HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,632
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication), 3,534 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Answers; When the judgment of the living began. [Re: Charity] #142257
05/10/12 07:44 AM
05/10/12 07:44 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline OP
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
James, in the book Last Day Events, a 1992 compilation of Ellen White’s end time statements there’s a chapter called “The Little Time of Trouble”. It starts with the famous quote from Early Writings page 33: “At the commencement of the time of trouble, we were filled with the Holy Ghost as we went forth and proclaimed the Sabbath more fully,” and then gives Ellen White’s explanation of what she meant. Following that there is material arranged topically describing various events that will occur during that period. As you’re able have a look at these. The compilers applied all of these to the future but if the little time of trouble is here, we should we be seeing many of these taking place now. Which of them do you see?

Notice here that she uses the term 'Holy Ghost' not specifically 'Later Rain'.

“At the commencement of the time of trouble, we were filled with the Holy Ghost as we went forth and proclaimed the Sabbath more fully,” Early Writings page 33

And there she said 'More fully', not spoken in the 'complete' sense. It is the awakening of the wise virgins. Now is the time to get the extra measure of oil at the Olive press Gethsemane.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Answers; When the judgment of the living began. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #142258
05/10/12 08:17 AM
05/10/12 08:17 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Matthew 25:4-7 "but the wise took flasks of oil with their lamps. 5 As the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and (or) slept. 6 But at midnight there was a cry, ‘Here is the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.’ Then all those virgins rose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9 But the wise answered, saying, ‘Since there will not be enough for us and for you, go rather to the dealers and buy for yourselves...’ And the door was shut.

Like the wise virgins, we are in the time of the getting the extra flasks of oil and soon will be trimming our wicks making the lamps brighter, this represents the later rain. There is a preparation to be done in the remnant. There is a progression through these end time events but it is speeding up like a train. "Get ready" is what the angels are crying.

The early Advent 1844 movement was the midnight cry for their generation, but it is to be repeated in a more complete sense in the last days. We know a more complete picture of the plan of salvation and have no excuse not to exercise faith. In the land of the free and beautiful how many truly exercise faith? Faithfully flabby. But there is a remnant who are faithful and they will soon be revealed by the revelation of Christ in us at that powerful day.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Answers; When the judgment of the living began. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #142259
05/10/12 05:44 PM
05/10/12 05:44 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
Exactly Brother Mark. I used to use that quote [Ez. 21:29] but was opposed so vehemently because of it's historical applications to Babylon destroying Israel. . . .
But it's main context to our present day application is the judgment of our nation, America. We have been weighed in the balance as a nation.

I agree with the above. The issue is did 9/11 mark the point where America was weighed in the balance. Ellen White's quoting of Ezekiel gives us the picture that God will 'turn and overturn' our metropolitan skyscrapers and mansions when the time comes without relenting until Babylon is destroyed.

So James, I don't want to reject any new light on one hand but I don't want to see a fulfillment where none exists. 9/11 may be the point fulfilling the vision in Revelation 7 where the angels are told to hold the winds back but is it safe to go beyond that by reading less into Ellen White's statements on the skyscrapers of NY than is there. Her description of turning and overturning is broader than what occurred on 9/11.

If that's so then both of us should shift our focus from 9/11 to the 'overwhelming surprize' that's just around the corner. 9/11 is a wake-up call to what lies ahead. I've believed for years, well before 9/11 that God is 'measuring us'. The SOP assures us the judgment is underway in God's house.

Re: Answers; When the judgment of the living began. [Re: Charity] #142260
05/10/12 06:53 PM
05/10/12 06:53 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
You know, I would probably agree with that statement Brother Mark if I had not experienced what God led me to see that day.

But please let me continue to make this point systematically a little longer.

