testimony, that all times that should be set would pass, for the time of trouble must come before the coming
of Christ. Certainly for the last thirty years, that is, since the publication of this statement, I would not be inclined to set time for Christ to come, and thus place myself under the same condemnation with those whom I was reproving. And I had no vision until 1845, which was after the passing of the time of general expectation in 1844. I was then shown what I have here stated. {1T 72.3}

Page 8 of 34 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 33 34

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!