HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,636
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 7
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (TheophilusOne, dedication, Karen Y, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,421 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: APL] #150781
03/15/13 10:53 PM
03/15/13 10:53 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
All of you tell me, where does the fire come from that destroys sin?

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: APL] #150794
03/16/13 01:38 PM
03/16/13 01:38 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
There are multiple places in inspiration where Jesus destroys.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
Jesus came to "destroy the works of the devil." "In Him was life," and He says, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." He is "a quickening spirit." 1 John 3:8; John 1:4; 10:10; 1 Corinthians 15:45. And He still has the same life-giving power as when on earth He healed the sick, and spoke forgiveness to the sinner. He "forgiveth all thine iniquities," He "healeth all thy diseases." Psalm 103:3. {DA 270.2}

Apparently, Jesus came to destroy! (And Satan knew this.)

Jesus in the synagogue spoke of the kingdom He had come to establish, and of His mission to set free the captives of Satan. He was interrupted by a shriek of terror. A madman rushed forward from among the people, crying out, "Let us alone; what have we to do with Thee, Thou Jesus of Nazareth? art Thou come to destroy us? I know Thee who Thou art; the Holy One of God." {DA 255.2}

Mrs. White commends Luther in speaking Bible truth in the following statement.

To a crowded assembly he spoke from the words of Christ, "Peace be unto you." "Philosophers, doctors, and writers," he said, "have endeavored to teach men the way to obtain everlasting life, and they have not succeeded. I will now tell it to you." "God has raised one Man from the dead, the Lord Jesus Christ, that he might destroy death, expiate sin, and shut the gates of hell. This is the work of salvation. Christ has vanquished! This is the joyful news! And we are saved by his work, and not by our own. . . . Our Lord Jesus Christ said, "Peace be unto you! behold my hands""that is to say, Behold, O man! it is I, I alone, who have taken away thy sins, and ransomed thee; and now thou hast peace, saith the Lord." {GC88 152.2}

So we have Jesus coming to earth to destroy the devil, and He will destroy death. Then we have Mrs. White interpreting Jesus' own words to say that God will ultimately destroy sinners...

The rabbis had a saying that there is rejoicing in heaven when those who have sinned against God are destroyed. But I tell you, said Jesus, that to God the work of destruction is a strange work. That in which all heaven delights is the restoration to God's own image, of the souls whom he has made. {GCB, December 1, 1895 par. 15}

The rabbis had a saying that there is rejoicing in heaven when one who has sinned against God is destroyed; but Jesus taught that to God the work of destruction is a strange work. That in which all heaven delights is the restoration of God's own image in the souls whom He has made. {COL 190.1}

Destruction is God's "strange work." Mrs. White makes multiple references to this.

God "delighteth in mercy." "As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked." Micah 7:18; Ezekiel 33:11. To Him the work of destruction and the denunciation of judgment is a "strange work." Isaiah 28:21. But it is in mercy and love that He lifts the veil from the future, and reveals to men the results of a course of sin. {DA 582.3}

God's judgments will be visited upon those who are seeking to oppress and destroy his people. His long forbearance with the wicked emboldens men in transgression, but their punishment is none the less certain and terrible because it is long delayed. "The Lord shall rise up as in Mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon, that he may do his work, his strange work; and bring to pass his act, his strange act." [Isaiah 28:21.] To our merciful God the act of punishment is a strange act. "As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked," [Ezekiel 33:11.] The Lord is "merciful and gracious, long-suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth," "forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin." Yet he will "by no means clear the guilty." "The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked." [Exodus 34:6, 7; Nahum 1:3.] By terrible things in righteousness he will vindicate the authority of his downtrodden law. The severity of the retribution awaiting the transgressor may be judged by the Lord's reluctance to execute justice. The nation with which he bears long, and which he will not smite until it has filled up the measure of its iniquity in God's account, will finally drink the cup of wrath unmixed with mercy. {GC88 627.1}

But the fact that Jesus sometimes "destroys" does not make Him the "destroyer." God does not delight in the destruction of the wicked. He takes no pleasure in their death.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: Green Cochoa] #150799
03/16/13 06:53 PM
03/16/13 06:53 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Exactly, if we reject His mission of mercy when He took the righteous punishment that we deserve, we are destroying ourselves.

I love to see it this way. God gave the world a warning through Noah and said a flood was coming.

He told everyone, "I am going to destroy the earth with a flood".

