HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,617
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
7 registered members (Karen Y, Nadi, dedication, Kevin H, Daryl, 2 invisible), 3,348 guests, and 23 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 32 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 31 32
Re: What saves us? [Re: Rosangela] #153195
06/14/13 09:32 AM
06/14/13 09:32 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: APL
Even when he was cast out of heaven, Infinite Wisdom did not destroy Satan. Since only the service of love can be acceptable to God, the allegiance of His creatures must rest upon a conviction of His justice and benevolence. The inhabitants of heaven and of the worlds, being unprepared to comprehend the nature or consequences of sin, could not then have seen the justice of God in the destruction of Satan.

The destruction was delayed. It will come at the promised time. Through prophecy, we all know when it will happen, and how.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
The arm of Omnipotence alone can cleanse the earth from the evil which Satan has brought into it. This He will do by destroying the world by fire, even as He destroyed the old world by a flood. {RH, April 16, 1901 par. 13}

Not "sin alone," not "DNA alone," in fact not even DNA at all--but "the arm of Omnipotence alone can cleanse the earth from the evil which Satan has brought into it." Furthermore, we are told HOW this will happen--it says "this He will do by destroying the world by fire, even as He destroyed the old world by a flood."

Tell me, when the world was "destroyed" by flood, did the "world" still remain? Even a child would understand this context to refer to the world's wicked population, and not the old earth itself. Therefore, God has proclaimed that He will destroy sinful people again--but this time by fire.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: What saves us? [Re: Green Cochoa] #153196
06/14/13 09:42 AM
06/14/13 09:42 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Now, why does every thread that APL participates in get off on this tangent? The topic of this thread is the most important topic on this forum. Let us get back to it.
back

The rich young ruler asked this most important question of Jesus--the most important question ever asked of Him in all of His ministry: "What must I do to be saved?" I think a close examination of that dialogue is appropriate for anyone wishing to learn how to be saved.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: What saves us? [Re: Green Cochoa] #153198
06/14/13 03:09 PM
06/14/13 03:09 PM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Even when he was cast out of heaven, Infinite Wisdom did not destroy Satan. Since only the service of love can be acceptable to God, the allegiance of His creatures must rest upon a conviction of His justice and benevolence. The inhabitants of heaven and of the worlds, being unprepared to comprehend the nature or consequences of sin, could not <font style="font-size:13pt">then</font> have seen the justice of God in the destruction of Satan.

The destruction was delayed. It will come at the promised time. Through prophecy, we all know when it will happen, and how.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
The arm of Omnipotence alone can cleanse the earth from the evil which Satan has brought into it. This He will do by destroying the world by fire, even as He destroyed the old world by a flood. {RH, April 16, 1901 par. 13}

Not "sin alone," not "DNA alone," in fact not even DNA at all--but "the arm of Omnipotence alone can cleanse the earth from the evil which Satan has brought into it." Furthermore, we are told HOW this will happen--it says "this He will do by destroying the world by fire, even as He destroyed the old world by a flood."

Tell me, when the world was "destroyed" by flood, did the "world" still remain? Even a child would understand this context to refer to the world's wicked population, and not the old earth itself. Therefore, God has proclaimed that He will destroy sinful people again--but this time by fire.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Had satan and his fellow sinners been allowed to reap the natural consequences of sin, the on looking universe would have not understood that this was the the result of sin and thought it was execution by God. God had to allow the playing out of sin, to show the effects of sin, the malignity of sin to be clearly seen. Many quotes of EGW support that fact that God is not the executioner! GC 35/36 as a clear example! It is not a hard quote to understand. The Spirit of God, persistently resisted, is at last withdrawn from the sinner, and then there is left no power to control the evil passions of the soul, and no protection from the malice and enmity of Satan. He allows the natural results of sin to continue, and sinners do die.

Did the destruction of the world by the flood destroy sin? No. Malachi 4 tells us that when the fires do come at the end, the sinners will be stubble. They are dead. Then the fires cleanse the earth? Why fire? Why burn up the whole earth if the sinners are dead? Why Green?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: What saves us? [Re: APL] #153201
06/15/13 03:50 AM
06/15/13 03:50 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Can you jump off a cliff? Yes. Will you die? Yes. Is the penalty intrinsic or imposed? Did God have to set in and kill you? No.

According to your theory, if I jump off a cliff, I can avoid death. All I have to do is watch Someone else who was made to jump off the cliff and survived, and copy Him. So, if on the way down I am convinced that I should not jump off cliffs anymore, then I will be OK when I get to the bottom because my cliff-jumping has been healed.

Flawed.

Last edited by asygo; 06/15/13 04:00 AM.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: What saves us? [Re: Rosangela] #153203
06/15/13 04:11 AM
06/15/13 04:11 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Rosangela
Because we have sinned, we must personally bear the condemnation of the law, unless some one else ... will bear the condemnation in our behalf. Without a substitute, we have no hope of pardon and salvation.

The concept of a substitute bearing the condemnation for someone else and imputing righteousness to someone else is incompatible with the healing-only model.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: What saves us? [Re: asygo] #153204
06/15/13 04:16 AM
06/15/13 04:16 AM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: asygo
Can you jump off a cliff? Yes. Will you die? Yes. Is the penalty intrinsic or imposed? Did God have to set in and kill you? No.

