HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,601
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,952 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #149805
02/18/13 04:55 PM
02/18/13 04:55 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
The unfallen worlds pray for us!!!

"All the treasures of the universe will be open to the study of God’s redeemed. Unfettered by mortality, they wing their tireless flight to worlds afar—worlds that thrilled with sorrow at the spectacle of human woe and rang with songs of gladness at the tidings of a ransomed soul. With unutterable delight the children of earth enter into the joy and the wisdom of unfallen beings. They share the treasures of knowledge and understanding gained through ages upon ages in contemplation of God’s handiwork. With undimmed vision they gaze upon the glory of creation—suns and stars and systems, all in their appointed order circling the throne of Deity. Upon all things, from the least to the greatest, the Creator’s name is written, and in all are the riches of His power displayed. {DD 62.2}

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #149807
02/18/13 05:32 PM
02/18/13 05:32 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
"the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people"

Like the Father of every family is the priest of their family so are the 24 Elders the elders of their race and they present the prayers of their people to the Father.

You have not shown WHY unfallen beings need to pray, when they have direct and constant access to God.

God created multiple Universes as a contingency plan to keep sin from contaminating or disrupting unfallen worlds.

Citation needed.

He created separate Universes to quarantine Evil from Good. The Garden of Eden is where all the universes come together so they can all eat from the tree of life.

Citation needed.

The theory of multiple Universes is so accepted in the world of Physics I'm surprised you have not read about it.

How do you know I haven't. "The theory of evolution is so accepted in the world of Science I'm surprised you have not read about it." Acceptance does not make it true.

The theory I am partial to is the "Bubble Universe" theory and I believe it is connected to the Wheel within a wheel vision of Ezekiel.

Explanation and citation needed. Perhaps you want to start a new thread on this topic.

The center would be where the New Jerusalem is in my imagination

"...in my imagination" is the operative phrase here.

It is important to define just where these universes are and how they relate to our universe.

BTW, the theory of "dark matter" has absolutely no basis in science.

Last edited by JAK; 02/18/13 05:34 PM.

"All that is Gold does not Glitter, Not all who Wander are Lost." (J.R.R.T.)
Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: JAK] #149808
02/18/13 06:53 PM
02/18/13 06:53 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
JAK,

If you have a question on things that I have claimed, do your own research. The bible doesn't say that a man sent with a message should have to do all your thinking for you.

I am sent with knowledge and understanding for God's purpose, now it is up to you to prove it or disprove it.

Your responsibility is to test the message in the standard of truth. Look it up, do some research. I keep falling for your ploys and even when the perfect answer comes you do not accept, so why listen? Is it more important for you to be heard over what God showed me? I

To know where you are in truth in this argument, go back and count how many posts you've had since you quoted scripture.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: JAK] #149810
02/18/13 07:21 PM
02/18/13 07:21 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: JAK

You have not shown WHY unfallen beings need to pray, when they have direct and constant access to God.

The unfallen worlds are still under probation until Satan is destroyed.

Demons still hang out at the tree of the knowledge of Good and evil and all of those people are still being tested.

Adam was created under probation thus the test of the tree.

The tree is still accessible to the unfallen worlds but they are horrified by what Satan did to the Son of God and will have nothing to do with the tree. Satan was effectually thrown out of heaven when he crucified Jesus, but the tree of the knowledge of good and evil has not dried up yet.

Do you get it?

Also, I never mentioned anything about dark matter and I also do not believe it is a valid scientific concept, but to a degree there is adaptive evolution so that whole science is not mute.

Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #149815
02/18/13 08:24 PM
02/18/13 08:24 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada

The unfallen worlds are still under probation until Satan is destroyed.

Citation needed.

Demons still hang out at the tree of the knowledge of Good and evil and all of those people are still being tested.

Citation needed.

Adam was created under probation thus the test of the tree.

Citation needed.

The tree is still accessible to the unfallen worlds but they are horrified by what Satan did to the Son of God and will have nothing to do with the tree. Satan was effectually thrown out of heaven when he crucified Jesus, but the tree of the knowledge of good and evil has not dried up yet.

Citation needed.

Do you get it?

