HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,628
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,156 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 25 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 24 25
Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: James Saptenno] #144663
08/18/12 08:31 PM
08/18/12 08:31 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline OP
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
It's funny brother. I've been to Indonesia several times. My wife is from Bandung, and Since you live in Jakarta if you have been to any of the SDA churches there in the past couple of years I have probably stood in the same room as you and may have even met you. But the strange this is, what you teach and what I've heard from those wonderful pastors and men of faith over there is completely different.

Are you a true Seventh Day Adventist, or are you here to be a distraction?

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: James Saptenno] #144665
08/18/12 08:52 PM
08/18/12 08:52 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: James Saptenno
so, the thief on the cross has nothing else except his sins, deadly sins and a little faith.

Oh really, just a little faith and his sins still on him eh?

I guess you haven't read about how his prayer was the only comfort given to Jesus while He was on the cross and that prayer swept away the Pain for a brief moment for the Son of God.

A little faith? You do not know the truth.

"To Jesus in His agony on the cross there came one gleam of comfort. It was the prayer of the penitent thief. Both the men who were crucified with Jesus had at first railed upon Him; and one under his suffering only became more desperate and defiant. But not so with his companion. This man was not a hardened criminal; he had been led astray by evil associations, but he was less guilty than many of those who stood beside the cross reviling the Saviour. He had seen and heard Jesus, and had been convicted by His teaching, but he had been turned away from Him by the priests and rulers. Seeking to stifle conviction, he had plunged deeper and deeper into sin, until he was arrested, tried as a criminal, and condemned to die on the cross. In the judgment hall and on the way to Calvary he had been in company with Jesus. He had heard Pilate declare, “I find no fault in Him.” John 19:4. He had marked His godlike bearing, and His pitying forgiveness of His tormentors. On the cross he sees the many great religionists shoot out the tongue with scorn, and ridicule the Lord Jesus. He sees the wagging heads. He hears the upbraiding speeches taken up by his companion in guilt: “If Thou be Christ, save Thyself and us.” Among the passers-by he hears many defending Jesus. He hears them repeat His words, and tell of His works. The conviction comes back to him that this is the Christ. Turning to his fellow criminal he says, “Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?” The dying thieves have no longer anything to fear from man. But upon one of them presses the conviction that there is a God to fear, a future to cause him to tremble. And now, all sin-polluted as it is, his life history is about to close. “And we indeed justly,” he moans; “for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this Man hath done nothing amiss.” {DA 749.3}
There is no question now. There are no doubts, no reproaches. When condemned for his crime, the thief had become hopeless and despairing; but strange, tender thoughts now spring up. He calls to mind all he has heard of Jesus, how He has healed the sick and pardoned sin. He has heard the words of those who believed in Jesus and followed Him weeping. He has seen and read the title above the Saviour’s head. He has heard the passers-by repeat it, some with grieved, quivering lips, others with jesting and mockery. The Holy Spirit illuminates his mind, and little by little the chain of evidence is joined together. In Jesus, bruised, mocked, and hanging upon the cross, he sees the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world. Hope is mingled with anguish in his voice as the helpless, dying soul casts himself upon a dying Saviour. “Lord, remember me,” he cries, “when Thou comest into Thy kingdom.” {DA 750.1}
Quickly the answer came. Soft and melodious the tone, full of love, compassion, and power the words: Verily I say unto thee today, Thou shalt be with Me in paradise. {DA 750.2}
For long hours of agony, reviling and mockery have fallen upon the ears of Jesus. As He hangs upon the cross, there floats up to Him still the sound of jeers and curses. With longing heart He has listened for some expression of faith from His disciples. He has heard only the mournful words, “We trusted that it had been He which should have redeemed Israel.” How grateful then to the Saviour was the utterance of faith and love from the dying thief! While the leading Jews deny Him, and even the disciples doubt His divinity, the poor thief, upon the brink of eternity, calls Jesus Lord. Many were ready to call Him Lord when He wrought miracles, and after He had risen from the grave; but none acknowledged Him as He hung dying upon the cross save the penitent thief who was saved at the eleventh hour. {DA 750.3}
The bystanders caught the words as the thief called Jesus Lord. The tone of the repentant man arrested their attention. Those who at the foot of the cross had been quarreling over Christ’s garments, and casting lots upon His vesture, stopped to listen. Their angry tones were hushed. With bated breath they looked upon Christ, and waited for the response from those dying lips. {DA 751.1}
As He spoke the words of promise, the dark cloud that seemed to enshroud the cross was pierced by a bright and living light. To the penitent thief came the perfect peace of acceptance with God. Christ in His humiliation was glorified. He who in all other eyes appeared to be conquered was a Conqueror. He was acknowledged as the Sin Bearer. Men may exercise power over His human body. They may pierce the holy temples with the crown of thorns. They may strip from Him His raiment, and quarrel over its division. But they cannot rob Him of His power to forgive sins. In dying He bears testimony to His own divinity and to the glory of the Father. His ear is not heavy that it cannot hear, neither His arm shortened that it cannot save. It is His royal right to save unto the uttermost all who come unto God by Him. {DA 751.2}

Perfect peace with God, do you have that? Are you there Brother? He acquired more faith in one day than most people will in a lifetime. You do not know the truth.