According to your theory, if I jump off a cliff, I can avoid death. All I have to do is watch Someone else who was made to jump off the cliff and survived, and copy Him. So, if on the way down I am convinced that I should not jump off cliffs anymore, then I will be OK when I get to the bottom because my cliff-jumping has been healed.

Flawed.
Of course YOU can push the example to the extreme ridiculous. The point is that violating any of God's laws have intrinsic consequences. Violating the laws of our being has intrinsic consequences. God is not the executioner.

And proportionately as nature's laws are transgressed, physical suffering and disease of every stripe and type is seen; for every transgression of the laws of physical life is a transgression of the laws of God. {SpM 40.2}

The world today is full of pain and suffering and agony. But is it the will of God that such a condition shall exist? -- No. God, the Creator of our bodies, has arranged every fiber and nerve, and sinew and muscle, and has pledged himself to keep the machinery in order, if the human agent will cooperate with him, and refuse to work contrary to the laws which govern the physical system. {SpM 40.5}

God's law is written by His own finger upon every nerve, every muscle, every faculty which has been entrusted to man. These gifts were bestowed upon him, not to be abused, corrupted and abased, but to be used to His honor and glory. Every misuse of any part of our organism is a violation of the law which God designs shall govern us in these matters, and by violating this law human beings corrupt themselves; sickness and disease of every kind, ruined constitutions, premature decay, untimely deaths, these are the results of a violation of nature's laws. {SpM 40.6}

The consequences of sin is intrinsic.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: What saves us? [Re: asygo] #153205
06/15/13 04:33 AM
06/15/13 04:33 AM
APL  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Because we have sinned, we must personally bear the condemnation of the law, unless some one else ... will bear the condemnation in our behalf. Without a substitute, we have no hope of pardon and salvation.

The concept of a substitute bearing the condemnation for someone else and imputing righteousness to someone else is incompatible with the healing-only model.
The concept of someone legally taking the fall for another person is flawed for many reason. Christ is our substitute in reality in that he took our nature, bore the penalty of sin in reality, not some staged event, experienced what we would have gone through, and by this knowledge, He is able to justify, put right, heal, all who are willing. He bore our sickness, Matthew 8:17. Hebrews 2:17-18 Why in all things it behooved him to be made like to his brothers, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that he himself has suffered being tempted, he is able to succor them that are tempted. The Healing model makes any logical sense. Salvation MEANS healing. Is Christ the Great Physician or the Great Lawyer?

The atonement of Christ is not a mere skillful way to have our sins pardoned; it is a divine remedy for the cure of transgression and the restoration of spiritual health. It is the heaven-ordained means by which the righteousness of Christ may be not only upon us, but in our hearts and characters.--Letter 406, 1906.

It is not legal finagling, it is a divine remedy - health solution.

Re: What saves us? [Re: APL] #153208
06/15/13 05:27 AM
06/15/13 05:27 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA

Flawed.
Of course YOU can push the example to the extreme ridiculous. The point is that violating any of God's laws have intrinsic consequences. Violating the laws of our being has intrinsic consequences.

Yes, but you are not applying it to your own ideas.

You will die if you jump off a cliff. Even if you never jump off again after that, you will still die because of that first jump. That is the intrinsic consequence of that first jump. And no matter what you do thereafter, if you want to avoid the consequences of that first jump, you need to address that first jump.

But you say that we can avoid death as long as we stop sinning. Even if we had sinned countless times, as most of us have, you say that we will live eternally if we simply stop doing it from now on. You ignore the basic fact that the wages of sin, even one sin, is always death. And if we want to avoid death, we must address every one of our sins, not just future ones.

God has one law - love. Any deviation from it precipitates one penalty - death. There is no way around it. It is intrinsic.

The consequences of sin is intrinsic.

Then why do you say that our billions of sins can be ignored if we simply stop sinning?

By God's grace,
Arnold

Re: What saves us? [Re: APL] #153209
06/15/13 05:43 AM
06/15/13 05:43 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
God is not the executioner.

This is a misunderstanding of a true statement.

God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression... {GC 36.1}

But later in that book we find this: God has given in His word decisive evidence that He will punish the transgressors of His law. Those who flatter themselves that He is too merciful to execute justice upon the sinner, have only to look to the cross of Calvary. The death of the spotless Son of God testifies that "the wages of sin is death," that every violation of God's law must receive its just retribution. {GC 539.3}

Will God execute justice upon the sinner? Yes, the SOP says so.

Will God be the executioner of the sentence upon each sinner? No, the SOP says so.

How is this? Look at Calvary. Christ was made sin for us so that He could be our Substitute. God executed the wages of sin upon Jesus as our Substitute.

Now, those who choose to die IN Christ will not need to die LIKE Christ. Instead, we can live IN Christ even though we have not lived LIKE Christ. And this is possible because we can obey IN Christ, though not quite LIKE Christ.

But then, you don't accept substitution. You only accept genetic manipulation. That's a problem.

By God's grace,
Arnold

Re: What saves us? [Re: APL] #153210
06/15/13 05:49 AM
06/15/13 05:49 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA

The concept of someone legally taking the fall for another person is flawed for many reason.

Do you deny that Jesus bore "the condemnation in our behalf"?

Is Christ the Great Physician or the Great Lawyer?

Was Jesus the Son of God or the Son Mary or the Son of Man? Jesus was not a one-trick-pony. Don't fall for the either/or fallacy.

By God's grace,
Arnold

Page 14 of 32 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 31 32

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 07:26 PM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!