HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, TheophilusOne, 1 invisible), 3,654 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 36 1 2 34 35 36
Re: Did Christ died the 'second death' for us... [Re: Mountain Man] #136241
09/24/11 11:00 PM
09/24/11 11:00 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
I don't know all the answers to these questions, and really, I don't think we finite beings can ever fully understand all the details this side of heaven. Its a subject we will study through all eternity and still gain fresh insights into this redemption plan.

So my answer to Rosangla is that, yes, Christ tasted or experienced the agonies of the second death, but He arose again which is impossible for those who actually die the second death.

My understanding of the first and second death is:
--the first death is likened to a "sleep". A situation from which the voice of God awakens us.
--the second death is eternal, one from which there is no return.

So yes, I see Christ as "tasting" or experiencing the full agonies of a person entering the second death. That agony was extremely intense because Christ and the Father had a closeness unequaled by anything we know.

Quote:
If the sufferings of Christ consisted in physical pain alone, then His death was no more painful than that of some of the martyrs. But bodily pain was but a small part of the agony of God's dear Son. The sins of the world were upon Him, also the sense of His Father's wrath as He suffered the penalty of the law transgressed. It was these that crushed His divine soul. . . . The separation that sin makes between God and man was fully realized and keenly felt by the innocent, suffering Man of Calvary. He was oppressed by the powers of darkness. He had not one ray of light to brighten the future. . . . It was in this terrible hour of darkness, the face of His Father hidden, legions of evil angels enshrouding Him, the sins of the world upon Him, that the words were wrenched from His lips: "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (AG 163)

So in that sense He EXPERIENCED every agony those who are eternally lost could experience. The eternally lost however will experience nothing more, ever.

But His death was not eternal, Christ arose and lives!

Last edited by dedication; 09/24/11 11:03 PM.
Re: Did Christ died the 'second death' for us... [Re: Mountain Man] #136242
09/24/11 11:32 PM
09/24/11 11:32 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Dedication, it was the humanity of Christ that died on the cross. Divinity did not die. The reason divinity did not die is due to the fact Jesus never sinned. I guess in one sense the humanity of Jesus was not resurrected for the simple reason Jesus was raised to life with an entirely different human body. His sinful flesh body vanished. In this sense I guess it can be said His sinful flesh died the second death.

I'm afraid that raises a few questions in my mind. It almost sounds like Christ was three independant beings?? Though that's probably not what you meant.

Christ's divinty in my understanding was an attribute, not a separate being that continued consious living after the body died. I can agree that that attribute, along with His sinlessness, made it impossible for death to hold Him. But I also believe Christ was totally in the unconcious sleep of death.

Christ was also resurrected in the glorified human body -- it was still a human body complete with the scars of the nails in His hands and feet and the wound in His side from the spear. A glorified body yes, but still a human body -- the same PERSON that was crucified.

Those resurrected in the first resurrection at Christ's coming, -- resurrected from the first death of "sleep", will also have glorified human bodies yet still be the same persons they were before death. But they did not, nor will not experience the second death.

Quote:
The resurrection of Jesus was a type of the final resurrection of all who sleep in Him. The countenance of the risen Saviour, His manner, His speech, were all familiar to His disciples. As Jesus arose from the dead, so those who sleep in Him are to rise again. We shall know our friends, even as the disciples knew Jesus. They may have been deformed, diseased, or disfigured in this mortal life, and they rise in perfect health and symmetry, yet in the glorified body their identity will be perfectly preserved.--DA 804

But as I mentioned earlier, I don't think finite minds can fully understand all the details in the glorious redemption plan carried out by God.

Re: Did Christ died the 'second death' for us... [Re: dedication] #136254
09/26/11 12:04 AM
09/26/11 12:04 AM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
Yes, Dedication, it's about the person! grin That's the key to understanding this. smile

This is a mystery, with about one single opening for our limited, finite minds that God has given us.

