HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,609
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (Kevin H, Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 3,092 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: APL] #150979
03/20/13 06:07 AM
03/20/13 06:07 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: APL
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
APL,

You believe that God does not kill.
You also believe that God has commanded killing. (Unless you don't believe the Bible and Ellen White.)

Therefore, it follows that you must believe that God commands others to do what He will not do Himself, thereby making Him out to be a hypocrite.

I do not share your view of God.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.
Did God give rules for divorce? Is that what he wanted? Why wad David prevented from building the temple? What was Moses' great sin? Yet God worked them them leading them step by step. This is very revealing of the character of God also.

I do not share your concept of sin. It is much worst than you make it out to be.

Let everyone be persuaded in their own mind.

I see that you did not disagree with me that to your view, God is a hypocrite.

I would agree, this would make sin much worse in your view than I hold in mine. I do not believe God is subject to such sin as you hold. If sin is so rampant that even God must be a hypocrite, then sin is tremendously terrible indeed.

Thankfully, I believe Christ lived a perfect life, with not so much as a taint of sin upon His character. And I do not believe God is a hypocrite, for He holds us to the same standard as for Himself. After all, Jesus said "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect."

When Jesus commands, we can trust that it is not a sin to follow His command. To your view, Jesus commanded sin. To my view, He commanded only righteous acts.

Indeed, sin is more terrible in your view. I'm thankful to know the truth about God, that God is perfect and just and good, and in Him is no guile.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: APL] #150980
03/20/13 06:21 AM
03/20/13 06:21 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
To everyone on the other side the issue, who have stated they know for a fact they are right, how many of these quotes did you skip over while your conscience was seared to find the quotes you were looking for?

All you have to do is type in 'God destroys' in the EGW library and see how wrong you are, but when you do this those quotes disappear?

Face it, your view makes God is THE ultimate destroyer. Sin is not the cause of destruction, God is. EGW is wrong, for God will destroy many men.

God sent the serpents to bite the children. But did He? How?
God slew Saul. But did He? How?
God destroyed Jerusalem. But did He? How?

When a house fire burns a home until all inside is blackened by soot, watered by the firemen's hoses, and weakened by the heat--to the point that there is nothing salvageable, only a husk of a frame where once stood something grand, what must the homeowner do?

He must raze it.

How was the home destroyed? Who did it? The arsonist or the homeowner?

I think you would agree with me that the arsonist destroyed the home.

This is the same thing that happens with God. Satan destroys the soul temple via his enticements and entanglements with sin. Sin guts the house till nothing is left to salvage. When God can no longer save, He must destroy that which remains to clean up the property. The real destruction was that of Satan and of sin. God must then clean up the remaining mess, and in such a way as to help all realize the foolishness of allowing sin to rein. One thing is certain, it would be foolish to leave it to "sin" to clean its own mess! I could only make a bigger mess.

Satan is definitely the destroyer. God is not the destroyer. But God must destroy that which remains of the mess in order to make a fresh start and a clean haven for those who remain.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: jamesonofthunder] #150982
03/20/13 01:11 PM
03/20/13 01:11 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Brother GC, no amount of debate will change his mind until He sees it for himself at the second coming.

Shame on the pastor who teaches this lie though, shame.How many have been corrupted in their understanding of righteousness by such?

I see you are avoiding facing what you must concerning your deeply held beliefs about God. Either you are correct or incorrect. Suppose you are incorrect about God, but you are saved, come to face Him, and find out indeed He does not kill. Will you be either disappointed or in fear? Then suppose I am incorrect about God, but I am saved, come to face Him, and find out indeed He does kill. Will I be disappointed or in fear?

Do you "like" God? Would you enjoy having lunch with Him if you believed that if you crossed a line, He would kill you?

What about your wife? If she believed you would kill her if she crossed you once too many times, do you think she could really love you?

APL listed the attributes of love.

Do you believe God is love?

Or, do you believe God is love, but...         (not really)?

Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: Green Cochoa] #150989
03/20/13 07:05 PM
03/20/13 07:05 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Green, check this one out. Deuteronomy 23:3 An Ammonite or Moabite shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to their tenth generation shall they not enter into the congregation of the LORD for ever:. But then, not even 10 generations later, we have the events of the Book of Ruth! Who gave the rule in Deuteronomy 23? Why was it given? Why then Ruth? Please, explain!

Please feel free to go ahead and let us all know how this connects to this topic, for I don't see any connection.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.
I'm not surprised. Who gave the command in Deuteronomy 23:3? Why was the command given? What happened not more that 10 generations later? What is the real truth?

Just as the commands for marriage in the beginning, and the laws of divorce. What is divorce? Answer: adultery, plain and simple. Does God WANT to divorce? He HATES divorce. Why the rules for divorce? Because of the hardness of the people, His chosen people, the people that are to bring the GOSPEL to the world. Why circumcision? IT was to be a sign. The people broke the covenant. Why all the laws that God gave besides the 10C. If everyone kept the 10C, the law of liberty, we would not need any of these laws. There would have been no need for circumcision, the people would not have ended up in Egypt, the Sinai experiences would not have been needed, etc. Speaking of Sinai, God condescended to come down and give His law. And immediately the people broke the covenant He has plan, for them to be His people, and He would be there God. The people were afraid, and Moses knew there was no need to be afraid. But the people continued to not understand His character.

