HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,635
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 7
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,334 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: The Date of the Crucifixion & Related Issues [Re: Rosangela] #139946
02/20/12 04:14 PM
02/20/12 04:14 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Sorry, GC and Elle, for the confusion. GC, it seems you said in one of your posts that you no longer believe Christ died on a Nisan 14?
I'm simply not an expert on this topic, Rosangela, and am looking for the answers. Some websites claim Nisan 15 was the Passover, not 14. I simply do not know, I guess.

What I am still convinced of is that Jesus died on a Friday, and that said Friday was Passover. That much I know. I also know that it was either in 30 AD or 31 AD as we would count it now. It is not possible for it to have been 33 AD as many are now trying to say, because it would not fulfill the messianic prophecies, nor those of Daniel.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: The Date of the Crucifixion & Related Issues [Re: Green Cochoa] #139948
02/20/12 04:29 PM
02/20/12 04:29 PM
Rosangela  Offline OP
5500+ Member
Brazil
This book examines in detail the 2300-day prophecy in its starting and finishing date, as well as in the date of Christ's death (middle of the 70th week):

http://www.iasdcentralfortaleza.com.br/Cronological_Studies_Daniel_9.pdf

Re: The Date of the Crucifixion & Related Issues [Re: Green Cochoa] #139951
02/20/12 05:01 PM
02/20/12 05:01 PM
Rosangela  Offline OP
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Some websites claim Nisan 15 was the Passover, not 14.

The Bible says:

"Take care of them [the Passover lambs] until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the people of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight" (Exod. 12: 6).

What does the expression “at twilight” (Exod. 12: 6) mean?

Deut. 6: 5, 6 also says: "You must not sacrifice the Passover in any town the Lord your God gives you except in the place He will choose as a dwelling for His name. There you must sacrifice the Passover in the evening, when the sun goes down, on the anniversary of your departure from Egypt."

The expression “in the evening, when the sun goes down” in Deut. 16: 6 is sometimes interpreted to mean or to state that the Passover lamb was killed after sunset, and the expression “at twilight” (“between the two evenings”) is understood to mean the short period of time between sunset and nightfall. However, this is not the case.

How are these expressions understood by Jewish writers?
A Jewish commentary says:

At twilight. Hebrew bein ha-`arbayim, literally means “between the two settings.” Rabbinic sources take this to mean “from noon on.” [Mish. Pes. 5:1 and Pes 58a imply that the slaughtering took place from 2:30 p.m.] According to Radak, the first “setting” occurs when the sun passes its zenith just after noon and the shadows begin to lengthen, and the second “setting” is the actual sunset. Josephus testifies that the paschal lamb was slaughtered in the Temple between 3 and 5 P. M. [Wars 6.9.3].

"The Lord's Passover begins at twilight on the fourteenth day of the first month. On the fifteenth day of that month the Lord's Feast of Unleavened Bread begins; for seven days you must eat bread made without yeast. On the first day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work" (Leviticus 23:5-7).

It must be borne in mind that “at twilight” in verse 5 must necessarily mean some time before sunset, since at sunset the fifteenth day of the month, that is, the first day of Unleavened Bread, began.

As can be seen from 2 Chron. 35:1-19, in the Passover celebrated at the time of Josiah the levites and priests sacrificed and roasted thousands of animals till nightfall, therefore they must have begun doing that some hours before sunset. This confirms that the Passover lamb was really sacrificed on the fourteenth, before sunset.

Re: The Date of the Crucifixion & Related Issues [Re: Elle] #139952
02/20/12 05:32 PM
02/20/12 05:32 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Elle
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
I was not talking about the moon phases. I don't know if that part is accurate or not. I was talking about the calendar data. None of the four Gospels mentions the moon with respect to the passover or crucifixion. But days of the week with respect to passover are mentioned.

GC, Nisan 1 fall on the day of the sighting of the first crescent of the new moon. NASA's data of the moon conjunction date and time tells us when it occurs in those years. With that info, we then know what day Nisan 1st and Nisan 14th falls on.
But we don't even know when the year starts.

Re: The Date of the Crucifixion & Related Issues [Re: Rosangela] #139953
02/20/12 05:34 PM
02/20/12 05:34 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Which "Passover"? In Jesus' day, how many "Passovers" were being celebrated?

Re: The Date of the Crucifixion & Related Issues [Re: kland] #139956
02/20/12 06:28 PM
02/20/12 06:28 PM
Rosangela  Offline OP
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
But we don't even know when the year starts.

They began the month with the first sighting of the new crescent moon and they began the year with the ripeness of the barley crop in Israel (called in the Bible “abib”). They used the checking of the barley crops in Israel to determine if it was necessary or not to add an intercalary month before the first month, so that the barley was ripe enough for the sheaf to be waved during the Passover week (Lev. 23:10-14).

Re: The Date of the Crucifixion & Related Issues [Re: kland] #139957
02/20/12 06:32 PM
02/20/12 06:32 PM
Rosangela  Offline OP
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Which "Passover"? In Jesus' day, how many "Passovers" were being celebrated?

I don't see any evidence that there were many "Passovers" being celebrated.
The Passover and the other appointed feasts of the Lord were proclaimed feasts, that is, they should be proclaimed in their seasons to the people (see Lev. 23:2, 4, 21, 37). And this was done by the Sanhedrin. Jesus told the Jews: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not” (Matt. 23: 1-3). In spite of their hypocrisy, they did have authority from God, and the religious calendar is a good example of that authority.

