HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, 1 invisible), 3,263 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Pope Benedict to Resign #149512
02/11/13 11:33 AM
02/11/13 11:33 AM
G
gordonb1  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec
Resignation Letter from Vatican Radio:

Dear Brothers,

I have convoked you to this Consistory, not only for the three canonizations, but also to communicate to you a decision of great importance for the life of the Church. After having repeatedly examined my conscience before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths, due to an advanced age, are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry. I am well aware that this ministry, due to its essential spiritual nature, must be carried out not only with words and deeds, but no less with prayer and suffering. However, in today’s world, subject to so many rapid changes and shaken by questions of deep relevance for the life of faith, in order to govern the bark of Saint Peter and proclaim the Gospel, both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognize my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to me. For this reason, and well aware of the seriousness of this act, with full freedom I declare that I renounce the ministry of Bishop of Rome, Successor of Saint Peter, entrusted to me by the Cardinals on 19 April 2005, in such a way, that as from 28 February 2013, at 20:00 hours, the See of Rome, the See of Saint Peter, will be vacant and a Conclave to elect the new Supreme Pontiff will have to be convoked by those whose competence it is.
Dear Brothers, I thank you most sincerely for all the love and work with which you have supported me in my ministry and I ask pardon for all my defects. And now, let us entrust the Holy Church to the care of Our Supreme Pastor, Our Lord Jesus Christ, and implore his holy Mother Mary, so that she may assist the Cardinal Fathers with her maternal solicitude, in electing a new Supreme Pontiff. With regard to myself, I wish to also devotedly serve the Holy Church of God in the future through a life dedicated to prayer.
From the Vatican, 10 February 2013

BENEDICTUS PP XVI

http://en.radiovaticana.va/articolo.asp?c=663815

Editing in the embed video announcement:

Last edited by Daryl; 02/16/13 12:52 AM. Reason: Embed video announcement added.
Re: Pope Benedict to Resign [Re: gordonb1] #149568
02/12/13 02:57 PM
02/12/13 02:57 PM
G
gordonb1  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec

It's quite unlikely the Pope resigned due to ill health. This angle seems overplayed, nor does his resignation letter ring true. The pedophile scandal is implausible, unless a whole Seminary has photo evidence against him personally. No, the pedophile scandal, and others, have been boiling over for years, the Vatican brushes them all aside.

It's more likely a coup d'ètat from within, planned long in advance. The Pope didn't jump, rather he was pushed, to make way for the final movements of the Great Controversy. In Italy some are saying he'll be sequestered until after the general election. (10 days)

Re: Pope Benedict to Resign [Re: gordonb1] #149633
02/14/13 12:21 PM
02/14/13 12:21 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Quote:
It's quite unlikely the Pope resigned due to ill health. This angle seems overplayed, nor does his resignation letter ring true. The pedophile scandal is implausible, unless a whole Seminary has photo evidence against him personally... It's more likely a coup d'ètat from within, planned long in advance.
I agree that it is not the only factor(pedophile crimes) behind his resignation. Many other crimes(bribery and money-laundering) has come to the public just over the last year against the Vatican with evidences that can't be brushed away. We are now seeing that these too big to fail entities(banks, Royal family, RCC, Governments, Mega-Corporation, etc...) are increasingly being prosecuted as the evidences are brought forth which increases the awareness of the 99%.

Now concerning the RCC pedophile scandals and other criminal actions towards people, these charges are brought against the RCC not Benedict personaly despite he is guilty of some crimes of that sort and I would imagine that individuals will be held accountable for their own actions. His resignation is a diversion using Benedict as a scapegoat. It's a watering down tacktive to not prosecute the RCC Church. However, Kevin is aware of this as his comments indicates in his quote below. Kevin will proceeds his arrests and legal actions against the Church despite Benedict removal.

The crimes against humanity is Kevin Annett's angle and life ministry. He is not focussing on pedophile charges, but a wide range of criminal actions done to indogenous people over the course of history in multiple countries done by the RCC and other DENOMINATIONS with the collaborations of the government. He worked long years to build a solid case with hundreds if not thousands of cases, to prosecute the churches and state by carefully planning these legal actions and arrests.

