HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 25 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 24 25
Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: Mountain Man] #144695
08/20/12 06:03 AM
08/20/12 06:03 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
James Saptenno, since the fruit of the Spirit is the fruit of faith doesn't it stand to reason good works are inevitable?

MM.

The only thing I disagree if a sinless perfect state is a stage a believer must achieve as a PREREQUISITE to enter heaven and have eternal life. I don't believe this, even I must disagree with EGW.

Fruit of the Spirit is the fruit of faith, it is an acknowledgment, agreement and the act of faith in Christ.

It is not our work, but God (Phil. 2:13).

Thus, everything is a gift from God; faith, the Spirit, the works, justification, eternal life, heaven, which is all "in Christ" as a nutshell.

So, whatever result to us (sinless perfect state, holiness), is a GIFT not a REWARD, is FREE not a PREREQUISITE.

Therefore, all what is need from us human being to make these gifts which is already ours but kept "in Christ", is to believe the Scripture and accept Christ by faith, then you accept all these gifts at then end, if you maintain your faith in Him, for only if you withdrew from faith you will lost all these gifts (Hebrew 10:38).

So, according to me, Christ is the focus of my faith, and not a state as a target for having a reward.

I don't mind my "works", for it is polluted with "self", but i know I have Christ that is always ready and willing to forgive my sins, and he has done that before hand at the cross, what is asked from me is confessions and believe (Romans 10:9; 1 John 1:9).

Will I reach that stage of sinless perfect state? I'm not worrying about that, for I'm saved by His grace through faith which is a free gift.

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: James Saptenno] #144700
08/20/12 02:55 PM
08/20/12 02:55 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline OP
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: James Saptenno
... even I must disagree with EGW.

She spoke with the perfect will of God who motivated her to 'work' by warning us through the Spirit of Prophecy.

******* STAFF EDIT *******

Last edited by Daryl F; 08/25/12 12:33 AM. Reason: Staff Edit to remove inappropriate post content.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: jamesonofthunder] #144705
08/20/12 04:19 PM
08/20/12 04:19 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Works are doing the will of the Father while under the influence of the Holy Spirit, so if you don't have works it is a sign that you don't have the Holy Spirit.

******* STAFF EDIT *******

The whole purpose of the receiving of the Holy Spirit IS to WORK! To save hearts from the second death.

Last edited by Daryl F; 08/25/12 12:35 AM. Reason: Staff Edit to remove inappropriate post content.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: James Saptenno] #144713
08/20/12 09:37 PM
08/20/12 09:37 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: James Saptenno, since the fruit of the Spirit is the fruit of faith doesn't it stand to reason good works are inevitable?

J: The only thing I disagree if a sinless perfect state is a stage a believer must achieve as a PREREQUISITE to enter heaven and have eternal life. I don't believe this, even I must disagree with EGW. Fruit of the Spirit is the fruit of faith, it is an acknowledgment, agreement and the act of faith in Christ. It is not our work, but God (Phil. 2:13). Thus, everything is a gift from God; faith, the Spirit, the works, justification, eternal life, heaven, which is all "in Christ" as a nutshell. So, whatever result to us (sinless perfect state, holiness), is a GIFT not a REWARD, is FREE not a PREREQUISITE. Therefore, all what is need from us human being to make these gifts which is already ours but kept "in Christ", is to believe the Scripture and accept Christ by faith, then you accept all these gifts at then end, if you maintain your faith in Him, for only if you withdrew from faith you will lost all these gifts (Hebrew 10:38). So, according to me, Christ is the focus of my faith, and not a state as a target for having a reward. I don't mind my "works", for it is polluted with "self", but i know I have Christ that is always ready and willing to forgive my sins, and he has done that before hand at the cross, what is asked from me is confessions and believe (Romans 10:9; 1 John 1:9). Will I reach that stage of sinless perfect state? I'm not worrying about that, for I'm saved by His grace through faith which is a free gift.

Good points. Thank you. I like the way you emphasize the fact nothing Jesus accomplishes in and through us (fruits of the Spirit) adds to what He accomplishes for us (pardon, salvation, eternal life).

You wrote "everything is a gift from God . . . the works". Amen! It is God who empowers believers to manifest the fruits of the Spirit (good works). "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." Such faith and works are sinless, perfect.

You asked, "Will I reach that stage of sinless perfect state?" You already have. "Christ in you, the hope of glory." Sinless perfection isn't something you earn or achieve. Like everything else, it is a gift. So long as you are abiding in Jesus and partaking of the divine nature you are perfectly sinless. "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not."