Re: The Date of the Crucifixion & Related Issues [Re: Rosangela] #139959
02/21/12 12:36 AM
02/21/12 12:36 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Elle
Daryl and GC, as you can see, according to the astrological data, it was impossible that Jesus died on 31 CE for Nisan 14 fell on a Tuesday March 27th or on Wednesday 25th of April that year.

Nissan 14th only fell on a Friday Apl 3, 33 CE.

Elle, this is not accurate.
Towards the close of the 29th day of a month a watch was kept for the young crescent moon low in the western sky just after sunset. If the crescent was visible, a new month was begun; otherwise an extra day was added to the month. So both days must be considered as a possibility.

I really don't understand your point Rosangela. Could you clarify?

Let's compare the NASA data of 33 CE with the data of 31 CE with your proposed first crescent sighting and Roy Hoffman's.

Data for 33 CE.

a) Moon Conjuction -- Thu Mar 19, 33 CE: the conjunction of the moon is on Thursday, Mar 19th at 10:38 Universal Time(UT) according to NASA.

b) First Crescent Visibility -- Fri 20 Mar : Roy Hoffman's software with his complex algorithm produced as data that the first crescent should be visible on the night of Friday the 20th(the beginning of the 21st day according to Jewish recognition of a day).

c) Nisan 1 -- Sat 21st Mar : Therefore Nisan 1 start to be counted on March 21st.

d) Nisan 14 -- Fri 3rd Apl 33 CE:

e) Full moon -- Fri 3rd Apl 33 CE (NASA) : Therefore Roy Hoffman’s Data correlate with NASA’s data as Nisan 14 fall on the Full moon date that NASA reported.

Data for 31 CE.

a) Moon Conjunction -- Tue Apr 10 , 31 CE at 11:32 (UT) : According to NASA.

b) First Crescent Visibility -- Thu Apl 12 (Rosangela) and Wed Apr 11, 31 CE(Hoffman) : You suggest that according to Schaefer that the R = 0.9 (less than 1 equal hard to see) for the night of the 11th. Therefore you propose that it was spotted the next evening Thu Apr 12.

c) Nisan 1 -- Fri Apl 13th (Rosangela) or Thu Apl 12th (Hoffman)

d) Nisan 14 -- Thu Apl 26th (Rosangela) or Wed Apl 25th (Hoffman) : first of all your data still doesn’t produce a Nisan 14 on a Friday. You are a day short.

e) Full Moon -- Wed Apl 25th 31 CE (NASA): NASA’s data correlates with Hoffman’s first crescent sighting probability and not Schaefer’s.

So, astronomically speaking, it is perfectly possible for A.D. 31 to be the year for Christ’s death, provided that we consider that Nisan 1st was on April 13 (12/13, sunset to sunset); that, therefore, Nisan 14th fell on Thursday, April 26, (25/26, sunset to sunset); and that Christ died on Friday, April 27, a Nisan 15th.
The problem with your desperate attempt to make 31CE fulfill prophesy is :

1. The astronomical reality is that Nisan 14th and the Full Moon(NASA) was on Wednesday and not on a Thursday as you suggest.

2. The prophetic Type and Law was that Christ was to die on Nisan 14th and not on a Nisan 15th.

Obvious Conclusion : Friday Apl 3, 33 CE is the only date between 30 CE and 33 CE that Nisan 14th fall on a Friday. See my table on page 2 Jesus Potential Crucifixion dates Table for the year between 30-33 CE and NASA's DATA that I published here

This is not the only data(astronomical and historical) that points to a 33 CE crucifixion date. There was a lunar eclipse that happened during apl 3rd, 33 CE after 3pm reported by NASA. But nothing is reported in 31 CE on the day or anywhere close by that Rosangela propose. Plus, the data around Jesus' Birth, and beginning of ministry also harmonizes with a 33 CE crcifixion date and does not support31 CE.

Blessings
Re: The Date of the Crucifixion & Related Issues [Re: Elle] #139965
02/21/12 01:08 PM
02/21/12 01:08 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Elle,

I still think you may be looking in the wrong place or at the wrong data. When I examine closely NASA's data, I find that 30 AD does indeed have a valid spot on the timeline.

Take a closer look. Especially, examine the time for the full moon. According to one online sunset calculator, for the year AD 30, the sun set at the exact hour of 18:00 (6 pm) on Thursday, April 6, in Israel. Now compare to the date of the full moon. According to NASA, the full moon is at: Apr 6, 19:42. In other words, the full moon is rising on the night of Thursday, which equals the Biblical "sixth day" of the week, i.e. Friday. If Nisan 14 is supposed to be Friday, then in AD 30 there was just such a day. The full moon would have risen over an hour and a half past sundown, probably just about the time Jesus was walking to the Garden of Gethsemane, having already eaten the Last Supper in the upper room.

As I was saying earlier on, the distinction between Biblical days and our modern reckoning can easily throw us off the track of truth. Such seems the case here, where the full moon was on "Friday."

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: The Date of the Crucifixion & Related Issues [Re: Green Cochoa] #139966
02/21/12 01:43 PM
02/21/12 01:43 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Ok I see what your saying GC. It appears to be a valid point. Let's take 6 April 30 CE as a possibility for now.

We can proceed with other data if you, or anyone else, feel comfortable with that. We can get back to your other post about Tiberius, and I also wanted to get back to Rosangela about the passover meal, but I think I won't have time until Sabbath.

Blessings
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!