No, the divinity of Christ did not, could not die, but the divine person, the Son of God, could and did. cool

Sister White says that the Author of life suffered on Calvary. That's at least one clue to how God himself did die for us.

Christ did taste death for every man, as Dedication noted (Heb 2:9), rather than die without being resurrected: his righteousness earned him his resurrection, not just gifting his merits to this world - amen, hallelujah.

It was as the person of the Son of God that Jesus offered himself a worthy sacrifice for the sins of the world.

Last edited by Colin; 09/26/11 12:18 AM.
Re: Did Christ died the 'second death' for us... [Re: Colin] #136280
09/27/11 03:42 PM
09/27/11 03:42 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Isn't it significant that Jesus rose again as a divine-human being without a sinful flesh body and nature? He rose again a radically different being. His divinity could not have lapsed into an unconscious state while Jesus rested in the tomb. But I agree Jesus as a divine-human being was resting in an unconscious state.

Re: Did Christ died the 'second death' for us... [Re: Rosangela] #137786
12/01/11 11:35 AM
12/01/11 11:35 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Since you are speaking about types, this is what the type shows: after the high priest has finished the atonement for the sanctuary and for the people with the blood of the goat for the Lord, the high priest puts the legal responsibility for the sins of the people upon this goat, which is not slain for these sins, and sends him away to a solitary land, where he will eventually die and never come back again.

Where is the underlined section written in Scripture?

Blessings
Re: Did Christ died the 'second death' for us... [Re: Elle] #137898
12/05/11 02:24 AM
12/05/11 02:24 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I only found three instances where the word "scapegoat" in used in the KJV, which is:

Lev_16:8 And Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats; one lot for the LORD, and the other lot for the scapegoat.

Lev_16:10 But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.

Lev_16:26 And he that let go the goat for the scapegoat shall wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in water, and afterward come into the camp.

Originally Posted By: Elle
Since you are speaking about types, this is what the type shows: after the high priest has finished the atonement for the sanctuary and for the people with the blood of the goat for the Lord, the high priest puts the legal responsibility for the sins of the people upon this goat, which is not slain for these sins, and sends him away to a solitary land, where he will eventually die and never come back again.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Did Christ died the 'second death' for us... [Re: Daryl] #138045
12/10/11 09:42 AM
12/10/11 09:42 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Daryl F
I only found three instances where the word "scapegoat" in used in the KJV, which is:

Lev_16:8 And Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats; one lot for the LORD, and the other lot for the scapegoat.

Lev_16:10 But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.

Lev_16:26 And he that let go the goat for the scapegoat shall wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in water, and afterward come into the camp.

Originally Posted By: Elle

Tx Daryl for the texts. Kland has brought to my attention where the sin were laid on the head of the 2nd goat("the live goat") which is found in Lev 16:21.

Then I decided to re-read the whole chapter again in case I missed something else. If you read Lev 16:5 please note that both goats were sin-offerings. For an animal to be a sin-offering, the animal needed to be without blemish to represent Jesus. Both animals were without blemish, so both animals represented Jesus. A perfect goat cannot represent Satan.

Our confusion and error in thinking the second goat is Azazel, is due to many English Tranlation that have translated it as so, when actually the original text says that the second goat was sent TO a third goat called Azazel. I have supplied the details with interlinear and the masoretic text to support this post #137916 in the discussion Is the Scapegoat Satan or Jesus?

In respect to this discussion, the point MM makes ....
Originally Posted By: MM
He earned this right by tasting and conquering the second death. Had He succumbed to it, death would have triumphed over Him. On the day of atonement it was the scapegoat who bore the sins of the saved away from the camp and into the wilderness. Satan will perish with our sins. He will die the second death with our sins.
.... is totally erronous and unfounded. This type of conclusion is based on the fact that we totally do not understand the difference between the first death and the second death. Let's look in how the Lord define the 1st adn 2nd death via His WORD before we can attempt making conclusion.

Blessings
Page 36 of 36 1 2 34 35 36

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!