The second vision Mrs. White had about 9/11 was dated August 23, 1906, in which she stated;

‘In the night I was, I thought, in a room but not in my own house. I was in a city, where I knew not, and I heard explosion after explosion. I rose up quickly in bed, and saw from my window large balls of fire. Jetting out were sparks, in the form of arrows (see Picture; the moment this happened is when I had my vision), and buildings were being consumed, and in a very few minutes the entire block of buildings was falling and the screeching and mournful groans came distinctly to my ears. I cried out, in my raised position, to learn what was happening: “Where am I? And where are our family circle?” Then I awoke. But I could not tell where I was for I was in another place than home. I said, Oh Lord, where am I and what shall I do? It was a voice that spoke, "Be not afraid. Nothing shall harm you”.

‘I was instructed that destruction hath gone forth upon cities. The word of the Lord will be fulfilled. Isaiah 29:19-24 was repeated. I dared not move, not knowing where I was. I cried unto the Lord, What does it mean? These representations of destruction were repeated. “Where am I?” "In scenes I have represented that which will be; but warn My people to cease from putting their trust in men who are not obedient to my warnings and who despise My reproof, for the day of the Lord is right upon the world when evidence shall be made sure. Those who have followed the voices that would turn things upside down will themselves be turned where they cannot see (turning and overturning; see 1st vision), but will be as blind men” (like the men of Sodom just before its destruction).’

‘These words were given me from Isaiah 30: "Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever: That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the Lord: Which say to the seers, “See not”; and to the prophets, “Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits”.” [Isaiah 30:8-15 quoted.] I was instructed that light had been given me and that I had written under special light the Lord had imparted.’--Ms. 126, 1906. [Diary, August 23, 27, 1906.]

There are several points that validate this vision as being very important and connected to New York on 9/11;

First: ‘explosion after explosion’ shows there would be two explosions, one after another.

(She even used the root word Jet in the next verse.)

Second: ‘the entire block of buildings was falling’; it wasn’t just World Trade Center towers 1&2 that fell in New York that day; they took the whole block with them.

Third: the word ‘cities’ is used here; let us remember that Washington D.C. was also hit that day.

Fourth; ‘Isaiah 29; 19-24 was repeated’, when God repeats something it is very important to pay attention to it! It is here quoted…

(19) ‘Once more the humble will rejoice in the LORD; the needy will rejoice in the Holy One of Israel. (20) The ruthless will vanish, the mockers will disappear, and all who have an eye for evil will be cut down.(21) those who with a word make a man out to be guilty, who ensnare the defender in court and with false testimony deprive the innocent of justice. (22) Therefore this is what the LORD, who redeemed Abraham, says to the house of Jacob: "No longer will Jacob be ashamed; no longer will their faces grow pale. (23) When they see among them their children, the work of my hands, they will keep my name holy; they will acknowledge the holiness of the Holy One of Jacob, and will stand in awe of the God of Israel.(24) Those who are wayward in spirit will gain understanding; those who complain will accept instruction”.’

This shows the sealing of the children of God in the last days.

Fifth; ‘Evidence will be made sure’ I believe this not only points to the fulfillment of this and all subsequent prophecies, but also bear in mind God next said this is to be written in a table and He talks about the Law. The Ten Commandments will be written on the hearts of those that are prepared for the latter rain as written in 2 Corinthians 3; 3. They will cry with a loud voice and the evidence will be made sure.

Sixth; ‘Isaiah 30’ was quoted. The whole chapter of Isaiah 30 is about the end times; the apostasy in the church, the turning away from the prophetic testimonies, a call to repentance and Sabbath, the out pouring of the latter rain and most notably it has this. Verse 25; “And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall. It then ends with the coming of the Lord!

Seventh; she had been told by God that she has written under ‘special light’. If there was ever a prophecy to pay attention to in the testimonies it is this one!

Brother Mark, if this is about 9/11 as my God through His Holy Spirit has shown me, then would this not be one of the most important fulfillment's of prophecy in our time?