The statutes and judgments given of God were good for the obedient. "They should live in them." But they were not good for the transgressor; for in the civil law given to Moses, punishment was to be inflicted on the transgressor, that others should be restrained by fear. Is that really what God wants? "The inhabitants of heaven and of other worlds, being unprepared to comprehend the nature or consequences of sin, could not then have seen the justice and mercy of God in the destruction of Satan. Had he been immediately blotted from existence, they would have served God from fear rather than from love." {GC 498.3} Fear is not what God wants. The nature and consequences of sin is death and destruction, but not externally applied by God. It is intrinsic to sin! Yes, it a long painful process that God has embarked on in trying to bring a people that would fully represent His character. Israel failed. Are we also going to fail?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: kland] #151006
03/21/13 11:45 AM
03/21/13 11:45 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: kland
Brother GC, no amount of debate will change his mind until He sees it for himself at the second coming.

Shame on the pastor who teaches this lie though, shame.How many have been corrupted in their understanding of righteousness by such?

I see you are avoiding facing what you must concerning your deeply held beliefs about God. Either you are correct or incorrect. Suppose you are incorrect about God, but you are saved, come to face Him, and find out indeed He does not kill. Will you be either disappointed or in fear? Then suppose I am incorrect about God, but I am saved, come to face Him, and find out indeed He does kill. Will I be disappointed or in fear?

Do you "like" God? Would you enjoy having lunch with Him if you believed that if you crossed a line, He would kill you?

What about your wife? If she believed you would kill her if she crossed you once too many times, do you think she could really love you?

APL listed the attributes of love.

Do you believe God is love?

Or, do you believe God is love, but...         (not really)?

Kland, have you read what I was shown about the Red Heifer?

http://redheifersbloodysweat.blogspot.com/2011/12/red-heifer.html

If you had seen what I saw Jesus go through in the Garden of Gethsemane, you would know why.

Jesus suffered the wrath of the Father for us. It was not pretty. Blood was squeezed out of every pore of his body like being at the bottom of the deepest ocean in the belly of the great fish.

Have you ever heard of what God told Mrs White would happen if she didn't share the messages in the same light as God revealed them to her? She was afraid of the public stigma and watered down what God showed her, and He gave her a vision of what would happen to her if she did not repent.

"It was a great cross for me to relate to the erring what had been shown me concerning them. It caused me great distress to see others troubled or grieved. And when obliged to declare the messages, I would often soften them down, and make them appear as favorable for the individual as I could, and then would go by myself and weep in agony of spirit...
I did not realize that I was unfaithful in thus questioning and doubting, and did not see the danger and sin of such a course, until in vision I was taken into the presence of Jesus. He looked upon me with a frown, and turned His face from me. It is not possible to describe the terror and agony I then felt. I fell upon my face before Him, but had no power to utter a word. Oh, how I longed to be covered and hid from that dreadful frown! Then could I realize, in some degree, what the feelings of the lost will be when they cry to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us, and hide us from the face of Him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb.” Revelation 6:16. {CET 79.1}
Presently an angel bade me rise, and the sight that met my eyes can hardly be described. Before me was a company whose hair and garments were torn, and whose countenances were the very picture of despair and horror. They came close to me, and rubbed their garments upon mine. As I looked at my garments, I saw that they were stained with blood. Again I fell like one dead, at the feet of my accompanying angel. I could not plead one excuse, and longed to be away from that holy place. {CET 79.2}
The angel raised me to my feet, and said: “This is not your case now, but this scene has passed before you to let you know what your situation must be if you neglect to declare to others what the Lord has revealed to you. But if you are faithful to the end, you shall eat of the tree of life, and shall drink of the river of the water of life. You will have to suffer much, but the grace of God is sufficient.” {CET 79.3}
I then felt willing to do all that the Lord might require me to do, that I might have His approbation, and not feel His dreadful frown." {CET 80.1}

This is very similar to how I felt seeing Jesus go through that in the Garden for all of my sins, then He carried them to the cross to die with my sins so He could place them on Satans head.

In this vision Mrs White was seeing others in the second resurrection who would be in hell because she did not share the message in strength. THEY WERE SWEATING BLOOD because of the frown of God.

To know what I have seen is the beginning of wisdom because our souls are in the hands of our creator. This IS the fear of the LORD!

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: jamesonofthunder] #151014
03/21/13 05:20 PM
03/21/13 05:20 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
By the time we get to have 'lunch' with God, every sin has been purged from our souls through witnessing His mercy through His Son.

If we reject that mercy we are lost and receive the wrath, plain and simple.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: jamesonofthunder] #151024
03/21/13 10:03 PM
03/21/13 10:03 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland

If we reject that mercy we are lost and receive the wrath, plain and simple.
So in summary, I hear you saying that for those who do not love God, He will intentionally kill them, plain and simple.

I guess there's been some who have not been very nice to you about your prophecies. Won't it only be fair and right for God to make them pay for what they've done to you? Then you'll be on the favored side and they won't.

Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: kland] #151033
03/22/13 09:45 AM
03/22/13 09:45 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Micha 5:10 And in that day, declares the Lord,
I will cut off your horses from among you
and will destroy your chariots;
11 and I will cut off the cities of your land
and throw down all your strongholds;
12 and I will cut off sorceries from your hand,
and you shall have no more tellers of fortunes;
13 and I will cut off your carved images
and your pillars from among you,
and you shall bow down no more
to the work of your hands;
14 and I will root out your Asherah images from among you
and destroy your cities.
15 And in anger and wrath I will execute vengeance
on the nations that did not obey

Kland you obviously have a problem with the word of God not with me. I just cannot believe that others on this website are listening to you without objecting vehemently on how you misrepresent scripture to supply your own ideas. And the fact that you have a retired pastor defending your false doctrines is just bone chilling to me.

Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: jamesonofthunder] #151034
03/22/13 09:48 AM
03/22/13 09:48 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Genesis 6:5 The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. 7 So the Lord said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.”

Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: jamesonofthunder] #151035
03/22/13 09:49 AM
03/22/13 09:49 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Genesis 6:17

For behold, I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life under heaven. Everything that is on the earth shall die.

Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!