HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,597
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,252 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Daryl] #155824
09/06/13 12:12 AM
09/06/13 12:12 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I also look at the whole Bible (OT & NT) and don't limit it to the Law of Moses, or interpret it to the Law of Moses.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Daryl] #155825
09/06/13 01:16 AM
09/06/13 01:16 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
But even if we look at the Mosaic law, it's hard to make a good case that death=repentance.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: asygo] #155826
09/06/13 02:36 AM
09/06/13 02:36 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
This discussion seems to be merging the spiritual meaning and physically meaning of death as if it were one and the same thing.

Paul uses the physical reality of death to ILLUSTRATE spiritual meanings, not to merge the two.

Ephesians 2-
We are dead in our sins, God through His spirit quickens us.
We aren't physically dead, but our spiritual natures are dead and need the quickening power of the Holy Spirit.

Our carnal natures are naturally alive and flourishing, this carnal nature (see Romans 8) is what is put to death so the spiritual nature can flourish.

When Paul says he 'dies daily" it is referring to the carnal nature that he must "starve' so the "spiritual nature' can thrive.

This has nothing to do with the physical death when our breathing and heartbeat stops and we return to dust.
To converge the two as if they were the same leads into dangerous paths.

Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: asygo] #155827
09/06/13 03:23 AM
09/06/13 03:23 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Quote:
Elle : Your thoughts Asygo with your comment on which death Paul died daily?

Asygo : Not the 2nd death. It's more likely this: How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? (Romans 6:2) For he who has died has been freed from sin. (Romans 6:7)

Yes and these are not talking about a physical death right? but a spiritual death which is a repentance or submission to the will of the Lord.

Originally Posted By: Asygo
This is the sense in which repentance = death. Looking at the law, the death it demands for sin never allowed the sinner to come back the next day to do it again.

You say I read it too literally. I could say the same for you. Try this on for size: Whenever you read about repentance, it doesn't really mean repentance; what it means is that the person will die. When the law says slaves will be set free, it is merely symbolic of the fact that sinners will die.

Your interpretation is what Isaiah calls vomit(interpretation of men) for you only took portion of the Jubilee law and ignored the other parts that doesn't agree with you. Jesus said we need "to live by every word that proceeded from the mouth of the Lord." Not only by the ones that agree on my believes, or twist the word of the Lord to say what I want it to say.

The Law of Jubilee is clear that at the end of the 49th year, all debt are erased(cancelled) which means total forgiveness and everyone is restore back to their inheritance.

"AV Lv 25:10 And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout [all] the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubile unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family....AV Lv 25:28 But if he be not able to restore [it] to him, then that which is sold shall remain in the hand of him that hath bought it until the year of jubile: and in the jubile it shall go out, and he shall return unto his possession."

Originally Posted By: Asygo
That argument rests on the same logic as yours, namely, take what the Bible says and claim it is really symbolic of what you wish it said.
No that is not true, the proof is just above. Then I have provided scriptures to disproof everyones arguments or theories and met everyones scripture proofs who claim texts where saying this and that which where false which was twisted texts or adding things to texts that wasn't there. The worse is how many just ignore so much texts that doesn't say what they believe.

The SDA Church has taken interpretation of men and made it their foundation on it instead of the word of God and neglecte their duty to test all doctrines and interpretations against the Bible.

I thought your ears were open, Asygo. But this shows that it is not yet your time. That's ok. I'm not here to convert or convict people for it is the work of the Lord. I'm here to study to understand the Lord's ways if you have me some more.

I'm not saying that you don't hear at all the Lord for everyone hear His voice. However, most cannot different it from the voice of the old man, nor do they know His ways.

However, I appreciate your respond and honesty...

Bless you

Blessings
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: dedication] #155828
09/06/13 03:28 AM
09/06/13 03:28 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication
This discussion seems to be merging the spiritual meaning and physically meaning of death as if it were one and the same thing.

Paul uses the physical reality of death to ILLUSTRATE spiritual meanings, not to merge the two.

Ephesians 2-
We are dead in our sins, God through His spirit quickens us.
We aren't physically dead, but our spiritual natures are dead and need the quickening power of the Holy Spirit.

Our carnal natures are naturally alive and flourishing, this carnal nature (see Romans 8) is what is put to death so the spiritual nature can flourish.