Other people with other expertise are working on other angles and on different entities forming Mystery Babylon. The timing is the Lords and He is bombarding Mystery Babylon from all angles by multiple prosecutions. We have long known that He was going to bring judgment on Babylon. This is what we are seeing.

Here's Kevin last article about what prompt the resignation of Benedict.
Originally Posted By: Elle
The Rat Scurries from the Vat: The Latest Coup in Rome
Posted on February 13, 2013 by Jean by Kevin D. Annett
February 11, 2013
Facebook post

Theories are abounding this week now that the first pope in seven centuries is resigning his office. But as always, the most direct way to the truth behind the world’s oldest corporation is simply by following the money: and specifically, Vatican Bank money.

Let’s put to rest, first of all, the fallacy that “looming scandals” about child rape and coverup are behind Joseph Ratzinger’s resignation.

That’s just the cover story.

Nobody in the church hierarchy is losing much sleep over their standing, canon-law endorsed policy of concealing and protecting child rapists in their ranks. Even the International Criminal Court application about such crimes has been stymied by catholic-run legislators and jurists.

What pronounced the death knell on Pope Benedict was his personal implication in the bribery and money-laundering practices of the Vatican Bank, comically known as The Institute of Religious Works (IOR); and how that dirty connection gave the anti-Ratzinger faction in the College of Cardinals the lever they needed to dump the obstinate German from the papal throne.
The Ex Pope and the New Pope? Joseph Ratzinger (l) and the palace coup-master, Cardinal Bertone

We had a whiff of that dump-Rat Boy agenda last year, when “Vatileaks” broke into the news with a ludicrous story of how Ratzinger’s loyal butler Paolo Gabriele disclosed the pope’s dirty secrets to the Italian media. In fact, the damning documents detailing Ratzinger’s secret rewarding of Vatican contracts to his friends and family members originated in the Vatican Secretary of State’s office, which the fall-guy butler could not have had access to.

The Secretary of State and the real power behind the papacy is Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, an old insider who also engineered the sacking of Gotti Tedeschi, head of the Vatican Bank, last May.

Tedeschi had taken seriously the call of the European Parliament for “greater transparency” by the Vatican Bank /IOR, and was about to disclose to Brussels how his bosses had been laundering money for the mob for decades. The last Pope who had tried such a disclosure, John Paul 1, died from poisoning in September, 1978 after less than a month in office.

But even with Tedechi silenced, the IOR house of cards kept tumbling, as the European Parliament seized from it 300 million Euros fraudulently acquired, and even the American Securities and Exchange Commission declared the IOR’s assets and practices “insecure”. A major Vatican housecleaning was required; or at least, the appearance of one.

It was the pivotal Cardinal Bertone who leaked the pope’s diary and other incriminating papers to a catholic-friendly journalist in Rome last year soon after the sacking of Tedeschi, to prepare the world for Ratzinger’s removal. For it is Bertone who is now reaping the benefits of the papal housecleaning; he is not only a primary contender for the pope’s position but a key player in the IOR.

During my first speaking tour in Rome, in the fall of 2009, I met with several senior Italian senators and officials of the parliamentary Radical Party. They all said the same thing about why Joseph Ratzinger had been made pope, and what awaited him. To quote one of those politicians,

“Nobody becomes pope without a sordid past, because only with such liabilities can he be controlled by the Curia. It’s the same in any big company. Well, Ratzinger made many indisrections as a Cardinal and made many enemies. His signing letters ordering criminal concealment was just one sin. He was to be the scapegoat for all of the trash that the church knew would surface”

So now, the papal scapegoat is gone, pensioned off to wherever ex-popes end up; and the time for the big face lift has arrived.

The idea of applying cosmetic surgery to a decaying facade like the Church of Rome reminds me of Shirley Maclaine trying to look forty at the age of ninety. And yet appearances are everything in show business as well as in religion.

Tarcisio Bertone is about as institutional as you can get, and represents the old Italian crowd of the Curia and are part of the Mob-government-papal clique that run the country and the Roman catholic church. In the words of one of the Roman Senators I spoke with,

“You must understand that in my country, the Mafia and the government and the Vatican are all the same people, and they really have only one concern: protecting their assets.”

