HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
Why veganism causes premature death #141948
05/04/12 03:00 PM
05/04/12 03:00 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
The vegan diet is not the most healthful. Those who study Mrs. White's writings carefully already know this. But why?

Something is either lacking in it, or something is out of balance with a vegan diet. This topic is created to explore the reasons that we are not counseled to return to an Edenic diet as soon as possible.

Mrs. White does say that at some future point we may need to have a vegan diet. There is controversy about when that point may be. Yet Mrs. White tells us not to have controversy about it, but that when the time comes, God will reveal it. She tells us that we should NOT go to this extreme diet until that time.

Ellen White clearly tells us that a vegan diet will cause premature death. The evidence is mounting that this is indeed the case. Numerous cases of vegans dying of cancer in their thirties, forties and fifties are coming up. They seem to have no resistance to it. There may be other premature deaths besides those from cancer as well.

It baffles the mind that vegans would have a mortality equal to that of meat eaters--so why is it this way?

I'll post some of Mrs. White's statements regarding the perils of veganism shortly. The term "vegan" did not exist in her day, of course, but she speaks of the milk and eggs, meat, flesh foods (meat), animals foods (meat), etc.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Why veganism causes premature death [Re: Green Cochoa] #141950
05/04/12 03:10 PM
05/04/12 03:10 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Mrs. White tells us not to teach people to give up milk and eggs.
Originally Posted By: Ellen White
We appreciate your experience as a physician, and yet I say that milk and eggs should be included in your diet. These things cannot at present be dispensed with, and the doctrine of dispensing with them should not be taught. {CD 204.2}

She calls a diet devoid of milk and eggs "the strictest diet."
As I preach the gospel to the poor, I am instructed to tell them to eat that food which is most nourishing. I cannot say to them: You must not eat eggs, or milk, or cream; you must use no butter in the preparation of food. The gospel must be preached to the poor, and the time has not yet come to prescribe the strictest diet. {CD 205.4}

She tells us death is the cause of giving up milk and eggs.
The time will come when we may have to discard some of the articles of diet we now use, such as milk and cream and eggs; but my message is that you must not bring yourself to a time of trouble beforehand, and thus afflict yourself with death. Wait till the Lord prepares the way before you. {CD 206.1}

She tells us we need to be moderate on the issue, and to let God reveal the time when we are to finally give up milk and eggs.
But I wish to say that when the time comes that it is no longer safe to use milk, cream, butter, and eggs, God will reveal this. No extremes in health reform are to be advocated. The question of using milk and butter and eggs will work out its own problem. At present we have no burden on this line. Let your moderation be known unto all men. {CD 206.4}

She calls a vegan diet "extreme."
The time will come when we may have to discard some of the articles of diet we now use, such as milk and cream and eggs; but it is not necessary to bring upon ourselves perplexity by premature and extreme restrictions. Wait until the circumstances demand it, and the Lord prepares the way for it. {CD 208.1}

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Why veganism causes premature death [Re: Green Cochoa] #141985
05/05/12 12:14 AM
05/05/12 12:14 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Very interesting.

Re: Why veganism causes premature death [Re: Rosangela] #142009
05/05/12 01:52 PM
05/05/12 01:52 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Another statement from Mrs. White in which she draws the line between "health reform" and "health deform" over the use of milk and eggs is this one:
324. I have something to say in reference to extreme views of health reform. Health reform becomes health deform, a health destroyer, when it is carried to extremes. You will not be successful in sanitariums, where the sick are treated, if you prescribe for the patients the same diet you have prescribed for yourself and your wife. I assure you that your ideas in regard to diet for the sick are not advisable. The change is too great. While I would discard flesh meat as injurious, something less objectionable may be used, and this is found in eggs. Do not remove milk from the table or forbid its being used in the cooking of food. The milk used should be procured from healthy cows, and should be sterilized. {CD 202.4}

Eggs, she tells us, have the ability to counteract poisons (detoxify).
It has been presented to me that you will not be able to exert the most successful influence in health reform unless in some things you become more liberal to yourself and to others. The time will come when milk cannot be used as freely as it is now used; but the present time is not the time to discard it. And eggs contain properties which are remedial agencies in counteracting poisons. And while warnings have been given against the use of these articles of diet in families where the children were addicted to, yes, steeped in, habits of self-abuse; yet we should not consider it a denial of principle to use eggs of hens which are well cared for and suitably fed. . . . {CD 204.4}

Now, if I am a vegan and I become exposed to elemental toxins such as arsenic, lead, cadmium or mercury, how will I have any resistance to these poisons? The element that works best to purge these from the system is sulfur. Meat contains a high amount of sulfur. But as a vegetarian, meat is not on the menu. Eggs are high in sulfur. But vegans eat no eggs.

A vegan's best option is garlic, followed by onions. But a little research would show that gram for gram, eggs contain nearly ten times as much sulfur as the garlic, which in turn contains several times as much as the onion. So if you want to get serious about removing toxins, eggs are nearly the best food one might find.