When Paul says he 'dies daily" it is referring to the carnal nature that he must "starve' so the "spiritual nature' can thrive.

This has nothing to do with the physical death when our breathing and heartbeat stops and we return to dust.
To converge the two as if they were the same leads into dangerous paths.

dedication, That's what I've been saying. There are a physcial death and a Spiritual death...the two are different. However, everyone is having difficulty to admit that our baptism is a spiritual death -- repentance and submission to the will of the Lord.

Blessings
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Daryl] #155829
09/06/13 03:51 AM
09/06/13 03:51 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Daryl
Seeing this is a forum mainly for Seventh-day Adventists, I prefer a much better source than the one Elle is using to back up her own personal studies and interpretations, and that is the writings of Ellen White, who I believe is God's messenger for these last days in which she is God's lesser light (her writings) leading us to the greater light (the Bible writers).

In other words, if Elle and her source/s go contrary to God's messenger for these last days, I will choose her writings over anyboody's personal studies and interpretations.

Daryl, my source is the Bible and the Bible alone. I've been here 5 years and my post shows this. I do not appreciate the false witness you have just given against me in this post. You have ask me in post #155753 the following
Originally Posted By: Elle
Originally Posted By: Daryl
Elle,

Where are you getting all of your interpretations from?

Are your interpretations coming from your own personal and prayerful study, or are you obtaining them from an internet source?
The meaning of the second death, destruction, all man to be saved, the lake of fire being a baptism, no freewill, etc.... the Lord gave me all of this via personal studies. It was via looking up the Hebrew & Greek words and looking up all its occurrences in the Bible to derive the Lord's definition of words that I started to see things differently. I was sharing my studies about this on the forum in Restoration Ministry and Adventist Online. Then a year later, I came across Myron, an SDA, that from his own studies also came to the same understanding over 12 years ago. He came across the studies of Stephen Jones, who is a non-denominationalist who studies the law of Moses. When Myron shared what the studies from the Law of Moses that gave a very strong foundation to what I was seeing elsewhere in scripture. It was an Ephiphany(spelling correct?) moment for me. I then refuse to read Stephen's studies for nearly a year so I wouldn't be influenced by his interpretation. And I branched in studying the law on my own and on AO and over here.

Yes, it is my personal studies, but now I do read Stephen Jones studies too, but will verify all texts and I do not just accept things without verifying and doing my own studying.

You did me wrong and I expect an appology.

At the odd time, I may read other's people thinking or studies at times as anyone does when I read what you or Asygo or anyone says on the forum, but I will verify it all against the Bible as instructed in Deut 13 & Deut 18 and Is 8:20 and Ez 14. I do not rest on others people interpretation like you admitted you do and live off every word they say as if they are infallible like you and most of us SDAs do with EGW. You admit this above by which she and James never approved of that and said it was a Christian duty to study for ourselves the Bible and prove all things from the Bible.

It was that EGW counsel that I took seriously and was my purpose to come here 5 years ago. To prove all things and come to know the Lord's way is still my purpose today. Nothing has changed. The only thing that has changed is I have become more acquainted with the Law and what the Bible says and it is very evident it doesn't say what the SDA denomination has taught us.

Blessings
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Elle] #155846
09/06/13 08:56 AM
09/06/13 08:56 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Elle,

If as you say you are using the Bible and the Bible alone, please respond to THIS POST using the Bible alone.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Green Cochoa] #155863
09/06/13 01:27 PM
09/06/13 01:27 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Elle, while the Bible is the standard, are you saying Ellen White is contrary to the Bible?

Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Elle] #155871
09/06/13 06:51 PM
09/06/13 06:51 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
The Law of Jubilee is clear that at the end of the 49th year, all debt are erased(cancelled) which means total forgiveness and everyone is restore back to their inheritance.

"AV Lv 25:10 And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout [all] the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubile unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family....AV Lv 25:28 But if he be not able to restore [it] to him, then that which is sold shall remain in the hand of him that hath bought it until the year of jubile: and in the jubile it shall go out, and he shall return unto his possession."

What about the law for the slave who gets his ear pierced? Does he also go free at the Jubilee?

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Elle] #155872
09/06/13 06:52 PM
09/06/13 06:52 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
There are a physcial death and a Spiritual death...the two are different.

What I and others have been saying is that the second death is a physical death, while you say it is a spiritual death. Right?

By God's grace,
Arnold

Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!