HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,409 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
The 24 Elders #143231
06/09/12 07:41 PM
06/09/12 07:41 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Here's another Bohr article. This one is on the twenty four elders. It's a very good study: http://secretsunsealed.org/Downloads/24Eldersweb.pdf.

For years I thought the 24 elders were redeemed saints. But Bohr's view is quite convincing. I think he's probably right. Who the 24 are is not a major issue in the big scheme of things but any point of truth helps enlighten us and ground us on the bigger issues of the great controversy. If Bohr is right this gives us a significant insight into the intense interest not only of the angels but of all created intelligences in the plan of salvation. Apparently the unfallen worlds are following the developments here on earth very, very closely.

Re: The 24 Elders [Re: Charity] #143232
06/09/12 07:52 PM
06/09/12 07:52 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
As you read Bohr's article, notice the issue of who has the rightful dominion of the earth. Bohr makes a good case that Satan claimed the seat Adam lost among the 24 elders and he was allowed to lay claim to that seat for a time. In Job's day, Satan aggressively claimed the right to represent the earth among the sons of God as his dominion. But at the death of Christ Satan was cast out. His fall began before this but his claims of dominion were defeated and Christ's firmly established at the cross.

Re: The 24 Elders [Re: Charity] #143233
06/09/12 09:14 PM
06/09/12 09:14 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
This suggests that when God is about to act at the watershed points of human/salvation history, He's in the habit of holding a heavenly summit involving the powers of the universe composed of the deity, the cherubim, the seraphim, the representatives of the unfallen worlds, the principalities and powers etc. He is the author of transparency. He wants the universe to know, understand and be actively involved in His government. What an awesome God.

The main issue on the agenda of the heavenly summit in Job's day appears to be Satan's claim to dominion of the earth. Job proved this claim to be untrue but not with flying colors. Could we have done better?

When Ahab was about to be tested, it seems God also called a summit. See I Kings 22.

One of the common denominators of those instances in scripture where we see the Divine court convene is the presence of the four living creatures and the sons of God. Ellen White tells us that the seals and trumpets will be repeated and just before or concurrently it seems to me that heaven's court will sit once again and the final, complete fulfillment of the scenes of Revelation 4, 5, and 8 will take place. So, I'm studying those scenes.

Re: The 24 Elders [Re: Charity] #143234
06/09/12 10:46 PM
06/09/12 10:46 PM
H
Harold Fair  Offline
Active Member 2013
Florida, USA
Revelation 5:7-10 sort of refutes that.

Harold T.
Re: The 24 Elders [Re: Harold Fair] #143235
06/09/12 11:17 PM
06/09/12 11:17 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Thank you for that article Brother Mark, I did not know he had completed it. Last time he and I talked about this issue was 10 years ago and he only had his presentation notes for his seminar.

Very well put together, awesome.

But you do know since this refutes what most people think about the 'Son's of God' this is going to be another hotly contended point.

Peace to you Brother in the name of Jesus our second Adam (Son of God).

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: The 24 Elders [Re: Harold Fair] #143243
06/10/12 04:44 AM
06/10/12 04:44 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Harold Fair
Revelation 5:7-10 sort of refutes that.
Harold, in referencing this passage you're referring especially to verse 10 in the KJV where the 24 elders say they have been redeemed? Have a look if you have time at how Bohr answers that objection. It's pretty convincing.

Re: The 24 Elders [Re: jamesonofthunder] #143244
06/10/12 04:46 AM
06/10/12 04:46 AM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
James, I hope this topic is a blessing and not a stumbling block. Thanks and peace. Mark

Re: The 24 Elders [Re: Charity] #143254
06/10/12 12:34 PM
06/10/12 12:34 PM
H
Harold Fair  Offline
Active Member 2013
Florida, USA
I did. I was watching him tell his story about how he believed that those 24 elders were aliens. He stated that he had proof as of the writings of Ellen White. He showed a page from the book, 'Desire of Ages" with the 24 elders underlined with the word, 'aliens' in parens. I had that book right beside me and looked on that page. It was not there. She never mentioned 'aliens'. So, I have to go by the book of Revelation.

Harold T.
Re: The 24 Elders [Re: Harold Fair] #143259
06/10/12 08:59 PM
06/10/12 08:59 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
You make an interesting point, Herold. We have alway held that Scripture is the best interpreter of Scripture.

Mark seems to invite us to look somewhere else? I have not checked Bohr yet. I wonder if Mark will be able to convince me I should? Do you think it is worth it, Herold? I have no intention of deviating from Scripture nor the Spirit of Prophecy.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: The 24 Elders [Re: Johann] #143262
06/10/12 11:25 PM
06/10/12 11:25 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Brother Mark, thank you for your encouragement. It is not a stumbling block for me because the Lord has solidly supported the issue in my heart.

Brother Johann, as a retired pastor you should know who the 24 elders are. Could you give us your input?

Quoting from Pastor Bohr

The Sons of God

Job 1:6, 7:
“Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them. And the Lord said to Satan, "From where do you come?" So Satan answered the Lord and said, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it."

Some very interesting details emerge from these verses:

The sons of God do not always dwell in the presence of God. They came to present themselves on a certain day. This contrasts with the previous verse where we are told that Job offered sacrifices always (Job 1:7).

Satan came among the sons of God. Notice that the text does not say that he came with them. Evidently Satan claimed the right to belong to this select group. What made him feel like he had the right to appear among this select group?

Satan came representing a planet, the earth. Where, then, must the other sons of God have come from? Is it just possible that they also came from other planets?
End quote...

Adam was a "son of God" by creation, the bible says that Jesus "created the worlds" so there is more than just one created place of residence in God's Universe. Every Adventist has had this debate presented to them in their first year of searching the Spirit of Prophecy. It causes me to question the validity of any claim of being a Seventh Day Adventist by this denial of simple truth.

How many Adventists have read in the Spirit of Prophecy that Enoch was seen on an un-fallen world talking with un-fallen created beings?

Then why would anyone in our denomination question weather there must be representatives from those worlds in heaven? Adam was our representative then He fell and Satan took his place. Then Jesus came and became the 'second Adam' to take away earth from Satan.

There is the throne [Revelation 4:2], and around it the rainbow of promise [Revelation 4:3]. There are cherubim and seraphim [Revelation 4:6-8]. The commanders of the angel hosts, the sons of God, the representatives of the unfallen worlds [Revelation 4:4], are assembled. The heavenly council before which Lucifer had accused God and His Son, the representatives of those sinless realms over which Satan had thought to establish his dominion,--all are there to welcome the Redeemer. They are eager to celebrate His triumph and to glorify their King. The Desire of Ages, pp. 833

The 'sons of God' are the representatives of the unfallen worlds and the commanders (Plural) of the angelic hosts just as Jesus is for us.

If you look in Revelation the 24 elders hold the golden bowls filled with the prayers of the saints of their worlds just as Jesus, who became the second Adam, holds the golden censor for our planet.

"And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people." Revelation 5:8

Every planet is interested in our condition for the plan of salvation, the 'Mystery of Godliness' is revealed through us here on planet earth.

[Zechariah 4:11-14 quoted.] These empty themselves into the golden bowls, which represent the hearts of the living messengers of God, who bear the Word of the Lord to the people in warnings and entreaties. {4BC 1180.1}

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!