HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,615
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 19
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,189 guests, and 23 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: Johann] #151764
04/11/13 09:33 AM
04/11/13 09:33 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Dust and mud from 200 years ago frozen in the strata of ancient glaciers is much better than the dust and mud of today.

The US government sent the USS Nautilus to the North Pole in 1958 during 'Operation Sunshine'. Being the first water craft to make it to the North Pole they did a study thinking the most pristine water in the ocean would be found under the ice cap. They sampled the water under the polar cap and you know what they found? 2 inches of sludge. We had already done irreparable damage to our world by then, that was 6 decades ago when Nuclear power was just invented.

The way the earth turns in concert with the air and weather patterns make the polar caps magnets for pollutants. This has been proven by hundreds of case studies.

"Among the main threats currently hovering over the poles, the long-distance transport of contaminants from industrial or agricultural areas to the polar regions is of particular concern."

Now our oceans are covered with a thick film of plastic mush. The studies done by the United Nations say the threat of the plastic floating in our oceans is a much larger problem than global warming.

“Between 250 and 300 million tons of plastic are produced every year," said Capt. Moore. "To get that into terms you can understand, every two years we make enough plastic to be the equivalent of the weight of the 7 billion people on earth.”

As global warming progresses, wind and water currents carry pollutants from different parts of the world and have a tendency of travelling to the earth poles due to the “conveyor belt” nature of the coriolis effect that causes these pollutants to travel to the earth’s North and South poles and concentrate them in the polar caps.

Water pollution becomes more evident and dangerous as ice caps melt. Some pollutants found in the Arctic are classified as persistent and lipophilic, this means that they will remain in the fatty tissue of all organisms with adipose tissue up the food chain. You eat a fish you get the contaminants.

“In the last 20 years, scientists have detected an increasing variety of toxic contaminants in the North, including pesticides from agriculture, chemicals and heavy metals from industry, and even radioactive fall-out from Chernobyl (Now Japans Fukushima). These are substances that have invaded ecosystems virtually worldwide, but they are especially worrisome in the Arctic”.

These toxins are traveling through the air and joining to water molecules as they fall in the form of precipitation. No form of atmospheric precipitation is safe today. Please believe me, I know what I'm talking about Pastor.

The lower levels of ice from ancient glaciers, and very deep wells (called prehistoric wells) are the only sources free of the contaminants of the last 100 years. After these sources waters from uncontaminated head waters where plants filter much of the contamination is best. The water must be moving though.

We have not been very nice to our planet.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #151769
04/11/13 05:13 PM
04/11/13 05:13 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
So you think the water in the mountains of Europe are safe pastor?

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #151775
04/11/13 07:45 PM
04/11/13 07:45 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
The most efficient way of filtering water is through large filters and reusing receptacles. Small filters are less likely to be recycled. The very large filters used in industrial water filtering are forced to be recycled.

Get 5 gallon water jugs and refill them. Do not buy single serve plastic water bottles which are a total waste of energy and constitute more than half of the plastic poisoning we are exposed to. NEVER FEED A BABY FROM PLASTIC! Keep plastic out of the microwave because heating plastic causes the off gassing that poisons us. USE GLASS in the microwave.

Also use glass that you can clean and reuse for single serve drinking bottles. Bring them home and clean em them reuse. SAVE yourselves and SAVE the planet. This should be law.

Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #151780
04/12/13 04:06 AM
04/12/13 04:06 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
All over SE Asia, there is a mineral layer of arsenic in the ground. Unscrupulous mining operations frequently puncture a water aquifer after having passed through this layer, and water is brought into contact with the arsenic, which then dissolves into it. Only expensive filtration systems like reverse-osmosis and water distillation will remove elemental toxins like arsenic.

"Hard water" can have a better flavor at times. Pure water is tasteless. But that doesn't mean the hard water is any better for us. If taste were the determinant, I should like to choose juice or root beer (soda pop) to consume on a regular basis. smile

It is not proven that inorganic minerals such as are found in hard water have any beneficial impact on our bodies. They may, conversely, be detrimental--even those minerals which would ordinarily be considered nutrients. Organic forms, such as the minerals we find in our foods, are assimilated and influence our health much more readily.

I'm in favor of pure water. Distilled water is as pure as it gets.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: Green Cochoa] #151781
04/12/13 10:44 AM
04/12/13 10:44 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
The water bible from the World Health Organization. This paper is why so many water bottling companies add Calcium and Magnesium to bottled water for the benefits. I follow their guidelines. I add 10 ppm of Cal Mag to by filtered water for taste, but I add 100 ppm for a daily dose of Cal/Mag in suspension formula.

The World Health Organization (WHO) assembled a diverse group of nutrition, medical, epidemiological and other scientific experts and water technologists at the Pan American Health Organization in Washington, DC, USA, on 27–28 April 2006 to address the possible role of drinking-water containing calcium and/or magnesium as a contribution to the daily intake of those minerals. The overarching issue addressed was whether consumption of drinking-water containing a relatively small contribution to total daily dietary intake of calcium and/or magnesium would provide positive health benefits, especially with respect to cardiovascular disease mortality (the so-called “hard water cardiovascular disease benefits hypothesis”), in the population, particularly in people whose dietary intake was deficient in either of those nutrients. The meeting of experts immediately followed the International Symposium on Health Aspects of Calcium and Magnesium in Drinking Water, which was organized by NSF International and the International Life Sciences Institute in
Baltimore, MD, USA.

