HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,300 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Former SDA the bitterest of enemies of the truth.... [Re: Mountain Man] #146880
11/12/12 09:54 PM
11/12/12 09:54 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Kland
In a typical congregation, would you say most are seeking and saving the lost? If what you say is true, I see many about to fall away.
Originally Posted By: EGW
It is a solemn statement that I make to the church, that not one in twenty whose names are registered upon the church books are prepared to close their earthly history, and would be as verily without God and without hope in the world as the common sinner.
Originally Posted By: EGW
Not one in a hundred among us is doing anything beyond engaging in common, worldly enterprises. We are not half awake to the worth of the souls for whom Christ died. 8T 147, 148. {PH005 9.1}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Former SDA the bitterest of enemies of the truth.... [Re: Mountain Man] #146890
11/13/12 12:20 AM
11/13/12 12:20 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
It seems some of the most zealous Adventists are so because they seek to reform the message of our church to their beliefs. Just like the devil in heaven, they get a little group going inside a church and by reason of his popularity, eventually their theories are accepted among a large segment of their local congregation. I have seen a whole church taken over by a man who insisted that the Spirit of Prophecy not be mentioned in the church at all. He had them do away with the Sabbath school quarterly and taught his version of SDA truth. Those people took over my church insidiously.

The majority of people in that church go there to hear him speak because he makes these demands. They too are overwhelmed by hearing the true gospel through Mrs White and as a defense mechanism they demand that her name not be mentioned in the church. WHY?

I have seen another man claim to have a vision from God saying that St. Paul was not ordained by God and everything he wrote should be cut out of the bible.

I have seen another pastor who would for some strange reason never accept ordination into our church, make it his duty to baptize homosexuals and make them leaders in the church. etc etc

I have seen the most tremendous abuses of our church by the leaders in this state. Minnesota. This is a huge mission field.

The last time I saw an evangelistic meeting for the Minneapolis area was in 2004, they spent $40,000 to have 3ABN come here with John Lomicang and not one person was baptized, in fact only 5 non Adventists made it through the whole seminar.

So in stead of finding better solutions with what to do with the outreach money, they (Anoka SDA) have been building on their church while putting them into debt on a building that was paid for.

$100,000 for a new parking lot when the same people come week by week? $50,000 for a new digital sign. Why? for people to look at while they drive by?

I have seen terrible things in our churches here in Minnesota!

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Former SDA the bitterest of enemies of the truth.... [Re: jamesonofthunder] #146893
11/13/12 02:20 AM
11/13/12 02:20 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I personally believe in literary evangelism, and where are our coleporters? The word doesn't even compute on spell check.

They should be pouring resources into printing and giving away those materials. The extra effort in getting a real book into someones hands makes them grateful in a way unappreciated.

They open it in respect of the gift. This is great way for God to speak.

How many open emails and have the same respect for the gift?

If you want to evangelism for Jesus in this day and age, give the gift of the 'Desire of Ages'. That is an excellent testimony.

I have been blessed to send pallets full of them, translated into the African languages to Africa, to be a used as a method of bartering for the church, more power than gold. They have to hire private security to keep them safe because these books are so valuable to them there.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Former SDA the bitterest of enemies of the truth.... [Re: jamesonofthunder] #146894
11/13/12 02:25 AM
11/13/12 02:25 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I meant in the northwest suburbs of Minneapolis. The rest I have not experienced.

Re: Former SDA the bitterest of enemies of the truth.... [Re: jamesonofthunder] #147082
11/17/12 08:41 PM
11/17/12 08:41 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
The whole church is asleep in the same manner as the 10 virgins are asleep, but midnight is coming.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Former SDA the bitterest of enemies of the truth.... [Re: Daryl] #147098
11/18/12 01:52 AM
11/18/12 01:52 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Brother Daryl!

Do you believe the midnight cry is to be repeated?

I do, but I receive major opposition to this concept.

We know that the midnight cry was proclaimed before 1844, but the repeat of the three angels messages also seems to preclude the midnight cry repeat also.

This pattern seems to go back to when Israel was wandering in the wilderness and they sent the 12 spies into the promised land, then because 10 reported lies they had to wander in the wilderness proportionate to the days the spies where in the land.

The spies were there 40 days so for 40 years Israel wandered.

I believe that Jones and Waggoner in the Spirit of the 1888 message were the Caleb and Joshua of our faith.

"Soon and very soon, we are going to see the king."

Re: Former SDA the bitterest of enemies of the truth.... [Re: jamesonofthunder] #147100
11/18/12 02:10 AM
11/18/12 02:10 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Quote:
Matthew 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom comes! Go out to meet him.

I understand the above quoted verse to be a future event in relation to my previous post.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Former SDA the bitterest of enemies of the truth.... [Re: Daryl] #147131
11/19/12 12:29 AM
11/19/12 12:29 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I completely agree with you on this subject, but Mrs White said it began in 1844, so it must be a repeat of that message that came at the beginning of the Advent movement. This is something to study because I believe I have been led to discover something very important here. Here is the proof for it beginning in 1844.

