HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,629
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, Nadi, 2 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: asygo] #154640
08/04/13 11:31 PM
08/04/13 11:31 PM
Alpendave  Offline
Banned Member
Deer Park, WA
Regarding the original post, I'm wondering why would anyone want to speculate on something as trivial to our own salvation as this. I hate to judge anyone's motives, but this behavior is a hallmark of the kind of pride that leads people to always be trying to find something strange and new in order to garner attention to themselves.

Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: Alpendave] #154643
08/05/13 02:19 AM
08/05/13 02:19 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Alpendave
Regarding the original post, I'm wondering why would anyone want to speculate on something as trivial to our own salvation as this. I hate to judge anyone's motives, but this behavior is a hallmark of the kind of pride that leads people to always be trying to find something strange and new in order to garner attention to themselves.

Your accusation is baseless. Perhaps you will be happy to know this so that your fears are alleviated. smile

I was intrigued by the Ellen White account that mentioned only Adam, and so I began to wonder about it. I am still wondering, as that statement provided by APL is not fully clear about the end result.

Are you not interested in this? If not, please feel under no obligation to participate in this topic.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: dedication] #154654
08/05/13 04:30 AM
08/05/13 04:30 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
The gospel was first preached to Adam and Eve in Eden. They sincerely repented of their guilt, believed the promise of God, and were saved from utter ruin. {ST, April 22, 1886 par. 2}

That seems pretty clear that both Adam and Eve "were saved from utter ruin."

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: asygo] #154655
08/05/13 05:16 AM
08/05/13 05:16 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
But what exactly is "utter ruin" to mean? for which life is it to be applied? It does seem to speak to their eternal destiny, but I'm not sure if that is the only application that might fit.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: Green Cochoa] #154661
08/05/13 04:09 PM
08/05/13 04:09 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
They sincerely repented of their guilt, believed the promise of God, and were saved from utter ruin.

Repent, believe -> saved from utter ruin
Let's compare the two possibilities.

Temporal: Repentance and belief are not necessary for temporal success. In fact, sin is more successful in the short run. True, sin always comes with suffering, but it's temporal advantages often mitigate the pain. Furthermore, repentance and belief often lead to temporal ruin. Consider the faithful whose heads have been lopped off. Yes, an argument can be made both ways, but there will be an argument.

Eternal: In this sense, everything fits perfectly. Utter ruin is guaranteed without repentance and belief. Salvation from utter ruin is guaranteed by repentance and unbelief. There is no argument.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: asygo] #154719
08/07/13 05:07 AM
08/07/13 05:07 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
I'm not saying this is more plausible than your interpretation, Arnold, because that does seem pretty solid, but what about the fact that Adam and Eve did not die that literal day, and only can be said to have died in one of God's "millennial days" as defined in 2 Peter 3:8? Would that have been a saving from "utter ruin" at that time?

I guess, for me, it's still the time element that seems open to other understandings. Furthermore, I'm still confused as to why Ellen White speaks so strongly of Adam, the patriarch of the human family, being in Heaven, but breathes not a word of Eve, the first human sinner and mother of all mankind after the first couple. It just seems like there is a void in her statement about Adam in Heaven. Where is Eve? Why is she not mentioned?

Could it be that Eve is not mentioned in Heaven for another reason, if indeed she is to be there? Perhaps this is to highlight for us the fact that in Heaven, marriage will cease to be a part of our relationships.

It just seems that inspiration always has a reason for saying things and for omitting things. Sometimes those omissions are fraught with meaning.

Still wondering...

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: Green Cochoa] #154723
08/07/13 05:53 AM
08/07/13 05:53 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
It has not been revealed to us, why do you continue to speculate? Why do you make so much of Eve being the first sinner? Adam could have stopped the problem, but he CHOSE to propagate the problem. As it is written Romans 5:12 Why, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed on all men,...

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: APL] #154724
08/07/13 08:24 AM
08/07/13 08:24 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: APL
It has not been revealed to us, why do you continue to speculate?

I'll remember this the next time you speculate about DNA. smile

Why do you make so much of Eve being the first sinner?

I didn't say she was the first sinner. If I did, I apologize. She wasn't the first sinner.
Adam could have stopped the problem, but he CHOSE to propagate the problem. As it is written Romans 5:12 Why, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed on all men,...

First of all, "Adam" means the first man and woman, as Genesis 5:2 so well informs us. Secondly, "man" in Romans 5:12 very probably refers to EVE. Its Greek word is "anthropos," meaning man or woman. Since you might give more credence to the Bible lexicon, I'll quote it.

Quote:
  1. a human being, whether male or female
    1. generically, to include all human individuals
    2. to distinguish man from beings of a different order
      1. of animals and plants
      2. of from God and Christ
      3. of the angels
    3. with the added notion of weakness, by which man is led into a mistake or prompted to sin
    4. with the adjunct notion of contempt or disdainful pity
    5. with reference to two fold nature of man, body and soul
    6. with reference to the two fold nature of man, the corrupt and the truly Christian man, conformed to the nature of God
    7. with reference to sex, a male
  2. indefinitely, someone, a man, one
  3. in the plural, people
  4. joined with other words, merchantman

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: asygo] #154731
08/07/13 04:32 PM
08/07/13 04:32 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: asygo
The gospel was first preached to Adam and Eve in Eden. They sincerely repented of their guilt, believed the promise of God, and were saved from utter ruin. {ST, April 22, 1886 par. 2}

That seems pretty clear that both Adam and Eve "were saved from utter ruin."

Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
But what exactly is "utter ruin" to mean? for which life is it to be applied? It does seem to speak to their eternal destiny, but I'm not sure if that is the only application that might fit.

Green, if you sincerely repent of your guilt, believe in the promise of God, and are saved from utter ruin, does that mean you may be lost?

Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: APL] #154734
08/07/13 05:04 PM
08/07/13 05:04 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
It has not been revealed to us, why do you continue to speculate? Why do you make so much of Eve being the first sinner? Adam could have stopped the problem, but he CHOSE to propagate the problem. As it is written Romans 5:12 Why, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed on all men,...
There's been thing said which has brought on accusations of something against women in the past, though it was denied.

I believe I've seen enough evidence. I'm ready to vote. I'm casting mine with the, "there's an agenda here".

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!