It has been reported from studies in eastern Europe that drinking-water with a very low mineral content has a negative impact on the gastrointestinal tract (Kozisek 2005), although no mechanism has been clearly elucidated. Such an effect could, in theory, change the gastrointestinal absorption of minerals,and/or toxic metals, from other sources, particularly food. However, there remain a number of uncertainties relating to the potential for ingestion of low-mineral water to have an impact on the gastrointestinal tract. While there is a need to obtain additional data on the actual effect, it remains uncertain whether this would be an effect on the gastrointestinal tract itself or on the short-term physiology of the gastrointestinal tract. There are some other important considerations. The studies seem largely to have been carried out under conditions of exercise and water stress, and this may lead to unusual conditions. For example, assuming adequate dietary intake of ions and minerals, under such conditions would rehydration with low-mineral water lead to loss of minerals from the gastrointestinal mucosa, or would the key be replacement of minerals lost through sweating and diuresis? Currently there appear to be few studies that would provide answers or even partial answers, except in relation to sports medicine, which also provides relatively extreme conditions.

This paper talks about the Netherlands and how they use centralized water softening techniques to condition water from the processing plants instead of per household like America which has some benefits.

Scientific paper link

This is the calcium sourse I use which has the greatest level of Bioavailabillity for human consumption available in a renewable source.

Aquamin

"A seaweed-derived mineral source, Aquamin is rich in calcium, magnesium and 74 other trace minerals including zinc, iron and selenium. It is produced from the red algae, Lithothamnion species, which is found in just three locations in the world, including the south-west coast of Ireland and Iceland. During its growth phase, these algae absorb essential minerals from the sea – this gives Aquamin its unique multimineral content. The algae then break down naturally and settle on the sea bed. These calcified skeletal remains are harvested, washed, dried and milled into four forms for different food and drink applications. Nothing else is added to the ingredient."

I used to put it in my Bio-Smooth prebiotic formula.

Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: Green Cochoa] #151782
04/12/13 11:31 AM
04/12/13 11:31 AM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
All over SE Asia, there is a mineral layer of arsenic in the ground. Unscrupulous mining operations frequently puncture a water aquifer after having passed through this layer, and water is brought into contact with the arsenic, which then dissolves into it. Only expensive filtration systems like reverse-osmosis and water distillation will remove elemental toxins like arsenic.

"Hard water" can have a better flavor at times. Pure water is tasteless. But that doesn't mean the hard water is any better for us. If taste were the determinant, I should like to choose juice or root beer (soda pop) to consume on a regular basis. smile

It is not proven that inorganic minerals such as are found in hard water have any beneficial impact on our bodies. They may, conversely, be detrimental--even those minerals which would ordinarily be considered nutrients. Organic forms, such as the minerals we find in our foods, are assimilated and influence our health much more readily.

I'm in favor of pure water. Distilled water is as pure as it gets.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.
Funny, my wife just changed over to distilled water since our well has gotten contaminated by drilling by the city as their well fields are close to us. They promised that they would protect our water and to report any changes, and we noticed changes in color so had it tested and it was very contaminated with all kinds of minerals stirred up the deep well drilling. We reported and the response we got was basically, 'sue us'. So I don't have a lawyer on retainer our can afford to take on 'city hall', so will be going to distilled water till I can get something that can clean and convert my water to a equivalent level.

Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: Rick H] #151783
04/12/13 12:14 PM
04/12/13 12:14 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Do it, hire a lawyer. They are responsible.

You might want to do some blood work and see what your levels of contaminants are in your blood.

Look for non naturally occurring nitrates and phosphates.

You could be given enough money to move or get a holding tank system at their expense.

My Father was next to a gravel pit and they would suck the water out every year to go deeper and he won a huge lawsuit just for this let alone contaminants. People 5 blocks away from where I live were on a well system and the concrete company next door had to buy them out for three times the market value of their home because of the levels of contaminants. DO IT DUDE.

They are forcing to do it and this is not something forbidden in scripture. They are doing the Christian thing so you are exempt from the command not to sue.

Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #151784
04/12/13 02:34 PM
04/12/13 02:34 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
You might want to do some blood work and see what your levels of contaminants are in your blood.

Blood work may reveal some elements, but a hair-mineral analysis (HMA) is much better. It was via the HMA tests that I was proven to have been arsenic poisoned while in SE Asia for just a year and a half. I just spoke with someone this week who may be presently struggling with arsenic poisoning himself, likely from the same source as did I.

Distilled water is the best.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: Green Cochoa] #151791
04/12/13 03:59 PM
04/12/13 03:59 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
James, I'm not sure I would base anything on The World Health Organization saying it. In fact, I would tend to take the opposite approach of whatever they say. I suppose they might sometimes give valid advice. Hard to tell when.

Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: kland] #151795
04/12/13 08:31 PM
04/12/13 08:31 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: kland
James, I'm not sure I would base anything on The World Health Organization saying it. In fact, I would tend to take the opposite approach of whatever they say. I suppose they might sometimes give valid advice. Hard to tell when.

I know exactly what you mean, my point was to show that if they (WHO) are admitting that these things are as prevalent as they are confessing, then imagine how bad it really is. You know what I'm saying? They do have all of the studies that have been published by private researchers on this scientific paper noted. This is one of the best compilations health agencies have at their disposal on the subject that is why I quoted it.

But good point. I just hate to get on board the whole conspiracy theories associated with the World Health Organization. Let their own actions speak for themselves. The UN is not all bad.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 07:26 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!