Re: Answers; When the judgment of the living began. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #142261
05/10/12 07:09 PM
05/10/12 07:09 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
The last vision that Ellen White had written and this time directly mentioned New York that I would like to draw attention to was written in 1909 and is found in; Testimonies for the Church Volume 9 in the chapter which begins on page 11.

‘On one occasion, when in New York City, I was in the night season (This what she calls her dreams from God) called upon to behold buildings rising story after story toward heaven. These buildings were warranted to be fireproof, and they were erected to glorify the owners and builders. Higher and still higher these buildings rose, and in them the most costly material was used. Those to whom these buildings belonged were not asking themselves: "How can we best glorify God?" The Lord was not in their thoughts.’
‘I thought: "Oh, that those who are thus investing their means could see their course as God sees it! They are piling up magnificent buildings, but how foolish in the sight of the Ruler of the universe is their planning and devising. They are not studying with all the powers of heart and mind how they may glorify God. They have lost sight of this, the first duty of man.’
‘As these lofty buildings went up, the owners rejoiced with ambitious pride that they had money to use in gratifying self and provoking the envy of their neighbors. Much of the money that they thus invested had been obtained through exaction, through grinding down the poor. They forgot that in heaven an account of every business transaction is kept; every unjust deal, every fraudulent act, is there recorded. The time is coming when in their fraud and insolence men will reach a point that the Lord will not permit them to pass, and they will learn that there is a limit to the forbearance of Jehovah.’
The scene that next passed before me was an alarm of fire. Men looked at the lofty and supposedly fire-proof buildings and said: "They are perfectly safe." But these buildings were consumed as if made of pitch. The fire engines could do nothing to stay the destruction. The firemen were unable to operate the engines.
‘I am instructed that when the Lord's time comes, should no change have taken place in the hearts of proud, ambitious human beings, men will find that the hand that had been strong to save will be strong to destroy. No earthly power can stay the hand of God. No material can be used in the erection of buildings that will preserve them from destruction when God's appointed time comes to send retribution on men for their disregard of His law and for their selfish ambition.’

If ever there was a prophecy that directly points to 9/11 this is it. Just watch the videos about the firefighters during that terrible situation. They were so powerless to stay the destruction, they didn’t know what to do since the fire was so high up they couldn’t reach it with their equipment. Then, after just a few short minutes, the unthinkable happened… Both buildings came crashing down and many of the firefighters lost their lives.

I remember while watching the scene hearing the announcer on the news channel saying, "they are perfectly safe because they are fireproof" then they both came down like the atoms that held them together dissolved into dust.

Re: Answers; When the judgment of the living began. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #142269
05/10/12 08:52 PM
05/10/12 08:52 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Seems like I addressed this before, but do you think Ellen White white was writing in a symbolic type style, or speaking as a common person? Explosion after explosion implies to me multiple explosions rather than a symbolic "is fallen, is fallen" language. And for you to make point of "jet" in "jetting out", why wouldn't she just say an airplane crashed into buildings? Was she writing in some unusual way? And destruction of cities implies more to me than just a few buildings in one city. Whether that's what she saw or not, I don't know, but the quotes you listed doesn't appear to coincide with what happened at 9/11.

Re: Answers; When the judgment of the living began. [Re: kland] #142276
05/11/12 02:06 AM
05/11/12 02:06 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Seems like I addressed this before, but do you think Ellen White white was writing in a symbolic type style, or speaking as a common person? Explosion after explosion implies to me multiple explosions rather than a symbolic "is fallen, is fallen" language. And for you to make point of "jet" in "jetting out", why wouldn't she just say an airplane crashed into buildings? Was she writing in some unusual way? And destruction of cities implies more to me than just a few buildings in one city. Whether that's what she saw or not, I don't know, but the quotes you listed doesn't appear to coincide with what happened at 9/11.