"Our hopes now centered on the coming of the Lord in 1844. This was also the time for the message of the second angel, who, flying through the midst of heaven, cried, “Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city.” Revelation 14:8. That message was first proclaimed by the servants of God in the summer of 1844. As a result, many left the fallen churches. In connection with this message the “midnight cry” was given: “Behold, the Bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet Him.” In every part of the land light was given concerning this message, and the cry aroused thousands. It went from city to city, from village to village, and into the remote country regions. It reached the learned and talented, as well as the obscure and humble. {CET 50.4}
This was the happiest year of my life. My heart was full of glad expectation; but I felt great pity and anxiety for those who were in discouragement and had no hope in Jesus. We united, as a people, in earnest prayer for a true experience and the unmistakable evidence of our acceptance with God." {CET 51.1}

Now here is what is special to what my God has showed me.

Recorded in Early Writings, the VERY FIRST VISION Mrs White received was about a path high and lifted up, like a bridge. Recorded here.

"While I was praying at the family altar, the Holy Ghost fell upon me, and I seemed to be rising higher and higher, far above the dark world. I turned to look for the Advent people in the world, but could not find them, when a voice said to me, “Look again, and look a little higher.” At this I raised my eyes, and saw a straight and narrow path, cast up high above the world. On this path the Advent people were traveling to the city, which was at the farther end of the path. They had a bright light set up behind them at the beginning of the path, which an angel told me was the midnight cry. This light shone all along the path and gave light for their feet so that they might not stumble. If they kept their eyes fixed on Jesus, who was just before them, leading them to the city, they were safe. But soon some grew weary, and said the city was a great way off, and they expected to have entered it before. Then Jesus would encourage them by raising His glorious right arm, and from His arm came a light which waved over the Advent band, and they shouted, “Alleluia!” Others rashly denied the light behind them and said that it was not God that had led them out so far. The light behind them went out, leaving their feet in perfect darkness, and they stumbled and lost sight of the mark and of Jesus, and fell off the path down into the dark and wicked world below. Soon we heard the voice of God like many waters, which gave us the day and hour of Jesus’ coming. The living saints, 144,000 in number, knew and understood the voice, while the wicked thought it was thunder and an earthquake. When God spoke the time, He poured upon us the Holy Ghost, and our faces began to light up and shine with the glory of God, as Moses’ did when he came down from Mount Sinai. {EW 14.1}
The 144,000 were all sealed and perfectly united. On their foreheads was written, God, New Jerusalem, and a glorious star containing Jesus’ new name. At our happy, holy state the wicked were enraged, and would rush violently up to lay hands on us to thrust us into prison, when we would stretch forth the hand in the name of the Lord, and they would fall helpless to the ground. Then it was that the synagogue of Satan knew that God had loved us who could wash one another’s feet and salute the brethren with a holy kiss, and they worshiped at our feet. {EW 15.1}
Soon our eyes were drawn to the east, for a small black cloud had appeared, about half as large as a man’s hand, which we all knew was the sign of the Son of man."

OK, so get the picture. I discovered that there was a bridge called "the Bridge of the Red Heifer" that spanned the Kidron Valley from the top of Mount Olives to the Eastern Gate of Jerusalem. I believe this vision is connected to that image!

The light that is at the beginning of the path is the Miphkad Altar, where the Red Heifer was sacrificed and lit on fire (symbolic of the hell Jesus endured in Gethsemane) just up the hill from where Jesus sweat blood. Jesus also ascended to heaven there. The word Miphkad is translated "place of numbering"! This is where the 144,000 get on the path heading to heavenly Jerusalem. I believe my discovery about the Red Heifer is part of this message.

See the light that shines all along the path?

Re: Former SDA the bitterest of enemies of the truth.... [Re: Mountain Man] #147340
11/23/12 01:34 PM
11/23/12 01:34 PM
H
Harold Fair  Offline
Active Member 2013
Florida, USA
I still say that these "ex"Adventists were never SDAs. There was something about at least one doctrine that they didn't accept. We churched a while with a group who claimed to be SDAs, but we noticed that they didn't accept SOP, or the diet. Now, they call themselves Seventh-day Baptists.

Harold T.
Re: Former SDA the bitterest of enemies of the truth.... [Re: Harold Fair] #147349
11/23/12 05:42 PM
11/23/12 05:42 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Harold Fair
I still say that these "ex"Adventists were never SDAs. There was something about at least one doctrine that they didn't accept. We churched a while with a group who claimed to be SDAs, but we noticed that they didn't accept SOP, or the diet. Now, they call themselves Seventh-day Baptists.

The principal "doctrine" that most who leave the Adventist church have not accepted is "forgiveness."

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!