HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,649
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 17
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, TheophilusOne, 1 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Elle] #138685
01/09/12 08:01 PM
01/09/12 08:01 PM
H
Harold Fair  Offline
Active Member 2013
Florida, USA
Quote:
what are you doing with these texts plus all the other texts I have provided that says all will be saved??? Have you swept them under the carpet?

I haven't swept anytning under any carpet. you obviously have. Who do you think the ones raised in Revelation 20 that outnumber the sand of the sea are? The ones that follow Satan to the Holy City and are 'consumed'??

Harold T.
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Elle] #138687
01/10/12 12:04 AM
01/10/12 12:04 AM
cephalopod  Offline
Active Member 2014
Washington, USA
Originally Posted By: Ellie

You have made Ellen White into a sock puppet, which I agree with Kland it is quite derogatory. I do agree that at time G-d will talk through a person in such fashion, just as He has done with the donkey; however it is only in exception.

I never made her into one - God did...
...And Sister White accepted that lot.

Ellen and James has never encouraged your extreme position. Nor have they encouraged to rely on Ellen's words to settle doctrinal grounds. I recommend you watch this video. FP782 - The Great Gulf Joseph Smith vs. Ellen White on the Relation of the Gift of Prophecy

http://betterlifetv.tv/watch_videos_now.php?ProgID=15

Sister White said that to reject her was to reject the One who sent her...
...You can't have it ANY clearer than that.
...As for Doctrinal gounds being settled God did that THROUGH His Sock Puppet.
...I have already demonstrated that in these forums like a hot knife goes through warm butter.

As for your false statement that there are no scriptures saying that all would be saved, I see you were too lazy to check the scriptures I have provided nor read the Jubilee Law .

Sock Puppet
A sense of the treasure and glory which they have lost rushes upon them, and they realize that the wages of sin is death. They see the holy, happy company whom they have despised, clothed with glory, honor, immortality, and eternal life, while they are outside the city with every mean and abominable thing. Satan rushes into the midst of his followers and tries to stir up the multitude to action. But fire from God out of heaven is rained upon them, and the great men, and mighty men, the noble, the poor and miserable, are all consumed together. I saw that some were quickly destroyed, while others suffered longer. They were punished according to the deeds done in the body. Some were many days consuming, and just as long as there was a portion of them unconsumed, all the sense of suffering remained. Said the angel, “The worm of life shall not die; their fire shall not be quenched as long as there is the least particle for it to prey upon.” Satan and his angels suffered long. Satan bore not only the weight and punishment of his own sins, but also of the sins of the redeemed host, which had been placed upon him; and he must also suffer for the ruin of souls which he had caused. Then I saw that Satan and all the wicked host were consumed, and the justice of God was satisfied; and all the angelic host, and all the redeemed saints, with a loud voice said, “Amen!” Said the angel, “Satan is the root, his children are the branches. They are now consumed root and branch. They have died an everlasting death. They are never to have a resurrection, and God will
have a clean universe

That seriously does not look to me like "ALL" will be saved...
..."Satan suffered for the ruin of the souls he had caused".
...Now please, outrank what you've just read and tell me everyone is saved.

Do your christian duty as Ellen and James told us to do, and test all things by studying your Bible including current Church beliefs less you find yourself not following Jesus but some form of idol that you have fabricated yourself. We all do that. We all have idols in our hearts that we elevate above the leading of G-d which blinds us and grinds us down. At least if we can recognize them, then we can be on guard about them being in the way and work with G-d to remove them.

If Ellen White's bones are worth the weight of salt...
...You had better listen to the Pioneers.
...Because it was God that said through her that they taught the truth.

Last edited by cephalopod; 01/10/12 12:11 AM.
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Harold Fair] #138706
01/11/12 12:56 PM
01/11/12 12:56 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Harold
Who do you think the ones raised in Revelation 20 that outnumber the sand of the sea are? The ones that follow Satan to the Holy City and are 'consumed'??

Just because these people are said that the fire out of heaven “devoured” them doesn’t mean they were literallyconsumed” as you are implying here. We know that these people stood in front of the throne of God afterwards. If they were literally “consumed” or “devoured” and already dead a second time, they wouldn’t of been able to stand to hear G-d’s judgment wouldn’t they?

This same figure of speech was used to described Nabad and Abihu's death. Apparently in our mind they were totally literally “devoured” from the fire that came out from the Lord. However, if they were so “devoured”, why was there coat not burned and their body needed to be dragged out of the temple? (Lev 10:5 “So they went near, and carried them in their coats out of the camp; as Moses has said” ) At least we know that Nabad and Abihu were really “dead”(in sound sleep with no recollection of what was going on), whereas the people described in Rev 20:9 where not -- as they stood before the throne of God afterwards (see Rev 20:12) to hear G-d’s judgment. Then afterwards, they were thrown in the lake of fire in verse 14.

