HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,612
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,989 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: jamesonofthunder] #151096
03/23/13 02:02 AM
03/23/13 02:02 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
He does not delight in the death of the wicked unless they have hardened their hearts and leading others to hell in their teachings.
You did not understand. You gave a nice little list of the good things you have claimed to have done. Will they save you? Do they prove anything? Read verses 24-26. Have you ever in your postings be rude? Have you ever been impatient? Obnoxious? Claimed to have been wrongly accused? Are you easily provoked? Ever thought evil of anyone? Can you bear all things, even when you think you are being heckled? Do you endure all things? ??? No? Yes? If yes, what might that be telling you? If no, then you are a saint!

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: APL] #151102
03/23/13 03:15 AM
03/23/13 03:15 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
The way you consistently overlook the possibility that you are wrong and attack my character, do you think it's possible it is you who are being impatient and unkind? The fact that you were the one who attacked my beliefs then say it was me who attacked you should give you pause to reflect, but instead you attack, does this not say something about the matter?

I have yet to see one post where you admit your error when it is consistently proven, yet you will not concede. Does this not speak volumes towards what you want to accuse me of? How many times on these pages have I apologized and conceded my error? Does this not speak towards my comprehending that I am not perfect?

So if you want to get in my face about my character yet the evidence is against you, what do you have to say to this?

Are you one of those people who would say, "Oh those pore children, shame on Elisha for calling on a bear to kill them just because they called him "baldy", he must not have had God in his heart". Elisha did that under the power of the Holy Spirit.

You think you are above reproach, yet this is what you accuse me of when the evidence is contrary to that. And you will not concede. This is what is shown about you. I did not come against you with this right away, it took me months to get to this point and yet you accuse me of being impatient.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: APL] #151103
03/23/13 03:30 AM
03/23/13 03:30 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: jsot
You guys keep quoting things that are relative to salvation and have nothing to do with judgment which proves a lack of judgment on your part.
Perhaps I should refresh your memory?

Judgments Come When God Removes His Protection

I was shown that the judgments of God would not come directly out from the Lord upon them, but in this way: They place themselves beyond His protection. He warns, corrects, reproves, and points out the only path of safety; then, if those who have been the objects of His special care will follow their own course, independent of the Spirit of God, after repeated warnings, if they choose their own way, then He does not commission His angels to prevent Satan's decided attacks upon them. {LDE 242.1}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: jamesonofthunder] #151104
03/23/13 03:38 AM
03/23/13 03:38 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
The way you consistently overlook the possibility that you are wrong and attack my character, do you think it's possible it is you who are being impatient and unkind? The fact that you were the one who attacked my beliefs then say it was me who attacked you should give you pause to reflect, but instead you attack, does this not say something about the matter?

I have yet to see one post where you admit your error when it is consistently proven, yet you will not concede. Does this not speak volumes towards what you want to accuse me of? How many times on these pages have I apologized and conceded my error? Does this not speak towards my comprehending that I am not perfect?

So if you want to get in my face about my character yet the evidence is against you, what do you have to say to this?

Are you one of those people who would say, "Oh those pore children, shame on Elisha for calling on a bear to kill them just because they called him "baldy", he must not have had God in his heart". Elisha did that under the power of the Holy Spirit.

You think you are above reproach, yet this is what you accuse me of when the evidence is contrary to that. And you will not concede. This is what is shown about you. I did not come against you with this right away, it took me months to get to this point and yet you accuse me of being impatient.

I quote again:
 There can be no more conclusive evidence that we possess the spirit of Satan than the disposition to hurt and destroy those who do not appreciate our work, or who act contrary to our ideas. {DA 487.3}

Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: APL] #151105
03/23/13 05:05 AM
03/23/13 05:05 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I guess I am cursed and possess the spirit of Satan according to you. The evidence that I am cursed must be in the fact that so many blessings come to others that I have prayed for and myself in answer to prayer.

The men who are hateful to me leave the church and prove themselves over and over, but I am the one Satan is in?

I can attest that there is no more blessed man than I for the things God has given in answer to prayer. How did you find the Sabbath? Or have you? God led me directly to it in answer to prayer and He teaches me things without any man interfering and proves them to my heart and others and I am possessed?

Have you seen my wonderful wife? There is none more virtuous. A true believer, a virgin till she married me at age 40, and the most beautiful woman I have seen in both body and soul and I am cursed? She wakes early to make my home and never complains for anything. She makes more money than I do and is the most studious Christian. Every one of my friends envies me, almost to the point of crossing the line and they all say "how did you win her heart?" And I am cursed?