Those who rejected His warning destroyed themselves, but it was till God who sent the flood.

This is the perfect analogy of the Mission of Christ, and as it was in the days of Noah....

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: jamesonofthunder] #150800
03/16/13 06:58 PM
03/16/13 06:58 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
What about in the case of the death of all of the firstborn of Egypt?

Were they given the option of placing blood on the door posts as were the firstborn of Israel?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: Daryl] #150801
03/16/13 07:00 PM
03/16/13 07:00 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Also, it is more like "Love Me and I'll save you" then it is "Love Me or I'll kill you".

Daryl smile

Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: Daryl] #150804
03/16/13 08:07 PM
03/16/13 08:07 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Exactly, the Egyptians had so many signs before it happened.

First the fulfillment of prophecy came to them through Moses being delivered directly into the house of Pharaoh, raised as a son in their household.

When his message of mercy was rejected, God sent the plagues, and when the last plague was about to come and everyone who loved God were placing blood on their door posts, they could have joined them, even if halfheartedly, but they were afraid of their peers or the wrath of Pharaoh so their first born were killed by the angel of God. But even then, after their sons were killed they could have repented and followed, but their hearts were hardened and the pursued God's people to kill them and they were swallowed up by the Red Sea.

How much more could God have done for them to keep them from His wrath? God destroys those who harden their hearts to Him because it keeps His truly devoted safe from them.

Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: jamesonofthunder] #150812
03/16/13 10:55 PM
03/16/13 10:55 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
***** Inappropriate Content Removed *****

Last edited by Daryl; 03/17/13 01:46 AM. Reason: Inappropriate content removed.

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: JAK] #150814
03/16/13 11:15 PM
03/16/13 11:15 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I wouldn't be so judgmental and condescending of those who claim to hear the Still Small Voice if I were you "brother".

"It is impossible for the soul to flourish while prayer is not a special exercise of the mind. Family or public prayer alone is not sufficient. Secret prayer is very important; in solitude the soul is laid bare to the inspecting eye of God, and every motive is scrutinized. Secret prayer! How precious! The soul communing with God! Secret prayer is to be heard only by the prayer-hearing God. No curious ear is to receive the burden of such petitions. In secret prayer the soul is free from surrounding influences, free from excitement. Calmly, yet fervently, will it reach out after God. Secret prayer is frequently perverted, and its sweet designs lost, by loud vocal prayer. Instead of the calm, quiet trust and faith in God, the soul drawn out in low, humble tones, the voice is raised to a loud pitch, and excitement is encouraged, and secret prayer loses its softening, sacred influence. There is a storm of feeling, a storm of words, making it impossible to discern the still, small voice that speaks to the soul while engaged in its secret, true, heartfelt devotion. Secret prayer, properly carried out, is productive of great good. But prayer which is made public to the entire family and neighborhood is not secret prayer, even though thought to be, and divine strength is not received from it. Sweet and abiding will be the influence emanating from Him who seeth in secret, whose ear is open to answer the prayer arising from the heart. By calm, simple faith the soul holds communion with God and gathers to itself divine rays of light to strengthen and sustain it to endure the conflicts of Satan. God is our tower of strength."—(Testimonies for the Church 2:189, 190.) {Pr 178.1}

"It is not always the most learned presentation of God’s truth that convicts and converts the soul. Not by eloquence or logic are men’s hearts reached, but by the sweet influences of the Holy Spirit, which operate quietly yet surely in transforming and developing character. It is the still, small voice of the Spirit of God that has power to change the heart". {PK 169.1}

I would gather by these statements, that anyone not hearing the Still Small Voice are the full of themselves and do not receive the things that God would have for them. So you want to make fun of someone who IS hearing God's voice?

This voice is how I am shown and can discern others who are truly devoted to God, and those who speak to be heard themselves. Do you want to know what He tells me about you?

Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: jamesonofthunder] #150823
03/17/13 01:48 AM
03/17/13 01:48 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Even though I removed the inappropriate content from that post, I am allowing the response by JSOT to that post to remain as is, only because it was an acceptable response.

Daryl smile

Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: jamesonofthunder] #150829
03/17/13 02:59 AM
03/17/13 02:59 AM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
I wouldn't be so judgmental and condescending of those who claim to hear the Still Small Voice if I were you "brother"... Do you want to know what He tells me about you?
What, Daryl? And this IS appropriate content? dunno

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!