HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,600
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,960 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Pope Benedict XVI's resignation because of child abuse scandal? [Re: Daryl] #150533
03/09/13 01:47 AM
03/09/13 01:47 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Daryl
The question is how much time do we really have to work in His vineyard?

Less today than we had yesterday.

The time has come to not enlarge our families. To NOT join the military. To divest of our property and to give to God's work and care for the poor.

The time will soon be here when people will wish that they had given to the Lord's work sooner. Their money will testify against their soul.

"It is too late now to cling to worldly treasures. Soon unnecessary houses and lands will be of no benefit to anyone, for the curse of God will rest more and more heavily upon the earth. The call comes, "Sell that ye have, and give alms" [Luke 12:33]. This message should be faithfully borne--urged home to the hearts of the people--that God's own property may be returned to Him in offerings to advance His work in the world."--16MR 348 (1901).

"Unless this church shall arouse from their lethargy and shake off the spirit of the world, they will mourn when, too late, they find their opportunities and privileges lost, lost forever. The Lord sometimes tests His people with prosperity in temporal things. But He intends that they shall make a right use of His gifts. Their property, their time, their strength, and their opportunities are all of God. For all these blessings they must account to the Giver. While want and destitution are seen among our brethren, and we withhold relief from them when our own necessities are supplied, we neglect a plain duty revealed in the word of God. He gives to us liberally that we may give to others. It is beneficence that overcomes selfishness and ennobles and purifies the soul. Some abuse the talents given them of God; they close their eyes that they may not see the necessities of His cause and turn away their ears that they may not hear His voice showing them their duty to feed the hungry and clothe the naked. Some who profess to be children of God seem anxious to invest their means in the world lest it shall return to the Giver in gifts and offerings. They forget their divine mission, and if they continue to follow the dictates of their selfish hearts, and expend precious time and means to gratify their pride, God will send reverses, and they will feel pinching want because of their ingratitude. He will entrust His talents to more faithful stewards, who will acknowledge His claims upon them." {4T 619.2}

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Pope Benedict XVI's resignation because of child abuse scandal? [Re: His child] #150558
03/09/13 04:51 PM
03/09/13 04:51 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
When I sell my house and property how should I invest the funds?

Re: Pope Benedict XVI's resignation because of child abuse scandal? [Re: Mountain Man] #150564
03/09/13 08:09 PM
03/09/13 08:09 PM
D
daylily  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

USA
How about in the Great Controversy Project? smile

I never thought EGW meant to sell the home you are living in, just the extra properties. What do you think?

Last edited by daylily; 03/09/13 08:09 PM.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI's resignation because of child abuse scandal? [Re: daylily] #150574
03/10/13 12:13 AM
03/10/13 12:13 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: daylily
How about in the Great Controversy Project? smile

I never thought EGW meant to sell the home you are living in, just the extra properties. What do you think?

Originally Posted By: Spirit of Prophecy
"The precious hours are passing. My soul is drawn out in deep, earnest, anxious interest in your behalf. As an ambassador of Christ, I implore you to commence your work intelligently. Pick up the raveling ends, and bind them off for time and for eternity. It is not too late yet for wrongs to be righted; and while Jesus, our Mediator, is pleading in our behalf, let us do our part of the work. Love God with all thy heart and thy neighbor as thyself. Let us confess and forsake our sins that we may find pardon. Let those who have robbed God in tithes and offerings now come before him and make restitution. The question is asked, "Will a man rob God? as though it was not a possible thing for one to do so great a crime; but if God has ever spoken through me, there has been grievous robbery from him in tithes and offerings. {RH, December 16, 1884 par. 21}

When we flee from the cities, will we own a city and country homes? When we flee from the little towns to the mountains what will we own? Should we live in a $300,000 estate or a $79,000 (or less) modest home?

It is time to be putting our houses in order.

& MM what should you be spending money on?

Feed the hungry
clothe the naked
Support orphanages
share 3 angels' literature like Autumn Leaves

What else do you think would be appropriate for God's stewards at this time when the rapid final events are going to begin any day?

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Pope Benedict XVI's resignation because of child abuse scandal? [Re: His child] #150577
03/10/13 12:50 AM
03/10/13 12:50 AM
D
daylily  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

USA
Thankfully, We already live in the country

Re: Pope Benedict XVI's resignation because of child abuse scandal? [Re: daylily] #150591
03/10/13 03:38 PM
03/10/13 03:38 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I know several people who quit their jobs, sold everything, gave to missions, and preached the word on the road. They lived in tents, homeless shelters, and with friends. This happened in 1983.