This may be a partial answer to the cancer question and to why vegans seem to have no resistance to it.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Why veganism causes premature death [Re: Green Cochoa] #142010
05/05/12 02:59 PM
05/05/12 02:59 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Notice the caveats EGW gives:
1) "The milk used should be procured from healthy cows, and should be sterilized." {CD 202.4}
2) "to use eggs of hens which are well cared for and suitably fed. . . ." {CD 204.4}

Recently a dairy cow in California was found to have BSE, Mad Cow disease, vCJD in humans. The public was reassured that the food supply was save because this was a dairy cow and was not butchered, so it did not enter the food supply. Really? Milk from this cow did not enter the food supply. We are again reassured that milk can not pass on BSE.

When we buy commercial milk and eggs, we have no guarantee of the health of the animals that they come from. Yes, I know there are government protocols... If you raise your own chickens, and milk your own cow, that is different. Something to think about...

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Why veganism causes premature death [Re: APL] #142012
05/05/12 03:23 PM
05/05/12 03:23 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: APL
Notice the caveats EGW gives:
1) "The milk used should be procured from healthy cows, and should be sterilized." {CD 202.4}
2) "to use eggs of hens which are well cared for and suitably fed. . . ." {CD 204.4}

Recently a dairy cow in California was found to have BSE, Mad Cow disease, vCJD in humans. The public was reassured that the food supply was save because this was a dairy cow and was not butchered, so it did not enter the food supply. Really? Milk from this cow did not enter the food supply. We are again reassured that milk can not pass on BSE.

When we buy commercial milk and eggs, we have no guarantee of the health of the animals that they come from. Yes, I know there are government protocols... If you raise your own chickens, and milk your own cow, that is different. Something to think about...

Yes, thank you for highlighting those considerations. Those are important. When I buy eggs in America, I happily pay double for the organic, free-range variety. For some people, those may be the best available, and their only option. For others, raising their own hens would be a sensible thing. In Asia, many chickens "free-range" around the home of their owner--though they don't always have access to good vegetation.

I raised nearly forty chickens this year, but having given most of them away already, presently have just twelve. I'm raising them without the typical scratch that contains animal products, hormones, antibiotics, etc. They are all very healthy. I also have them free-ranging in good grass.

Regarding BSE, I think the real issue there is with mercury. I believe the so-called "prions" are just a cover-word for mercury. Watch the video at this link or google "mercury calgary video" for yourself for an understanding of how it might turn brain tissue into "spongiform encephalitis." The cows have gotten mercury from all the vaccines they've been given and perhaps some comes in their feed as well.

We would get more mercury from dental amalgam fillings than from cow's milk, and meat eaters would get much more in the meat than from the milk, since mercury is not water soluble.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Why veganism causes premature death [Re: Green Cochoa] #142020
05/05/12 08:04 PM
05/05/12 08:04 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
The point is, they should be healthy cows, and that may be impossible to assure these days, as demonstrated by the BSE cow in California.

"Free Range" - in the states, that can mean that they have access to the outside, it does not assure they get outside. The access to the outside may be very limited. At least with broiler hens. Many laying hens are confined.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Why veganism causes premature death [Re: APL] #142035
05/06/12 01:23 AM
05/06/12 01:23 AM
H
Harold Fair  Offline
Active Member 2013
Florida, USA
I find it strange that after several years of study at Loma Linda about the longativity of vegans, that they haven't discovered that they die young. I have been part of that study for a while and being a vegan, myself, wonder how many more years I have after my 79th birthday.

Harold T.
Re: Why veganism causes premature death [Re: Harold Fair] #142038
05/06/12 03:09 AM
05/06/12 03:09 AM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec

Thank you Harold. May you live to see the second coming.

Green's conclusions from the SOP excerpts present a biased and erroneous viewpoint. This will be demonstrated at a later date - too occupied at present.

"Many vegans dying young" has no statistical relevance but is based on subjective observation. As already noted, vegans may consume a plethora of toxic 'food' and still bear the vegan label. Without knowing each history, one cannot ascertain if they are in fact health reformers or simply legal vegans.

Alimentation addresses but two or three of eight known health laws.

One might also argue that many vegans live very long, disease-free lives.

Many carnivores/omnivores have cancer and lifestyle diseases and die young or face lifetime debility.

Vitamin B12 should be considered.

Re: Why veganism causes premature death [Re: Harold Fair] #142039
05/06/12 04:42 AM
05/06/12 04:42 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Harold Fair
I find it strange that after several years of study at Loma Linda about the longativity of vegans, that they haven't discovered that they die young. I have been part of that study for a while and being a vegan, myself, wonder how many more years I have after my 79th birthday.

Two quick thoughts.

1) It is my understanding that most of the Loma Linda study was not based on vegans, but on vegetarians, which may have included some vegans as well but not limited to vegans.

2) There are some vegans who have no nutritional deficiency on account of the vegan diet and/or it does not affect them. Mrs. White speaks of this groups as the "small minority."

Be thankful if you are one of the privileged few who are in said minority and have no need for milk or eggs.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!