HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,638
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, TheophilusOne, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,298 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159406
12/19/13 08:22 PM
12/19/13 08:22 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline OP
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
"Christ’s words had been spoken in the hearing of a large number of people; but when He was alone, Peter, John, James, and Andrew came to Him as He sat upon the Mount of Olives. “Tell us,” they said, “when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of Thy coming, and of the end of the world?” Jesus did not answer His disciples by taking up separately the destruction of Jerusalem and the great day of His coming. He mingled the description of these two events. Had He opened to His disciples future events as He beheld them, they would have been unable to endure the sight. In mercy to them He blended the description of the two great crises, leaving the disciples to study out the meaning for themselves. When He referred to the destruction of Jerusalem, His prophetic words reached beyond that event to the final conflagration in that day when the Lord shall rise out of His place to punish the world for their iniquity, when the earth shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain. This entire discourse was given, not for the disciples only, but for those who should live in the last scenes of this earth’s history. {DA 628.1}

"Where the corpse is the eagles will gather". Was this fulfilled perfectly before? Through the Jesuits being the persecuting force of the fallen church durring the Dark Ages it fits perfectly, but not as perfectly as the first Jesuit pope does, and the fact that this Jesuit popes reign is the eighth king since the healing of the head wound in 1929.

The last question of the desciples was answered last by Jesus.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159407
12/19/13 08:28 PM
12/19/13 08:28 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
You still haven't told me what the birds/eagles represent in the Bible. Look up those passages I gave you. Mrs. White is not the source for this. Use your Bible. The Bible interprets itself.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: Green Cochoa] #159408
12/19/13 08:34 PM
12/19/13 08:34 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
But this is my point brother, if you believe the Spirit of Prophecy is an extension of scripture in that the same source of inspiration is the Holy Spirit, and God does not change, so His leading the body through inspiration would draw the minds of the people to what God intended for scriptural interpretation correct?

If it was God who inspired the intepretation of prophecy through Mrs White why would He altar His course?

Everything and everyone that is inspired by the same Spirit that motivated Mrs White to write scriptural intepreatation will have the same path behind them. The same foundation benieth them.

God was very clear that those who deviate from the written inspiration of the Testimonies are those who have separated themselves from the Spirit of truth. It is a sign that you no longer follow the same path as the Advent people. Are you sure you want to do that?

In the name of Jesus, please take your time to respond.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: Green Cochoa] #159410
12/19/13 08:48 PM
12/19/13 08:48 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
You still haven't told me what the birds/eagles represent in the Bible. Look up those passages I gave you. Mrs. White is not the source for this. Use your Bible. The Bible interprets itself.

I showed you that Moses himself was using the actual word 'eagle' to identify Rome in the future, at the destruction of Jerusalem. Now I showed you that when Jesus prophesied in Matthew he wasn't just talking about the destruction of Jerusalem but the end of time when He comes back. The destruction of Jerusalem was over 2000 years ago and now we have gone through the proclamation of the sixth seal and the end of probation is coming quick, and all of the sudden the eighth king fits other prophecies.

God always supplies proof of the fulfillment of prophecy. But since the end of the world is the most secret date God only reveals the fulfillments on or just after the fulfillment and very few seem to be looking in the right places to see the fulfillment and it causes an argument instead of a revelation.

I had been looking for the fulfillment of the seventh king remaining a short while, now I was shown the seventh king of Rev 17 (Benedict 16) REMAINED after his reign. He is the only uncontested pope to ever abdicate his throne. The bible used that special circumstance to prophecy the event, but everyone was thinking the seventh king would only remain as king a short time and it didn't fit.

Then Pope Benedict retires and St Peters Bacilica gets hit with lightning twice. Tell me that is all coincidence?

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159411
12/19/13 08:52 PM
12/19/13 08:52 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
JSOT,

Look up the texts I gave you, then report back your findings. I'm not denying the truths of Mrs. White. But Mrs. White does not in most cases define Bible symbols. This one is a symbol. The Bible must interpret itself. If Mrs. White were the only source for these Bible definitions, many would question the legitimacy of them. One must go to the Bible itself for these. Use the scriptures to define the scriptures, then tell me what the eagles represent.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159413
12/19/13 09:11 PM
12/19/13 09:11 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
The text in Deut 28:26 talking about the dead bodies (corpses) proves that the word literally means dead body. But that whole chapter is about following God and getting blessing or rebelling against God and seeing the second death;

Deut 28:15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:

16 Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field...

26 And thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air, and unto the beasts of the earth, and no man shall fray them away.

27 The Lord will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed.

28 The Lord shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart:

29 And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways: and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore, and no man shall save thee.

This is also a double fulfillment prophecy. It's ultimate fulfillment will be against those who pierced Jesus how they are specially resurrected to see the second coming, they actually die three times, and the beast and it's image who also are cast alive into the burning when Jesus comes back.

Look at the similarities to the plagues...

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159414
12/19/13 09:22 PM
12/19/13 09:22 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
You also quoted Revelation 18

King James Version (KJV)
18 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

The Unclean and hateful birds are both the nations who lend their power to the Fallen Chruch, including the United States, and through the Protestant churches who have echumenicalized. They are the image to the beast. They are hateful birds of pray that are the armies of Rome. It fits yet you do not see it.

Out of all the images of the end time fallen church scenario they all lend themselves to thee Beast and it's image. The Mother and her daughters. The seven heads and the ten horns, all these point to the same powers. God was very redundant on these points so no one could argue, yet those who claim to be His people all have thier own concept, yet.

3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

Notice how this text you quoted speaks of "the habitation of devils". This is the rapping that we were warned about by God through His servant. Satan is appearing as an angel of light to deceive the world into believing The visions of Mary which began just after Mrs White died. This is present truth based off the foundation of Advent Testimonies.

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159415
12/19/13 09:38 PM
12/19/13 09:38 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
JSOT,

What are the birds who ate the Gospel seed in the parable of the sower?

You are reading the Bible with an eye to supporting a preconceived opinion. You'll find what you want to find, because nothing else will satisfy you.

For those who look more objectively at the passages involved, birds represent demons/devils. If you are willing to make that connection, it opens a great number of possibilities in the scriptures.

No, the "habitation of devils" does not refer to the rapping merely. It refers to any place or entity where devils reign. In this case, it is speaking of "Babylon," which means confusion and refers to the corrupt churches of Rome and of apostate protestantism.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: Green Cochoa] #159418
12/20/13 05:11 AM
12/20/13 05:11 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
“I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. ... And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.” Revelation 18:1, 2, 4. {HF 367.1}
The announcement made by the second angel of Revelation 14 (verse 8) is to be repeated, with the additional mention of the corruptions which have been entering Babylon since that message was first given. {HF 367.2}
A terrible condition is here described. With every rejection of truth the minds of people will become darker, their hearts more stubborn. They will continue to trample upon one of the precepts of the Decalogue until they persecute those who hold it sacred. Christ is set at nought in the contempt placed upon His Word and His people. {HF 367.3}
The profession of religion will become a cloak to conceal the basest iniquity. A belief in spiritualism opens the door to doctrines of devils, and thus the influence of evil angels will be felt in the churches Babylon has filled up the measure of her guilt, and destruction is about to fall. {HF 367.4}

Re: "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather". Matt 24:28 [Re: jamesonofthunder] #159419
12/20/13 05:12 AM
12/20/13 05:12 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
The habitation of devils is made possible by belief in the rapping or spiritualism.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/19/24 01:25 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!