HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,165 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: Rosangela] #149278
01/29/13 03:16 PM
01/29/13 03:16 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
So it seems clear that the 24 elders are angels.
Whether the 24 elders has been refuted is one thing. But another is the sons of God in Job. Have sons of God ever been used to refer to angels?

Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: kland] #149283
01/29/13 06:47 PM
01/29/13 06:47 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
I think the term "sons of God" could be applied to any of God's intelligent creatures, but, in fact, I haven't yet seen the term applied to the inhabitants of other worlds. According to the Hebrew parallelism, it would be natural to interpret "morning stars" and "sons of God" as synonyms, and "star" is a symbol used to describe angels in other biblical passages.

EGW says the angels are sons of God (ST, May 30, 1895 par. 3).

Specifically about Job 38:7, she says:

Before the creation of man, angels were in existence; for when the foundations of the earth were laid, “the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy.” Job 38:7. {TA 9.2}

Angelic agencies, though invisible, are cooperating with visible human agencies, forming a relief association with men. ... The very angels who shouted for joy over the creation of our world and over the creation of our first parents to inhabit the earth, ... these very heavenly messengers are most intensely interested to work in union with the fallen, redeemed race for the salvation of human beings perishing in their sins. {HP 102.3}

At the creation, when the foundations of the earth were laid, the sons of God looked with admiration upon the work of the Creator, and all the heavenly host shouted for joy. It was then that the foundation of the Sabbath was laid. {EW 217.2}

Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: kland] #149284
01/29/13 08:45 PM
01/29/13 08:45 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Originally Posted By: kland
So it seems clear that the 24 elders are angels.
Whether the 24 elders has been refuted is one thing. But another is the sons of God in Job. Have sons of God ever been used to refer to angels?

I think this is a very valid question which I am not able to define yet. It seems like a problem that Ellen White uses the term "angel" where it appears like John uses the term "elder".

The fundamentalist understanding of inspiration which believes that God dictates the very words that the prophet writes down requires a definition like what Stephen Bohr presents.

This is not fully in agreement with the definition of Ellen White herself on inspiration. She makes it clear that it is not the words that are inspired, but the prophet who makes use of whatever words in his/her vocabulary to describe the message given by God.

Does this complicate things for us?

Was EGW using the term "angel" in the meaning "messenger" when she used that term here?

On several occasions when she saw heavenly things in vision she had an angelic guide to describe things for her. Is this what she is referring to here? Does she have her guide, who was an angel in mind?

It seems to me that Stephen Bohr should have followed the explicit words of Ellen White not to jump to a private interpretation of his own without consulting with other seasoned Bible students. But he seems to count on the power of TV and a private financial backing to support his salesmanship of new ideas.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: Johann] #149305
01/30/13 04:26 AM
01/30/13 04:26 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
That the 24 elders are angels is NOT stephen Bohr's original conclusion. Like I mentioned in my post on the page before this one -- HE CHANGED his webpage.

This is what he taught before:

1.The morning stars and sons of God existed BEFORE creation. See Job 38:4-7

It is the stars that are angels Rev.12:4,9 (Satan take 1/3 of the stars defined as angels)

The sons of God are kings of their planets - worlds Job 1:6-7

From these verses we know that the sons of God
--1.Do not always live where God is (they had to come)
--2.Satan came along with them showing he is their peer or contemporary
--3.Satan came representing planet earth (implying the sons of God represent other planets)

2.Satan was among the sons of God because he believed the earth was given to him (Luke 4:5-6)
When Adam obeyed Satan, Satan became his master and Adam his slave (Romans 6:16)

3.The universe is ruled by a council. , Daniel 7:9-10; Revelation 4:1-7 (use NKJV)

4.Adam is an original son of God (Luke 3:38, Patriarchs & Prophets page 45)

Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: dedication] #149306
01/30/13 04:48 AM
01/30/13 04:48 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Adam sold out his position as the "son of God" at the head of the human race. (Luke 3:38)
1 Cor. 15:21-22

But Christ came to reclaim that inheritance -- and now Christ stands at the head of the human race, and through HIM the human race (those Who accept Christ as their head) will see the earth once more restored.
Christ, in human flesh, passed over the ground victorious, where Adam fell.

Here was what was involved in Adam’s disobedience and what the obedience of the Son of God means to us.

Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: Rosangela] #149326
01/30/13 06:48 PM
01/30/13 06:48 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
I think the term "sons of God" could be applied to any of God's intelligent creatures, but, in fact, I haven't yet seen the term applied to the inhabitants of other worlds. According to the Hebrew parallelism, it would be natural to interpret "morning stars" and "sons of God" as synonyms, and "star" is a symbol used to describe angels in other biblical passages.

EGW says the angels are sons of God (ST, May 30, 1895 par. 3).
Originally Posted By: ST, May 30, 1895 par. 3
There is but one way of escape for the sinner. There is but one agency whereby he may be cleansed from sin. He must accept the propitiation that has been made by the Lamb of God, who taketh away the sins of the world. The shed blood of Christ cleanseth us from all sin. "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." "Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins." A complete offering has been made; for "God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son,"-- not a son by creation, as were the angels, nor a son by adoption, as is the forgiven sinner, but a Son begotten in the express image of the Father's person, and in all the brightness of his majesty and glory, one equal with God in authority, dignity, and divine perfection. In him dwelt all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. {ST, May 30, 1895 par. 3}
You're going to have to help me there....

Quote:

Specifically about Job 38:7, she says:

Before the creation of man, angels were in existence; for when the foundations of the earth were laid, “the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy.” Job 38:7. {TA 9.2}

Angelic agencies, though invisible, are cooperating with visible human agencies, forming a relief association with men. ... The very angels who shouted for joy over the creation of our world and over the creation of our first parents to inhabit the earth, ... these very heavenly messengers are most intensely interested to work in union with the fallen, redeemed race for the salvation of human beings perishing in their sins. {HP 102.3}
That sounds like a reasonable conclusion. However, this would rely on the assumption that the morning stars ONLY sang together and all the sons of God ONLY shouted for joy. Can sons of God include both angels and other worlds?

Quote:

At the creation, when the foundations of the earth were laid, the sons of God looked with admiration upon the work of the Creator, and all the heavenly host shouted for joy. It was then that the foundation of the Sabbath was laid. {EW 217.2}
Ok, how does that tell you anything about who they are? Can heavenly host include more than angels? I think so.

But:
Quote:
Those who accept him as their Saviour, their Redeemer, the Prince of Life, he acknowledges before the heavenly host, before the worlds unfallen, and before the fallen world, as his peculiar treasure. {GCB, April 1, 1899 par. 5}

Yet again other worlds are watching:
Quote:
The angels and the holy inhabitants of other worlds watch with intense interest the events taking place on this earth. Now as the close of the great controversy between Christ and Satan draws near, the heavenly host behold men trampling upon the law of Jehovah, making void the memorial of God,--the sign between Him and His commandment-keeping people,--setting it aside as a thing of naught, something to be despised, while the rival sabbath is exalted. They see men claiming to be Christians, calling upon the world to observe this spurious sabbath that they have made. {ST, February 22, 1910 par. 3}

Quote:
The Sabbath was instituted in Eden before the fall, and was observed by Adam and Eve, and all the heavenly host. God rested on the seventh day, and blessed and hallowed it. I saw that the Sabbath never will be done away; but that the redeemed saints, and all the angelic host, will observe it in honor of the great Creator to all eternity. {EW 217.2}
If we go with exclusive, then would this mean other worlds do not and will not observe the Sabbath?

Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: dedication] #149328
01/30/13 06:53 PM
01/30/13 06:53 PM
Rosangela  Offline
5500+ Member
Brazil
I've found a passage in which EGW refers to the "sons of God" of Job 1 as angels:

The Scriptures declare that upon one occasion, when the angels of God came to present themselves before the Lord, Satan came also among them (Job 1:6), not to bow before the Eternal King, but to further his own malicious designs against the righteous. With the same object he is in attendance when men assemble for the worship of God. {DD 5.4}

Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: Rosangela] #149332
01/30/13 08:51 PM
01/30/13 08:51 PM
H
Harold Fair  Offline
Active Member 2013
Florida, USA
I may be missing something, but I read in my Bible that the 24 elders state that they will reign as priests and kings on Earth. Rev.5:10.

Harold T.
Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: Rosangela] #149333
01/30/13 09:15 PM
01/30/13 09:15 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Where in this picture is the Archangel Michael?

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: Harold Fair] #149334
01/30/13 09:20 PM
01/30/13 09:20 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Originally Posted By: Harold Fair
I may be missing something, but I read in my Bible that the 24 elders state that they will reign as priests and kings on Earth. Rev.5:10.

Not unimportant, Harold.

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!