HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,632
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Daryl, Kevin H), 3,289 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
Re: Astronomy question [Re: Daryl] #139439
02/04/12 05:36 AM
02/04/12 05:36 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Daryl F
I see two casting outs here; one around the time of creation and the other around the time of the cross or tree of Calvary.

Yes, this is correct. There were two castings out of Satan from heaven.

The final casting out is from each of our hearts. We are living in the last days and soon those who have not completely cast Satan out of their hearts will be lost, even if they have heard and received the good news.

This last day "casting out" is symbolized by the "scape Goat" part of the Atonement. Being lead by the Strong man out of the camp into the land of forgetfulness.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Astronomy question [Re: jamesonofthunder] #139451
02/04/12 06:37 PM
02/04/12 06:37 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
M: James, the universe was perfect when Jesus created it. The "place of darkness" you described "where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth" did not exist. When did Jesus create it? Where was it then, and where is it now? You posted this passage, "The casting down of Satan as an accuser of the brethren in heaven was accomplished by the great work of Christ in giving up His life." During which degree or stage did this happen (referring to your list above)? "And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, and prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him" (Rev 12:7-9). During which degree or stage did this happen?

J: Brother, do I have to do your investigation for you? Or could you make a little effort yourself seeing it is so important for you to understand?

Oh, I'm sorry, I'm not asking you to answer my questions because I don't have time to research the answers. My questions are aimed at learning what you believe about it.

First off how could the universe be perfect if as you say Satan was already here?

Was the universe perfect before the angels sinned? Or, did "the place of darkness" you described "where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth" exist before they sinned? If not, when did Jesus create it? And, where is it?

If you would read just one verse further in the Rev 12 text quoted, you would see when this happened (not to mention the SOP texts that have already been quoted). OK here it is, open up. This is when Satan was permanently cast out of heaven...

If you will look at the quoted chapter 12 in Revelation, you see Jesus ascended to heaven in verse 5. But in verse 10 is where Satan was permanently cast out...

10 And I heard a great voice in heaven, saying, Now is come the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, who accuseth them before our God day and night.

How could Satan accuse the brethren if when Satan was originally cast out of heaven they weren't created yet?

You find this same theme throughout the new testament including...

Colossians 1:12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. 13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Here's more support.

Look at Rev 12:9 "And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him."

1: how could Satan be the "ancient serpent" here if this is when he was originally kicked out of heaven? Satan became the serpent at his fall and there wasn't an ancient past for the world before that time because Adam fell at the beginning.

2: the "deceiver of the whole world" proves there was a whole world to deceive, not just two people like at the beginning of earth. So this is when Jesus became the second Adam, thus Satan was cast out of the place of meeting for the sons of God.

Thank you for answering my question. It is clear to me now you believe Rev 12 describes Satan and his angels being "cast into the earth" after Jesus returned to heaven. However, what is not clear to me is where you believe the evil angels were sent when they were first "driven" out of heaven. Were they sent to "the place of darkness" you described "where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth"? If not, where were they sent?

Re: Astronomy question [Re: Mountain Man] #139471
02/05/12 12:52 AM
02/05/12 12:52 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man

Thank you for answering my question. It is clear to me now you believe Rev 12 describes Satan and his angels being "cast into the earth" after Jesus returned to heaven. However, what is not clear to me is where you believe the evil angels were sent when they were first "driven" out of heaven. Were they sent to "the place of darkness" you described "where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth"? If not, where were they sent?

"Here is to be the home of Satan with his evil angels for a thousand years. Limited to the earth, he will not have access to other worlds to tempt and annoy those who have never fallen. It is in this sense that he is bound: there are none remaining, upon whom he can exercise his power. He is wholly cut off from the work of deception and ruin which for so many centuries has been his sole delight." {GC 659.1}

When Satan was first cast out of heaven they were in a nondescript place of nothing, with no presence at all of anything good. No input from the Father, angels or Holy Spirit. No urging from God to repent, complete silence. Satan was shown how dependent all created beings are to the creator without whom there is not even a place to stand.

The fallen angels were left alone to their thoughts and to each others shameful countenance. The only portal to any light was blinding for them in their fallen condition, but was endured by their representative Satan in the form of a serpent in the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. The place where the evil one was allowed freedom of speech even in his fallen condition.

Where this place was or is, since demons talk about it as a place to be feared in the new testament, is not as important as 'what' it is. It is 'perdition', cut off from the Father. The second death Jesus willingly suffered for us in Gethsemane was fulfilling our perdition for us. If He wasn't 'cut off', but not for Himself, in the midst of the 70th week of Daniel, we would all be lost.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Astronomy question [Re: jamesonofthunder] #139478
02/05/12 01:53 AM
02/05/12 01:53 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, thank you for explaining your point of view. I hadn't heard such a place existed. I have always assumed God's omnipresence made such a place non-existant.

Re: Astronomy question [Re: Mountain Man] #139479
02/05/12 02:10 AM
02/05/12 02:10 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
"And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth." When did Satan cast the angels from heaven to earth?

"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels." When did this war happen in heaven? Was it before or after Satan cast a third of the angels from heaven to earth? If afterward, were the evil angels admitted back into heaven in order to wage war in heaven?

Re: Astronomy question [Re: Mountain Man] #139488
02/05/12 08:03 AM
02/05/12 08:03 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Here are some other interesting astronomy thoughts...

Has anyone else heard about where in the sky Jesus is to appear at His second coming?

"then we could look up through the open space in Orion, whence came the voice of God. The holy city will come down through that open space. {CET 111.2}

Here is in interesting thought; the sword of Orion's belt is oriented precisely over the celestial equator, so during spring or fall Equinox the whole world can see that part of the sky for around seven days. From pole to pole, the whole world can see that same constellation for those seven days.

Think on this for a season... the festival that celebrates the second coming of Jesus and the going home of the saints, happens on and around equinox; It is the feast of Tabernacles.

"Canst thou ...loose the bands of Orion?" This in reference to the coming of the Lord who will come through an opening through Orion at His second appearing.

Guess what the second star of the sword of Orion is?

It is the Horse head nebula

Revelation 19:11 "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war."

Peace

Re: Astronomy question [Re: Mountain Man] #139490
02/05/12 08:19 AM
02/05/12 08:19 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
"And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth." When did Satan cast the angels from heaven to earth?

Satan didn't cast them down, his lie or 'tail' drew them to falling.

Re: Astronomy question [Re: jamesonofthunder] #139501
02/05/12 07:55 PM
02/05/12 07:55 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: "And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth." When did Satan cast the angels from heaven to earth?

J: Satan didn't cast them down, his lie or 'tail' drew them to falling.

The angels were in heaven when his "tail . . . did cast them to the earth." When did this happen?

Re: Astronomy question [Re: Mountain Man] #139502
02/05/12 07:59 PM
02/05/12 07:59 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA

"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels." When did this war happen in heaven? Was it before or after Satan cast a third of the angels from heaven to earth? If afterward, were the evil angels admitted back into heaven in order to wage war in heaven?

Re: Astronomy question [Re: Mountain Man] #139709
02/12/12 11:45 PM
02/12/12 11:45 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
The war in heaven began before man was created. But it was "finished" at the cross.

The war on Earth is still raging until the end of probation when Michael throws down the censor and says "it is finished" again.

Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/15/24 09:27 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!