How is your home life brother?

I lay down and the Holy Spirit asks me, "what would you have of me?" in my heart, so no one else can hear, and everything I ask for others and myself comes to pass within days, including being given a home paid for, and a wife, completely out of debt and health for my ailing father and blessings on my wayward brother, but I must be filled with the spirit of Satan because you, a man I have never met says so correct?

I am permitted to boast in the wonderful blessings my God has given me in answer to prayer.

I will pray for you, because you need it brother.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: jamesonofthunder] #151107
03/23/13 06:22 AM
03/23/13 06:22 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
JSOT,

God does not ever take satisfaction or joy in the death of the wicked. They have all hardened their hearts, and all people have an influence upon those around them, so those who do wickedly lead others toward hell. But it doesn't matter how bad or how wicked a person may have been, God will not delight in the sinner's death.

APL,

The issue I see with your view on this topic basically comes down to a fallacy of reasoning called generalization. You have defined "killing" as "evil" in such a way as to assume that all killing is evil.

Let's use an example that I think Arnold once posted, though I'm certain to phrase it somewhat differently. Let's say that since cutting someone's flesh with a knife causes a great deal of pain, all such cutting is intrinsically "evil." This means that anyone who cuts human flesh is "evil." This would necessarily include the mortician (even though the human is now dead), and the surgeon (even though the surgery was a life-saving measure). By over-generalizing to say that ALL cutting is "evil," we have falsely categorized certain persons and occupations as "evil."

This is what some people are doing with God in this area. They presume to think first that all killing is evil, therefore, God cannot kill. The real question in this logical sequence begins with whether or not all killing is truly evil, or is it only evil in abusive cases where proper laws were not followed.

God Himself gave commandments that men should be killed for certain crimes. If God is not evil, we must accept that these commandments were not evil, but righteous. If commandments to kill are righteous, then following the commandment must also be righteous and good. In other words, killing according to the commandment could not be counted as "evil." It would be a righteous act.

It boils down to this: either God Himself is evil, or killing is not always evil. From this key question emerges the possibility, indeed the assumption, that God may kill in righteousness.

If God kills in righteousness, it is not with the evil motivations with which we are so well acquainted as sinners. God can kill with perfect justice, righteousness and mercy blended together.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: jamesonofthunder] #151108
03/23/13 07:16 AM
03/23/13 07:16 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
I guess I am cursed and possess the spirit of Satan according to you. The evidence that I am cursed must be in the fact that so many blessings come to others that I have prayed for and myself in answer to prayer.

The men who are hateful to me leave the church and prove themselves over and over, but I am the one Satan is in?

I can attest that there is no more blessed man than I for the things God has given in answer to prayer. How did you find the Sabbath? Or have you? God led me directly to it in answer to prayer and He teaches me things without any man interfering and proves them to my heart and others and I am possessed?

Have you seen my wonderful wife? There is none more virtuous. A true believer, a virgin till she married me at age 40, and the most beautiful woman I have seen in both body and soul and I am cursed? She wakes early to make my home and never complains for anything. She makes more money than I do and is the most studious Christian. Every one of my friends envies me, almost to the point of crossing the line and they all say "how did you win her heart?" And I am cursed?

How is your home life brother?

I lay down and the Holy Spirit asks me, "what would you have of me?" in my heart, so no one else can hear, and everything I ask for others and myself comes to pass within days, including being given a home paid for, and a wife, completely out of debt and health for my ailing father and blessings on my wayward brother, but I must be filled with the spirit of Satan because you, a man I have never met says so correct?

I am permitted to boast in the wonderful blessings my God has given me in answer to prayer.

I will pray for you, because you need it brother.
What is your wife was taken away. YOur family kidnapped, raped or murdered? What is all your possessions were destroyed. What is you became ill, near death in misery? Would you still trust God? I'm using the book of Job as a lesson book. Did God "cause" all these things? WHO caused all the chaos in Job's life? Satan. What does the Bible say? Job 2:3 And the LORD said to Satan, Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that fears God, and eschews evil? and still he holds fast his integrity, although you moved me against him, to destroy him without cause. Did God destroy Job? HOW?

You don't know me. That's probably good! You make many accusations, all with out knowledge. It is good for suggesting doubt, but it has no truth. IF I told you my life and expiriences, would you even believe? I have evidence that you would. This I will say: Jeremiah 9:23-24 Thus said the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: 24 But let him that glories glory in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD which exercise loving kindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, said the LORD.

Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: Green Cochoa] #151110
03/23/13 07:56 AM
03/23/13 07:56 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
APL,

The issue I see with your view on this topic basically comes down to a fallacy of reasoning called generalization. You have defined "killing" as "evil" in such a way as to assume that all killing is evil.

Let's use an example that I think Arnold once posted, though I'm certain to phrase it somewhat differently. Let's say that since cutting someone's flesh with a knife causes a great deal of pain, all such cutting is intrinsically "evil." This means that anyone who cuts human flesh is "evil." This would necessarily include the mortician (even though the human is now dead), and the surgeon (even though the surgery was a life-saving measure). By over-generalizing to say that ALL cutting is "evil," we have falsely categorized certain persons and occupations as "evil."

This is what some people are doing with God in this area. They presume to think first that all killing is evil, therefore, God cannot kill. The real question in this logical sequence begins with whether or not all killing is truly evil, or is it only evil in abusive cases where proper laws were not followed.

God Himself gave commandments that men should be killed for certain crimes. If God is not evil, we must accept that these commandments were not evil, but righteous. If commandments to kill are righteous, then following the commandment must also be righteous and good. In other words, killing according to the commandment could not be counted as "evil." It would be a righteous act.

It boils down to this: either God Himself is evil, or killing is not always evil. From this key question emerges the possibility, indeed the assumption, that God may kill in righteousness.

If God kills in righteousness, it is not with the evil motivations with which we are so well acquainted as sinners. God can kill with perfect justice, righteousness and mercy blended together.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.
Green - who is blind? Me or you? Sexual immorality, is it better or worse than killing? (ref: Matthew 5:19) Is not divorce against God's law? Yes or no? Did God give laws of divorce? He did! Therefore, divorce is a righteous act. Did God want Israel to fight their way into Canaan? No. When the people refused to follow God, did he give them rules of engagement? He did. There for these rules are righteous? Even in the hardness of our hearts, God meets us where we are. Did the people follow even these bad rules? No. What was the outcome? Israel was ruined.

It is funny that you use the example of cutting into flesh, because you have NO IDEA what I do nearly every day of my life. If you did, you would know how flat your example has fallen. Do note, there is a big different from cutting and removing, and killing.

I have given many examples of HOW God destroys. And the way He does, is that He no longer prevents the natural consequences of sin from happening. Sin is the problem, sin is the evil thing. Why is it evil? Because is destroys God's creation.

EGW: "The statutes and judgments given of God were good for the obedient. "They should live in them." But they were not good for the transgressor; for in the civil law given to Moses, punishment was to be inflicted on the transgressor, that others should be restrained by fear." {1SP 266.1}

There you have it! Being restrained by fear! THAT is really what God wants, you think? Well: "The inhabitants of heaven and of other worlds, being unprepared to comprehend the nature or consequences of sin, could not then have seen the justice and mercy of God in the destruction of Satan. Had he been immediately blotted from existence, they would have served God from fear rather than from love. {GC 498.3} So do we serve God from fear or love? Is we don't love Him, he will kill you!

Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: Green Cochoa] #151111
03/23/13 08:10 AM
03/23/13 08:10 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
JSOT,

God does not ever take satisfaction or joy in the death of the wicked. They have all hardened their hearts, and all people have an influence upon those around them, so those who do wickedly lead others toward hell. But it doesn't matter how bad or how wicked a person may have been, God will not delight in the sinner's death.

I do not wish to belabor this point because as I stated before I have always believed as you have presented the truth here, but I had never read this quote from scripture before why would God say this GC?;

Deuteronomy 28:63
"And as the Lord took delight in doing you good and multiplying you, so the Lord will take delight in bringing ruin upon you and destroying you."

I had never read that before but it makes a very strong point

Re: Love me or I'll kill you! [Re: jamesonofthunder] #151112
03/23/13 08:18 AM
03/23/13 08:18 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
There seems to be an added level of resentment towards the special people of God who rebel against Him.

"Then I was shown a company who were howling in agony. On their garments was written in large characters, “Thou art weighed in the balance, and found wanting.” I asked who this company were. The angel said, “These are they who have once kept the Sabbath and have given it up.” I heard them cry with a loud voice, “We have believed in Thy coming, and taught it with energy.” And while they were speaking, their eyes would fall upon their garments and see the writing, and then they would wail aloud. I saw that they had drunk of the deep waters, and fouled the residue with their feet—trodden the Sabbath underfoot—and that was why they were weighed in the balance and found wanting. {EW 36.2}

Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Daryl. 05/01/24 07:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!