HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,603
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 3,083 guests, and 21 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Re: Do We Really Understand Conversion? [Re: Rosangela] #148258
12/17/12 04:20 PM
12/17/12 04:20 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
M: Luther never did completely convert from the errors of Romanism. Consequently, he never completely converted to obeying everything Jesus commanded. He lived up to the light he believed. Thus, he will be in heaven.

R: Can half-converted people be in heaven?

M: "Conversion means renovation."

R: Is conversion = new birth or not? Was Luther born again or not?

Luther, and people like him, are not partially converted by choice. They are living up to the light Jesus revealed to them. Such are safe to save. They are in the process of converting to obeying everything Jesus commanded. The Dark Ages makes it hard to learn the truth and to unlearn the lies. Rebirth happens during the process of converting. People experience true, genuine, thorough conversion when they finish learning how to live in harmony with everything Jesus commanded. This is not to say they cannot continue learn more. We will continue to learn throughout eternity.

The passages I posted above make it abundantly clear true, genuine, thorough conversion (as opposed to half conversions) results in people living in harmony with everything Jesus commanded. Ellen White is very adamant about thoroughly indoctrinating people before consenting to baptize them and allowing them to join the SDA Church. She gives specific instruction on the best course to pursue, which doctrines to begin with and which ones to end with. Baptismal candidates must manifest the tell-tale signs of true, genuine, thorough conversion - they understand everything Jesus commanded, they are living in harmony with everything Jesus commanded.

Re: Do We Really Understand Conversion? [Re: kland] #148260
12/17/12 04:31 PM
12/17/12 04:31 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: kland
M: Luther never did completely convert from the errors of Romanism. Consequently, he never completely converted to obeying everything Jesus commanded. He lived up to the light he believed. Thus, he will be in heaven.

K: And you've also seem to have said that Spirit of Prophecy, which you've said also includes the Bible and which is the Testimony of Jesus, is somehow different than what you've just intended. If by such, you mean Ellen White and Ellen White only, then you've just said that she has added something which is not outlined by the Bible. Which is not what she has said, as she has said she would not be needed if people would read the Bible.

Jesus revealed present truth to Ellen White. But we cannot say it is a sin to live in harmony with truths revealed in the Bible. For example, Jesus permits a flesh food diet in the Bible, but through Ellen White He admonishes people to leave it off if their circumstances make it possible (plenty of vegetables, fruits, nuts, grains, legumes).

Quote:
Wow. You can live up to the light you believe but not be completely converted? Does conversion entail something one doesn't believe?

People are considered "converted" when they complete the process of converting to obeying everything Jesus commanded. They experience rebirth during the process of converting.

Re: Do We Really Understand Conversion? [Re: Mountain Man] #148262
12/17/12 09:43 PM
12/17/12 09:43 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Luther, and people like him, are not partially converted by choice. They are living up to the light Jesus revealed to them. Such are safe to save. They are in the process of converting to obeying everything Jesus commanded.

We must reveal that we are converted, born again, before we can see heaven. {UL 257.3}

In order to serve God acceptably, we must be "born again." Our natural dispositions, which are in opposition to the Spirit of God, must be put away. We must be made new men and women in Christ Jesus. Our old, unrenewed lives must give place to a new life--a life full of love, of trust, of willing obedience. Think you that such a change is not necessary for entrance into the kingdom of God? Listen to the words of the Majesty of heaven: "Ye must be born again" (John 3:7). "Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 18:3). {YRP 24.2}

but when men are born again, when they are truly converted, old things pass away, and behold, all things become new. {ST, June 13, 1892 par. 6}

You need to be converted, to be born again, before you can cooperate with the Lord Jesus. {11MR 311.5}

Mike, what you said does not make any sense. Nobody can see heaven before being converted - born again. To be half-converted is not being converted at all, in the same way that being half-saved is not being saved at all. To what lengths you go to defend your views!

Re: Do We Really Understand Conversion? [Re: Rosangela] #148263
12/17/12 11:44 PM
12/17/12 11:44 PM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec
Mike, what you said does not make any sense...To what lengths you go to defend your views!

But Mike has been practicing this for years, and much seems based on Catholic doctrine.

Obey the law to reach conversion.
Reconcile with God but without conversion.

Etc.

And now charging Christ for witholding light from Luther.