You wrote, "The only thing I disagree if a sinless perfect state is a stage a believer must achieve as a PREREQUISITE to enter heaven and have eternal life." The point is moot. Sinless perfection is inevitable. You can't have one without the other. Faith and works are inseparable. It's part of the package.

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: Mountain Man] #144717
08/21/12 05:54 AM
08/21/12 05:54 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia

You wrote, "The only thing I disagree if a sinless perfect state is a stage a believer must achieve as a PREREQUISITE to enter heaven and have eternal life." The point is moot. Sinless perfection is inevitable. You can't have one without the other. Faith and works are inseparable. It's part of the package.

You understand my viewpoint, thank you.

Even the point is moot, but I held to the point view in Titus 2:11-14, which is God's will and works in me as according to Phil 2:13, not "my works."

My "works" is as according to Isaiah 64:6; Romans 7:14-24; Romans 3:23.

So, I believe, there is no faith + works to be justified, as according to Ephesians 2:8,9; Romans 3:21-28.

If what is "works" is fruit of the Spirit, it is a consequence of putting faith in Christ and His Gospel, it is "inevitable."

Finally, there is no such a PREREQUISITE state to be justified.

"In Christ" is the complete salvation done at the cross, if we remain "in Christ" by faith, the GIFT of justification, sanctification, glorification and eternal life remains ours.

Thus, the only difference between me and you all who held to the principle of a sinless perfect stage as a prerequisite to be justified for entering heaven and eat the fruit of life is,

You:
Perfect sinless character is a must, not one single weakness, stain or spot might remain in a believer for his fitness for heaven. This stage is a Prerequisite for the FINAL justification based on works as according to the law. Therefore, believers must work hard, disciplined their bodies and minds to fulfill the righteous demands of the law, with the power of the Spirit, hence, a joint operation work. They stand at the judgment in their "own righteousness."

Me:
When the individual door of Probation closed, faithful believers got their sinless perfect character, and at Glorification, they got their sinless perfect body at transformation. It is all gifts from God. Whatever stain of character remain and less perfect, is perfected by God. At the judgment they stand in "Christ Righteousness" which is their fitness for heaven. The grace of God till the end, for those who remain "in Christ" by faith. For truly, eternal life is just a gift already ours believers and non believers, just made effective through faith in Christ, for justification. Thus, a sinless perfect state is not a prerequisite for justification to enter heaven.

Do you believe God will made perfect those believers who are imperfect? Or do you believe we must perfect? Is the same saying, do you believe God's grace through Christ is sufficient for eternal life, or do you believe it is not sufficient?

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: Mountain Man] #144718
08/21/12 06:02 AM
08/21/12 06:02 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
M: James Saptenno, since the fruit of the Spirit is the fruit of faith doesn't it stand to reason good works are inevitable?

J: The only thing I disagree if a sinless perfect state is a stage a believer must achieve as a PREREQUISITE to enter heaven and have eternal life. I don't believe this, even I must disagree with EGW. Fruit of the Spirit is the fruit of faith, it is an acknowledgment, agreement and the act of faith in Christ. It is not our work, but God (Phil. 2:13). Thus, everything is a gift from God; faith, the Spirit, the works, justification, eternal life, heaven, which is all "in Christ" as a nutshell. So, whatever result to us (sinless perfect state, holiness), is a GIFT not a REWARD, is FREE not a PREREQUISITE. Therefore, all what is need from us human being to make these gifts which is already ours but kept "in Christ", is to believe the Scripture and accept Christ by faith, then you accept all these gifts at then end, if you maintain your faith in Him, for only if you withdrew from faith you will lost all these gifts (Hebrew 10:38). So, according to me, Christ is the focus of my faith, and not a state as a target for having a reward. I don't mind my "works", for it is polluted with "self", but i know I have Christ that is always ready and willing to forgive my sins, and he has done that before hand at the cross, what is asked from me is confessions and believe (Romans 10:9; 1 John 1:9). Will I reach that stage of sinless perfect state? I'm not worrying about that, for I'm saved by His grace through faith which is a free gift.

Good points. Thank you. I like the way you emphasize the fact nothing Jesus accomplishes in and through us (fruits of the Spirit) adds to what He accomplishes for us (pardon, salvation, eternal life).

You wrote "everything is a gift from God . . . the works". Amen! It is God who empowers believers to manifest the fruits of the Spirit (good works). "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." Such faith and works are sinless, perfect.

You asked, "Will I reach that stage of sinless perfect state?" You already have. "Christ in you, the hope of glory." Sinless perfection isn't something you earn or achieve. Like everything else, it is a gift. So long as you are abiding in Jesus and partaking of the divine nature you are perfectly sinless. "Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not."