Originally Posted By: Harold Fair
Quote:
what are you doing with these texts plus all the other texts I have provided that says all will be saved??? Have you swept them under the carpet?

I haven't swept anytning under any carpet. you obviously have. Who do you think the ones raised in Revelation 20 that outnumber the sand of the sea are? The ones that follow Satan to the Holy City and are 'consumed'??
Harold be careful. You are taking literally which are figure of speech. I did the same things for the longest time. We need to be more thorough and study very deligently.

Revelation is a highly symbolic and figurative book. Also prophecies given to the prophets also are given in such type of speech. Jesus also spoke in such manner with parables. We need to be able to know what is symbolic and what is not; and learn how to extract G-d’s meaning and truth from these.

How can we do that? The most important way I've learned is to first know the Torah. “To the law(Torah = Pantateuch) and to the testimony(attestation, usage): if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. “ IS 8:20 This is the measure we need to use to test if someone’s words, interpretations, revelation, prophecies, or doctrines are true or false(Deut 13:1-11; Deut 18:15-22), including testing our own speculations or conclusions when studying scriptures. There’s no other written foundation given to man to test truth other than the Torah.

To Moses G-d did not speak in dreams, or visions, in “dark speeches”(symbols and figuratively) or not in “the similitude of the Lord”. G-d spoke "mouth to mouth" and "face to face"(Ex 12:6-8). The Pentateuch describes the plan of salvation. It is all there and with much details. This is the foundation that G-d gaved us to test and to know truth.

So, I’ve provided the foundation of G-d’s will for all men described in the Law of Jubilee. All debts(sins) are cancelled by LAW when the Jubilee comes, no manner if the offender has paid it in full or not. All is restore to their original inheritance(glorified body) given by the Lord at creation.

Then an understanding of the Feast is very important to understand in more details about how G-d is going to accomplish what he vowed in Isaiah 45 “I have sworn by myself…that unto me every knee shall bow. And every tongue shall swear”(shaba', to be complete, seven oneself, i.e. swear(by repeating a declaration 7 times) “to the glory of God” and in Num 14:21 “But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord”. Also in Ps 72:11-20, 86:9-10; and Ps 22:27 “all the ends of the world shall remember and return unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship thee. For the kingdom is the Lord’s and he is the governor among the nations.” And many more texts as such.

These expresses G-d’s will for all man which He has sworn that He will subdue all the earth. This takes time to bring all men into subjection and it takes careful planning and wisdom. The Lord has all the time of the world and He is all Wisdom and is able to accomplish His plan.

The plan of salvation laid up in the Torah will be all fulfilled by Jesus Christ who will bring all things into glory to the glory of His Father.

Blessings
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Daryl] #138722
01/11/12 07:52 PM
01/11/12 07:52 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Elle,

I am still waiting for you to answer my questions, etc. in the post. wave

Originally Posted By: Daryl F
Elle,

You mentioned the lake of fire in one of your posts.

Quote:
Rev. 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

This would indicate that there will be people whose names will not be written in the book of life and will be cast into the lake of fire, which the 14th verse refers to as the 2nd death.

What, therefore, is your understanding of the lake of fire and more particularly its reference to it being the 2nd death?

Also, what is your understanding of the 2nd death?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Daryl] #138725
01/11/12 08:43 PM
01/11/12 08:43 PM
H
Harold Fair  Offline
Active Member 2013
Florida, USA
Quote:
Harold be careful. You are taking literally which are figure of speech. I did the same things for the longest time. We need to be more thorough and study very deligently.

If one can't take the Bible literally, what can we take? Ask my wife what 'consumed' means to me. She bakes me a peach cobbler and it is consumed. There is nothing left of it. You seem to think we all will have a second chance. Where you get that I have no idea. Hebrews 9:27 says, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" Just once.
We ALL face that judgment throne. But the sinner goes no farther.
His fate has already been set by himself. We ALL chose what the future holds for us.

Last edited by Daryl F; 01/11/12 10:04 PM. Reason: Reformatted the quoted portion of this post.

Harold T.
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Harold Fair] #138758
01/13/12 04:47 PM
01/13/12 04:47 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
In case anybody is wondering, I moved the last few posts in this thread to the thread dedicated to the EGW being referred to as a sock puppet, therefore, I am asking that any further discussion on this be posted there.

Daryl smile

Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Daryl] #138761
01/13/12 06:34 PM
01/13/12 06:34 PM
cephalopod  Offline
Active Member 2014
Washington, USA
The only text I'm aware of that claimed Jesus said everyone will end up being saved...
...Is from a Gnostic book that was mentioned on the history channel.
...I forget which one it was but that's where the idea comes from.

Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: cephalopod] #138766
01/13/12 10:43 PM
01/13/12 10:43 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Looking at the first NT text that Elle listed in her post:
Quote:
Acts 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

How does one understand the above text in light of this only a two verses earlier?
Quote:
Acts 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Looking at this in the context of verse 23, it doesn't sound like everybody will be saved, as it says those who do not hear that prophet will be destroyed from among the same seed.

Texts isolated from their context often prove to be misleading. Also, a given passage must be understood in harmony with all others. When the Word of God is taken as a whole its truths are clear and harmonious.

Daryl smile

Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Daryl] #138767
01/14/12 12:16 AM
01/14/12 12:16 AM
cephalopod  Offline
Active Member 2014
Washington, USA
Looking at that from a point of reasoning one would conclude that Acts 3:25 isn't saying anything different...
...Then when other texts said that Israel would be blessed.
...However that didn't prevent Korah from being annihilated.
...Nor did it prevent any of the other multiple apostasy recorded.

It's a blessing to be born into a good family or a good country...
...However the jails are full of people who despite being blessed.
...Never took advantage of the blessing they got.

Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Daryl] #138774
01/14/12 02:36 PM
01/14/12 02:36 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Daryl F
Elle,

You mentioned the lake of fire in one of your posts.

Quote:
Rev. 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

This would indicate that there will be people whose names will not be written in the book of life and will be cast into the lake of fire, which the 14th verse refers to as the 2nd death.

What, therefore, is your understanding of the lake of fire and more particularly its reference to it being the 2nd death?

This is a briefing of what I currently understand from the Bible.

Before going into the Lake of fire here's an important note :

Notes about Book of Life in Rev 20:15
The wording of Rev 20:11-15
  1. Does imply that many were found in the Book of Life, however it doesn’t say that it is only the names of those from the 1st ressurection.
  2. that the name of some of those from the 2nd res. could be found in the Book of life
  3. that the name of some of those from the 2nd res. would not be found in the Book of Life.

...:…Therefore Rev 20:15 does not imply that everyone raised at the 2nd ress. should be cast into the lake of fire.

Saying that all of those part of the 2nd res., their names are all not found in the book of life is purely speculation and adding to the Bible. We need to look at other texts to get more details about this.

Lake of Fire
At the Great White Throne judgment, those whose name are NOT found written in the book of life are said to be cast into the “lake of fire” (Rev. 20:15). The lake of fire is the baptism of fire that John talked about Jesus would come to baptism us with(Mat 3:11; Luk 3:16).

The lake of fire (a baptism of fire) is the anti-type of the Type found in the sanctuary service at the laver or the molten sea. The laver was the place where only the priests could wash(baptize) in order to be cleanse or purified. This is the Type of the firstfruits company(the barley harvest) who are the first ones to be baptized with fire who don’t need to be re-baptized for they have already died the second death by which this baptism brings us to. No other Israelites had access to the laver besides the priests.

The laver was the earthly manifestation of the heavenly baptism -- the baptism of fire that only Jesus can baptized man with. In the temple of Solomon, the laver was called “the molten sea” (1Kg 7:23). When gold is refined to its absolute pure state, molten gold is as clear as crystal. If the laver would have been filled with pure gold instead of water it would of looked like “a sea of glass like crystal”(Rev. 4:6) and “a sea of glass mixed with fire.”(Rev 15:2)

So the laver or the lake of fire is the final place where the great Refiner sits to purify the hearts of men. “for he is like a refiner’s fire, and like fullers’ soap: And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver” Mal 3:2,3 First He refined the hearts of the firstfruit before His 2nd coming, then He purifies the hearts of the rest of the world at the Great White Thone Judgment.

"for when thy judgments [are] in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness." Is 26:9

Second Death
I gaved my Biblical understanding on the second death in the Did Christ died the 'second death' for us... discussion. I presented my Biblical perspective of what “death” or "mortality" means. Here is an example where I differ from Stephen Jones via my personal studies. Basically, we are mortal and it is only when the full glory of God dwells in us that we become “immortal” for only God is immortal and is the source of life.

Here are some links of my study how scripture relates to the first death and the second death in the topic above here and there.

In brief, the first death is like the first birth, which is physical which is establish by G-d for man to die once. (Heb 9:27) The second death is like the second birth which is spiritual.

Those that are truly “born again” die this “second death” before hand. Paul said “I die daily” (1Co 15:31). Obviously he is talking about the second death which is the death of the "flesh" or "the old man" which is a total submission to G-d’s will.

Therefore that’s why that those that has already received the baptism of fire and the fire of God dwells in them fully, the second death has no power on them(Rev 20:6) as it cannot hurt them(Rev 2:11) any further as all their "flesh" has already "died" or "burned up" before hand.

Blessings
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/28/24 02:32 PM
Meaning of Lazarus and the Rich Man
by dedication. 05/27/24 10:56 PM
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by dedication. 05/27/24 01:26 AM
Soul and Body sleep
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:15 AM
The Flood
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:12 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/28/24 12:05 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!