Mike, you have a long history of fueling argument, debate, controversy, often based upon reams of misplaced copy & pasted EGW quotations, defying the plainest logic. Stirring the pot. You carried this on for years with Tom Ewall, commonly known as trolling.

Re: Do We Really Understand Conversion? [Re: gordonb1] #148266
12/18/12 12:28 AM
12/18/12 12:28 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Gordon, would you prefer it if I stopped posting here?

Re: Do We Really Understand Conversion? [Re: Mountain Man] #148267
12/18/12 12:31 AM
12/18/12 12:31 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
To what lengths you go to defend your views!

Coming from you, this hurts.

Re: Do We Really Understand Conversion? [Re: Mountain Man] #148268
12/18/12 02:55 AM
12/18/12 02:55 AM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Gordon, would you prefer it if I stopped posting here?
What would that solve Mike, and what matters my preference? I'm no Ernie Knolls Son of Thunder false prophet dictator.

Is not a pastor accountable for his teaching? Rosangela should be thanked for offering correction to these misconstrued notions of conversion. It appears she's trying to help, not hurt as you take it. If you insist on posting aberrant doctrine, misapplied SOP, and questions to provoke adventists, what reaction do you expect from conservative Adventists?

Wouldn't it be better to take responsibility - or if error's not evident, to study the Bible for confirmation?

Re: Do We Really Understand Conversion? [Re: Mountain Man] #148270
12/18/12 11:46 AM
12/18/12 11:46 AM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
Quote:
Coming from you, this hurts.

I'm sorry Mike, it wasn't my intention to hurt you. If I did, please accept my apologies.
I said this because the impression I get is that you make your mind about some point, and to defend that point you have to adjust your own whole system of beliefs. You came to believe that all sins are revealed to the person before his conversion; to defend this, you started to hold that a person cannot be converted without having been thoroughly indoctrinated; and to defend this you now are holding that the new birth is just part of conversion. Don't you think this is going too far?

Re: Do We Really Understand Conversion? [Re: Rosangela] #148271
12/18/12 03:59 PM
12/18/12 03:59 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I actually believe what I have been sharing here. I have believed it since 1995. I even wrote a book. I am not making it up as we go along. Nor am I adjusting, tweaking, changing things to accommodate the passages you post which, on the surface, appear to refute, derail, contradict the passages I post. I have been earnestly studying this for many, many years. I believe what I have been sharing with all my heart, which is why your comment hurt so much. Thank you for the apology. It is greatly appreciated.

Conversion is a long, patient, protracted process which ends in people learning and living in harmony with everything Jesus commanded. They continue learning forever thereafter as they grow in grace and mature in the fruits of the Spirit. In the SOP sometimes words are used interchangeably, and sometimes they are used more specifically. Context makes all the difference. The word "converted," for example, is used in different ways. Sometimes it refers to people who are in the process of converting to obeying everything Jesus commanded (Wycliffe, Luther, Miller, etc), and other times it refers to people who have completed the process (Peter, Paul, Matthew, etc).

Since rebirth is required to be saved, and knowing and living in harmony with everything Jesus commanded is not, it stands to reason there is a difference between people who initially experience rebirth and people who have completed the process of converting to obeying everything Jesus commanded. People who die before they learn and live in harmony with everything Jesus commanded will be part of the first resurrection. People who die after learning and living in harmony with everything Jesus commanded will be a part of the special resurrection. And, to be translated alive when Jesus arrives, people must be living in harmony with everything Jesus commanded. People like Wycliffe, Luther, and Miller cannot be translated alive because they have not learned how to live in harmony with everything Jesus commanded. Of course if Wycliffe, Luther, and Miller were living during the closing scenes of earth's history they would embrace the truth and be translated alive.

Re: Do We Really Understand Conversion? [Re: Mountain Man] #148272
12/18/12 04:06 PM
12/18/12 04:06 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Gordon, thank you. Please go easy on me. I sincerely believe what I have been posting here. The passages I have been posting support it. People who complete the process of converting to obeying everything Jesus commanded are living in harmony with everything Jesus commanded. People who experience true, genuine, thorough conversion in God's appointed way do not ignorantly retain and practice some of the sins they cultivated prior to completing the long, patient, protracted process of conversion. People who are in the midst of converting are just as saved as people who have completed the process.

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by dedication. 04/29/24 07:16 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!