HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 3 invisible), 3,062 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: APL] #150763
03/15/13 01:06 AM
03/15/13 01:06 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: APL
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
"...The teaching of this parable is illustrated in God’s own dealing with men and angels. Satan is a deceiver. When he sinned in heaven, even the loyal angels did not fully discern his character. This was why God did not at once destroy Satan. Had He done so, the holy angels would not have perceived the justice and love of God. A doubt of God’s goodness would have been as evil seed that would yield the bitter fruit of sin and woe. Therefore the author of evil was spared, fully to develop his character. Through long ages God has borne the anguish of beholding the work of evil, He has given the infinite Gift of Calvary, rather than leave any to be deceived by the misrepresentations of the wicked one; for the tares could not be plucked up without danger of uprooting the precious grain. And shall we not be as forbearing toward our fellow men as the Lord of heaven and earth is toward Satan? {COL 72.2}
The Saviour does not point forward to a time when all the tares become wheat. The wheat and tares grow together until the harvest, the end of the world. Then the tares are bound in bundles to be burned, and the wheat is gathered into the garner of God. “Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father.” Then “the Son of man shall send forth His angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire; there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.” {COL 75.1}

Isaiah 33:14-15 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness has surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings? 15 He that walks righteously, and speaks uprightly; he that despises the gain of oppressions, that shakes his hands from holding of bribes, that stops his ears from hearing of blood, and shuts his eyes from seeing evil;

The fire is the same. The righteous can live in it, the sinners are destroyed by it. Same fire! Sin destroys the sinner.

You can't see the forest for the tree in your eye brother.

Are you saying that the righteous fire of God which destroys the sinner is a result of sin? Do you not see you error or are you doing this to be controversial?

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: APL] #150765
03/15/13 10:12 AM
03/15/13 10:12 AM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland

People, change your mind and believe the Good News! Mark 1:14-15.

How will the Gospel reach a prejudiced mind?

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: Johann] #150767
03/15/13 01:35 PM
03/15/13 01:35 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Johann

People, change your mind and believe the Good News! Mark 1:14-15.

How will the Gospel reach a prejudiced mind?
Our job as "evangelists", tellers of GOOD NEWS, is to present the truth. We can never change another's mind. "None but He who created man can effect a change in the human heart."

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: jamesonofthunder] #150768
03/15/13 01:46 PM
03/15/13 01:46 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
You can't see the forest for the tree in your eye brother.

Are you saying that the righteous fire of God which destroys the sinner is a result of sin? Do you not see you error or are you doing this to be controversial?
james - PLEASE, point out where I say what you have just said. PLEASE! Can you? No. Read what EGW has said in the quotes, the answer is very clear.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: jamesonofthunder] #150769
03/15/13 03:14 PM
03/15/13 03:14 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: kland
So which is it? Is God the destroyer or the restorer?

If we do not permit God to restore us, He reluctantly destroys us so there will be harmony throughout His creation.

Are you saying God is both?

Do you disagree with Ellen White when she says, Satan is the destroyer; the Lord is the Restorer?

Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: kland] #150771
03/15/13 06:19 PM
03/15/13 06:19 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
I'm copying this over from the other thread where it was off-topic, to hopefully continue the discussion here instead.

Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
kland,

Mrs. White says Jesus accuses. She also says He is not the accuser of the brethren. Which is right?

Only mature minds can understand these things.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Quote:
They have had the privilege of listening to the truths of God’s word, of becoming acquainted with the reasons of our faith; but they have grown to mature years destitute of true piety. {CE 185.2}

Who has a mature mind? What is the work of the Holy Spirit?

If you have a mature mind, you should readily understand the distinction between "Jesus accuses" and "the accuser of the brethren." If you are also gifted with the ability of explanation, you should be able to teach someone else the distinction.

The fact is, we have it said of Jesus that He accuses. We also have it said of Satan that he is the accuser. If Mrs. White has not contradicted herself, which I accept that she has not, then there must be a reasonable explanation for the apparent incongruence. The immature mind will not likely get properly past the incongruence, but will choose to reject one of the two facts altogether, and find some way of rationalizing it away. It takes a mature mind to carefully examine the evidence and see how the two seemingly opposing facts are actually in harmony.

I would challenge the thinking of those participating in this thread for their own explanations of this "problem" case. If you can properly explain these facts, then we can move up a step to the case of "the destroyer" versus "destroying" that is so emotionally charged as to be impossible to correctly discern at present in this discussion.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: Green Cochoa] #150775
03/15/13 09:25 PM
03/15/13 09:25 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
I'm copying this over from the other thread where it was off-topic, to hopefully continue the discussion here instead.

kland,

Mrs. White says Jesus accuses. She also says He is not the accuser of the brethren. Which is right?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Quote:
They have had the privilege of listening to the truths of God’s word, of becoming acquainted with the reasons of our faith; but they have grown to mature years destitute of true piety. {CE 185.2}

If you have a mature mind, you should readily understand the distinction between "Jesus accuses" and "the accuser of the brethren." If you are also gifted with the ability of explanation, you should be able to teach someone else the distinction.

The fact is, we have it said of Jesus that He accuses. We also have it said of Satan that he is the accuser. If Mrs. White has not contradicted herself, which I accept that she has not, then there must be a reasonable explanation for the apparent incongruence. The immature mind will not likely get properly past the incongruence, but will choose to reject one of the two facts altogether, and find some way of rationalizing it away. It takes a mature mind to carefully examine the evidence and see how the two seemingly opposing facts are actually in harmony.

I would challenge the thinking of those participating in this thread for their own explanations of this "problem" case. If you can properly explain these facts, then we can move up a step to the case of "the destroyer" versus "destroying" that is so emotionally charged as to be impossible to correctly discern at present in this discussion.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

I have found only one place where Ellen uses the expression "Jesus accuses". Would you say that she is using the term in the same meaning as we have been discussing?

[quote]While they were so exact in things which God had never required of them, and were confusing their judgment and lessening the dignity of the divine system of benevolence by their narrow views, they were making clean the outside of the platter while the inside was corrupt. Exact in matters of little consequence, Jesus accuses them of having “omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith.” No outward service, even in that which is required by God, can be a substitute for an obedient life. The Creator desires heart service of his creatures. {3SP 63.1}

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: Green Cochoa] #150776
03/15/13 09:35 PM
03/15/13 09:35 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA

kland,

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Quote:

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.
You obviously brought over just a snippet of what ever thread you are speaking about. Perhaps you can address the questions raised on this thread? I think this post above is a dodge because you do not have an answer. The only place I see EGW saying Jesus accuses is about those that SHOULD know the law, but do not. Of course, this is a far cry from actually destroying... If you really want to see how God accuses, look at the story of the woman taken in adultery.

Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: APL] #150777
03/15/13 10:23 PM
03/15/13 10:23 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA

Last edited by APL; 03/15/13 10:37 PM.

Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: APL] #150780
03/15/13 10:52 PM
03/15/13 10:52 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
This use of propaganda from sinners perspective does not support you testimony APL.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!