In the context of these writing from Mrs White, she was first addressing people claiming that she said New York was going to be destroyed by a tidal wave. She said that they had misquoted her and were wrong. She said she had shared with others that she saw the destruction but did not know in particular what was coming to do the destruction. Then she repeated in this writing what she had commented about before, that when these buildings were thrown down by the turning and overturning of God's power this would begin the fulfillment of Rev 18.

If we take this seriously, and suppose the destruction of the twin towers was the beginning of this destruction of the cities... look at the bible quotes she makes along with this prophecy...this is the point that everyone seems to skip over... Why did God have her quote those bible texts?

‘These words were given me from Isaiah 30: "Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever: That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the Lord: Which say to the seers, “See not”; and to the prophets, “Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits”.” [Isaiah 30:8-15 quoted.] I was instructed that light had been given me and that I had written under special light the Lord had imparted.’--Ms. 126, 1906.

This is a special message for God's end time faithful who will witness the wicked destroyed both in the world and from out of the church.

Also These writings were from 1906-09, about 50 years before Jets were in use. I didn't mean to draw so much attention to that point actually, it was a passing thought.

Re: Answers; When the judgment of the living began. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #142277
05/11/12 02:18 AM
05/11/12 02:18 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
In answer to your other question Kland, She was using straight forward language but without coming right out and giving the whole meaning semi-encoded so to speak.

This is a common theme of the Spirit of Prophecy. Give just enough information and clues so when the events take place those who are seeing the fulfillment will have just enough evidence to prove it.

There are hidden clues like this throughout her writings.

Re: Answers; When the judgment of the living began. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #142280
05/11/12 04:49 AM
05/11/12 04:49 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
9/11 was not only a milestone in the rising 'anger of nations', one of the signs Jesus gave for the end, but it also was a taste of what is ahead on a much grander scale.

The fact that the whole contest behind 9/11 revolves around the controversy between Isaac and Ishmael, the ultimate diversion of Satan's to get men to focus on literal Israel in fulfillment of prophecy, should at least awaken curiosity from God's people. I was inspired to this cause.

Today's false prophets are saying literal Israel is who we need to physically defend because of the biblical prophecies that are being misapplied to them. America is fulfilling prophecy in this Satanic diversion and supporting it with billions of dollars per year.

The fact that we're now committing torture to get answers and all of the loss of civil liberties can all be traced to that one day in New York.

In other words, we as a nation are paying for this popular misapplication of scripture by having it fulfill itself, an ultimate delusion.

God allows men to suffer under the delusions they build against His truth. The policy of the United States to support the overthrow of Palestine by supporting Israel is false doctrine based prophetic interpretation.

This issue, compounded on the fulfillment of the ecumenical movement prophecies, shows where we are in the scope of the end times more precise than any other element in current events.

Looking down through the ages to the close of time, Peter was inspired to outline conditions that would exist in the world just prior to the second coming of Christ. “There shall come in the last days scoffers,” he wrote, “walking after their own lusts, and saying, Where is the promise of His coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.” But “when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them.” 1 Thessalonians 5:3. Not all, however, would be ensnared by the enemy’s devices. As the end of all things earthly should approach, there would be faithful ones able to discern the signs of the times. While a large number of professing believers would deny their faith by their works, there would be a remnant who would endure to the end. {AA 535.2}

"With rapid steps we are approaching this period. When Protestant churches shall unite with the secular power to sustain a false religion, for opposing which their ancestors endured the fiercest persecution, then will the papal sabbath be enforced by the combined authority of church and state. There will be a national apostasy, which will end only in national ruin.—Manuscript 51, 1899. {Ev 235.1}

Not until the Sunday law will the ultimate desolation come, of which 9/11 was a foreshadow of. The time of preparation is now.

Re: Answers; When the judgment of the living began. [Re: jamesonofthunder] #142302
05/11/12 09:36 PM
05/11/12 09:36 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Would you guys do me the honor of reading this dream I had?

http://whentheycrypeaceandsafety.blogspot.com/2011/12/i-dreamed-of-massive-wall.html

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/15/24 09:27 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!