From your reply above, where is your view that sinless perfect character is a prerequisite for justification to enter heaven? I don't see it. Can you clarify, why it becomes a prerequisite?

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: James Saptenno] #144736
08/22/12 03:35 AM
08/22/12 03:35 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA

You understand my viewpoint, thank you.

Even the point is moot, but I held to the point view in Titus 2:11-14, which is God's will and works in me as according to Phil 2:13, not "my works."

My "works" is as according to Isaiah 64:6; Romans 7:14-24; Romans 3:23.

So, I believe, there is no faith + works to be justified, as according to Ephesians 2:8,9; Romans 3:21-28.

If what is "works" is fruit of the Spirit, it is a consequence of putting faith in Christ and His Gospel, it is "inevitable."

Finally, there is no such a PREREQUISITE state to be justified.

"In Christ" is the complete salvation done at the cross, if we remain "in Christ" by faith, the GIFT of justification, sanctification, glorification and eternal life remains ours.

Thus, the only difference between me and you all who held to the principle of a sinless perfect stage as a prerequisite to be justified for entering heaven and eat the fruit of life is,

You:
Perfect sinless character is a must, not one single weakness, stain or spot might remain in a believer for his fitness for heaven. This stage is a Prerequisite for the FINAL justification based on works as according to the law. Therefore, believers must work hard, disciplined their bodies and minds to fulfill the righteous demands of the law, with the power of the Spirit, hence, a joint operation work. They stand at the judgment in their "own righteousness."

Me:
When the individual door of Probation closed, faithful believers got their sinless perfect character, and at Glorification, they got their sinless perfect body at transformation. It is all gifts from God. Whatever stain of character remain and less perfect, is perfected by God. At the judgment they stand in "Christ Righteousness" which is their fitness for heaven. The grace of God till the end, for those who remain "in Christ" by faith. For truly, eternal life is just a gift already ours believers and non believers, just made effective through faith in Christ, for justification. Thus, a sinless perfect state is not a prerequisite for justification to enter heaven.

Do you believe God will made perfect those believers who are imperfect? Or do you believe we must perfect? Is the same saying, do you believe God's grace through Christ is sufficient for eternal life, or do you believe it is not sufficient?

From your reply above, where is your view that sinless perfect character is a prerequisite for justification to enter heaven? I don't see it. Can you clarify, why it becomes a prerequisite?

I didn't mean to say or imply sinlessness is a "prerequisite for justification to enter heaven". The fact it is a reality doesn't add to what Jesus accomplishes for us. Although faith and works are inseparable, neither one add to what Jesus accomplishes for us.

"Through faith we receive the grace of God; but faith is not our Saviour. It earns nothing. It is the hand by which we lay hold upon Christ, and appropriate His merits, the remedy for sin. {DA 175.4}

"There is nothing in faith that makes it our saviour. Faith cannot remove our guilt. Christ is the power of God unto salvation to all them that believe. The justification comes through the merits of Jesus Christ. He has paid the price for the sinner's redemption. Yet it is only through faith in His blood that Jesus can justify the believer. {RC 78.4}

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: jamesonofthunder] #144746
08/22/12 05:08 AM
08/22/12 05:08 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
******* POST CONTENT REMOVED AS IT REPLIED DIRECTLY TO AN EDITED POST *******

Last edited by Daryl F; 08/26/12 10:15 PM. Reason: Post Content Removed as it replied directly to an Edited Post.
Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: James Saptenno] #144747
08/22/12 05:11 AM
08/22/12 05:11 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
The only difference between me and you all who held to the principle of a sinless perfect stage as a prerequisite to be justified for entering heaven and eat the fruit of life is,

You:

Me:

I'm waiting comments.

Re: "How to attain Christian perfection" [Re: James Saptenno] #144748
08/22/12 05:12 AM
08/22/12 05:12 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
He also said to the crowds, “When you see a cloud rising in the west, you say at once, ‘A shower is coming.’ And so it happens. 55 And when you see the south wind blowing, you say, ‘There will be scorching heat,’ and it happens. 56 You hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of earth and sky, but why do you not know how to interpret the present time?
57 “And why do you not judge for yourselves what is right? 58 As you go with your accuser before the magistrate, make an effort to settle with him on the way, lest he drag you to the judge, and the judge hand you over to the officer, and the officer put you in prison. 59 I tell you, you will never get out until you have paid the very last penny.”

Page 8 of 25 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 24 25

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!