Re: Pope Benedict XVI's resignation because of child abuse scandal? [Re: Mountain Man] #150610
03/11/13 03:25 AM
03/11/13 03:25 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
I know several people who quit their jobs, sold everything, gave to missions, and preached the word on the road. They lived in tents, homeless shelters, and with friends. This happened in 1983.

What does someone crying wolf in 1983 have to do with the wolf that is at the door in 2013?

Just because Adam didn't live in the endtime, that does not mean that we don't live in the endtime now.

There were allot of people that used your logic to convince themselves to stay out of Noah's ark.

But MM you can skirt around the evidence all you want, but it won't impress you to change your attitude or mend your ways unless the Holy Spirit impresses your heart that it is true.

Blessings,

Re: Pope Benedict XVI's resignation because of child abuse scandal? [Re: His child] #150621
03/11/13 04:12 PM
03/11/13 04:12 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
His Child, I will sell our house and property when Jesus makes it clear it is time to do so. I assume you have already sold your house and property.

Re: Pope Benedict XVI's resignation because of child abuse scandal? [Re: Mountain Man] #150790
03/16/13 08:52 AM
03/16/13 08:52 AM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
His Child, I will sell our house and property when Jesus makes it clear it is time to do so. I assume you have already sold your house and property.

Regarding my house and property.

We bought a country house (with a big mortgage in 2003 +/-) so the girls could be in the country and we could raise our food etc. Took my 401K out in cash and invested it. Over night it that $ was blessed 5 fold. Retired to study Daniel and Revelation. Didn't understand the investment world well and over night lost it $.

No money no job, Wife left and took kids.

thought I must have misunderstood the Lord's instructions to study and work in His vineyard. went back to work.

Wife fell and had to go to Nursing Home for rehab. She lost her place & came home. While working full time, studying late into the night and caring for her and kids, boss said I was sleeping at work. got fired. She left again.

Gave 7 of 10 neighbors copies of my book "Daniel's Apocalyptic Code Revealed." Ran out of books or they were not home and never got back to those 3 families.

Lost the house. The fellow that bought it put me out on the street. I refused to go. No money no place to go & no place to put my stuff. He let me stay there 6-weeks and agreed to sell the place back to me. But still had no money.

So I took it to God in prayer. And He provided a buyer for the house. I sold. Gave the man his money and had money to move and start over. By loosing the house, I ended up better off than if I had just sold it to begin with.

Then my mom broke her hip Christmas Day 2010 and I moved in with her for a while. And wrote the book "Echoes of Doomsday." In it, I followed the prophecies of Daniel and warned of Pending disasters and end time events. Published it April 27, 2011 at 12 noon. At 6 PM that very day a mega tornado took out the house that I had lost and been forced to leave weeping and crying. It had been remodeled but sat empty.

The 7 neighbors I had given books to had minor to moderate damage. the 3 I skipped had their housed totally destroyed. You cannot pick and choose who to give the gospel to. The ones I missed were the ones who might have died in that disaster.

At the right time God moved us from the danger zone. And He blessed us through it all.

On the other hand, my pastor's house was a few doors down on a different street. I had given him my book "The Last Church Meets the Obama-Nation." A week of 2 before the tornado, I asked if he had read the book yet? He replied that he had not but would get to it. His tone was that Christ might come first.

The morning after the tornado, his house looked untouched. But there was not a tree standing in what had been the forest in his front yard. So there was this stately house with destruction on all 4 sides. But when you went around to the back of his house, the back wall was gone and the inside was gutted with all the rafters and floor twisted. So from the front there was this stately house amid the ruins, but when you looked a little closer, the inside was a mess. What a parable.

I currently rent a modest home for a couple hundred a month a few blocks from where the tornado had devastated my neighborhood. At a moment's notice, I can walk away from it.

But if you assume that when you see things unfold as you think they will come about and then you hope to find a buyer when everyone is trying to sell, you may wait too long. A brother at church has been following my study and is trying to sell his place. In the past year, he has had allot of lookers, but has not sold it yet.

And when the US economy collapses and the Mark of the Beast is linked to buying and selling, it will be too late to put anything else in the Lord's work. The sleeping saints will awake too late to their situation as God sees it.

Re: Pope Benedict XVI's resignation because of child abuse scandal? [Re: His child] #150802
03/16/13 07:10 PM
03/16/13 07:10 PM
G
Gregory  Offline
SDA
Chaplain

Active Member 2022
Most Dedicated Member
USA
Quote:
When we flee from the cities, will we own a city and country homes? When we flee from the little towns to the mountains what will we own? Should we live in a $300,000 estate or a $79,000 (or less) modest home?

In some places in the U.S. $300,000 would get you a run-down older home much in need of fixing up and $79,000 would not get you a one-room effeciancy.

Gregory
May God's will be done.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!