Bertone, or whoever from the victorious ranks of his faction does assume the papal tiria, cannot be expected to do much but maintain the assets and security of the church, and that means by continuing the policies of silence and dissimulation that keeps the cash flowing. But their position is more difficult now in the wake of the enormous rifts developing within the wider church, where Cardinals are facing criminal prosecution for shielding child rapists, and talk of disaffiliating from Rome is widespread among Irish, American and German Bishops.

“We have all the grounds for a second Reformation now. That’s how serious is the crisis. The church will either rid itself of itself or face collapse” said the Roman Senator to me.

It was easy to despise Joseph Ratzinger: the Hitler Youth raised, reactionary bigot who sacked liberal and independent thinkers in his church as the Cardinal-head of the Vatican Inquisition, and who told American Bishops that purgatory awaited any of them who did not cover up priestly child rape. Even among fellow Cardinals, he was known as “Joe the Rat”.

But Ratzinger was a made to order object of hatred, and put there to play out the oldest game in politics: the venting of popular rage on a disposable figurehead so that the institution itself could proceed unscathed.

I doubt that it’s totally coincidental that Ratzinger was forced out of office so quickly barely ten days after our Common Law court published online hard evidence of the Pope’s involvement in crimes against humanity. Any new Pope will face the same charges, of colluding in a massive criminal conspiracy.

But the real issue is not who or what will replace Joseph Ratzinger as the latest figurehead, but how to displace the Vatican itself as a criminal power unto itself. And that struggle is just commencing.

Blessings
Re: Pope Benedict to Resign [Re: Elle] #149727
02/16/13 12:54 AM
02/16/13 12:54 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I edited the embed video announcement into the opening post of this announcement thread.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Pope Benedict to Resign [Re: Daryl] #149898
02/21/13 01:57 AM
02/21/13 01:57 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada

Daryl smile

Re: Pope Benedict to Resign [Re: Daryl] #149967
02/23/13 11:32 AM
02/23/13 11:32 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Another five days to go before the resignation actually takes place.

Daryl smile

Re: Pope Benedict to Resign [Re: Daryl] #150229
03/02/13 12:26 AM
03/02/13 12:26 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
We are now into the first day after his resignation took effect.

Daryl smile

Re: Pope Benedict to Resign [Re: Daryl] #150268
03/02/13 01:01 PM
03/02/13 01:01 PM
His child  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: Daryl
We are now into the first day after his resignation took effect.

It still baffles me that so many of the brethren were surprised by Pope Benedict XVI resignation Monday February 11, 2013. As a Student of Bible Prophecy, I have been giving the warning faithfully for one year prior to his resignation that Pope Benedict XVI would leave office by the Spring of 2013.

Confirm the TWEETS and follow me, the Loudcryer, on Twitter!
This is a complete list of my Benedict tweets:

Pope Benedict XVI has but a very short time left (3 September 2011)

#Pope Benedict XVI marks his last year with a Latin America trip that includes a visit to #Cuba (23 March 2012)

With Benedict XVI in his last year, Who’s going to be the new pope? As I read it a demon masquerading as John-Paul II will take the job! (3 April 2012)

Is Pope Benedict going to be pope in 2013? (29 April 2012)

Months ago I tweeted that pope Benedict XVI is a short timer.
Now Vatican power play is news! Y u b last 2 know? (28 May 2012)

If Pope Benedict’s 8th year is really his 7th, his time ends before May 2013 (7 July 2012)

Pope Benedict’s 8th year is really his 7th, because his ascension year was John-Paul II’s last year. Will Benedict XVI’s 7th year B his last (8 August 2012)

Pope #Benedict XVI As I read Daniel’s prophecy, 7’s number of completeness. His ascension year (zero) 2005. He might last till spring 2013? (30 September 2012)

Pope Benedict announced this morning (Monday February 11, 2013) that he is resigning as of 28 February 2013.

From my reading of Bible Prophecy, there will not be another pope.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Pope Benedict to Resign [Re: His child] #150344
03/03/13 11:44 PM
03/03/13 11:44 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted By: His child

If another post is selected and elected, what then?

Daryl smile

Re: Pope Benedict to Resign [Re: Daryl] #150601
03/10/13 05:11 PM
03/10/13 05:11 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Still looking for an answer to my question.
Originally Posted By: Daryl
Originally Posted By: His child

If another post is selected and elected, what then?

Daryl smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!