"...in my imagination" is the operative phrase here.

Also, I never mentioned anything about dark matter and I also do not believe it is a valid scientific concept, but to a degree there is adaptive evolution so that whole science is not mute.

Ye err in that ye know not your science. Dark matter is an integral part of the Bubble Universe Theory. Check your own post.

Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: JAK] #149848
02/19/13 06:23 PM
02/19/13 06:23 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Brother JAK, I do love you, but you are obviously here to be a distraction, you could be harassing any number of people but you follow me around like you're stalking me and I am taking notes.

Above you asked for more citations. Read this and get a start on this knowledge, and if you have any faith the Spirit of Prophecy as from God, you will see.

Early Writings 39.3

"The Lord has given me a view of other worlds. Wings were given me, and an angel attended me from the city to a place that was bright and glorious. The grass of the place was living green, and the birds there warbled a sweet song. The inhabitants of the place were of all sizes; they were noble, majestic, and lovely. They bore the express image of Jesus, and their countenances beamed with holy joy, expressive of the freedom and happiness of the place. I asked one of them why they were so much more lovely than those on the earth. The reply was, “We have lived in strict obedience to the commandments of God, and have not fallen by disobedience, like those on the earth.” Then I saw two trees, one looked much like the tree of life in the city (It's the same one). The fruit of both looked beautiful, but of one they could not eat. They had power to eat of both, but were forbidden to eat of one. Then my attending angel said to me, “None in this place have tasted of the forbidden tree; but if they should eat, they would fall.

All of God's creation was born under probation. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is still there until the cleansing of earth when this universe is reconnected to God's all encompassing universe.

P.S. Just because they think dark mater is the motivation that makes a wheel within a wheel universe possible and are wrong does not mean the theory that describes the evidence is unusable.

Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #149854
02/19/13 11:43 PM
02/19/13 11:43 PM
J
JAK  Offline
FORMER-SDA
Active Member 2018
Banned
Canada
Sigh! One can only hope those notes are on how to structure an argument.

Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: JAK] #149867
02/20/13 02:09 AM
02/20/13 02:09 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
One would hope that if you are a Seventh Day Adventist you would already have this foundation in our faith established before you consider being a teacher, let alone structuring any kind of argument against it.

You remind me of the antagonistic College students I've met from our universities.

They are full of ideas but very little faith in the Spirit of Prophecy. They argue against our prophet like they are more enlightened, yet show very little compassion and are completely self serving, yet that is what they accuse me of. They find fault to separate, I am shown faults to heal. I do not like arguing, but my God hates when people come into His church and infer they know more than his prophet. They bring confusion not satisfaction in truth.

I know little of structuring an argument. I don't know how to develop a exegesis, and I don't know half of the garbage they teach at seminary, but I have been shown deep things in scripture and the Spirit of Prophecy which God taught me and continually enlightens to what it means and that's all I need in the name of Jesus amen.

This is my faith, and if you don't like using the Spirit of Prophecy to develop understanding in scripture then you are in the wrong church.

Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: dedication] #149890
02/20/13 10:25 PM
02/20/13 10:25 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: dedication
Originally Posted By: kland
The statement we have is, "those who lived in the days of Noah and Abraham were more like the angels in form, in comeliness and strength."

Are you talking about something else?

The reasoning goes thus:

The view of early Seventh-day Adventist writers concerning 24 elders was that they were among resurrected with Christ and were taken to heaven with Him at His ascension.

Since these resurrected ones included people who lived prior to Noah as well as in the time of Abraham these would be "more like the angels in form..."

So when EGW was SHOWN (visual vision) one of the elders explaining things to John, she discribed him as a "mighty angel" because that is what he looked like.
But how does that exclude those on other planets from looking even more like angels who have not been resurrected since they never sinned?

Re: Who Are The 24 Elders of Revelation 4:4? [Re: kland] #151615
04/06/13 07:08 PM
04/06/13 07:08 PM
H
Harold Fair  Offline
Active Member 2013
Florida, USA
I think he did ig again. He gave a study on Daniel 2 and stated that the mixture of iron and clay were the mixture of church and state. Don't figure at all.

Harold T.
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 04/29/24 09:07 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!