The moment he was at peace with the Father He no longer had ANY sins on him. None.

He would have been tested if let off the cross, but this does not mean he had to go back to sinning either, and for you to assume he would proves how little faith you have in the sustaining power of the word of God.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: jamesonofthunder] #144667
08/18/12 09:01 PM
08/18/12 09:01 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
The fact that men call him the "thief on the cross", and not the "penitent thief" speaks volumes.

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: jamesonofthunder] #144673
08/19/12 11:33 AM
08/19/12 11:33 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
The fact that men call him the "thief on the cross", and not the "penitent thief" speaks volumes.

A good story, thank you!

But we should hold to the greater light than the lesser light, right?

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: James Saptenno] #144674
08/19/12 11:38 AM
08/19/12 11:38 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Matthew 27:44 - The thieves also, who were crucified with Him, cast the same in His teeth.

Matthew 27:44
Amplified Bible (AMP)
44 And the robbers who were crucified with Him also abused and reproached and made sport of Him in the same way.

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: jamesonofthunder] #144676
08/19/12 11:48 AM
08/19/12 11:48 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
It's funny brother. I've been to Indonesia several times. My wife is from Bandung, and Since you live in Jakarta if you have been to any of the SDA churches there in the past couple of years I have probably stood in the same room as you and may have even met you. But the strange this is, what you teach and what I've heard from those wonderful pastors and men of faith over there is completely different.

Are you a true Seventh Day Adventist, or are you here to be a distraction?

There are too many LEGALIST in our church.

Faith + works as a prerequisite to enter heaven, they taught everywhere which is subtle legalism.

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: James Saptenno] #144679
08/19/12 02:39 PM
08/19/12 02:39 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James Saptenno, since the fruit of the Spirit is the fruit of faith doesn't it stand to reason good works are inevitable?

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: James Saptenno] #144680
08/19/12 02:44 PM
08/19/12 02:44 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA

A good story, thank you!

I don't hear you quoting anything from scripture that would contradict what Mrs White saw in the Spirit, yet you are immediately discounting what she said that God showed her? So are you saying you have the greater understanding? You have totally exposed yourself. I will contact people from Indonesia and ask who you are. My wife doesn't know you and she was treasurer for the Ebenhazer church for years and worked with the president of the University.

The men I met over there brought tears to my eyes for their love of God and you call them legalistic? Generalizing everyone else like you are the only person to get it right? You are NOT a true Seventh Day Adventist.

Ellen White was inspired by God, she saw things inspired directly from God's heart, to her mind through the Holy Spirit, if you do not believe this, WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: James Saptenno] #144689
08/19/12 06:30 PM
08/19/12 06:30 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Matthew 27:44 - The thieves also, who were crucified with Him, cast the same in His teeth.

Matthew 27:44
Amplified Bible (AMP)
44 And the robbers who were crucified with Him also abused and reproached and made sport of Him in the same way.

She did say this in that writing,

"Both the men who were crucified with Jesus had at first railed upon Him; and one under his suffering only became more desperate and defiant. But not so with his companion."

So why do you assume this contradicts what you just quoted?

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: jamesonofthunder] #144694
08/20/12 05:41 AM
08/20/12 05:41 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia

A good story, thank you!

I don't hear you quoting anything from scripture that would contradict what Mrs White saw in the Spirit, yet you are immediately discounting what she said that God showed her? So are you saying you have the greater understanding? You have totally exposed yourself. I will contact people from Indonesia and ask who you are. My wife doesn't know you and she was treasurer for the Ebenhazer church for years and worked with the president of the University.

The men I met over there brought tears to my eyes for their love of God and you call them legalistic? Generalizing everyone else like you are the only person to get it right? You are NOT a true Seventh Day Adventist.

Ellen White was inspired by God, she saw things inspired directly from God's heart, to her mind through the Holy Spirit, if you do not believe this, WHY ARE YOU HERE?

We are saved individually, right? Not as a congregation. So, no matter what they teach, I have my own study.

Why I am here? Of course to study the Scripture with all of you here, your views, opinions, etc. And it is not all in agreements, right?

And why if i disagree with sister EGW, does that make me have a better view than her? Does that make me have a greater insight than her?

I am not afraid of disagreeing with some one, even God.

That is my free will choice.

Page 7 of 25 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 24 25

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!